|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Miriam Altman say about Paul in Chapter 20?
(a) He's handsome with dark, brooding eyes.
(b) He's sweet as honey with fire in his eyes.
(c) He's as beautiful as an angel with a halo to match.
(d) He's as hateful as the devil and just as handsome.
2. When Michael brought Angel back home from Pair-a-Dice, he left her alone in the cabin. Angel eventually went looking for Michael; where did she find him?
(a) In the barn, crying.
(b) In the corral, working.
(c) In the cabin, cooking.
(d) In the stream, bathing.
3. On the way back to the valley from Sacramento, why did Michael pull off the road?
(a) To fix the load which had shifted in the wagon.
(b) To stretch out the trip home and delay his arrival.
(c) To help a family whose wagon was broken down.
(d) To have a picnic with his companion.
4. When Michael was telling Angel his plans for the land and the cabin, Angel said that he had enough work planned to last a long while. What was his reply?
(a) "It will keep us busy for a while."
(b) "It won't take too long."
(c) "It'll take us a lifetime."
(d) "We will do it together."
5. Why wasn't Paul happy for Michael when he heard of Michael's marriage?
(a) He thought Michael should be a priest.
(b) He thought that Michael was lying.
(c) He was jealous.
(d) He wanted to be the first to marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mae dies, what does Rab do to try to help Sarah?
2. Angel was anxious to leave the store to avoid Michael, who was coming for the stove. Who was waiting for Angel at the end of that particular working day?
3. What happened when Angel came in from her ordeal in the rain?
4. In Chapter 23, how does Angel describe the way love feels to her?
5. What made Angel feel guilty when she returned to the cabin?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)