|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirty-four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Miriam Altman say about Paul in Chapter 20?
(a) He's handsome with dark, brooding eyes.
(b) He's as beautiful as an angel with a halo to match.
(c) He's as hateful as the devil and just as handsome.
(d) He's sweet as honey with fire in his eyes.
2. When Michael showed Angel compassion after she returned to the cabin, she asks why. What was his response?
(a) "Because for some of us, one mile can be farther to walk than thirty."
(b) "Because you would do the same for me if I was in your shoes."
(c) "Because I have walked a mile in your shoes."
(d) "Because God told me to care for you and to nurture you."
3. Where was Paul before he came back to the valley?
(a) In the mountains, looking for God.
(b) On a fishing expedition in Alaska.
(c) In Pair-a-Dice working at a bar.
(d) On the Yuba, panning for gold.
4. What members of the Altman family died on their way to Oregon?
(a) A son and grandma.
(b) An aunt and uncle.
(c) A sister and family pet.
(d) Twin baby daughters.
5. What happens when Alex no longer wants Mae and turns her and Sarah away?
(a) Mae becomes a housekeeper for a wealthy family.
(b) Mae becomes a mail order bride.
(c) Mae becomes a cook for a local restaurant.
(d) Mae becomes a prostitute in New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Michael's reply when Angel asked if it bothered him when men stared at her?
2. What woke Angel from a dream about God?
3. Duke told Angel, "love is a trap." What did he tell her to stick to instead?
4. Why did Angel run away from Michael a second time?
5. What did Angel take of Michael's to remind her of him?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)