|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Michael call Angel by a new name, Amanda?
(a) He wanted to name her after his mother.
(b) He was tired of calling her Mara.
(c) He thought it sounded gentle and loving.
(d) She asked him to call her that.
2. What did Angel do when she wanted to leave and Michael asked if they could talk it over?
(a) She walked away.
(b) She began to laugh in his face.
(c) She started to cry uncontrollably.
(d) She slapped him in the face.
3. When Angel woke from a nightmare and Michael asked her what it was about, what was her reply?
(a) "You don't want to know."
(b) "I can't remember."
(c) "I was back at the brothel."
(d) "I was your prisoner."
4. Who helped Michael rescue Angel from the Palace?
5. What feature in the cabin did Angel compare her life to?
(a) The barren fireplace.
(b) The cold ice chest.
(c) The rickety rocking chair.
(d) The small, empty trunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michael leave Angel alone in the cabin?
2. Why did Michael ask Angel to pick up walnuts?
3. Angel begins to like life in the little cabin. She feels comfortable and safe except for one thing. What is it?
4. What did Paul want Michael to do about his marriage to Angel?
5. What happens when Alex no longer wants Mae and turns her and Sarah away?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)