|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacob Altman say that he would trade for a spoonful of plum jam?
(a) Papa's watch.
(b) Gramma's ring.
(c) His right hand.
(d) His sister's life.
2. How did Duke require his mistress to look?
(a) Like a school marm, proper and polite.
(b) Clean face, braids, dressed in pastels and ribbons.
(c) Sophisticated and wordly in dressing gowns.
(d) Long hair curled with a made-up face.
3. How is Paul related to Michael?
(a) He is Michael's cousin.
(b) He was Michael's stepbrother.
(c) He is Michael's oldest brother.
(d) He was married to Michael's sister.
4. Who helped Michael rescue Angel from the Palace?
5. Angel begins to like life in the little cabin. She feels comfortable and safe except for one thing. What is it?
(a) The unpredictable weather.
(b) Michael Hosea.
(c) The difficult chores.
(d) Her memories of the Palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angel wanted to leave the store, what excuse did Joseph tell Angel to keep her at work?
2. What happened to Lucky and Mai Ling, Angel's co-workers, after Angel left Pair-a-Dice?
3. After her first week on her feet, why did Angel finally come out of the cabin?
4. "Like a beacon in the darkness," where did Angel go to when she arrived in Sacramento?
5. How did Michael get Angel out the Silver Dollar after she ran away from the Valley?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)