|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael tell Angel to listen to in order to help her rest at his cabin?
(a) The crackling of the fire.
(b) A mocking bird outside the window.
(c) The babbling brook nearby.
(d) Him reading out of the Bible.
2. What happens when Alex no longer wants Mae and turns her and Sarah away?
(a) Mae becomes a prostitute in New York.
(b) Mae becomes a mail order bride.
(c) Mae becomes a housekeeper for a wealthy family.
(d) Mae becomes a cook for a local restaurant.
3. What does Michael tell the Joseph Hochschild he's going to do with his gold?
(a) Buy a couple head of cattle.
(b) Use it to invest in more land.
(c) Buy a house in town.
(d) Use it to court Angel.
4. When Angel woke from a nightmare and Michael asked her what it was about, what was her reply?
(a) "I was back at the brothel."
(b) "You don't want to know."
(c) "I can't remember."
(d) "I was your prisoner."
5. After her first week on her feet, why did Angel finally come out of the cabin?
(a) She was bored and tired of being cooped up in the cabin.
(b) She wanted to get to work to pay back Michael.
(c) She was lonely, and wanted Michael's company.
(d) She wanted to see how close civilization was.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Michael get Angel out the Silver Dollar after she ran away from the Valley?
2. What is the major lesson Angel remembers learning from Duke?
3. By the beginning of the fourth chapter, how many times has Angel had said "no" to Michael's marriage proposal?
4. Who helped Michael rescue Angel from the Palace?
5. How did Angel pay Paul for the ride to Pair-a-Dice?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)