|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirty-four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did Angel give to Virgil Harper?
(a) Mrs. Hosea.
2. Who introduced Michael to the Lord?
(a) A slave named Ezra.
(b) A minister named John.
(c) His school teacher.
(d) His great-grandmother.
3. When they were on their walk through the land at night, what was it that Michael wanted to show Angel?
(a) The stream.
(b) The sunrise.
(c) The family of deer.
(d) The view of the cabin below.
4. When Michael stops thinking of Angel as the prostitute he loved and who betrayed him, how does her see her?
(a) As a beautiful stranger, someone he could start a new life with.
(b) As his new, young bride who needed his attention and affection.
(c) As the nameless child who had been broken and was still lost.
(d) As the future mother of his children, worthy of his respect and love.
5. Why didn't Angel want to fall in love?
(a) She didn't want to be a mother and housewife for the rest of her life.
(b) She wanted to be free to court with other men, never to settle down.
(c) Her greatest desire was to be left alone, to answer to no one.
(d) She thought it meant losing control of her emotions, will and life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Susana's God Box?
2. When Angel asks Michael, "What sort of name is Hosea?" what is his reply?
3. Duke told Angel, "love is a trap." What did he tell her to stick to instead?
4. What happened to Magowan after Angel left Pair-a-Dice?
5. What is the House of Magdalena?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)