|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Angel say when Michael asks her if he's gotten inside her heart?
(a) "A little."
(c) "You and five other men."
(d) "Like a knife wound."
2. Why did Michael ask Angel to pick up walnuts?
(a) To keep her from going to Pair-a-Dice.
(b) To share their bounty with the neighbors.
(c) So that they could feed the squirrels.
(d) So that she could earn her keep.
3. When Michael stops thinking of Angel as the prostitute he loved and who betrayed him, how does her see her?
(a) As his new, young bride who needed his attention and affection.
(b) As the future mother of his children, worthy of his respect and love.
(c) As the nameless child who had been broken and was still lost.
(d) As a beautiful stranger, someone he could start a new life with.
4. Why did Alex tell his lover Mae that he never wanted Sarah?
(a) He only wanted sons to carry on his legacy.
(b) He never believed he was Sarah's biological father.
(c) He had a legitimate family of his own.
(d) He did not want to be financially responsible for Sarah.
5. What happened the morning after Michael and Angel consummated their marriage?
(a) Angel tried to run away.
(b) They held hands under the sunset.
(c) Angel refused to speak.
(d) They made a lavish breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Lucky and Mai Ling, Angel's co-workers, after Angel left Pair-a-Dice?
2. When Michael told Angel the biblical story of Hosea's wife, what did Angel think was NOT the cause of her returning to prostitution?
3. How did Angel feel when she walked in the cabin after returning from Pair-a-Dice?
4. When Mae dies, what does Rab do to try to help Sarah?
5. What did Angel do for a job when she returned to Pair-a-Dice?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)