|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Angel asks Michael, "What sort of name is Hosea?" what is his reply?
2. Why did Alex tell his lover Mae that he never wanted Sarah?
(a) He only wanted sons to carry on his legacy.
(b) He never believed he was Sarah's biological father.
(c) He had a legitimate family of his own.
(d) He did not want to be financially responsible for Sarah.
3. After one night with Duke, how is Sarah changed?
(a) She feels that she can finally be a part of a family.
(b) She believes everything she's ever heard about the cruelty of men.
(c) She knows that she has found a man who'll love her forever.
(d) She is confident that he can teach her to survive without her mom.
4. What does Michael tell Angel to listen to in order to help her rest at his cabin?
(a) A mocking bird outside the window.
(b) The babbling brook nearby.
(c) Him reading out of the Bible.
(d) The crackling of the fire.
5. Why is Sarah really sent to the coast with Cleo?
(a) So that Sarah could see the ocean for the first time.
(b) So that Sarah could visit her extended family.
(c) So that Cleo would have company on her journey.
(d) So that Sarah's father could visit her mother alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miriam Altman say about dogs and children?
2. After her first week on her feet, why did Angel finally come out of the cabin?
3. What members of the Altman family died on their way to Oregon?
4. Who did Michael tell Angel used to call him names?
5. What happens when Alex no longer wants Mae and turns her and Sarah away?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)