|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Angel tell Michael she was staying at the brothel?
(a) She feels like it's home.
(b) She needs the money.
(c) She likes it.
(d) She has nowhere to go.
2. After one night with Duke, how is Sarah changed?
(a) She believes everything she's ever heard about the cruelty of men.
(b) She is confident that he can teach her to survive without her mom.
(c) She knows that she has found a man who'll love her forever.
(d) She feels that she can finally be a part of a family.
3. Why does Michael call Angel by a new name, Amanda?
(a) He thought it sounded gentle and loving.
(b) She asked him to call her that.
(c) He was tired of calling her Mara.
(d) He wanted to name her after his mother.
4. How did Angel get revenge on Michael for her stained hands?
(a) By breaking the window.
(b) By ruining his dinner.
(c) By refusing to do chores.
(d) By not talking to him.
5. What feature in the cabin did Angel compare her life to?
(a) The barren fireplace.
(b) The small, empty trunk.
(c) The rickety rocking chair.
(d) The cold ice chest.
Short Answer Questions
1. After her first week on her feet, why did Angel finally come out of the cabin?
2. Why did Angel want Michael to show her how to cook?
3. By the beginning of the fourth chapter, how many times has Angel had said "no" to Michael's marriage proposal?
4. Why did Alex tell his lover Mae that he never wanted Sarah?
5. When Michael and Angel are married, what does she say instead of "yes"?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)