|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirty-four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Angel wanted to leave the store, what excuse did Joseph tell Angel to keep her at work?
(a) Meribah hurt her back.
(b) There wouldn't be money to pay her until later.
(c) Michael was coming for the stove.
(d) That she had to prove she was worth the pay.
2. Why does Michael call Angel by a new name, Amanda?
(a) She asked him to call her that.
(b) He wanted to name her after his mother.
(c) He was tired of calling her Mara.
(d) He thought it sounded gentle and loving.
3. Why didn't Angel want to fall in love?
(a) She wanted to be free to court with other men, never to settle down.
(b) Her greatest desire was to be left alone, to answer to no one.
(c) She didn't want to be a mother and housewife for the rest of her life.
(d) She thought it meant losing control of her emotions, will and life.
4. What made the dark voice lose its power over Angel?
(a) God's voice.
(b) The Altman's example.
(c) Paul's change of heart.
(d) Michael's smile.
5. What did Angel do to feel ashamed after running away for the third time?
(a) Become a pick-pocket.
(b) Cook for strangers.
(c) Eat Duke's food.
(d) Return to prostitution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Angel leave Michael for the second time?
2. In Chapter 19, whose rules does Angel say she wants to live by?
3. What did Paul say to Miriam when he returned home in Chapter 34?
4. In Chapter 23, how does Angel describe the way love feels to her?
5. Why did Angel want Michael to show her how to cook?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)