|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Michael showed Angel compassion after she returned to the cabin, she asks why. What was his response?
(a) "Because God told me to care for you and to nurture you."
(b) "Because I have walked a mile in your shoes."
(c) "Because for some of us, one mile can be farther to walk than thirty."
(d) "Because you would do the same for me if I was in your shoes."
2. Why did Angel want her gold from the Duchess?
(a) She wanted to invest it in a piece of jewelry.
(b) She wanted to buy a little house of her own.
(c) She wanted to hide it in a safe place.
(d) She wanted to open her very own brothel.
3. Why wasn't Paul happy for Michael when he heard of Michael's marriage?
(a) He thought that Michael was lying.
(b) He was jealous.
(c) He wanted to be the first to marry.
(d) He thought Michael should be a priest.
4. When Angel woke from a nightmare and Michael asked her what it was about, what was her reply?
(a) "I can't remember."
(b) "I was your prisoner."
(c) "You don't want to know."
(d) "I was back at the brothel."
5. Why did Angel tell Michael she was staying at the brothel?
(a) She needs the money.
(b) She feels like it's home.
(c) She has nowhere to go.
(d) She likes it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Angel tell Michael on their way home from Sacramento in Chapter 23?
2. How did Angel get revenge on Michael for her stained hands?
3. How did Angel try to make up her betrayal to Michael?
4. What does Angel tell the Altmans to try and keep them from wintering with the Hoseas?
5. Why did Angel decide to leave Michael for the third time?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)