|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Angel says she's a door a thousand men have walked through, what does Michael say she is?
(a) A frozen lake, waiting for a spring thaw.
(b) A stone wall, four feet thick and a hundred feet high.
(c) A locked trunk, full of dark secrets.
(d) A window with pretty curtains, open for all to see.
2. How is Paul related to Michael?
(a) He is Michael's cousin.
(b) He is Michael's oldest brother.
(c) He was married to Michael's sister.
(d) He was Michael's stepbrother.
3. Why did Angel jump off the wagon when Michael tried to take her home?
(a) She was angry and wanted to walk.
(b) She didn't want to go back to the cabin.
(c) She thought he was going to punish her.
(d) She didn't want to sit close to him.
4. What did Angel do when she wanted to leave and Michael asked if they could talk it over?
(a) She walked away.
(b) She slapped him in the face.
(c) She started to cry uncontrollably.
(d) She began to laugh in his face.
5. When Paul sees Angel, he thinks she's beautiful and dangerous. What biblical character does he not compare her to?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michael brought Angel back home from Pair-a-Dice, he left her alone in the cabin. Angel eventually went looking for Michael; where did she find him?
2. When Angel thinks that everyone she draws close to leaves, what does she say is deadly?
3. When Michael was telling Angel his plans for the land and the cabin, Angel said that he had enough work planned to last a long while. What was his reply?
4. Who introduced Michael to the Lord?
5. How many days was Angel delirious at Michael's cabin before she awakened?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the prologue, Sarah meets her father, Alex Stafford, for the first time. What was his reaction to the introduction, and why did he react that way?
2. What foreshadowing takes place in Chapter 13?
3. Explain the difference in how Michael sees Angel and how Paul sees her.
4. In Chapter 16 when Michael is bringing Angel back to the cabin, what emotions does Angel experience? What happens after they arrive home?
5. Concerning the relationship between Angel and Michael, what foreshadowing appears in Chapter Ten?
6. When the Altmans move into their own cabin, Michael thinks that Angel will be relieved that they are so close. Instead, what it Angel's reaction and why?
7. Up to this point, Michael has only used the name Angel when he is extremely angry with her. In Chapter 18 what name does Angel use to refer to herself? What is the significance?
8. In Chapter Three, Angel's memory tells a tale of her first perilous encounter with Magowan. What happened?
9. Chapter Eight finds Angel slowly recovering physically under the quiet care of Michael Hosea. How is she doing emotionally? Why?
10. As the Altmans' visit continues in Chapter 20, Michael becomes concerned with Angel's growing attachment to them. How does Michael try to remedy this?
This section contains 1,394 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)