|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight | Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the prostitute who is Sarah's only friend?
(a) Mai Ling.
2. Remembering her childhood, why did Angel say she loved the rain?
(a) She'd use ther tongue to catch the raindrops.
(b) She'd use the rainwater to wash her hair.
(c) She'd play in the puddles.
(d) She'd have her mom to herself.
3. What happens when Alex no longer wants Mae and turns her and Sarah away?
(a) Mae becomes a mail order bride.
(b) Mae becomes a cook for a local restaurant.
(c) Mae becomes a housekeeper for a wealthy family.
(d) Mae becomes a prostitute in New York.
4. Why didn't Mae want Sarah to thank Alex for the presents he'd left?
(a) They were never intended for Sarah; they were for Mae.
(b) Mae knew Alex was embarrassed by any show of feminine emotion.
(c) They weren't gifts, but a bribe, to keep Sarah out of the way.
(d) Mae believed a formal thank you letter was more appropriate.
5. When Michael was telling Angel his plans for the land and the cabin, Angel said that he had enough work planned to last a long while. What was his reply?
(a) "It won't take too long."
(b) "We will do it together."
(c) "It'll take us a lifetime."
(d) "It will keep us busy for a while."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michael leave Angel alone in the cabin?
2. What does Michael tell the Joseph Hochschild he's going to do with his gold?
3. When Angel asks Michael, "What sort of name is Hosea?" what is his reply?
4. Why did Angel want her gold from the Duchess?
5. By the beginning of the fourth chapter, how many times has Angel had said "no" to Michael's marriage proposal?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)