|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the major lesson Angel remembers learning from Duke?
(a) To look beautiful.
(b) To pretend.
(c) To hide her money.
(d) To grow old gracefully.
2. When Michael told Angel the biblical story of Hosea's wife, what did Angel think was NOT the cause of her returning to prostitution?
(a) Hosea's wife just wanted to be left alone.
(b) Hosea had driven his wife half crazy like Michael had done to Angel.
(c) Hosea didn't give her enough money to buy what she wanted.
(d) Hosea's wife had a Duchess of her own that owed her money.
3. Why did Alex tell his lover Mae that he never wanted Sarah?
(a) He never believed he was Sarah's biological father.
(b) He only wanted sons to carry on his legacy.
(c) He did not want to be financially responsible for Sarah.
(d) He had a legitimate family of his own.
4. What does Michael tell the Joseph Hochschild he's going to do with his gold?
(a) Use it to court Angel.
(b) Buy a couple head of cattle.
(c) Use it to invest in more land.
(d) Buy a house in town.
5. What does Michael tell Angel to listen to in order to help her rest at his cabin?
(a) The babbling brook nearby.
(b) A mocking bird outside the window.
(c) The crackling of the fire.
(d) Him reading out of the Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the prostitute who is Sarah's only friend?
2. How many days was Angel delirious at Michael's cabin before she awakened?
3. When Angel tells Michael, "You and God better not expect much," he replies ...
4. Why does Angel mentally tabulate how much time and money Michael has spent on nursing her back to health and training her for independence?
5. Why did Angel tell Michael she was staying at the brothel?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)