|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they were on their walk through the land at night, what was it that Michael wanted to show Angel?
(a) The stream.
(b) The view of the cabin below.
(c) The family of deer.
(d) The sunrise.
2. What does Angel tell the Altmans to try and keep them from wintering with the Hoseas?
(a) She says she met Michael in a brothel.
(b) She says that as newlyweds they require their privacy.
(c) She says the cabin is very small and food is limited.
(d) She says wild wolves have claimed a neighbor's child.
3. Who helped Michael rescue Angel from the Palace?
4. Why did Angel want her gold from the Duchess?
(a) She wanted to invest it in a piece of jewelry.
(b) She wanted to open her very own brothel.
(c) She wanted to hide it in a safe place.
(d) She wanted to buy a little house of her own.
5. What does Angel say when Michael asks her if he's gotten inside her heart?
(a) "Like a knife wound."
(b) "You and five other men."
(c) "A little."
Short Answer Questions
1. After her first week on her feet, why did Angel finally come out of the cabin?
2. What did Angel do when she wanted to leave and Michael asked if they could talk it over?
3. What did John Altman talk about like it was heaven?
4. Angel begins to like life in the little cabin. She feels comfortable and safe except for one thing. What is it?
5. Why did Alex tell his lover Mae that he never wanted Sarah?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the difference in how Michael sees Angel and how Paul sees her.
2. In Chapter Two, why does Michael Hosea believe he is going to marry Angel? What initially attracts him to her? Does he have any reservations about his future wife?
3. In Chapter 19 how does Angel's relationship with Michael begin to change?
4. Chapter Nine further develops and explores Angel's insecurities. What is she insecure about?
5. When Michael leaves Angel at the brothel, Angel doesn't believe that he will ever return. At this point in the book, how does Angel feel about life in general?
6. In the prologue, Sarah meets her father, Alex Stafford, for the first time. What was his reaction to the introduction, and why did he react that way?
7. What does Angel tell Michael about her past in Chapter 16? Why is this significant?
8. In Chapter 15, what is Michael's reaction to Angel's activities in Pair-a-Dice? What is Angel's response to this?
9. In Chapter 14 what is Paul's initial reaction to the news that Michael has a wife? What is his reaction to Angel?
10. Concerning the relationship between Angel and Michael, what foreshadowing appears in Chapter Ten?
This section contains 1,605 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)