|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirty-four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Paul's goal every time he saw Angel?
(a) He wished that Angel would talk to Miriam for him.
(b) He sought to erode Angel's confidence.
(c) He wanted to compliment Angel.
(d) He hoped that Angel would leave Michael for him.
2. What did Angel do when she wanted to leave and Michael asked if they could talk it over?
(a) She slapped him in the face.
(b) She walked away.
(c) She began to laugh in his face.
(d) She started to cry uncontrollably.
3. What did Angel take of Michael's to remind her of him?
(a) His hat.
(b) His gloves.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His Bible.
4. Why did Paul want to leave the valley?
(a) He wanted to return to mining.
(b) John made an offer to buy his land.
(c) He was in love with Miriam.
(d) Michael made an offer to buy his land.
5. After one night with Duke, how is Sarah changed?
(a) She believes everything she's ever heard about the cruelty of men.
(b) She knows that she has found a man who'll love her forever.
(c) She feels that she can finally be a part of a family.
(d) She is confident that he can teach her to survive without her mom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What task did Elizabeth ask of Angel?
2. Why did Michael ask Angel to pick up walnuts?
3. Where did Angel and Michael spend their last night together before she left for the third time?
4. In Chapter 29, when Angel lifted her head from washing her face in a trough, who was there?
5. How did Duke require his mistress to look?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)