|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight | Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mae dies, what does Rab do to try to help Sarah?
(a) He does his best to be a wonderful father to Sarah.
(b) He asks a trusted friend to take Sarah in as a daughter.
(c) He sells his possessions to provide for Sarah's education.
(d) He takes Sarah to a man he believes wants to adopt her.
2. Why did Angel want her gold from the Duchess?
(a) She wanted to open her very own brothel.
(b) She wanted to invest it in a piece of jewelry.
(c) She wanted to buy a little house of her own.
(d) She wanted to hide it in a safe place.
3. Why is Sarah really sent to the coast with Cleo?
(a) So that Sarah's father could visit her mother alone.
(b) So that Sarah could see the ocean for the first time.
(c) So that Sarah could visit her extended family.
(d) So that Cleo would have company on her journey.
4. What is the major lesson Angel remembers learning from Duke?
(a) To look beautiful.
(b) To hide her money.
(c) To pretend.
(d) To grow old gracefully.
5. What does Michael tell Angel to listen to in order to help her rest at his cabin?
(a) The babbling brook nearby.
(b) A mocking bird outside the window.
(c) The crackling of the fire.
(d) Him reading out of the Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Mae want Sarah to thank Alex for the presents he'd left?
2. What is the name of the prostitute who is Sarah's only friend?
3. Who helped Michael rescue Angel from the Palace?
4. After her first week on her feet, why did Angel finally come out of the cabin?
5. After one night with Duke, how is Sarah changed?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)