|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV (Chapters 12 - 15).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what happens to Elizabeth Mock's car?
(a) It is totaled in an accident.
(b) It is towed because she can not make the payments.
(c) It is vandalized.
(d) It is stolen.
2. Who does Wendi live with?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her grandparents.
(d) Her mother.
3. What sport does Chad play in Chapter 12?
4. Which uncle of Mock's played football at Farrington High School?
(a) Uncle Toma.
(b) Uncle Phil.
(c) Uncle Ricky.
(d) Uncle Baynard.
5. From which author does Mock begin Part Three of the book with a quote from?
(a) Toni Morrison.
(b) bell hooks.
(c) Henry Wordsworth.
(d) Gloria Anzaldua.
Short Answer Questions
1. What poet does Mock admire and quote in Chapter 12?
2. How do Mock and Chad attempt to assimilate more quickly back into Hawaiian culture?
3. In Chapter 15, what is one rule Mock never breaks on Merchant Street?
4. Who was Mock's closest friend in Chapter 4?
5. Who do Mock, Chad, and Jeff live with briefly after Rick is out of the picture?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)