|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wendi eventually pass her hormone prescriptions on to Mock?
2. In Chapter 8, what does Wendi call Mock when she first meets her?
3. Where does Mock really want to go to college?
4. How much money would Mock generally make during a weekend on Merchant street?
5. Where do Mock and Wendi go for late-night food after Merchant Street?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Mock's family life when her mother's old flame, Rick, moves in with the family in Chapter 9?
2. What are Wendi's first words to Mock in Chapter 8 and what do they signify?
3. Who does Mock meet in Chapter 13 that spurs her to start researching and saving for her gender reassignment surgery?
4. In Chapter 12, who is the person Mock realizes helps keep her mother Elizabeth afloat, and in what ways?
5. What changes start happening in Mock's mother after Rick's arrest in Chapter 13?
6. Why does Mock and her family move to a motel for a time in Chapter 12?
7. What problem does Mock almost immediately have with Rick after he moves in in Chapter 9?
8. In Chapter 9, what do Mock and Wendi do that boosts Mock's confidence in her own body?
9. How does Mock feel when Wendi drops out of school by the end of their junior year?
10. How does Mock start to think about her body in different ways after entering into the world of paid sex work in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Mock sometimes find it difficult to work in an advocacy role with some LGBTQ groups? In what ways does she feel they do not serve transgender peoples' best interests? Write an essay explaining your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay detailing how, when and why Mock's idolization of her mother began to change after she and Chad moved back in with her mother in Hawaii in 1995.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay detailing how and why Mock's connection and relationship with Aaron seems different to her than any previous relationship she has ever been in.
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)