|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael tell Angel to listen to in order to help her rest at his cabin?
(a) The babbling brook nearby.
(b) The crackling of the fire.
(c) Him reading out of the Bible.
(d) A mocking bird outside the window.
2. Why wasn't Paul happy for Michael when he heard of Michael's marriage?
(a) He wanted to be the first to marry.
(b) He thought that Michael was lying.
(c) He thought Michael should be a priest.
(d) He was jealous.
3. Why did Angel jump off the wagon when Michael tried to take her home?
(a) She was angry and wanted to walk.
(b) She thought he was going to punish her.
(c) She didn't want to go back to the cabin.
(d) She didn't want to sit close to him.
4. Why did Angel scrub her skin raw in the stream?
(a) To clean off the filth of her betrayal.
(b) To rid her skin of lice from Pair-a-Dice.
(c) To assure herself she was capable of feeling.
(d) To exfoliate, revealing more youthful skin.
5. Where was Paul before he came back to the valley?
(a) In the mountains, looking for God.
(b) On a fishing expedition in Alaska.
(c) On the Yuba, panning for gold.
(d) In Pair-a-Dice working at a bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angel tells Michael, "You and God better not expect much," he replies ...
2. Why didn't Mae want Sarah to thank Alex for the presents he'd left?
3. What feature in the cabin did Angel compare her life to?
4. When Michael and Angel are married, what does she say instead of "yes"?
5. Why did Angel want her gold from the Duchess?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)