|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Michael went to Sacramento, who did he take with him?
(c) A stranger.
(d) The Duchess.
2. When Angel tells Michael to call her whatever he wants, what does he name her?
(a) Mara, meaning bitter.
(b) Sarah, meaning princess.
(c) Blythe, meaning joyous.
(d) Tristyn, meaning sad.
3. Who did Michael say that Angel fell in love with instead of him?
(b) The valley.
(c) The Altmans.
4. When Paul asks Michael the name of his new bride, what name does Michael give him?
5. What did Michael call Angel that hurt her feelings?
Short Answer Questions
1. After one night with Duke, how is Sarah changed?
2. When Angel returns to Pair-a-Dice, what happens to The Palace?
3. When Paul sees Angel, he thinks she's beautiful and dangerous. What biblical character does he not compare her to?
4. In Chapter 19, whose rules does Angel say she wants to live by?
5. When Michael tells Angel that he knew the first time he saw her that he was going to marry her, what feature did Michael say he saw first?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Angel tell Michael about her past in Chapter 16? Why is this significant?
2. In Chapter Twelve, Michael cannot explain to Angel what he wants from her emotionally, and what he wishes their physical relationship would be like. Since he can't tell her, what does he do to show her?
3. In Chapter 15, what is Michael's reaction to Angel's activities in Pair-a-Dice? What is Angel's response to this?
4. Readers find in Chapter Four that Michael has made numerous visits to Angel's room in attempt to make her his bride. She repeatedly refuses. How do Angel's coworkers feel about this? What is Angel's reaction?
5. In Chapter 14 what is Paul's initial reaction to the news that Michael has a wife? What is his reaction to Angel?
6. When Duke drags Angel away from the cafe and takes her to his home, what does Angel do that seems to put Duke on edge?
7. In Chapter 34, what does Angel do when she sees Michael for the first time in several years?
8. When Angel wakes up in Michael's cabin, she asks him why he came back to Pair-a-Dice. What was his response and her reaction to it?
9. Why does Angel continue to make yearly visits to the House of Magdalena?
10. In San Francisco, Duke gives Angel a choice. She can either go back to her old role as prostitute, or she can become the manager of the girls. Which does she choose and why?
This section contains 1,455 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)