|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jack is on the tractor and a storm begins, what does he do?
(a) Goes to the barn and takes a nap.
(b) Drives home like a dog in flight.
(c) Rides to the edge of the field and waits for the storm to be over.
(d) Gets off and sits under a tree.
2. What is the only reason Jack's father does not make good on his motorcycle fantasies?
(a) Because he would not be able to see his family in prison.
(b) Because of what it would do to his wife and family.
(c) Because his family would not collect the life insurance.
(d) Because the farm has been in his family for generations.
3. How old is the child when he dies?
4. How does the narrator describe Jack's mother before the accident?
(a) A glum woman who always expected the worst.
(b) A cheerful woman who laughed and loved telling stories.
(c) A happy woman who was shy and retiring.
(d) A sad woman who had suffered greatly in her life.
5. In the opening of the story, who dies in April?
(a) John Hawthorne.
(b) David Hawthorne.
(c) Dale Hawthorne.
(d) Daniel Hawthorne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What musical instrument does Jack's mother force on him?
2. What does one of Betty's friends say to her about Jack?
3. What is the victim riding when he falls off and is run over?
4. What kind of motorcycle does Jack's father have?
5. How does Jack's mother deal with her grief outwardly?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)