|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened the morning after Michael and Angel consummated their marriage?
(a) They made a lavish breakfast.
(b) Angel tried to run away.
(c) Angel refused to speak.
(d) They held hands under the sunset.
2. What did God say when Michael asked him for guidance about how to help Angel?
(a) "Lead them out of Egypt."
(b) "Feed my sheep."
(c) "Tend my lamb."
(d) "Turn the other cheek."
3. How did Michael get Angel out the Silver Dollar after she ran away from the Valley?
(a) He snuck them out.
(b) He bribed their way out.
(c) He kidnapped her.
(d) He fought their way out.
4. When Mae dies, what does Rab do to try to help Sarah?
(a) He sells his possessions to provide for Sarah's education.
(b) He does his best to be a wonderful father to Sarah.
(c) He takes Sarah to a man he believes wants to adopt her.
(d) He asks a trusted friend to take Sarah in as a daughter.
5. Why did Angel jump off the wagon when Michael tried to take her home?
(a) She didn't want to sit close to him.
(b) She didn't want to go back to the cabin.
(c) She thought he was going to punish her.
(d) She was angry and wanted to walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Angel try to make up her betrayal to Michael?
2. What did John Altman talk about like it was heaven?
3. What did Angel think was the great original sin?
4. Where was Paul before he came back to the valley?
5. Why did Alex tell his lover Mae that he never wanted Sarah?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the Altmans move into their own cabin, Michael thinks that Angel will be relieved that they are so close. Instead, what it Angel's reaction and why?
2. In Chapter 15, what is Michael's reaction to Angel's activities in Pair-a-Dice? What is Angel's response to this?
3. In Chapter 16 when Michael is bringing Angel back to the cabin, what emotions does Angel experience? What happens after they arrive home?
4. Up to this point, Michael has only used the name Angel when he is extremely angry with her. In Chapter 18 what name does Angel use to refer to herself? What is the significance?
5. In Chapter Twelve, Angel and Michael have an argument and he is pleased with her anger. Why?
6. Readers find in Chapter Four that Michael has made numerous visits to Angel's room in attempt to make her his bride. She repeatedly refuses. How do Angel's coworkers feel about this? What is Angel's reaction?
7. Chapter Eight finds Angel slowly recovering physically under the quiet care of Michael Hosea. How is she doing emotionally? Why?
8. At the beginning of Chapter Six, Michael has been back in the valley only a short time since leaving Pair-a-Dice and Angel. What is he experiencing emotionally and/or mentally?
9. In the prologue, Sarah meets her father, Alex Stafford, for the first time. What was his reaction to the introduction, and why did he react that way?
10. Concerning the relationship between Angel and Michael, what foreshadowing appears in Chapter Ten?
This section contains 1,439 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)