|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Angel want to fall in love?
(a) She wanted to be free to court with other men, never to settle down.
(b) She thought it meant losing control of her emotions, will and life.
(c) She didn't want to be a mother and housewife for the rest of her life.
(d) Her greatest desire was to be left alone, to answer to no one.
2. Why did Duke want to have Angel under his control?
(a) Because of her beauty and grace.
(b) Because he wanted her close.
(c) Because of the power she gave him.
(d) Because he loved her.
3. When Elizabeth was in labor, what chore did she want to finish before giving birth?
(a) Mending clothes.
(b) Cleaning windows.
(c) Washing dishes.
(d) Scrubbing the floor.
4. What did the Altmans name their new baby boy?
(a) Paul Simon.
(b) Benjamin Michael.
(c) Murphy Joe.
(d) Michael Paul.
5. What was in the pocket-sized packet that Miriam give to Michael for Angel?
(a) A poem about sisterhood.
(b) Seeds for a flower garden.
(c) A scripture about love.
(d) A jeweled hair comb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michael leave Angel alone in the cabin?
2. Angel was anxious to leave the store to avoid Michael, who was coming for the stove. Who was waiting for Angel at the end of that particular working day?
3. When Paul sees Angel, he thinks she's beautiful and dangerous. What biblical character does he not compare her to?
4. What did Angel think was the great original sin?
5. "Like a beacon in the darkness," where did Angel go to when she arrived in Sacramento?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)