|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Angel believe would ease the heaviness inside of her?
(a) Praying to Michael's God.
(b) A good nights sleep.
(c) Hard work and daily chores.
(d) Getting her money from the Duchess.
2. What does Michael tell the Joseph Hochschild he's going to do with his gold?
(a) Buy a couple head of cattle.
(b) Use it to invest in more land.
(c) Buy a house in town.
(d) Use it to court Angel.
3. After her first week on her feet, why did Angel finally come out of the cabin?
(a) She wanted to get to work to pay back Michael.
(b) She was bored and tired of being cooped up in the cabin.
(c) She wanted to see how close civilization was.
(d) She was lonely, and wanted Michael's company.
4. Whose clothes did Michael give to Angel at the cabin?
(a) Ones he made.
(b) His sister's.
(c) His mother's.
(d) A stranger's.
5. When Michael was telling Angel his plans for the land and the cabin, Angel said that he had enough work planned to last a long while. What was his reply?
(a) "It won't take too long."
(b) "It'll take us a lifetime."
(c) "It will keep us busy for a while."
(d) "We will do it together."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michael leave Angel alone in the cabin?
2. Why did Michael decide to go back to Pair-a-Dice?
3. What does Michael tell Angel to listen to in order to help her rest at his cabin?
4. Why does Angel mentally tabulate how much time and money Michael has spent on nursing her back to health and training her for independence?
5. When Angel asks Michael, "What sort of name is Hosea?" what is his reply?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)