|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Paul before he came back to the valley?
(a) On the Yuba, panning for gold.
(b) In Pair-a-Dice working at a bar.
(c) On a fishing expedition in Alaska.
(d) In the mountains, looking for God.
2. What does Angel tells Michael that she knows all about?
3. When Michael was telling Angel his plans for the land and the cabin, Angel said that he had enough work planned to last a long while. What was his reply?
(a) "It'll take us a lifetime."
(b) "We will do it together."
(c) "It won't take too long."
(d) "It will keep us busy for a while."
4. Why does Angel mentally tabulate how much time and money Michael has spent on nursing her back to health and training her for independence?
(a) So she can tell everyone how much he cares for her.
(b) So she can repay him for every hour and ounce.
(c) In order to thank him for all of his efforts.
(d) In order to mock him for his wasted efforts.
5. What did Angel believe would ease the heaviness inside of her?
(a) Hard work and daily chores.
(b) Praying to Michael's God.
(c) A good nights sleep.
(d) Getting her money from the Duchess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Michael rescue Angel from the Palace?
2. Why does Michael leave Angel alone in the cabin?
3. Angel begins to like life in the little cabin. She feels comfortable and safe except for one thing. What is it?
4. Why wasn't Paul happy for Michael when he heard of Michael's marriage?
5. When Angel tells Michael, "You and God better not expect much," he replies ...
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)