|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael tell the Joseph Hochschild he's going to do with his gold?
(a) Buy a house in town.
(b) Buy a couple head of cattle.
(c) Use it to court Angel.
(d) Use it to invest in more land.
2. What made Angel feel guilty when she returned to the cabin?
(a) Dirty floors.
(c) Broken Window.
3. Why didn't Angel want to fall in love?
(a) She didn't want to be a mother and housewife for the rest of her life.
(b) She wanted to be free to court with other men, never to settle down.
(c) Her greatest desire was to be left alone, to answer to no one.
(d) She thought it meant losing control of her emotions, will and life.
4. When they were walking at night and Angel wanted to return to the cabin, Michael asked her what she was afraid of. What did she say it was?
(a) His presence.
(b) The dark.
(c) The wild animals.
(d) His all-seeing God.
5. When Michael and Angel are married, what does she say instead of "yes"?
(a) "Why not?"
(c) Nothing at all.
(d) "Oh, no."
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angel says she's a door a thousand men have walked through, what does Michael say she is?
2. What did Angel believe would ease the heaviness inside of her?
3. When Angel asks Michael, "What sort of name is Hosea?" what is his reply?
4. Angel begins to like life in the little cabin. She feels comfortable and safe except for one thing. What is it?
5. Why is Sarah really sent to the coast with Cleo?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)