|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III (Chapters 8 - 11).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What medical step does Wendi take in Chapter 8 as her process of transitioning to a different gender?
(a) Having intensive therapy.
(b) Taking female hormones.
(c) Having plastic surgery.
(d) Having gender reassignment surgery.
2. Why does Wendi eventually pass her hormone prescriptions on to Mock?
(a) She starts getting injections of hormones so she does not need them any more.
(b) She decides to stop her medical treatments.
(c) She thinks they are too expensive.
(d) She needs the money Mock pays her for them.
3. How old is Mock when Derek begins abusing her?
4. What author does Mock quote in the beginning of Part One?
(a) James Baldwin.
(b) Toni Morrison.
(c) Zadie Smith.
(d) Langston Hughes.
5. How does Mock recall feeling as she assembled her furniture in New York City as a graduate student?
(a) Very lonely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mock transfer to school as Chapter 8 draws to a close?
2. What does Jamie compliment Mock on in the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. Who is Denise's daughter in Chapter 5 that Mock admires for her femininity?
4. How do Mock and her father and brother get to their new destination when they leave Oakland in Chapter 5?
5. What does Mock suspect her mother of doing in Chapter 11?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)