|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Michael decide to go back to Pair-a-Dice?
(a) He had a bad dream about Angel.
(b) He wanted to look up an old friend.
(c) He needed some supplies for winter.
(d) He had decided to find a wife.
2. "Like a beacon in the darkness," where did Angel go to when she arrived in Sacramento?
(a) The local brothel.
(b) The Lucky Dollar Saloon.
(c) Hochschild's General Mercantile.
(d) Last Chance Livery.
3. Who helped Angel leave Michael for the second time?
(b) Miriam Altman.
(c) Sam Teal.
4. Why did Angel jump off the wagon when Michael tried to take her home?
(a) She didn't want to sit close to him.
(b) She didn't want to go back to the cabin.
(c) She thought he was going to punish her.
(d) She was angry and wanted to walk.
5. Who helped Michael rescue Angel from the Palace?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, whose rules does Angel say she wants to live by?
2. What happened to Magowan after Angel left Pair-a-Dice?
3. Angel was anxious to leave the store to avoid Michael, who was coming for the stove. Who was waiting for Angel at the end of that particular working day?
4. How many days was Angel delirious at Michael's cabin before she awakened?
5. Angel begins to like life in the little cabin. She feels comfortable and safe except for one thing. What is it?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)