|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Angel want Michael to show her how to cook?
(a) So that she would have another chore to help pass the time.
(b) So that she'd be able to cook a good, hearty meal for Michael.
(c) So that she could learn a new skill for another job.
(d) So she'd know how cook for herself when she had her own place.
2. Why is Sarah really sent to the coast with Cleo?
(a) So that Cleo would have company on her journey.
(b) So that Sarah could see the ocean for the first time.
(c) So that Sarah could visit her extended family.
(d) So that Sarah's father could visit her mother alone.
3. After her first week on her feet, why did Angel finally come out of the cabin?
(a) She was lonely, and wanted Michael's company.
(b) She was bored and tired of being cooped up in the cabin.
(c) She wanted to see how close civilization was.
(d) She wanted to get to work to pay back Michael.
4. Why did Angel want her gold from the Duchess?
(a) She wanted to hide it in a safe place.
(b) She wanted to invest it in a piece of jewelry.
(c) She wanted to open her very own brothel.
(d) She wanted to buy a little house of her own.
5. What does Michael tell the Joseph Hochschild he's going to do with his gold?
(a) Buy a couple head of cattle.
(b) Buy a house in town.
(c) Use it to court Angel.
(d) Use it to invest in more land.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michael tells Angel that he knew the first time he saw her that he was going to marry her, what feature did Michael say he saw first?
2. Why does Angel mentally tabulate how much time and money Michael has spent on nursing her back to health and training her for independence?
3. When Michael Hosea sees Angel for the first time, what does God tells him?
4. What did Michael call Angel that hurt her feelings?
5. When Angel tells Michael to call her whatever he wants, what does he name her?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)