|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Alex tell his lover Mae that he never wanted Sarah?
(a) He had a legitimate family of his own.
(b) He only wanted sons to carry on his legacy.
(c) He never believed he was Sarah's biological father.
(d) He did not want to be financially responsible for Sarah.
2. When they were walking at night and Angel wanted to return to the cabin, Michael asked her what she was afraid of. What did she say it was?
(a) His all-seeing God.
(b) The wild animals.
(c) His presence.
(d) The dark.
3. When Michael tells Angel that he knew the first time he saw her that he was going to marry her, what feature did Michael say he saw first?
(a) Her blonde, cornsilk hair.
(b) Her small, petite frame.
(c) Her voluptuous curves.
(d) Her young, stone-cold face.
4. After one night with Duke, how is Sarah changed?
(a) She is confident that he can teach her to survive without her mom.
(b) She feels that she can finally be a part of a family.
(c) She believes everything she's ever heard about the cruelty of men.
(d) She knows that she has found a man who'll love her forever.
5. What is the name of the prostitute who is Sarah's only friend?
(a) Mai Ling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Angel want Michael to show her how to cook?
2. When Michael was telling Angel his plans for the land and the cabin, Angel said that he had enough work planned to last a long while. What was his reply?
3. What does Michael tell the Joseph Hochschild he's going to do with his gold?
4. What happens when Alex no longer wants Mae and turns her and Sarah away?
5. How many days was Angel delirious at Michael's cabin before she awakened?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)