|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Angel do for a job when she returned to Pair-a-Dice?
(a) She became a clerk at the general store.
(b) She became the boss of The Palace.
(c) She became a cook at a local restaurant.
(d) She became a prostitute in the Silver Dollar.
2. How many days was Angel delirious at Michael's cabin before she awakened?
(a) Three days.
(b) One and a half days.
(c) Two hours.
(d) One week.
3. "Like a beacon in the darkness," where did Angel go to when she arrived in Sacramento?
(a) Hochschild's General Mercantile.
(b) The Lucky Dollar Saloon.
(c) Last Chance Livery.
(d) The local brothel.
4. Why did Angel run away from Michael a second time?
(a) She fell in love with Michael.
(b) Paul kept trying to intimidate her.
(c) Michael expected too much from her.
(d) The Altmans discovered the truth about her past.
5. In Chapter 19, whose rules does Angel say she wants to live by?
(a) "Yours, Michael."
(b) "The Golden Rule."
(c) "My own."
(d) "God's laws."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miriam Altman say about dogs and children?
2. When Angel returns to Pair-a-Dice, what happens to The Palace?
3. Why did Michael ask Angel to pick up walnuts?
4. Angel was anxious to leave the store to avoid Michael, who was coming for the stove. Who was waiting for Angel at the end of that particular working day?
5. When Angel tells Michael, "You and God better not expect much," he replies ...
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)