|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After her first week on her feet, why did Angel finally come out of the cabin?
(a) She was lonely, and wanted Michael's company.
(b) She wanted to see how close civilization was.
(c) She was bored and tired of being cooped up in the cabin.
(d) She wanted to get to work to pay back Michael.
2. Why didn't Mae want Sarah to thank Alex for the presents he'd left?
(a) They were never intended for Sarah; they were for Mae.
(b) Mae believed a formal thank you letter was more appropriate.
(c) They weren't gifts, but a bribe, to keep Sarah out of the way.
(d) Mae knew Alex was embarrassed by any show of feminine emotion.
3. What feature in the cabin did Angel compare her life to?
(a) The barren fireplace.
(b) The cold ice chest.
(c) The small, empty trunk.
(d) The rickety rocking chair.
4. When they were walking at night and Angel wanted to return to the cabin, Michael asked her what she was afraid of. What did she say it was?
(a) The dark.
(b) His presence.
(c) The wild animals.
(d) His all-seeing God.
5. What is the major lesson Angel remembers learning from Duke?
(a) To grow old gracefully.
(b) To hide her money.
(c) To pretend.
(d) To look beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michael Hosea sees Angel for the first time, what does God tells him?
2. What does Michael tell the Joseph Hochschild he's going to do with his gold?
3. What happens when Alex no longer wants Mae and turns her and Sarah away?
4. What is the name of the prostitute who is Sarah's only friend?
5. When they were on their walk through the land at night, what was it that Michael wanted to show Angel?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)