|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight | Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Mae want Sarah to thank Alex for the presents he'd left?
(a) They were never intended for Sarah; they were for Mae.
(b) Mae believed a formal thank you letter was more appropriate.
(c) Mae knew Alex was embarrassed by any show of feminine emotion.
(d) They weren't gifts, but a bribe, to keep Sarah out of the way.
2. When Angel tells Michael, "You and God better not expect much," he replies ...
(a) "Time waits for no man."
(b) "I don't want anything."
(c) "God will supply all my needs."
(d) "I want everything."
3. When Angel tells Michael to call her whatever he wants, what does he name her?
(a) Sarah, meaning princess.
(b) Blythe, meaning joyous.
(c) Mara, meaning bitter.
(d) Tristyn, meaning sad.
4. What happens when Alex no longer wants Mae and turns her and Sarah away?
(a) Mae becomes a prostitute in New York.
(b) Mae becomes a housekeeper for a wealthy family.
(c) Mae becomes a cook for a local restaurant.
(d) Mae becomes a mail order bride.
5. Whose clothes did Michael give to Angel at the cabin?
(a) His mother's.
(b) Ones he made.
(c) His sister's.
(d) A stranger's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Michael call Angel that hurt her feelings?
2. Why did Angel want her gold from the Duchess?
3. Remembering her childhood, why did Angel say she loved the rain?
4. What two subjects was Lucky never allowed to talk about with Angel?
5. Why does Michael leave Angel alone in the cabin?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)