|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Angel want Michael to show her how to cook?
(a) So she'd know how cook for herself when she had her own place.
(b) So that she would have another chore to help pass the time.
(c) So that she could learn a new skill for another job.
(d) So that she'd be able to cook a good, hearty meal for Michael.
2. Why did Alex tell his lover Mae that he never wanted Sarah?
(a) He had a legitimate family of his own.
(b) He only wanted sons to carry on his legacy.
(c) He did not want to be financially responsible for Sarah.
(d) He never believed he was Sarah's biological father.
3. Why is Sarah really sent to the coast with Cleo?
(a) So that Sarah could see the ocean for the first time.
(b) So that Sarah's father could visit her mother alone.
(c) So that Sarah could visit her extended family.
(d) So that Cleo would have company on her journey.
4. What is the name of the prostitute who is Sarah's only friend?
(a) Mai Ling.
5. Remembering her childhood, why did Angel say she loved the rain?
(a) She'd have her mom to herself.
(b) She'd use the rainwater to wash her hair.
(c) She'd use ther tongue to catch the raindrops.
(d) She'd play in the puddles.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michael tells Angel that he knew the first time he saw her that he was going to marry her, what feature did Michael say he saw first?
2. Why does Angel mentally tabulate how much time and money Michael has spent on nursing her back to health and training her for independence?
3. When Angel asks Michael, "What sort of name is Hosea?" what is his reply?
4. Who helped Michael rescue Angel from the Palace?
5. Why did Angel want her gold from the Duchess?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)