|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight | Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Michael and Angel are married, what does she say instead of "yes"?
(a) Nothing at all.
(c) "Oh, no."
(d) "Why not?"
2. Why does Michael leave Angel alone in the cabin?
(a) Because he's afraid to be alone with her.
(b) To give her time to think.
(c) In order to visit with the neighbors.
(d) So that she will do chores.
3. What did Michael call Angel that hurt her feelings?
4. After her first week on her feet, why did Angel finally come out of the cabin?
(a) She wanted to see how close civilization was.
(b) She wanted to get to work to pay back Michael.
(c) She was lonely, and wanted Michael's company.
(d) She was bored and tired of being cooped up in the cabin.
5. How many days was Angel delirious at Michael's cabin before she awakened?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Three days.
(c) One week.
(d) One and a half days.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angel tells Michael, "You and God better not expect much," he replies ...
2. Remembering her childhood, why did Angel say she loved the rain?
3. When Mae dies, what does Rab do to try to help Sarah?
4. After one night with Duke, how is Sarah changed?
5. What does Michael tell the Joseph Hochschild he's going to do with his gold?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)