|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of man is Jack's father?
(a) A cruel and hateful man.
(b) A kind and stupid man.
(c) A sensitive, intelligent dreamer.
(d) A silly and impetuous man.
2. What does Jack do while waiting for the cows to finish eating?
(a) He screams at the cows to hurry.
(b) He cries in the hay.
(c) He takes a nap.
(d) He listens to them chew.
3. What is it that makes Jack crazy once his good feelings wear off?
(a) The amount of work to do on the farm.
(b) The fact that his father is gone.
(c) The stupidity of the cows.
(d) The lack of rain.
4. Who takes Yegudkin and his wife away from their home?
(a) The Nazis.
(b) The Army of the United States.
(c) The Polish National Army.
(d) The Bolsheviks.
5. What poems does Jack's father recite in public now that he has returned home?
(a) "I Lean on the Lord" and "Why Must This Be?"
(b) "Bridge to Madison County" and "My Way."
(c) "Tomorrow's Bridge" and "This Too Will Pass."
(d) "The Weight of the World" and "Sufferers Be Still."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does his family think about Jack's means of coping with his emotions?
2. Where does Yegudkin's wife sit while he teaches?
3. What does Jack to do avoid family togetherness since his father's return?
4. On what day are Jack's music lessons?
5. In the opening of the story, who dies in April?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)