|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael tell the Joseph Hochschild he's going to do with his gold?
(a) Use it to court Angel.
(b) Use it to invest in more land.
(c) Buy a house in town.
(d) Buy a couple head of cattle.
2. Why wasn't Paul happy for Michael when he heard of Michael's marriage?
(a) He thought that Michael was lying.
(b) He thought Michael should be a priest.
(c) He wanted to be the first to marry.
(d) He was jealous.
3. Whose clothes did Michael give to Angel at the cabin?
(a) His sister's.
(b) His mother's.
(c) A stranger's.
(d) Ones he made.
4. When Mae dies, what does Rab do to try to help Sarah?
(a) He does his best to be a wonderful father to Sarah.
(b) He sells his possessions to provide for Sarah's education.
(c) He asks a trusted friend to take Sarah in as a daughter.
(d) He takes Sarah to a man he believes wants to adopt her.
5. Why does Michael call Angel by a new name, Amanda?
(a) He was tired of calling her Mara.
(b) She asked him to call her that.
(c) He wanted to name her after his mother.
(d) He thought it sounded gentle and loving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Angel do for a job when she returned to Pair-a-Dice?
2. Angel begins to like life in the little cabin. She feels comfortable and safe except for one thing. What is it?
3. When Angel says she's a door a thousand men have walked through, what does Michael say she is?
4. After her first week on her feet, why did Angel finally come out of the cabin?
5. Why did Angel want Michael to show her how to cook?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)