|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight | Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Michael Hosea sees Angel for the first time, what does God tells him?
(a) "For I know the plans I have for you..."
(b) "This one, beloved."
(c) "Those without sin may cast the first stone."
(d) "Take my yoke upon you."
2. When Angel tells Michael, "You and God better not expect much," he replies ...
(a) "God will supply all my needs."
(b) "Time waits for no man."
(c) "I want everything."
(d) "I don't want anything."
3. Why did Angel want her gold from the Duchess?
(a) She wanted to hide it in a safe place.
(b) She wanted to invest it in a piece of jewelry.
(c) She wanted to open her very own brothel.
(d) She wanted to buy a little house of her own.
4. Why did Alex tell his lover Mae that he never wanted Sarah?
(a) He did not want to be financially responsible for Sarah.
(b) He only wanted sons to carry on his legacy.
(c) He had a legitimate family of his own.
(d) He never believed he was Sarah's biological father.
5. When Angel asks Michael, "What sort of name is Hosea?" what is his reply?
Short Answer Questions
1. After one night with Duke, how is Sarah changed?
2. Why didn't Mae want Sarah to thank Alex for the presents he'd left?
3. What did Michael call Angel that hurt her feelings?
4. What does Angel tells Michael that she knows all about?
5. What is the major lesson Angel remembers learning from Duke?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)