|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Angel tell the Altmans to try and keep them from wintering with the Hoseas?
(a) She says she met Michael in a brothel.
(b) She says the cabin is very small and food is limited.
(c) She says wild wolves have claimed a neighbor's child.
(d) She says that as newlyweds they require their privacy.
2. What did God say when Michael asked him for guidance about how to help Angel?
(a) "Turn the other cheek."
(b) "Lead them out of Egypt."
(c) "Tend my lamb."
(d) "Feed my sheep."
3. Who helped Michael rescue Angel from the Palace?
4. Angel begins to like life in the little cabin. She feels comfortable and safe except for one thing. What is it?
(a) The unpredictable weather.
(b) Her memories of the Palace.
(c) Michael Hosea.
(d) The difficult chores.
5. When Angel asks Michael, "What sort of name is Hosea?" what is his reply?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angel compare herself to when talking to Miriam Altman?
2. Why did Angel want her gold from the Duchess?
3. Why did Angel scrub her skin raw in the stream?
4. How did Angel pay Paul for the ride to Pair-a-Dice?
5. What does Jacob Altman say that he would trade for a spoonful of plum jam?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the Altmans move into their own cabin, Michael thinks that Angel will be relieved that they are so close. Instead, what it Angel's reaction and why?
2. What foreshadowing takes place in Chapter 13?
3. In Chapter 14 what is Paul's initial reaction to the news that Michael has a wife? What is his reaction to Angel?
4. In Chapter Eleven, Angel has a nightmare. What is it about, and how does Michael try to comfort her?
5. In Chapter 15, what is Michael's reaction to Angel's activities in Pair-a-Dice? What is Angel's response to this?
6. In Chapter Two, why does Michael Hosea believe he is going to marry Angel? What initially attracts him to her? Does he have any reservations about his future wife?
7. Chapter Eight finds Angel slowly recovering physically under the quiet care of Michael Hosea. How is she doing emotionally? Why?
8. Explain the difference in how Michael sees Angel and how Paul sees her.
9. Up to this point, Michael has only used the name Angel when he is extremely angry with her. In Chapter 18 what name does Angel use to refer to herself? What is the significance?
10. In Chapter Twelve, Michael cannot explain to Angel what he wants from her emotionally, and what he wishes their physical relationship would be like. Since he can't tell her, what does he do to show her?
This section contains 1,573 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)