|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Angel want Michael to find a husband for Miriam?
(b) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
2. When Michael asks Angel what she sees in the mirror, what is her reply?
(a) "A stranger."
(c) "An actress."
(d) "My mother."
3. Angel begins to like life in the little cabin. She feels comfortable and safe except for one thing. What is it?
(a) The difficult chores.
(b) The unpredictable weather.
(c) Michael Hosea.
(d) Her memories of the Palace.
4. Why didn't Angel want to fall in love?
(a) She wanted to be free to court with other men, never to settle down.
(b) She thought it meant losing control of her emotions, will and life.
(c) Her greatest desire was to be left alone, to answer to no one.
(d) She didn't want to be a mother and housewife for the rest of her life.
5. What did Miriam Altman say about Paul in Chapter 20?
(a) He's handsome with dark, brooding eyes.
(b) He's sweet as honey with fire in his eyes.
(c) He's as hateful as the devil and just as handsome.
(d) He's as beautiful as an angel with a halo to match.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Angel tell Michael on their way home from Sacramento in Chapter 23?
2. What did Miriam ask Michael a "man's opinion" about?
3. After one night with Duke, how is Sarah changed?
4. What does Angel tell the Altmans to try and keep them from wintering with the Hoseas?
5. After her first week on her feet, why did Angel finally come out of the cabin?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)