|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Angel believe would ease the heaviness inside of her?
(a) Hard work and daily chores.
(b) Praying to Michael's God.
(c) A good nights sleep.
(d) Getting her money from the Duchess.
2. What two subjects was Lucky never allowed to talk about with Angel?
(a) Marriage and Children.
(b) Men and God.
(c) Sex and Love.
(d) Politics and Religion.
3. What did Michael call Angel that hurt her feelings?
4. When Angel asks Michael, "What sort of name is Hosea?" what is his reply?
5. Why didn't Mae want Sarah to thank Alex for the presents he'd left?
(a) Mae knew Alex was embarrassed by any show of feminine emotion.
(b) They weren't gifts, but a bribe, to keep Sarah out of the way.
(c) Mae believed a formal thank you letter was more appropriate.
(d) They were never intended for Sarah; they were for Mae.
Short Answer Questions
1. Remembering her childhood, why did Angel say she loved the rain?
2. Why did Angel tell Michael she was staying at the brothel?
3. When Michael tells Angel that he knew the first time he saw her that he was going to marry her, what feature did Michael say he saw first?
4. Who helped Michael rescue Angel from the Palace?
5. What is the name of the prostitute who is Sarah's only friend?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)