|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feature in the cabin did Angel compare her life to?
(a) The rickety rocking chair.
(b) The small, empty trunk.
(c) The cold ice chest.
(d) The barren fireplace.
2. What did Angel do for a job when she returned to Pair-a-Dice?
(a) She became a cook at a local restaurant.
(b) She became the boss of The Palace.
(c) She became a clerk at the general store.
(d) She became a prostitute in the Silver Dollar.
3. Why did Angel jump off the wagon when Michael tried to take her home?
(a) She thought he was going to punish her.
(b) She was angry and wanted to walk.
(c) She didn't want to go back to the cabin.
(d) She didn't want to sit close to him.
4. Why did Angel want her gold from the Duchess?
(a) She wanted to hide it in a safe place.
(b) She wanted to open her very own brothel.
(c) She wanted to invest it in a piece of jewelry.
(d) She wanted to buy a little house of her own.
5. After her first week on her feet, why did Angel finally come out of the cabin?
(a) She wanted to get to work to pay back Michael.
(b) She was lonely, and wanted Michael's company.
(c) She was bored and tired of being cooped up in the cabin.
(d) She wanted to see how close civilization was.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Lucky and Mai Ling, Angel's co-workers, after Angel left Pair-a-Dice?
2. Why did Angel say her father stopped loving her mother?
3. When Michael told Angel the biblical story of Hosea's wife, what did Angel think was NOT the cause of her returning to prostitution?
4. When Paul asks Michael the name of his new bride, what name does Michael give him?
5. Why did Angel scrub her skin raw in the stream?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)