|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Angel get revenge on Michael for her stained hands?
(a) By refusing to do chores.
(b) By breaking the window.
(c) By ruining his dinner.
(d) By not talking to him.
2. When Angel returns to Pair-a-Dice, what happens to The Palace?
(a) It has a booming business.
(b) It is under construction.
(c) It has a new owner.
(d) It burns down.
3. When Angel thinks that everyone she draws close to leaves, what does she say is deadly?
4. When Michael brought Angel back home from Pair-a-Dice, he left her alone in the cabin. Angel eventually went looking for Michael; where did she find him?
(a) In the barn, crying.
(b) In the corral, working.
(c) In the stream, bathing.
(d) In the cabin, cooking.
5. Why does Michael leave Angel alone in the cabin?
(a) To give her time to think.
(b) In order to visit with the neighbors.
(c) Because he's afraid to be alone with her.
(d) So that she will do chores.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Alex no longer wants Mae and turns her and Sarah away?
2. What happened to Lucky and Mai Ling, Angel's co-workers, after Angel left Pair-a-Dice?
3. When Angel says she's a door a thousand men have walked through, what does Michael say she is?
4. Where was Michael's last stop before leaving Sacramento?
5. Who introduced Michael to the Lord?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what is Michael's reaction to Angel's activities in Pair-a-Dice? What is Angel's response to this?
2. How does Angels interactions with the Altmans evolve in Chapter 19?
3. Up to this point, Michael has only used the name Angel when he is extremely angry with her. In Chapter 18 what name does Angel use to refer to herself? What is the significance?
4. In Chapter Twelve, Michael cannot explain to Angel what he wants from her emotionally, and what he wishes their physical relationship would be like. Since he can't tell her, what does he do to show her?
5. In Chapter 17 Angel is unable to accept Michael's forgiveness, so how does she try to atone for her sins?
6. In Chapter 18 when Angel first begins to spend time with the Altman family, what does she think of them?
7. When the Altmans move into their own cabin, Michael thinks that Angel will be relieved that they are so close. Instead, what it Angel's reaction and why?
8. When Michael takes Angel to Sacramento for the first time, how is Angel treated?
9. Explain the difference in how Michael sees Angel and how Paul sees her.
10. In Chapter 14 what is Paul's initial reaction to the news that Michael has a wife? What is his reaction to Angel?
This section contains 1,356 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)