|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Angel scrub her skin raw in the stream?
(a) To rid her skin of lice from Pair-a-Dice.
(b) To exfoliate, revealing more youthful skin.
(c) To assure herself she was capable of feeling.
(d) To clean off the filth of her betrayal.
2. When Michael went to Sacramento, who did he take with him?
(a) A stranger.
(b) The Duchess.
3. When Angel returns to Pair-a-Dice, what happens to The Palace?
(a) It burns down.
(b) It is under construction.
(c) It has a booming business.
(d) It has a new owner.
4. How did Angel get revenge on Michael for her stained hands?
(a) By not talking to him.
(b) By breaking the window.
(c) By ruining his dinner.
(d) By refusing to do chores.
5. What was in the pocket-sized packet that Miriam give to Michael for Angel?
(a) A poem about sisterhood.
(b) A scripture about love.
(c) A jeweled hair comb.
(d) Seeds for a flower garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Miriam quote "like gospel"?
2. What happens when Alex no longer wants Mae and turns her and Sarah away?
3. Why did Angel say her father stopped loving her mother?
4. Why did Angel jump off the wagon when Michael tried to take her home?
5. Who read the Christmas story at the Altman house?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)