|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael tell the Joseph Hochschild he's going to do with his gold?
(a) Use it to court Angel.
(b) Buy a house in town.
(c) Use it to invest in more land.
(d) Buy a couple head of cattle.
2. When Paul asks Michael the name of his new bride, what name does Michael give him?
3. Why did Michael decide to go back to Pair-a-Dice?
(a) He wanted to look up an old friend.
(b) He had decided to find a wife.
(c) He had a bad dream about Angel.
(d) He needed some supplies for winter.
4. Who did Michael say that Angel fell in love with instead of him?
(b) The Altmans.
(c) The valley.
5. In Chapter 19, whose rules does Angel say she wants to live by?
(a) "God's laws."
(b) "Yours, Michael."
(c) "My own."
(d) "The Golden Rule."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angel mentally tabulate how much time and money Michael has spent on nursing her back to health and training her for independence?
2. Why did Angel scrub her skin raw in the stream?
3. When Angel woke from a nightmare and Michael asked her what it was about, what was her reply?
4. Before he went hunting, what did Michael bring to the cabin for Angel to work on?
5. When Angel wanted to leave the store, what excuse did Joseph tell Angel to keep her at work?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)