|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Jack's chores after the accident?
(a) He collects the eggs.
(b) He works the farm land and equipment.
(c) He paints the barn.
(d) He runs errands.
2. Who are the heroines of Jack's stories?
(a) His mother and his sister, Phoebe.
(b) A schoolgirl named Margaret and his cousin, Linda.
(c) His teacher and a schoolgirl named Margaret.
(d) His sister and his French horn teacher.
3. After the accident, what are the themes of Jack's stories?
(a) Super heroes and world domination.
(b) Self-sacrifice and redemption.
(c) Murder and kidnapping.
(d) Running away to desert islands.
4. What part does Jack play in his made-up stories?
(a) The narrator describing the action.
(b) The superhero.
(c) All of the parts.
(d) The hero of the stories.
5. How does the narrator describe Jack's mother before the accident?
(a) A happy woman who was shy and retiring.
(b) A cheerful woman who laughed and loved telling stories.
(c) A sad woman who had suffered greatly in her life.
(d) A glum woman who always expected the worst.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jack's father blame for his son's death?
2. On what does Jack concentrate in order to regain his composure after his painful thoughts?
3. What is one habit Jack's father takes up after the accident?
4. What is the victim riding when he falls off and is run over?
5. How does Jack come to feel about his raging on the tractor?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)