|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Angel wanted to leave the store, what excuse did Joseph tell Angel to keep her at work?
(a) That she had to prove she was worth the pay.
(b) There wouldn't be money to pay her until later.
(c) Michael was coming for the stove.
(d) Meribah hurt her back.
2. Angel begins to like life in the little cabin. She feels comfortable and safe except for one thing. What is it?
(a) The unpredictable weather.
(b) Her memories of the Palace.
(c) The difficult chores.
(d) Michael Hosea.
3. What members of the Altman family died on their way to Oregon?
(a) A sister and family pet.
(b) An aunt and uncle.
(c) A son and grandma.
(d) Twin baby daughters.
4. Why did Angel jump off the wagon when Michael tried to take her home?
(a) She didn't want to go back to the cabin.
(b) She was angry and wanted to walk.
(c) She didn't want to sit close to him.
(d) She thought he was going to punish her.
5. In Chapter 19, whose rules does Angel say she wants to live by?
(a) "The Golden Rule."
(b) "My own."
(c) "God's laws."
(d) "Yours, Michael."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacob Altman say that he would trade for a spoonful of plum jam?
2. Why does Angel mentally tabulate how much time and money Michael has spent on nursing her back to health and training her for independence?
3. What happened to Magowan after Angel left Pair-a-Dice?
4. Why did Angel run away from Michael a second time?
5. How did Michael get Angel out the Silver Dollar after she ran away from the Valley?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)