|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Angel say when Michael asks her if he's gotten inside her heart?
(a) "You and five other men."
(b) "A little."
(d) "Like a knife wound."
2. When Angel says she's a door a thousand men have walked through, what does Michael say she is?
(a) A locked trunk, full of dark secrets.
(b) A window with pretty curtains, open for all to see.
(c) A frozen lake, waiting for a spring thaw.
(d) A stone wall, four feet thick and a hundred feet high.
3. Why didn't Mae want Sarah to thank Alex for the presents he'd left?
(a) Mae knew Alex was embarrassed by any show of feminine emotion.
(b) Mae believed a formal thank you letter was more appropriate.
(c) They were never intended for Sarah; they were for Mae.
(d) They weren't gifts, but a bribe, to keep Sarah out of the way.
4. Whose clothes did Michael give to Angel at the cabin?
(a) Ones he made.
(b) His sister's.
(c) His mother's.
(d) A stranger's.
5. When they were walking at night and Angel wanted to return to the cabin, Michael asked her what she was afraid of. What did she say it was?
(a) His presence.
(b) The dark.
(c) His all-seeing God.
(d) The wild animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Angel do when she wanted to leave and Michael asked if they could talk it over?
2. Why does Michael leave Angel alone in the cabin?
3. What happens when Alex no longer wants Mae and turns her and Sarah away?
4. What happened when Angel came in from her ordeal in the rain?
5. Why did Angel tell Michael she was staying at the brothel?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)