|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Michael brought Angel back home from Pair-a-Dice, he left her alone in the cabin. Angel eventually went looking for Michael; where did she find him?
(a) In the barn, crying.
(b) In the stream, bathing.
(c) In the corral, working.
(d) In the cabin, cooking.
2. When Michael told Angel the biblical story of Hosea's wife, what did Angel think was NOT the cause of her returning to prostitution?
(a) Hosea had driven his wife half crazy like Michael had done to Angel.
(b) Hosea's wife just wanted to be left alone.
(c) Hosea didn't give her enough money to buy what she wanted.
(d) Hosea's wife had a Duchess of her own that owed her money.
3. Why wasn't Paul happy for Michael when he heard of Michael's marriage?
(a) He was jealous.
(b) He wanted to be the first to marry.
(c) He thought Michael should be a priest.
(d) He thought that Michael was lying.
4. Why did Angel want Michael to show her how to cook?
(a) So that she could learn a new skill for another job.
(b) So that she would have another chore to help pass the time.
(c) So that she'd be able to cook a good, hearty meal for Michael.
(d) So she'd know how cook for herself when she had her own place.
5. After one night with Duke, how is Sarah changed?
(a) She feels that she can finally be a part of a family.
(b) She knows that she has found a man who'll love her forever.
(c) She believes everything she's ever heard about the cruelty of men.
(d) She is confident that he can teach her to survive without her mom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael tell Angel to listen to in order to help her rest at his cabin?
2. Why did Angel say her father stopped loving her mother?
3. When Angel tells Michael to call her whatever he wants, what does he name her?
4. When they were on their walk through the land at night, what was it that Michael wanted to show Angel?
5. How did Angel pay Paul for the ride to Pair-a-Dice?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)