|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Michael get Angel out the Silver Dollar after she ran away from the Valley?
(a) He bribed their way out.
(b) He snuck them out.
(c) He fought their way out.
(d) He kidnapped her.
2. How did Angel feel about the camaraderie between the Altmans?
(a) She was amused by it.
(b) She was confused by it.
(c) She was terrified by it.
(d) She was captivated by it.
3. "Like a beacon in the darkness," where did Angel go to when she arrived in Sacramento?
(a) The Lucky Dollar Saloon.
(b) The local brothel.
(c) Last Chance Livery.
(d) Hochschild's General Mercantile.
4. When Angel wanted to leave the store, what excuse did Joseph tell Angel to keep her at work?
(a) Meribah hurt her back.
(b) There wouldn't be money to pay her until later.
(c) Michael was coming for the stove.
(d) That she had to prove she was worth the pay.
5. What happened to Lucky and Mai Ling, Angel's co-workers, after Angel left Pair-a-Dice?
(a) They started their own business.
(b) They were killed.
(c) They worked for another brothel.
(d) They moved away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Magowan after Angel left Pair-a-Dice?
2. In Chapter 19, whose rules does Angel say she wants to live by?
3. How many days was Angel delirious at Michael's cabin before she awakened?
4. What does Miriam Altman say about dogs and children?
5. Why did Angel jump off the wagon when Michael tried to take her home?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)