|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Michael asks Angel what she sees in the mirror, what is her reply?
(a) "An actress."
(b) "My mother."
(c) "A stranger."
2. How many days was Angel delirious at Michael's cabin before she awakened?
(a) One week.
(b) One and a half days.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Three days.
3. When they were on their walk through the land at night, what was it that Michael wanted to show Angel?
(a) The stream.
(b) The family of deer.
(c) The sunrise.
(d) The view of the cabin below.
4. When Michael told Angel the biblical story of Hosea's wife, what did Angel think was NOT the cause of her returning to prostitution?
(a) Hosea had driven his wife half crazy like Michael had done to Angel.
(b) Hosea's wife had a Duchess of her own that owed her money.
(c) Hosea didn't give her enough money to buy what she wanted.
(d) Hosea's wife just wanted to be left alone.
5. When Angel returns to Pair-a-Dice, what happens to The Palace?
(a) It burns down.
(b) It has a new owner.
(c) It has a booming business.
(d) It is under construction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened the morning after Michael and Angel consummated their marriage?
2. Who did Michael say that Angel fell in love with instead of him?
3. Why didn't Mae want Sarah to thank Alex for the presents he'd left?
4. What feature in the cabin did Angel compare her life to?
5. Why did Angel want Michael to show her how to cook?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Michael takes Angel to Sacramento for the first time, how is Angel treated?
2. In Chapter 15, what is Michael's reaction to Angel's activities in Pair-a-Dice? What is Angel's response to this?
3. When Angel wakes up in Michael's cabin, she asks him why he came back to Pair-a-Dice. What was his response and her reaction to it?
4. In Chapter Twelve, Michael cannot explain to Angel what he wants from her emotionally, and what he wishes their physical relationship would be like. Since he can't tell her, what does he do to show her?
5. In Chapter Twelve, Angel and Michael have an argument and he is pleased with her anger. Why?
6. Chapter Nine further develops and explores Angel's insecurities. What is she insecure about?
7. When the Altmans move into their own cabin, Michael thinks that Angel will be relieved that they are so close. Instead, what it Angel's reaction and why?
8. In Chapter 17 Angel is unable to accept Michael's forgiveness, so how does she try to atone for her sins?
9. In Chapter 19 how does Angel's relationship with Michael begin to change?
10. Chapter Eight finds Angel slowly recovering physically under the quiet care of Michael Hosea. How is she doing emotionally? Why?
This section contains 1,374 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)