|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Remembering her childhood, why did Angel say she loved the rain?
(a) She'd use ther tongue to catch the raindrops.
(b) She'd have her mom to herself.
(c) She'd play in the puddles.
(d) She'd use the rainwater to wash her hair.
2. What does Angel say when Michael asks her if he's gotten inside her heart?
(a) "Like a knife wound."
(b) "A little."
(d) "You and five other men."
3. How did Angel feel when she walked in the cabin after returning from Pair-a-Dice?
(a) "It hasn't changed a bit."
(b) "I can do better."
(c) "I'm home."
(d) "Not this dump again."
4. Why did Angel want her gold from the Duchess?
(a) She wanted to open her very own brothel.
(b) She wanted to hide it in a safe place.
(c) She wanted to invest it in a piece of jewelry.
(d) She wanted to buy a little house of her own.
5. When Mae dies, what does Rab do to try to help Sarah?
(a) He does his best to be a wonderful father to Sarah.
(b) He asks a trusted friend to take Sarah in as a daughter.
(c) He sells his possessions to provide for Sarah's education.
(d) He takes Sarah to a man he believes wants to adopt her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angel tells Michael, "You and God better not expect much," he replies ...
2. What happens when Alex no longer wants Mae and turns her and Sarah away?
3. Why wasn't Paul happy for Michael when he heard of Michael's marriage?
4. How did Angel pay Paul for the ride to Pair-a-Dice?
5. When Angel returns to Pair-a-Dice, what happens to The Palace?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)