|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Angel woke from a nightmare and Michael asked her what it was about, what was her reply?
(a) "I was your prisoner."
(b) "I can't remember."
(c) "I was back at the brothel."
(d) "You don't want to know."
2. When Elizabeth was in labor, what chore did she want to finish before giving birth?
(a) Mending clothes.
(b) Washing dishes.
(c) Scrubbing the floor.
(d) Cleaning windows.
3. Why didn't Angel want to fall in love?
(a) She didn't want to be a mother and housewife for the rest of her life.
(b) She thought it meant losing control of her emotions, will and life.
(c) Her greatest desire was to be left alone, to answer to no one.
(d) She wanted to be free to court with other men, never to settle down.
4. What happens when Alex no longer wants Mae and turns her and Sarah away?
(a) Mae becomes a prostitute in New York.
(b) Mae becomes a mail order bride.
(c) Mae becomes a cook for a local restaurant.
(d) Mae becomes a housekeeper for a wealthy family.
5. When they were on their walk through the land at night, what was it that Michael wanted to show Angel?
(a) The family of deer.
(b) The view of the cabin below.
(c) The stream.
(d) The sunrise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift made Miriam furious when she received it?
2. In Chapter 26, what did Miriam say is a woman's reason for being?
3. What does Jacob Altman say that he would trade for a spoonful of plum jam?
4. Where was Paul before he came back to the valley?
5. Why did Michael ask Angel to pick up walnuts?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)