|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Paul want Michael to do about his marriage to Angel?
(a) Stay until he tires of her.
(b) Get it annulled.
(c) Get divorced.
(d) Make it work.
2. When Mae dies, what does Rab do to try to help Sarah?
(a) He asks a trusted friend to take Sarah in as a daughter.
(b) He does his best to be a wonderful father to Sarah.
(c) He takes Sarah to a man he believes wants to adopt her.
(d) He sells his possessions to provide for Sarah's education.
3. How did Angel feel about the camaraderie between the Altmans?
(a) She was amused by it.
(b) She was confused by it.
(c) She was captivated by it.
(d) She was terrified by it.
4. What happened the morning after Michael and Angel consummated their marriage?
(a) Angel refused to speak.
(b) Angel tried to run away.
(c) They held hands under the sunset.
(d) They made a lavish breakfast.
5. What two subjects was Lucky never allowed to talk about with Angel?
(a) Politics and Religion.
(b) Marriage and Children.
(c) Men and God.
(d) Sex and Love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Angel want her gold from the Duchess?
2. When Michael and Angel are married, what does she say instead of "yes"?
3. Why does Angel mentally tabulate how much time and money Michael has spent on nursing her back to health and training her for independence?
4. What does Miriam Altman say about dogs and children?
5. When Angel tells Michael, "You and God better not expect much," he replies ...
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 17 Angel is unable to accept Michael's forgiveness, so how does she try to atone for her sins?
2. When Angel wakes up in Michael's cabin, she asks him why he came back to Pair-a-Dice. What was his response and her reaction to it?
3. In Chapter Twelve, Angel and Michael have an argument and he is pleased with her anger. Why?
4. Up to this point, Michael has only used the name Angel when he is extremely angry with her. In Chapter 18 what name does Angel use to refer to herself? What is the significance?
5. In the prologue, Sarah meets her father, Alex Stafford, for the first time. What was his reaction to the introduction, and why did he react that way?
6. Chapter Nine further develops and explores Angel's insecurities. What is she insecure about?
7. What foreshadowing takes place in Chapter 13?
8. In Chapter Two, why does Michael Hosea believe he is going to marry Angel? What initially attracts him to her? Does he have any reservations about his future wife?
9. In Chapter 15, what is Michael's reaction to Angel's activities in Pair-a-Dice? What is Angel's response to this?
10. As the Altmans' visit continues in Chapter 20, Michael becomes concerned with Angel's growing attachment to them. How does Michael try to remedy this?
This section contains 1,347 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)