|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 19, whose rules does Angel say she wants to live by?
(a) "God's laws."
(b) "My own."
(c) "The Golden Rule."
(d) "Yours, Michael."
2. What happened to Lucky and Mai Ling, Angel's co-workers, after Angel left Pair-a-Dice?
(a) They moved away.
(b) They were killed.
(c) They started their own business.
(d) They worked for another brothel.
3. When Michael and Angel are married, what does she say instead of "yes"?
(a) "Oh, no."
(b) Nothing at all.
(d) "Why not?"
4. Why does Angel mentally tabulate how much time and money Michael has spent on nursing her back to health and training her for independence?
(a) In order to thank him for all of his efforts.
(b) So she can tell everyone how much he cares for her.
(c) In order to mock him for his wasted efforts.
(d) So she can repay him for every hour and ounce.
5. Why did Michael decide to go back to Pair-a-Dice?
(a) He needed some supplies for winter.
(b) He wanted to look up an old friend.
(c) He had decided to find a wife.
(d) He had a bad dream about Angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michael call Angel by a new name, Amanda?
2. What does Miriam Altman say about dogs and children?
3. Who offered Angel a job in Sacramento?
4. What members of the Altman family died on their way to Oregon?
5. Who helped Angel leave Michael for the second time?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)