|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Angel want her gold from the Duchess?
(a) She wanted to hide it in a safe place.
(b) She wanted to buy a little house of her own.
(c) She wanted to invest it in a piece of jewelry.
(d) She wanted to open her very own brothel.
2. When Angel woke from a nightmare and Michael asked her what it was about, what was her reply?
(a) "I was your prisoner."
(b) "I can't remember."
(c) "You don't want to know."
(d) "I was back at the brothel."
3. When Michael Hosea sees Angel for the first time, what does God tells him?
(a) "For I know the plans I have for you..."
(b) "Those without sin may cast the first stone."
(c) "This one, beloved."
(d) "Take my yoke upon you."
4. What does Angel tells Michael that she knows all about?
5. What happens when Alex no longer wants Mae and turns her and Sarah away?
(a) Mae becomes a prostitute in New York.
(b) Mae becomes a cook for a local restaurant.
(c) Mae becomes a mail order bride.
(d) Mae becomes a housekeeper for a wealthy family.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angel tells Michael to call her whatever he wants, what does he name her?
2. What is the name of the prostitute who is Sarah's only friend?
3. After her first week on her feet, why did Angel finally come out of the cabin?
4. Angel begins to like life in the little cabin. She feels comfortable and safe except for one thing. What is it?
5. Why does Angel mentally tabulate how much time and money Michael has spent on nursing her back to health and training her for independence?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)