|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Michael brought Angel back home from Pair-a-Dice, he left her alone in the cabin. Angel eventually went looking for Michael; where did she find him?
(a) In the stream, bathing.
(b) In the corral, working.
(c) In the barn, crying.
(d) In the cabin, cooking.
2. How is Paul related to Michael?
(a) He was Michael's stepbrother.
(b) He is Michael's oldest brother.
(c) He was married to Michael's sister.
(d) He is Michael's cousin.
3. When they were on their walk through the land at night, what was it that Michael wanted to show Angel?
(a) The view of the cabin below.
(b) The stream.
(c) The family of deer.
(d) The sunrise.
4. When Mae dies, what does Rab do to try to help Sarah?
(a) He takes Sarah to a man he believes wants to adopt her.
(b) He asks a trusted friend to take Sarah in as a daughter.
(c) He sells his possessions to provide for Sarah's education.
(d) He does his best to be a wonderful father to Sarah.
5. Why did Michael decide to go back to Pair-a-Dice?
(a) He had a bad dream about Angel.
(b) He wanted to look up an old friend.
(c) He needed some supplies for winter.
(d) He had decided to find a wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the beginning of the fourth chapter, how many times has Angel had said "no" to Michael's marriage proposal?
2. When Paul asks Michael the name of his new bride, what name does Michael give him?
3. When Angel woke from a nightmare and Michael asked her what it was about, what was her reply?
4. What happens when Alex no longer wants Mae and turns her and Sarah away?
5. What is the name of the prostitute who is Sarah's only friend?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)