|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirty-four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the way back to the valley from Sacramento, why did Michael pull off the road?
(a) To fix the load which had shifted in the wagon.
(b) To have a picnic with his companion.
(c) To help a family whose wagon was broken down.
(d) To stretch out the trip home and delay his arrival.
2. Why did Michael decide to go back to Pair-a-Dice?
(a) He wanted to look up an old friend.
(b) He had decided to find a wife.
(c) He needed some supplies for winter.
(d) He had a bad dream about Angel.
3. What gift made Miriam furious when she received it?
(a) Michael's gift of a book.
(b) Paul's gift of candy.
(c) Her father's gift of a shovel.
(d) Her mother's gift of undergarments.
4. What name did Angel give to Virgil Harper?
(a) Mrs. Hosea.
5. Why did Angel want to speak to Michael alone when she returned home the third time?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, how does Angel describe the way love feels to her?
2. Why did Michael ask Angel to pick up walnuts?
3. What delicacy did Angel look forward to at Thanksgiving?
4. When Paul asks Michael the name of his new bride, what name does Michael give him?
5. Why did Angel want her gold from the Duchess?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)