|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight | Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two subjects was Lucky never allowed to talk about with Angel?
(a) Men and God.
(b) Politics and Religion.
(c) Marriage and Children.
(d) Sex and Love.
2. When Michael was telling Angel his plans for the land and the cabin, Angel said that he had enough work planned to last a long while. What was his reply?
(a) "We will do it together."
(b) "It will keep us busy for a while."
(c) "It'll take us a lifetime."
(d) "It won't take too long."
3. What happens when Alex no longer wants Mae and turns her and Sarah away?
(a) Mae becomes a prostitute in New York.
(b) Mae becomes a housekeeper for a wealthy family.
(c) Mae becomes a mail order bride.
(d) Mae becomes a cook for a local restaurant.
4. Why does Michael leave Angel alone in the cabin?
(a) Because he's afraid to be alone with her.
(b) To give her time to think.
(c) So that she will do chores.
(d) In order to visit with the neighbors.
5. Why did Michael decide to go back to Pair-a-Dice?
(a) He needed some supplies for winter.
(b) He wanted to look up an old friend.
(c) He had a bad dream about Angel.
(d) He had decided to find a wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Michael call Angel that hurt her feelings?
2. After her first week on her feet, why did Angel finally come out of the cabin?
3. When Angel tells Michael, "You and God better not expect much," he replies ...
4. What does Michael tell the Joseph Hochschild he's going to do with his gold?
5. What is the major lesson Angel remembers learning from Duke?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)