|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Michael decide to go back to Pair-a-Dice?
(a) He wanted to look up an old friend.
(b) He had a bad dream about Angel.
(c) He had decided to find a wife.
(d) He needed some supplies for winter.
2. When Mae dies, what does Rab do to try to help Sarah?
(a) He takes Sarah to a man he believes wants to adopt her.
(b) He does his best to be a wonderful father to Sarah.
(c) He asks a trusted friend to take Sarah in as a daughter.
(d) He sells his possessions to provide for Sarah's education.
3. Remembering her childhood, why did Angel say she loved the rain?
(a) She'd play in the puddles.
(b) She'd have her mom to herself.
(c) She'd use the rainwater to wash her hair.
(d) She'd use ther tongue to catch the raindrops.
4. What does Michael tell the Joseph Hochschild he's going to do with his gold?
(a) Buy a couple head of cattle.
(b) Use it to court Angel.
(c) Buy a house in town.
(d) Use it to invest in more land.
5. Why does Angel mentally tabulate how much time and money Michael has spent on nursing her back to health and training her for independence?
(a) In order to mock him for his wasted efforts.
(b) In order to thank him for all of his efforts.
(c) So she can tell everyone how much he cares for her.
(d) So she can repay him for every hour and ounce.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angel tells Michael to call her whatever he wants, what does he name her?
2. How did Angel get revenge on Michael for her stained hands?
3. What does Angel tells Michael that she knows all about?
4. Why did Michael ask Angel to pick up walnuts?
5. What feature in the cabin did Angel compare her life to?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)