|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After one night with Duke, how is Sarah changed?
(a) She feels that she can finally be a part of a family.
(b) She is confident that he can teach her to survive without her mom.
(c) She believes everything she's ever heard about the cruelty of men.
(d) She knows that she has found a man who'll love her forever.
2. Why did Angel want her gold from the Duchess?
(a) She wanted to open her very own brothel.
(b) She wanted to buy a little house of her own.
(c) She wanted to hide it in a safe place.
(d) She wanted to invest it in a piece of jewelry.
3. When Michael Hosea sees Angel for the first time, what does God tells him?
(a) "Those without sin may cast the first stone."
(b) "For I know the plans I have for you..."
(c) "This one, beloved."
(d) "Take my yoke upon you."
4. What happens when Alex no longer wants Mae and turns her and Sarah away?
(a) Mae becomes a housekeeper for a wealthy family.
(b) Mae becomes a cook for a local restaurant.
(c) Mae becomes a mail order bride.
(d) Mae becomes a prostitute in New York.
5. When they were walking at night and Angel wanted to return to the cabin, Michael asked her what she was afraid of. What did she say it was?
(a) His all-seeing God.
(b) The dark.
(c) His presence.
(d) The wild animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michael and Angel are married, what does she say instead of "yes"?
2. Why did Angel want Michael to show her how to cook?
3. What happened to Magowan after Angel left Pair-a-Dice?
4. Who helped Michael rescue Angel from the Palace?
5. Remembering her childhood, why did Angel say she loved the rain?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)