|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helped Michael rescue Angel from the Palace?
2. "Like a beacon in the darkness," where did Angel go to when she arrived in Sacramento?
(a) Last Chance Livery.
(b) The local brothel.
(c) The Lucky Dollar Saloon.
(d) Hochschild's General Mercantile.
3. Angel was anxious to leave the store to avoid Michael, who was coming for the stove. Who was waiting for Angel at the end of that particular working day?
(c) Miriam Altman.
(d) The Duchess.
4. Why did Michael decide to go back to Pair-a-Dice?
(a) He wanted to look up an old friend.
(b) He had a bad dream about Angel.
(c) He had decided to find a wife.
(d) He needed some supplies for winter.
5. In Chapter 19, whose rules does Angel say she wants to live by?
(a) "Yours, Michael."
(b) "God's laws."
(c) "The Golden Rule."
(d) "My own."
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Michael get Angel out the Silver Dollar after she ran away from the Valley?
2. How many days was Angel delirious at Michael's cabin before she awakened?
3. Why did Angel run away from Michael a second time?
4. What did Angel believe would ease the heaviness inside of her?
5. Angel begins to like life in the little cabin. She feels comfortable and safe except for one thing. What is it?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)