|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Michael call Angel that hurt her feelings?
2. What did John Altman talk about like it was heaven?
(a) The valley.
3. What is the major lesson Angel remembers learning from Duke?
(a) To grow old gracefully.
(b) To hide her money.
(c) To pretend.
(d) To look beautiful.
4. When Paul asks Michael the name of his new bride, what name does Michael give him?
5. What happened when Angel came in from her ordeal in the rain?
(a) Michael yelled at her for being foolish.
(b) Michael washed her hands and feet.
(c) Angel tracked mud all over the cabin.
(d) Michael made fun of her predicament.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sarah really sent to the coast with Cleo?
2. When Angel returns to Pair-a-Dice, what happens to The Palace?
3. In Chapter 19, whose rules does Angel say she wants to live by?
4. When Michael Hosea sees Angel for the first time, what does God tells him?
5. By the beginning of the fourth chapter, how many times has Angel had said "no" to Michael's marriage proposal?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 13, Angel runs away the morning after she and Michael share the most intimate evening of her life. What is Michael's response to her planned departure, and what choice does he ask her to make?
2. In this first chapter of the book, readers meet the adult version of the pretty, innocent little girl of the prologue. What type of woman has Sarah, now known exclusively as Angel, become?
3. Explain the difference in how Michael sees Angel and how Paul sees her.
4. In Chapter 19 how does Angel's relationship with Michael begin to change?
5. In Chapter 15, what is Michael's reaction to Angel's activities in Pair-a-Dice? What is Angel's response to this?
6. Chapter Nine further develops and explores Angel's insecurities. What is she insecure about?
7. When Michael takes Angel to Sacramento for the first time, how is Angel treated?
8. At the beginning of Chapter Six, Michael has been back in the valley only a short time since leaving Pair-a-Dice and Angel. What is he experiencing emotionally and/or mentally?
9. Chapter Eight finds Angel slowly recovering physically under the quiet care of Michael Hosea. How is she doing emotionally? Why?
10. In Chapter Twelve, Angel and Michael have an argument and he is pleased with her anger. Why?
This section contains 1,294 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)