|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight | Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Angel tell Michael she was staying at the brothel?
(a) She likes it.
(b) She needs the money.
(c) She feels like it's home.
(d) She has nowhere to go.
2. Why didn't Mae want Sarah to thank Alex for the presents he'd left?
(a) Mae believed a formal thank you letter was more appropriate.
(b) They weren't gifts, but a bribe, to keep Sarah out of the way.
(c) Mae knew Alex was embarrassed by any show of feminine emotion.
(d) They were never intended for Sarah; they were for Mae.
3. Why did Angel want Michael to show her how to cook?
(a) So she'd know how cook for herself when she had her own place.
(b) So that she could learn a new skill for another job.
(c) So that she'd be able to cook a good, hearty meal for Michael.
(d) So that she would have another chore to help pass the time.
4. Why is Sarah really sent to the coast with Cleo?
(a) So that Sarah could see the ocean for the first time.
(b) So that Cleo would have company on her journey.
(c) So that Sarah could visit her extended family.
(d) So that Sarah's father could visit her mother alone.
5. After one night with Duke, how is Sarah changed?
(a) She knows that she has found a man who'll love her forever.
(b) She believes everything she's ever heard about the cruelty of men.
(c) She feels that she can finally be a part of a family.
(d) She is confident that he can teach her to survive without her mom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael tell the Joseph Hochschild he's going to do with his gold?
2. Why did Angel want her gold from the Duchess?
3. When Michael Hosea sees Angel for the first time, what does God tells him?
4. When Mae dies, what does Rab do to try to help Sarah?
5. What is the major lesson Angel remembers learning from Duke?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)