|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days was Angel delirious at Michael's cabin before she awakened?
(a) One and a half days.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Three days.
(d) One week.
2. What did Angel do for a job when she returned to Pair-a-Dice?
(a) She became the boss of The Palace.
(b) She became a cook at a local restaurant.
(c) She became a prostitute in the Silver Dollar.
(d) She became a clerk at the general store.
3. What did Angel believe would ease the heaviness inside of her?
(a) A good nights sleep.
(b) Hard work and daily chores.
(c) Praying to Michael's God.
(d) Getting her money from the Duchess.
4. In Chapter 19, whose rules does Angel say she wants to live by?
(a) "God's laws."
(b) "The Golden Rule."
(c) "Yours, Michael."
(d) "My own."
5. Why did Angel run away from Michael a second time?
(a) Paul kept trying to intimidate her.
(b) The Altmans discovered the truth about her past.
(c) She fell in love with Michael.
(d) Michael expected too much from her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michael call Angel by a new name, Amanda?
2. Angel was anxious to leave the store to avoid Michael, who was coming for the stove. Who was waiting for Angel at the end of that particular working day?
3. "Like a beacon in the darkness," where did Angel go to when she arrived in Sacramento?
4. What does Miriam Altman say about dogs and children?
5. What happened to Magowan after Angel left Pair-a-Dice?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)