|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight | Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Angel tells Michael, "You and God better not expect much," he replies ...
(a) "I want everything."
(b) "Time waits for no man."
(c) "I don't want anything."
(d) "God will supply all my needs."
2. Why did Angel tell Michael she was staying at the brothel?
(a) She has nowhere to go.
(b) She feels like it's home.
(c) She likes it.
(d) She needs the money.
3. What did Michael call Angel that hurt her feelings?
4. Why did Angel want Michael to show her how to cook?
(a) So that she would have another chore to help pass the time.
(b) So that she could learn a new skill for another job.
(c) So that she'd be able to cook a good, hearty meal for Michael.
(d) So she'd know how cook for herself when she had her own place.
5. What happens when Alex no longer wants Mae and turns her and Sarah away?
(a) Mae becomes a prostitute in New York.
(b) Mae becomes a cook for a local restaurant.
(c) Mae becomes a housekeeper for a wealthy family.
(d) Mae becomes a mail order bride.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the major lesson Angel remembers learning from Duke?
2. When Michael and Angel are married, what does she say instead of "yes"?
3. How many days was Angel delirious at Michael's cabin before she awakened?
4. After her first week on her feet, why did Angel finally come out of the cabin?
5. Why did Angel want her gold from the Duchess?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)