|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the prostitute who is Sarah's only friend?
(c) Mai Ling.
2. Why does Michael leave Angel alone in the cabin?
(a) So that she will do chores.
(b) To give her time to think.
(c) Because he's afraid to be alone with her.
(d) In order to visit with the neighbors.
3. By the beginning of the fourth chapter, how many times has Angel had said "no" to Michael's marriage proposal?
(b) Five times.
(c) Two times.
(d) Three times.
4. When they were on their walk through the land at night, what was it that Michael wanted to show Angel?
(a) The view of the cabin below.
(b) The sunrise.
(c) The family of deer.
(d) The stream.
5. Where was Paul before he came back to the valley?
(a) In Pair-a-Dice working at a bar.
(b) In the mountains, looking for God.
(c) On the Yuba, panning for gold.
(d) On a fishing expedition in Alaska.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days was Angel delirious at Michael's cabin before she awakened?
2. Why does Michael call Angel by a new name, Amanda?
3. What happens when Alex no longer wants Mae and turns her and Sarah away?
4. When Angel asks Michael, "What sort of name is Hosea?" what is his reply?
5. Why did Alex tell his lover Mae that he never wanted Sarah?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)