|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight | Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sarah really sent to the coast with Cleo?
(a) So that Sarah's father could visit her mother alone.
(b) So that Cleo would have company on her journey.
(c) So that Sarah could visit her extended family.
(d) So that Sarah could see the ocean for the first time.
2. When Angel tells Michael, "You and God better not expect much," he replies ...
(a) "God will supply all my needs."
(b) "Time waits for no man."
(c) "I don't want anything."
(d) "I want everything."
3. When Angel tells Michael to call her whatever he wants, what does he name her?
(a) Mara, meaning bitter.
(b) Blythe, meaning joyous.
(c) Tristyn, meaning sad.
(d) Sarah, meaning princess.
4. Why did Angel want her gold from the Duchess?
(a) She wanted to invest it in a piece of jewelry.
(b) She wanted to hide it in a safe place.
(c) She wanted to buy a little house of her own.
(d) She wanted to open her very own brothel.
5. Why did Alex tell his lover Mae that he never wanted Sarah?
(a) He did not want to be financially responsible for Sarah.
(b) He never believed he was Sarah's biological father.
(c) He had a legitimate family of his own.
(d) He only wanted sons to carry on his legacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. After one night with Duke, how is Sarah changed?
2. When Michael was telling Angel his plans for the land and the cabin, Angel said that he had enough work planned to last a long while. What was his reply?
3. What is the name of the prostitute who is Sarah's only friend?
4. Why didn't Mae want Sarah to thank Alex for the presents he'd left?
5. Why did Michael decide to go back to Pair-a-Dice?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)