|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight | Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Remembering her childhood, why did Angel say she loved the rain?
(a) She'd have her mom to herself.
(b) She'd use ther tongue to catch the raindrops.
(c) She'd play in the puddles.
(d) She'd use the rainwater to wash her hair.
2. What happens when Alex no longer wants Mae and turns her and Sarah away?
(a) Mae becomes a prostitute in New York.
(b) Mae becomes a housekeeper for a wealthy family.
(c) Mae becomes a mail order bride.
(d) Mae becomes a cook for a local restaurant.
3. When Mae dies, what does Rab do to try to help Sarah?
(a) He asks a trusted friend to take Sarah in as a daughter.
(b) He takes Sarah to a man he believes wants to adopt her.
(c) He sells his possessions to provide for Sarah's education.
(d) He does his best to be a wonderful father to Sarah.
4. When Angel tells Michael, "You and God better not expect much," he replies ...
(a) "God will supply all my needs."
(b) "I don't want anything."
(c) "Time waits for no man."
(d) "I want everything."
5. What does Michael tell the Joseph Hochschild he's going to do with his gold?
(a) Use it to court Angel.
(b) Buy a house in town.
(c) Buy a couple head of cattle.
(d) Use it to invest in more land.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michael Hosea sees Angel for the first time, what does God tells him?
2. Whose clothes did Michael give to Angel at the cabin?
3. Why is Sarah really sent to the coast with Cleo?
4. What is the major lesson Angel remembers learning from Duke?
5. What did Michael call Angel that hurt her feelings?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)