|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days was Angel delirious at Michael's cabin before she awakened?
(a) One week.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two hours.
(d) One and a half days.
2. What does Angel say when Michael asks her if he's gotten inside her heart?
(a) "Like a knife wound."
(b) "A little."
(d) "You and five other men."
3. What does Michael tell the Joseph Hochschild he's going to do with his gold?
(a) Use it to court Angel.
(b) Use it to invest in more land.
(c) Buy a couple head of cattle.
(d) Buy a house in town.
4. Why did Angel want Michael to show her how to cook?
(a) So that she would have another chore to help pass the time.
(b) So she'd know how cook for herself when she had her own place.
(c) So that she'd be able to cook a good, hearty meal for Michael.
(d) So that she could learn a new skill for another job.
5. When Paul sees Angel, he thinks she's beautiful and dangerous. What biblical character does he not compare her to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Remembering her childhood, why did Angel say she loved the rain?
2. Why did Angel tell Michael she was staying at the brothel?
3. Why does Angel mentally tabulate how much time and money Michael has spent on nursing her back to health and training her for independence?
4. What is the name of the prostitute who is Sarah's only friend?
5. When Michael and Angel are married, what does she say instead of "yes"?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)