|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight | Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Michael leave Angel alone in the cabin?
(a) In order to visit with the neighbors.
(b) Because he's afraid to be alone with her.
(c) So that she will do chores.
(d) To give her time to think.
2. What does Michael tell Angel to listen to in order to help her rest at his cabin?
(a) The babbling brook nearby.
(b) Him reading out of the Bible.
(c) A mocking bird outside the window.
(d) The crackling of the fire.
3. After one night with Duke, how is Sarah changed?
(a) She knows that she has found a man who'll love her forever.
(b) She feels that she can finally be a part of a family.
(c) She believes everything she's ever heard about the cruelty of men.
(d) She is confident that he can teach her to survive without her mom.
4. When Angel tells Michael to call her whatever he wants, what does he name her?
(a) Tristyn, meaning sad.
(b) Mara, meaning bitter.
(c) Sarah, meaning princess.
(d) Blythe, meaning joyous.
5. Why did Angel tell Michael she was staying at the brothel?
(a) She feels like it's home.
(b) She likes it.
(c) She has nowhere to go.
(d) She needs the money.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michael and Angel are married, what does she say instead of "yes"?
2. What is the major lesson Angel remembers learning from Duke?
3. Why did Michael decide to go back to Pair-a-Dice?
4. Why is Sarah really sent to the coast with Cleo?
5. When Mae dies, what does Rab do to try to help Sarah?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)