Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Angel get revenge on Michael for her stained hands?
(a) By breaking the window.
(b) By ruining his dinner.
(c) By refusing to do chores.
(d) By not talking to him.
2. What does Jacob Altman say that he would trade for a spoonful of plum jam?
(a) His right hand.
(b) Papa's watch.
(c) Gramma's ring.
(d) His sister's life.
3. What happens when Alex no longer wants Mae and turns her and Sarah away?
(a) Mae becomes a prostitute in New York.
(b) Mae becomes a cook for a local restaurant.
(c) Mae becomes a mail order bride.
(d) Mae becomes a housekeeper for a wealthy family.
4. What did Michael call Angel that hurt her feelings?
5. Why wasn't Paul happy for Michael when he heard of Michael's marriage?
(a) He was jealous.
(b) He wanted to be the first to marry.
(c) He thought that Michael was lying.
(d) He thought Michael should be a priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angel say when Michael asks her if he's gotten inside her heart?
2. Who introduced Michael to the Lord?
3. When Angel asks Michael, "What sort of name is Hosea?" what is his reply?
4. What members of the Altman family died on their way to Oregon?
5. What happened to Lucky and Mai Ling, Angel's co-workers, after Angel left Pair-a-Dice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Chapter Eight finds Angel slowly recovering physically under the quiet care of Michael Hosea. How is she doing emotionally? Why?
2. In Chapter 15, what is Michael's reaction to Angel's activities in Pair-a-Dice? What is Angel's response to this?
3. Explain the difference in how Michael sees Angel and how Paul sees her.
4. In Chapter 34, what does Angel do when she sees Michael for the first time in several years?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 13, Angel runs away the morning after she and Michael share the most intimate evening of her life. What is Michael's response to her planned departure, and what choice does he ask her to make?
6. In this first chapter of the book, readers meet the adult version of the pretty, innocent little girl of the prologue. What type of woman has Sarah, now known exclusively as Angel, become?
7. In Chapter Two, why does Michael Hosea believe he is going to marry Angel? What initially attracts him to her? Does he have any reservations about his future wife?
8. In Chapter 14 what is Paul's initial reaction to the news that Michael has a wife? What is his reaction to Angel?
9. In Chapter 27 as Elizabeth gives birth, what is Angel's emotional reaction?
10. In Chapter 17 Angel is unable to accept Michael's forgiveness, so how does she try to atone for her sins?
This section contains 1,456 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)