|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Angel compare herself to when talking to Miriam Altman?
(a) A wild dog, rabid and unpredictable.
(b) A chunk of amethyst turned inside out.
(c) A prickly thorn, small but capable of much pain.
(d) A diamond in the rough.
2. What happened to Lucky and Mai Ling, Angel's co-workers, after Angel left Pair-a-Dice?
(a) They moved away.
(b) They worked for another brothel.
(c) They started their own business.
(d) They were killed.
3. How did Angel feel about the camaraderie between the Altmans?
(a) She was confused by it.
(b) She was amused by it.
(c) She was terrified by it.
(d) She was captivated by it.
4. Why did Angel want Michael to show her how to cook?
(a) So that she could learn a new skill for another job.
(b) So she'd know how cook for herself when she had her own place.
(c) So that she would have another chore to help pass the time.
(d) So that she'd be able to cook a good, hearty meal for Michael.
5. When Michael Hosea sees Angel for the first time, what does God tells him?
(a) "Take my yoke upon you."
(b) "This one, beloved."
(c) "Those without sin may cast the first stone."
(d) "For I know the plans I have for you..."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offered Angel a job in Sacramento?
2. What did Miriam ask Michael a "man's opinion" about?
3. Why didn't Angel want to fall in love?
4. What did Paul want Michael to do about his marriage to Angel?
5. Why did Duke want to have Angel under his control?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)