|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Angel jump off the wagon when Michael tried to take her home?
(a) She thought he was going to punish her.
(b) She didn't want to sit close to him.
(c) She didn't want to go back to the cabin.
(d) She was angry and wanted to walk.
2. When Michael brought Angel back home from Pair-a-Dice, he left her alone in the cabin. Angel eventually went looking for Michael; where did she find him?
(a) In the stream, bathing.
(b) In the barn, crying.
(c) In the corral, working.
(d) In the cabin, cooking.
3. After one night with Duke, how is Sarah changed?
(a) She believes everything she's ever heard about the cruelty of men.
(b) She feels that she can finally be a part of a family.
(c) She is confident that he can teach her to survive without her mom.
(d) She knows that she has found a man who'll love her forever.
4. What did Angel think was the great original sin?
(c) Love of money.
5. How is Paul related to Michael?
(a) He is Michael's cousin.
(b) He was married to Michael's sister.
(c) He is Michael's oldest brother.
(d) He was Michael's stepbrother.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michael Hosea sees Angel for the first time, what does God tells him?
2. What members of the Altman family died on their way to Oregon?
3. What happens when Alex no longer wants Mae and turns her and Sarah away?
4. How did Angel feel when she walked in the cabin after returning from Pair-a-Dice?
5. When Michael stops thinking of Angel as the prostitute he loved and who betrayed him, how does her see her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Chapter Eight finds Angel slowly recovering physically under the quiet care of Michael Hosea. How is she doing emotionally? Why?
2. As the Altmans' visit continues in Chapter 20, Michael becomes concerned with Angel's growing attachment to them. How does Michael try to remedy this?
3. In Chapter Twelve, Michael cannot explain to Angel what he wants from her emotionally, and what he wishes their physical relationship would be like. Since he can't tell her, what does he do to show her?
4. In Chapter Three, Angel's memory tells a tale of her first perilous encounter with Magowan. What happened?
5. In Chapter 16 when Michael is bringing Angel back to the cabin, what emotions does Angel experience? What happens after they arrive home?
6. In Chapter Eleven, Angel has a nightmare. What is it about, and how does Michael try to comfort her?
7. When the Altmans move into their own cabin, Michael thinks that Angel will be relieved that they are so close. Instead, what it Angel's reaction and why?
8. How does Angels interactions with the Altmans evolve in Chapter 19?
9. What foreshadowing takes place in Chapter 13?
10. In Chapter Two, why does Michael Hosea believe he is going to marry Angel? What initially attracts him to her? Does he have any reservations about his future wife?
This section contains 1,577 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)