|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirty-four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Angel thought her mother's grief was great; what emotion did Angel say was greater?
2. "Like a beacon in the darkness," where did Angel go to when she arrived in Sacramento?
(a) Hochschild's General Mercantile.
(b) Last Chance Livery.
(c) The Lucky Dollar Saloon.
(d) The local brothel.
3. What was Michael's reply when Angel asks him if he ever thought God was playing some horrible joke on him?
(d) What are you talking about?
4. When Angel tells Michael to call her whatever he wants, what does he name her?
(a) Sarah, meaning princess.
(b) Tristyn, meaning sad.
(c) Mara, meaning bitter.
(d) Blythe, meaning joyous.
5. When Angel returns to Pair-a-Dice, what happens to The Palace?
(a) It is under construction.
(b) It has a booming business.
(c) It burns down.
(d) It has a new owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael tell the Joseph Hochschild he's going to do with his gold?
2. Angel begins to like life in the little cabin. She feels comfortable and safe except for one thing. What is it?
3. Where was Paul before he came back to the valley?
4. Who tutored Angel?
5. What was the one gift Angel could give Michael?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)