|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Angel jump off the wagon when Michael tried to take her home?
(a) She was angry and wanted to walk.
(b) She didn't want to sit close to him.
(c) She didn't want to go back to the cabin.
(d) She thought he was going to punish her.
2. What did Angel believe would ease the heaviness inside of her?
(a) Praying to Michael's God.
(b) Getting her money from the Duchess.
(c) Hard work and daily chores.
(d) A good nights sleep.
3. Why did Angel say her father stopped loving her mother?
(a) "Because he was a selfish man."
(b) "He never loved her in the first place."
(c) "He was in love with his wife."
(d) "Because of me."
4. How did Angel get revenge on Michael for her stained hands?
(a) By refusing to do chores.
(b) By not talking to him.
(c) By ruining his dinner.
(d) By breaking the window.
5. What feature in the cabin did Angel compare her life to?
(a) The rickety rocking chair.
(b) The small, empty trunk.
(c) The cold ice chest.
(d) The barren fireplace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sarah really sent to the coast with Cleo?
2. What did Michael call Angel that hurt her feelings?
3. Angel begins to like life in the little cabin. She feels comfortable and safe except for one thing. What is it?
4. What happened when Angel came in from her ordeal in the rain?
5. Why does Michael call Angel by a new name, Amanda?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)