|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Miriam Altman say about Paul in Chapter 20?
(a) He's as beautiful as an angel with a halo to match.
(b) He's sweet as honey with fire in his eyes.
(c) He's handsome with dark, brooding eyes.
(d) He's as hateful as the devil and just as handsome.
2. What made Angel feel guilty when she returned to the cabin?
(a) Broken Window.
(c) Dirty floors.
3. What does Angel tells Michael that she knows all about?
4. How did Angel feel about the camaraderie between the Altmans?
(a) She was confused by it.
(b) She was captivated by it.
(c) She was amused by it.
(d) She was terrified by it.
5. By the beginning of the fourth chapter, how many times has Angel had said "no" to Michael's marriage proposal?
(a) Three times.
(c) Five times.
(d) Two times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Remembering her childhood, why did Angel say she loved the rain?
2. When Michael brought Angel back home from Pair-a-Dice, he left her alone in the cabin. Angel eventually went looking for Michael; where did she find him?
3. What happened the morning after Michael and Angel consummated their marriage?
4. In Chapter 19, whose rules does Angel say she wants to live by?
5. What does Angel say when Michael asks her if he's gotten inside her heart?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Two, why does Michael Hosea believe he is going to marry Angel? What initially attracts him to her? Does he have any reservations about his future wife?
2. Explain the difference in how Michael sees Angel and how Paul sees her.
3. At the beginning of Chapter Six, Michael has been back in the valley only a short time since leaving Pair-a-Dice and Angel. What is he experiencing emotionally and/or mentally?
4. In Chapter 16 when Michael is bringing Angel back to the cabin, what emotions does Angel experience? What happens after they arrive home?
5. When Angel wakes up in Michael's cabin, she asks him why he came back to Pair-a-Dice. What was his response and her reaction to it?
6. In Chapter Twelve, Angel and Michael have an argument and he is pleased with her anger. Why?
7. What foreshadowing takes place in Chapter 13?
8. When Angel arrives in Pair-a-Dice in Chapter 15, what does she discover about the Palace and it's former employees?
9. When the Altmans move into their own cabin, Michael thinks that Angel will be relieved that they are so close. Instead, what it Angel's reaction and why?
10. In Chapter Twelve, Michael cannot explain to Angel what he wants from her emotionally, and what he wishes their physical relationship would be like. Since he can't tell her, what does he do to show her?
This section contains 1,321 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)