|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Angel thinks that everyone she draws close to leaves, what does she say is deadly?
2. Why wasn't Paul happy for Michael when he heard of Michael's marriage?
(a) He was jealous.
(b) He wanted to be the first to marry.
(c) He thought that Michael was lying.
(d) He thought Michael should be a priest.
3. What does Angel tell the Altmans to try and keep them from wintering with the Hoseas?
(a) She says the cabin is very small and food is limited.
(b) She says that as newlyweds they require their privacy.
(c) She says wild wolves have claimed a neighbor's child.
(d) She says she met Michael in a brothel.
4. How did Angel try to make up her betrayal to Michael?
(a) By going to church.
(b) With a gift.
(c) With a kiss.
(d) By labor.
5. Why did Angel scrub her skin raw in the stream?
(a) To clean off the filth of her betrayal.
(b) To assure herself she was capable of feeling.
(c) To exfoliate, revealing more youthful skin.
(d) To rid her skin of lice from Pair-a-Dice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Michael decide to go back to Pair-a-Dice?
2. Why did Angel say her father stopped loving her mother?
3. What does Michael tell the Joseph Hochschild he's going to do with his gold?
4. When Michael asks Angel what she sees in the mirror, what is her reply?
5. What is the major lesson Angel remembers learning from Duke?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 18 when Angel first begins to spend time with the Altman family, what does she think of them?
2. In Chapter Twelve, Angel and Michael have an argument and he is pleased with her anger. Why?
3. Explain the difference in how Michael sees Angel and how Paul sees her.
4. How does Angels interactions with the Altmans evolve in Chapter 19?
5. When Angel wakes up in Michael's cabin, she asks him why he came back to Pair-a-Dice. What was his response and her reaction to it?
6. In Chapter 19 how does Angel's relationship with Michael begin to change?
7. In Chapter 16 when Michael is bringing Angel back to the cabin, what emotions does Angel experience? What happens after they arrive home?
8. When the Altmans move into their own cabin, Michael thinks that Angel will be relieved that they are so close. Instead, what it Angel's reaction and why?
9. At the beginning of Chapter Six, Michael has been back in the valley only a short time since leaving Pair-a-Dice and Angel. What is he experiencing emotionally and/or mentally?
10. At the beginning of Chapter 13, Angel runs away the morning after she and Michael share the most intimate evening of her life. What is Michael's response to her planned departure, and what choice does he ask her to make?
This section contains 1,260 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)