|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mock's first example of so-called normal parent-child relationships?
(a) When she moved to New York City for college in her early twenties.
(b) When she saw how her grandmother and mother interacted.
(c) When she saw Marilyn with her mother.
(d) When she moved back to Hawaii to be with her mother in 1995.
2. What is the name of Mock's father's mistress in Chapter 1?
3. How does Mock's father act when he drops them off at the airport to go live with their mother at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He is very sad, with tears in his eyes.
(d) He is high on drugs so he does not drop them off at the airport.
4. What job does Mock's father have in Chapter 1?
(a) He is a Marine.
(b) He is an engineer in the Air Force.
(c) He is a boiler technician in the Navy.
(d) He is an Army cadet.
5. What does Mock's father ask her in desperation in Chapter 6?
(a) Whether she is gay.
(b) Whether she loves him or not.
(c) Whether she is a prostitute.
(d) Whether she wants to live with her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does one of Mock's happiest memories with her father take place?
2. Where do Mock and her date go after they meet at the bar in the section titled New York 2009?
3. Which magazine published Mock's personal story in 2011?
4. What does the man she is dating tell Mock he is afraid of in the section titled New York 2009?
5. Where do Mock, Chad, and their father go when they leave Oakland in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the introduction, why does Mock say she wrote this book?
2. In Chapter 4, what serious problem does Mock's father struggle with?
3. In the section titled New York 2009, why does Mock decide not to tell Aaron that she is a transgender woman on their first date?
4. Why does Mock get upset over the burning of the cake in Chapter 5?
5. What does Mock believe, as an adult, are some of the consequences of Derek's sexual abuse of her?
6. In Chapter 4, what does Mock still think of as one of the top five moments in her life?
7. Where do Mock's parents send her in 1989 and why do they do this?
8. When does it finally hit Mock as a child that her father is addicted to drugs?
9. What are Mock's memories of her Grandma Shellie from Texas?
10. In Chapter 5, what terrible event prompts Mock, her father, and her brother Chad to move to Texas?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)