|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Michael get Angel out the Silver Dollar after she ran away from the Valley?
(a) He bribed their way out.
(b) He snuck them out.
(c) He kidnapped her.
(d) He fought their way out.
2. What does a panic-stricken Miriam ask Angel to help her with in Chapter 24?
(a) Getting Ruthie out of a tree.
(b) Catching a Godly man.
(c) Making apple sauce.
(d) Dressing a chicken for dinner.
3. What does Angel compare herself to when talking to Miriam Altman?
(a) A wild dog, rabid and unpredictable.
(b) A prickly thorn, small but capable of much pain.
(c) A chunk of amethyst turned inside out.
(d) A diamond in the rough.
4. Why did Angel jump off the wagon when Michael tried to take her home?
(a) She thought he was going to punish her.
(b) She was angry and wanted to walk.
(c) She didn't want to go back to the cabin.
(d) She didn't want to sit close to him.
5. "Like a beacon in the darkness," where did Angel go to when she arrived in Sacramento?
(a) Hochschild's General Mercantile.
(b) The local brothel.
(c) The Lucky Dollar Saloon.
(d) Last Chance Livery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angel mentally tabulate how much time and money Michael has spent on nursing her back to health and training her for independence?
2. What was in the pocket-sized packet that Miriam give to Michael for Angel?
3. What made Angel feel guilty when she returned to the cabin?
4. How did Duke require his mistress to look?
5. How did Angel get revenge on Michael for her stained hands?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)