|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the way back to the valley from Sacramento, why did Michael pull off the road?
(a) To fix the load which had shifted in the wagon.
(b) To help a family whose wagon was broken down.
(c) To stretch out the trip home and delay his arrival.
(d) To have a picnic with his companion.
2. When Angel returns to Pair-a-Dice, what happens to The Palace?
(a) It is under construction.
(b) It has a booming business.
(c) It burns down.
(d) It has a new owner.
3. Why does Michael call Angel by a new name, Amanda?
(a) She asked him to call her that.
(b) He wanted to name her after his mother.
(c) He was tired of calling her Mara.
(d) He thought it sounded gentle and loving.
4. When Mae dies, what does Rab do to try to help Sarah?
(a) He does his best to be a wonderful father to Sarah.
(b) He takes Sarah to a man he believes wants to adopt her.
(c) He sells his possessions to provide for Sarah's education.
(d) He asks a trusted friend to take Sarah in as a daughter.
5. What does Miriam Altman say about dogs and children?
(a) They are a faithful and true companion.
(b) They always know when a storm is coming.
(c) They can always pick a tenderhearted person.
(d) They keep you warm at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Michael's last stop before leaving Sacramento?
2. How did Angel pay Paul for the ride to Pair-a-Dice?
3. What did Angel, Miriam, and Michael sing into at the end of Chapter 24?
4. Who did Michael say that Angel fell in love with instead of him?
5. Where was Paul before he came back to the valley?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)