|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Paul want Michael to do about his marriage to Angel?
(a) Stay until he tires of her.
(b) Get it annulled.
(c) Make it work.
(d) Get divorced.
2. When Michael tells Angel that he knew the first time he saw her that he was going to marry her, what feature did Michael say he saw first?
(a) Her small, petite frame.
(b) Her voluptuous curves.
(c) Her blonde, cornsilk hair.
(d) Her young, stone-cold face.
3. What is the name of the prostitute who is Sarah's only friend?
(c) Mai Ling.
4. When Mae dies, what does Rab do to try to help Sarah?
(a) He sells his possessions to provide for Sarah's education.
(b) He does his best to be a wonderful father to Sarah.
(c) He takes Sarah to a man he believes wants to adopt her.
(d) He asks a trusted friend to take Sarah in as a daughter.
5. When Michael brought Angel back home from Pair-a-Dice, he left her alone in the cabin. Angel eventually went looking for Michael; where did she find him?
(a) In the cabin, cooking.
(b) In the barn, crying.
(c) In the stream, bathing.
(d) In the corral, working.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Michael ask Angel to pick up walnuts?
2. Why wasn't Paul happy for Michael when he heard of Michael's marriage?
3. When Angel returns to Pair-a-Dice, what happens to The Palace?
4. Why is Sarah really sent to the coast with Cleo?
5. Why did Angel jump off the wagon when Michael tried to take her home?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)