|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael tell the Joseph Hochschild he's going to do with his gold?
(a) Buy a house in town.
(b) Use it to court Angel.
(c) Use it to invest in more land.
(d) Buy a couple head of cattle.
2. What did Angel believe would ease the heaviness inside of her?
(a) A good nights sleep.
(b) Getting her money from the Duchess.
(c) Praying to Michael's God.
(d) Hard work and daily chores.
3. When Duke said, "No one could ever touch you," what was Angel's reply?
(a) "You did."
(b) "Michael did."
(c) "Least of all you."
(d) "No one!"
4. How did Angel try to make up her betrayal to Michael?
(a) By going to church.
(b) By labor.
(c) With a gift.
(d) With a kiss.
5. What does Jacob Altman say that he would trade for a spoonful of plum jam?
(a) Gramma's ring.
(b) His right hand.
(c) Papa's watch.
(d) His sister's life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Angel feel about the Altmans doing chores?
2. "Like a beacon in the darkness," where did Angel go to when she arrived in Sacramento?
3. When Angel wanted to leave the store, what excuse did Joseph tell Angel to keep her at work?
4. In Chapter 19, whose rules does Angel say she wants to live by?
5. How many days was Angel delirious at Michael's cabin before she awakened?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)