|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After her first week on her feet, why did Angel finally come out of the cabin?
(a) She was bored and tired of being cooped up in the cabin.
(b) She was lonely, and wanted Michael's company.
(c) She wanted to see how close civilization was.
(d) She wanted to get to work to pay back Michael.
2. When Angel tells Michael, "You and God better not expect much," he replies ...
(a) "God will supply all my needs."
(b) "I don't want anything."
(c) "I want everything."
(d) "Time waits for no man."
3. When Mae dies, what does Rab do to try to help Sarah?
(a) He sells his possessions to provide for Sarah's education.
(b) He takes Sarah to a man he believes wants to adopt her.
(c) He asks a trusted friend to take Sarah in as a daughter.
(d) He does his best to be a wonderful father to Sarah.
4. Angel begins to like life in the little cabin. She feels comfortable and safe except for one thing. What is it?
(a) Her memories of the Palace.
(b) The difficult chores.
(c) The unpredictable weather.
(d) Michael Hosea.
5. Why did Angel jump off the wagon when Michael tried to take her home?
(a) She was angry and wanted to walk.
(b) She didn't want to go back to the cabin.
(c) She thought he was going to punish her.
(d) She didn't want to sit close to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michael was telling Angel his plans for the land and the cabin, Angel said that he had enough work planned to last a long while. What was his reply?
2. Why does Michael call Angel by a new name, Amanda?
3. Why did Alex tell his lover Mae that he never wanted Sarah?
4. When Michael and Angel are married, what does she say instead of "yes"?
5. Why wasn't Paul happy for Michael when he heard of Michael's marriage?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)