|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days was Angel delirious at Michael's cabin before she awakened?
(a) One and a half days.
(b) Three days.
(c) One week.
(d) Two hours.
2. Remembering her childhood, why did Angel say she loved the rain?
(a) She'd have her mom to herself.
(b) She'd use the rainwater to wash her hair.
(c) She'd use ther tongue to catch the raindrops.
(d) She'd play in the puddles.
3. When Michael stops thinking of Angel as the prostitute he loved and who betrayed him, how does her see her?
(a) As the future mother of his children, worthy of his respect and love.
(b) As his new, young bride who needed his attention and affection.
(c) As a beautiful stranger, someone he could start a new life with.
(d) As the nameless child who had been broken and was still lost.
4. Why did Angel tell Michael she was staying at the brothel?
(a) She feels like it's home.
(b) She has nowhere to go.
(c) She needs the money.
(d) She likes it.
5. What did Michael call Angel that hurt her feelings?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michael asks Angel what she sees in the mirror, what is her reply?
2. Why did Michael decide to go back to Pair-a-Dice?
3. When Michael Hosea sees Angel for the first time, what does God tells him?
4. When Michael told Angel the biblical story of Hosea's wife, what did Angel think was NOT the cause of her returning to prostitution?
5. What does Angel compare herself to when talking to Miriam Altman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Angel and Michael are alone in Joseph Hochschild's store in Chapter 23?
2. In this first chapter of the book, readers meet the adult version of the pretty, innocent little girl of the prologue. What type of woman has Sarah, now known exclusively as Angel, become?
3. In Chapter 34, what does Angel do when she sees Michael for the first time in several years?
4. What effect does Elizabeth asking Angel to be her midwife have on Angel?
5. In Chapter 18 when Angel first begins to spend time with the Altman family, what does she think of them?
6. How is the timing of Michael and Ange's deaths significant?
7. In Chapter 22, does Angel's love for Michael change while she is away from him?
8. In Chapter 32, what is the conflict between newlyweds Miriam and Paul?
9. Up to this point, Michael has only used the name Angel when he is extremely angry with her. In Chapter 18 what name does Angel use to refer to herself? What is the significance?
10. By the end of Chapter 33, how has Angel's character evolved from the beginning of the book?
This section contains 1,258 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)