|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the prostitute who is Sarah's only friend?
(c) Mai Ling.
2. How did Angel get revenge on Michael for her stained hands?
(a) By breaking the window.
(b) By refusing to do chores.
(c) By ruining his dinner.
(d) By not talking to him.
3. Why did Alex tell his lover Mae that he never wanted Sarah?
(a) He never believed he was Sarah's biological father.
(b) He did not want to be financially responsible for Sarah.
(c) He only wanted sons to carry on his legacy.
(d) He had a legitimate family of his own.
4. When Michael and Angel are married, what does she say instead of "yes"?
(a) "Oh, no."
(c) "Why not?"
(d) Nothing at all.
5. Why does Michael leave Angel alone in the cabin?
(a) To give her time to think.
(b) In order to visit with the neighbors.
(c) Because he's afraid to be alone with her.
(d) So that she will do chores.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angel tells Michael, "You and God better not expect much," he replies ...
2. Why did Angel tell Michael she was staying at the brothel?
3. Who helped Michael rescue Angel from the Palace?
4. When Michael told Angel the biblical story of Hosea's wife, what did Angel think was NOT the cause of her returning to prostitution?
5. Why is Sarah really sent to the coast with Cleo?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)