|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Angel was anxious to leave the store to avoid Michael, who was coming for the stove. Who was waiting for Angel at the end of that particular working day?
(a) The Duchess.
(c) Miriam Altman.
2. How does Angel feel about the Altmans doing chores?
(a) She feels useless.
(b) She feels free.
(c) She feels she does a better job.
(d) She feels it's owed her.
3. Why did Angel decide to leave Michael for the third time?
(a) She believed that he would eventually leave her for another.
(b) She wanted him to be with someone who could have children.
(c) She believed that he didn't really love her as he claimed.
(d) She wanted to finally be free and to live on her own.
4. What does Michael tell the Joseph Hochschild he's going to do with his gold?
(a) Use it to court Angel.
(b) Buy a house in town.
(c) Buy a couple head of cattle.
(d) Use it to invest in more land.
5. Who did Michael say that Angel fell in love with instead of him?
(a) The valley.
(c) The Altmans.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angel left for the third time, where did she find work?
2. What feature in the cabin did Angel compare her life to?
3. When Michael left the cabin after Angel told him all of her "sins," where did he go?
4. Why is Sarah really sent to the coast with Cleo?
5. When Michael Hosea sees Angel for the first time, what does God tells him?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)