|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mae dies, what does Rab do to try to help Sarah?
(a) He asks a trusted friend to take Sarah in as a daughter.
(b) He sells his possessions to provide for Sarah's education.
(c) He takes Sarah to a man he believes wants to adopt her.
(d) He does his best to be a wonderful father to Sarah.
2. What is the major lesson Angel remembers learning from Duke?
(a) To look beautiful.
(b) To hide her money.
(c) To pretend.
(d) To grow old gracefully.
3. What does Angel tells Michael that she knows all about?
4. When Angel says she's a door a thousand men have walked through, what does Michael say she is?
(a) A window with pretty curtains, open for all to see.
(b) A stone wall, four feet thick and a hundred feet high.
(c) A locked trunk, full of dark secrets.
(d) A frozen lake, waiting for a spring thaw.
5. Where was Paul before he came back to the valley?
(a) In Pair-a-Dice working at a bar.
(b) On a fishing expedition in Alaska.
(c) In the mountains, looking for God.
(d) On the Yuba, panning for gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sarah really sent to the coast with Cleo?
2. What does Michael tell the Joseph Hochschild he's going to do with his gold?
3. Why did Alex tell his lover Mae that he never wanted Sarah?
4. What did Angel do for a job when she returned to Pair-a-Dice?
5. Whose clothes did Michael give to Angel at the cabin?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)