|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Paul want Michael to do about his marriage to Angel?
(a) Get it annulled.
(b) Make it work.
(c) Get divorced.
(d) Stay until he tires of her.
2. Why didn't Mae want Sarah to thank Alex for the presents he'd left?
(a) Mae knew Alex was embarrassed by any show of feminine emotion.
(b) They were never intended for Sarah; they were for Mae.
(c) Mae believed a formal thank you letter was more appropriate.
(d) They weren't gifts, but a bribe, to keep Sarah out of the way.
3. What does Angel tell the Altmans to try and keep them from wintering with the Hoseas?
(a) She says the cabin is very small and food is limited.
(b) She says she met Michael in a brothel.
(c) She says wild wolves have claimed a neighbor's child.
(d) She says that as newlyweds they require their privacy.
4. What happened when Angel came in from her ordeal in the rain?
(a) Michael washed her hands and feet.
(b) Michael made fun of her predicament.
(c) Angel tracked mud all over the cabin.
(d) Michael yelled at her for being foolish.
5. What does Michael tell the Joseph Hochschild he's going to do with his gold?
(a) Use it to court Angel.
(b) Buy a couple head of cattle.
(c) Buy a house in town.
(d) Use it to invest in more land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sarah really sent to the coast with Cleo?
2. When Paul asks Michael the name of his new bride, what name does Michael give him?
3. After one night with Duke, how is Sarah changed?
4. Remembering her childhood, why did Angel say she loved the rain?
5. Why did Angel tell Michael she was staying at the brothel?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)