|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mock's father's mistress in Chapter 1?
2. What does Mock say she wants to be when she grows up in Chapter 2?
(a) A doctor.
(b) An actress.
(c) A secretary.
(d) An engineer.
3. What game involving a football does Mock's father force her to play in Chapter 5?
(a) Smear the Queer.
(b) Light the Fluke.
(c) Catch the Squirrel.
(d) Flag Football.
4. Where do Mock, Chad, and their father go when they leave Oakland in Chapter 5?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
5. In Chapter 4, what do Mock and Chad see their father doing that upsets them?
(a) Smoking a pipe with Crack.
(b) Robbing a bank.
(c) Writing a love letter.
6. In Chapter 7, which area of Hawaii does Mock move to in a rented house with her mother and Chad?
7. Where do Mock and Chad live with their father in Chapter 4?
(b) Los Angeles.
8. From which author does Mock choose to begin her book with?
(a) Toni Morrison.
(b) bell hooks.
(c) James Baldwin.
(d) Zora Neale Hurston.
9. What is the last thing Mock remembers about the yellow house on the hill in Chapter 5?
(a) The heavy drapes.
(b) The streetlamps.
(c) The red door.
(d) Janine waving good-bye.
10. Who does Mock miss the most in Chapter 2?
(a) Her sister Cori.
(b) Her Grandma Pearl.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her best friend Marilyn.
11. What kind of drink is Mock drinking the night she meets the man she will go on a series of dates with in the section titled New York 2009?
12. In Chapter 2, how does Mock learn to ride a bike without training wheels?
(a) When she takes them off herself and rides on the highway.
(b) When her brother pushes her down a slope without warning her.
(c) When her father forces her to go down a steep hill in California.
(d) When the kids at school make fun of her for being so old and still using training wheels.
13. Who is Mock's father's girlfriend's son in Chapter 2?
14. Which brother is Mock closest to in age?
15. What was Mock's first example of so-called normal parent-child relationships?
(a) When she moved to New York City for college in her early twenties.
(b) When she saw Marilyn with her mother.
(c) When she moved back to Hawaii to be with her mother in 1995.
(d) When she saw how her grandmother and mother interacted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mock and the man she is dating go for a second date in the section titled New York 2009?
2. What does Chad do to Mock in the end of Chapter 2?
3. When do Chad and Mock move back to Hawaii to be with their mother?
4. Who was Mock's closest friend in Chapter 4?
5. Where was Mock born?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)