|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Michael tells Angel that he knew the first time he saw her that he was going to marry her, what feature did Michael say he saw first?
(a) Her voluptuous curves.
(b) Her blonde, cornsilk hair.
(c) Her small, petite frame.
(d) Her young, stone-cold face.
2. What happens when Alex no longer wants Mae and turns her and Sarah away?
(a) Mae becomes a mail order bride.
(b) Mae becomes a housekeeper for a wealthy family.
(c) Mae becomes a cook for a local restaurant.
(d) Mae becomes a prostitute in New York.
3. What happened the morning after Michael and Angel consummated their marriage?
(a) They made a lavish breakfast.
(b) Angel refused to speak.
(c) They held hands under the sunset.
(d) Angel tried to run away.
4. What is the name of the prostitute who is Sarah's only friend?
(b) Mai Ling.
5. When Michael was telling Angel his plans for the land and the cabin, Angel said that he had enough work planned to last a long while. What was his reply?
(a) "It won't take too long."
(b) "It'll take us a lifetime."
(c) "It will keep us busy for a while."
(d) "We will do it together."
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Angel get revenge on Michael for her stained hands?
2. Why did Alex tell his lover Mae that he never wanted Sarah?
3. When Michael stops thinking of Angel as the prostitute he loved and who betrayed him, how does her see her?
4. Whose clothes did Michael give to Angel at the cabin?
5. By the beginning of the fourth chapter, how many times has Angel had said "no" to Michael's marriage proposal?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 17 Angel is unable to accept Michael's forgiveness, so how does she try to atone for her sins?
2. In Chapter Eleven, Angel has a nightmare. What is it about, and how does Michael try to comfort her?
3. In Chapter Twelve, Michael cannot explain to Angel what he wants from her emotionally, and what he wishes their physical relationship would be like. Since he can't tell her, what does he do to show her?
4. What foreshadowing takes place in Chapter 13?
5. As the Altmans' visit continues in Chapter 20, Michael becomes concerned with Angel's growing attachment to them. How does Michael try to remedy this?
6. When Michael takes Angel to Sacramento for the first time, how is Angel treated?
7. How does Angels interactions with the Altmans evolve in Chapter 19?
8. In Chapter 18 when Angel first begins to spend time with the Altman family, what does she think of them?
9. In this first chapter of the book, readers meet the adult version of the pretty, innocent little girl of the prologue. What type of woman has Sarah, now known exclusively as Angel, become?
10. In Chapter Three, Angel's memory tells a tale of her first perilous encounter with Magowan. What happened?
This section contains 1,411 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)