|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Lucky and Mai Ling, Angel's co-workers, after Angel left Pair-a-Dice?
(a) They were killed.
(b) They started their own business.
(c) They moved away.
(d) They worked for another brothel.
2. What did Paul want Michael to do about his marriage to Angel?
(a) Get divorced.
(b) Get it annulled.
(c) Stay until he tires of her.
(d) Make it work.
3. When Angel returns to Pair-a-Dice, what happens to The Palace?
(a) It has a booming business.
(b) It burns down.
(c) It has a new owner.
(d) It is under construction.
4. What is the name of the prostitute who is Sarah's only friend?
(d) Mai Ling.
5. When Angel asks Michael, "What sort of name is Hosea?" what is his reply?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Paul related to Michael?
2. Who introduced Michael to the Lord?
3. How did Angel try to make up her betrayal to Michael?
4. What happened to Magowan after Angel left Pair-a-Dice?
5. How did Angel pay Paul for the ride to Pair-a-Dice?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 18 when Angel first begins to spend time with the Altman family, what does she think of them?
2. In Chapter 29 when Angel goes to San Francisco, how does God intervene to help her stay away from prostitution?
3. Readers find in Chapter Four that Michael has made numerous visits to Angel's room in attempt to make her his bride. She repeatedly refuses. How do Angel's coworkers feel about this? What is Angel's reaction?
4. In Chapter Eleven, Angel has a nightmare. What is it about, and how does Michael try to comfort her?
5. In Chapter 22, does Angel's love for Michael change while she is away from him?
6. In Chapter 27 as Elizabeth gives birth, what is Angel's emotional reaction?
7. In the prologue, Sarah meets her father, Alex Stafford, for the first time. What was his reaction to the introduction, and why did he react that way?
8. At the beginning of Chapter 13, Angel runs away the morning after she and Michael share the most intimate evening of her life. What is Michael's response to her planned departure, and what choice does he ask her to make?
9. When the Altmans move into their own cabin, Michael thinks that Angel will be relieved that they are so close. Instead, what it Angel's reaction and why?
10. Chapter Eight finds Angel slowly recovering physically under the quiet care of Michael Hosea. How is she doing emotionally? Why?
This section contains 1,347 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)