|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Angel begins to like life in the little cabin. She feels comfortable and safe except for one thing. What is it?
(a) Her memories of the Palace.
(b) The unpredictable weather.
(c) Michael Hosea.
(d) The difficult chores.
2. What did God say when Michael asked him for guidance about how to help Angel?
(a) "Lead them out of Egypt."
(b) "Feed my sheep."
(c) "Turn the other cheek."
(d) "Tend my lamb."
3. Why did Michael ask Angel to pick up walnuts?
(a) So that she could earn her keep.
(b) To keep her from going to Pair-a-Dice.
(c) To share their bounty with the neighbors.
(d) So that they could feed the squirrels.
4. Who introduced Michael to the Lord?
(a) A slave named Ezra.
(b) His great-grandmother.
(c) His school teacher.
(d) A minister named John.
5. Why did Angel jump off the wagon when Michael tried to take her home?
(a) She thought he was going to punish her.
(b) She didn't want to go back to the cabin.
(c) She was angry and wanted to walk.
(d) She didn't want to sit close to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the way back to the valley from Sacramento, why did Michael pull off the road?
2. How did Angel feel when she walked in the cabin after returning from Pair-a-Dice?
3. Why did Angel want her gold from the Duchess?
4. What happened the morning after Michael and Angel consummated their marriage?
5. When Angel says she's a door a thousand men have walked through, what does Michael say she is?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)