|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the major lesson Angel remembers learning from Duke?
(a) To grow old gracefully.
(b) To pretend.
(c) To hide her money.
(d) To look beautiful.
2. How is Paul related to Michael?
(a) He is Michael's oldest brother.
(b) He was Michael's stepbrother.
(c) He is Michael's cousin.
(d) He was married to Michael's sister.
3. When Paul sees Angel, he thinks she's beautiful and dangerous. What biblical character does he not compare her to?
4. Why did Angel want Michael to show her how to cook?
(a) So she'd know how cook for herself when she had her own place.
(b) So that she could learn a new skill for another job.
(c) So that she would have another chore to help pass the time.
(d) So that she'd be able to cook a good, hearty meal for Michael.
5. Why does Michael leave Angel alone in the cabin?
(a) In order to visit with the neighbors.
(b) Because he's afraid to be alone with her.
(c) To give her time to think.
(d) So that she will do chores.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michael and Angel are married, what does she say instead of "yes"?
2. When Angel asks Michael, "What sort of name is Hosea?" what is his reply?
3. Where was Paul before he came back to the valley?
4. When Michael was telling Angel his plans for the land and the cabin, Angel said that he had enough work planned to last a long while. What was his reply?
5. When Angel tells Michael to call her whatever he wants, what does he name her?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)