|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Angel wanted to leave the store, what excuse did Joseph tell Angel to keep her at work?
(a) Meribah hurt her back.
(b) That she had to prove she was worth the pay.
(c) There wouldn't be money to pay her until later.
(d) Michael was coming for the stove.
2. When Michael and Angel are married, what does she say instead of "yes"?
(a) "Why not?"
(c) Nothing at all.
(d) "Oh, no."
3. Why did Michael decide to go back to Pair-a-Dice?
(a) He needed some supplies for winter.
(b) He had decided to find a wife.
(c) He wanted to look up an old friend.
(d) He had a bad dream about Angel.
4. In Chapter 19, whose rules does Angel say she wants to live by?
(a) "Yours, Michael."
(b) "God's laws."
(c) "The Golden Rule."
(d) "My own."
5. What did Angel do for a job when she returned to Pair-a-Dice?
(a) She became a clerk at the general store.
(b) She became a cook at a local restaurant.
(c) She became a prostitute in the Silver Dollar.
(d) She became the boss of The Palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angel tells Michael, "You and God better not expect much," he replies ...
2. What does Michael tell Angel to listen to in order to help her rest at his cabin?
3. Why did Michael ask Angel to pick up walnuts?
4. How did Angel feel about the camaraderie between the Altmans?
5. Angel begins to like life in the little cabin. She feels comfortable and safe except for one thing. What is it?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)