|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacob Altman say that he would trade for a spoonful of plum jam?
(a) His sister's life.
(b) Papa's watch.
(c) His right hand.
(d) Gramma's ring.
2. How did Angel get revenge on Michael for her stained hands?
(a) By ruining his dinner.
(b) By not talking to him.
(c) By breaking the window.
(d) By refusing to do chores.
3. What was Paul's goal every time he saw Angel?
(a) He sought to erode Angel's confidence.
(b) He wanted to compliment Angel.
(c) He hoped that Angel would leave Michael for him.
(d) He wished that Angel would talk to Miriam for him.
4. What holiday was just days away from the birth of the Altman's baby?
(a) New Years.
(b) Angel's birthday.
(c) The first day of winter.
5. What did Angel do when she wanted to leave and Michael asked if they could talk it over?
(a) She started to cry uncontrollably.
(b) She slapped him in the face.
(c) She walked away.
(d) She began to laugh in his face.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 21, what did Angel think would stop the pain inside her and poison her relationship with Michael?
2. Why does Angel mentally tabulate how much time and money Michael has spent on nursing her back to health and training her for independence?
3. When Michael told Angel the biblical story of Hosea's wife, what did Angel think was NOT the cause of her returning to prostitution?
4. What task did Elizabeth ask of Angel?
5. Angel was anxious to leave the store to avoid Michael, who was coming for the stove. Who was waiting for Angel at the end of that particular working day?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)