|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Angel jump off the wagon when Michael tried to take her home?
(a) She was angry and wanted to walk.
(b) She thought he was going to punish her.
(c) She didn't want to go back to the cabin.
(d) She didn't want to sit close to him.
2. Why did Michael ask Angel to pick up walnuts?
(a) So that they could feed the squirrels.
(b) To keep her from going to Pair-a-Dice.
(c) To share their bounty with the neighbors.
(d) So that she could earn her keep.
3. Why did Angel tell Michael she was staying at the brothel?
(a) She has nowhere to go.
(b) She needs the money.
(c) She likes it.
(d) She feels like it's home.
4. Why does Michael call Angel by a new name, Amanda?
(a) She asked him to call her that.
(b) He was tired of calling her Mara.
(c) He thought it sounded gentle and loving.
(d) He wanted to name her after his mother.
5. After one night with Duke, how is Sarah changed?
(a) She feels that she can finally be a part of a family.
(b) She is confident that he can teach her to survive without her mom.
(c) She knows that she has found a man who'll love her forever.
(d) She believes everything she's ever heard about the cruelty of men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Alex no longer wants Mae and turns her and Sarah away?
2. What did Michael call Angel that hurt her feelings?
3. When Paul asks Michael the name of his new bride, what name does Michael give him?
4. When Michael stops thinking of Angel as the prostitute he loved and who betrayed him, how does her see her?
5. When Michael told Angel the biblical story of Hosea's wife, what did Angel think was NOT the cause of her returning to prostitution?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)