|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack's father struggle with about his religious beliefs?
(a) How anyone could not believe in God.
(b) How God could be in Heaven.
(c) Is there a Hell?
(d) How God could let such a horrible thing happen to his child.
2. What does Jack finally contemplate while riding on the tractor telling his stories?
3. How does the narrator describe Jack's mother before the accident?
(a) A happy woman who was shy and retiring.
(b) A sad woman who had suffered greatly in her life.
(c) A cheerful woman who laughed and loved telling stories.
(d) A glum woman who always expected the worst.
4. When Jack is on the tractor and a storm begins, what does he do?
(a) Rides to the edge of the field and waits for the storm to be over.
(b) Drives home like a dog in flight.
(c) Goes to the barn and takes a nap.
(d) Gets off and sits under a tree.
5. What is the kitchen like in Jack's house?
(a) It is filled with people and the smell of food.
(b) It is empty and dark.
(c) It is painted a dark blue.
(d) It is a mess from the wind storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Dale's story, whose skull is Lord Byron trying to make into a drinking cup?
2. What musical instrument does Jack's mother force on him?
3. How does Jack's mother deal with her grief outwardly?
4. When Jack's father is gone for days, who takes over the work of the farm?
5. What is Jack indignant about when he is in the kitchen?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)