|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Michael leave Angel alone in the cabin?
(a) To give her time to think.
(b) In order to visit with the neighbors.
(c) Because he's afraid to be alone with her.
(d) So that she will do chores.
2. How is Paul related to Michael?
(a) He was Michael's stepbrother.
(b) He was married to Michael's sister.
(c) He is Michael's cousin.
(d) He is Michael's oldest brother.
3. What does Angel tells Michael that she knows all about?
4. Why did Michael decide to go back to Pair-a-Dice?
(a) He needed some supplies for winter.
(b) He wanted to look up an old friend.
(c) He had decided to find a wife.
(d) He had a bad dream about Angel.
5. Where was Paul before he came back to the valley?
(a) In the mountains, looking for God.
(b) On a fishing expedition in Alaska.
(c) In Pair-a-Dice working at a bar.
(d) On the Yuba, panning for gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angel mentally tabulate how much time and money Michael has spent on nursing her back to health and training her for independence?
2. Why does Michael call Angel by a new name, Amanda?
3. What did Paul want Michael to do about his marriage to Angel?
4. When Michael was telling Angel his plans for the land and the cabin, Angel said that he had enough work planned to last a long while. What was his reply?
5. When Angel tells Michael to call her whatever he wants, what does he name her?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)