|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Paul sees Angel, he thinks she's beautiful and dangerous. What biblical character does he not compare her to?
2. Why didn't Angel want to fall in love?
(a) She wanted to be free to court with other men, never to settle down.
(b) She thought it meant losing control of her emotions, will and life.
(c) Her greatest desire was to be left alone, to answer to no one.
(d) She didn't want to be a mother and housewife for the rest of her life.
3. When Angel returns to Pair-a-Dice, what happens to The Palace?
(a) It has a new owner.
(b) It has a booming business.
(c) It burns down.
(d) It is under construction.
4. When Angel wanted to leave the store, what excuse did Joseph tell Angel to keep her at work?
(a) That she had to prove she was worth the pay.
(b) Meribah hurt her back.
(c) Michael was coming for the stove.
(d) There wouldn't be money to pay her until later.
5. Why does Michael call Angel by a new name, Amanda?
(a) He wanted to name her after his mother.
(b) He thought it sounded gentle and loving.
(c) She asked him to call her that.
(d) He was tired of calling her Mara.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michael asks Angel what she sees in the mirror, what is her reply?
2. What was Paul's goal every time he saw Angel?
3. How did Michael get Angel out the Silver Dollar after she ran away from the Valley?
4. In Chapter 29, when Angel lifted her head from washing her face in a trough, who was there?
5. In Chapter 21, what did Angel think would stop the pain inside her and poison her relationship with Michael?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)