|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Angel woke from a nightmare and Michael asked her what it was about, what was her reply?
(a) "I can't remember."
(b) "I was your prisoner."
(c) "You don't want to know."
(d) "I was back at the brothel."
2. After one night with Duke, how is Sarah changed?
(a) She feels that she can finally be a part of a family.
(b) She knows that she has found a man who'll love her forever.
(c) She believes everything she's ever heard about the cruelty of men.
(d) She is confident that he can teach her to survive without her mom.
3. Why did Angel want her gold from the Duchess?
(a) She wanted to hide it in a safe place.
(b) She wanted to open her very own brothel.
(c) She wanted to invest it in a piece of jewelry.
(d) She wanted to buy a little house of her own.
4. How did Angel feel when she walked in the cabin after returning from Pair-a-Dice?
(a) "I can do better."
(b) "It hasn't changed a bit."
(c) "I'm home."
(d) "Not this dump again."
5. What does Angel tell the Altmans to try and keep them from wintering with the Hoseas?
(a) She says the cabin is very small and food is limited.
(b) She says wild wolves have claimed a neighbor's child.
(c) She says that as newlyweds they require their privacy.
(d) She says she met Michael in a brothel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two subjects was Lucky never allowed to talk about with Angel?
2. What happened to Lucky and Mai Ling, Angel's co-workers, after Angel left Pair-a-Dice?
3. How did Angel try to make up her betrayal to Michael?
4. Why does Angel mentally tabulate how much time and money Michael has spent on nursing her back to health and training her for independence?
5. When Michael went to Sacramento, who did he take with him?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)