|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Michael call Angel that hurt her feelings?
2. How did Angel pay Paul for the ride to Pair-a-Dice?
(a) She promised him money from the Duchess.
(b) She gave him sex.
(c) She gave him a kiss.
(d) She made him a home-cooked meal.
3. What does Michael tell Angel to listen to in order to help her rest at his cabin?
(a) The babbling brook nearby.
(b) A mocking bird outside the window.
(c) The crackling of the fire.
(d) Him reading out of the Bible.
4. Why did Angel say her father stopped loving her mother?
(a) "He was in love with his wife."
(b) "Because he was a selfish man."
(c) "Because of me."
(d) "He never loved her in the first place."
5. After her first week on her feet, why did Angel finally come out of the cabin?
(a) She wanted to get to work to pay back Michael.
(b) She was lonely, and wanted Michael's company.
(c) She was bored and tired of being cooped up in the cabin.
(d) She wanted to see how close civilization was.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Angel get revenge on Michael for her stained hands?
2. When Mae dies, what does Rab do to try to help Sarah?
3. What did Angel do for a job when she returned to Pair-a-Dice?
4. What did Angel do when she wanted to leave and Michael asked if they could talk it over?
5. When Michael was telling Angel his plans for the land and the cabin, Angel said that he had enough work planned to last a long while. What was his reply?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)