|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight | Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Alex no longer wants Mae and turns her and Sarah away?
(a) Mae becomes a prostitute in New York.
(b) Mae becomes a cook for a local restaurant.
(c) Mae becomes a mail order bride.
(d) Mae becomes a housekeeper for a wealthy family.
2. Whose clothes did Michael give to Angel at the cabin?
(a) His sister's.
(b) A stranger's.
(c) Ones he made.
(d) His mother's.
3. Who helped Michael rescue Angel from the Palace?
4. When Angel tells Michael to call her whatever he wants, what does he name her?
(a) Blythe, meaning joyous.
(b) Mara, meaning bitter.
(c) Tristyn, meaning sad.
(d) Sarah, meaning princess.
5. When Angel tells Michael, "You and God better not expect much," he replies ...
(a) "Time waits for no man."
(b) "I don't want anything."
(c) "God will supply all my needs."
(d) "I want everything."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the prostitute who is Sarah's only friend?
2. Why didn't Mae want Sarah to thank Alex for the presents he'd left?
3. When Michael was telling Angel his plans for the land and the cabin, Angel said that he had enough work planned to last a long while. What was his reply?
4. Remembering her childhood, why did Angel say she loved the rain?
5. What does Angel tells Michael that she knows all about?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)