|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Angel begins to like life in the little cabin. She feels comfortable and safe except for one thing. What is it?
(a) Michael Hosea.
(b) Her memories of the Palace.
(c) The difficult chores.
(d) The unpredictable weather.
2. What happened to Lucky and Mai Ling, Angel's co-workers, after Angel left Pair-a-Dice?
(a) They started their own business.
(b) They moved away.
(c) They worked for another brothel.
(d) They were killed.
3. Why did Michael decide to go back to Pair-a-Dice?
(a) He wanted to look up an old friend.
(b) He had a bad dream about Angel.
(c) He needed some supplies for winter.
(d) He had decided to find a wife.
4. How did Angel get revenge on Michael for her stained hands?
(a) By breaking the window.
(b) By refusing to do chores.
(c) By not talking to him.
(d) By ruining his dinner.
5. Who offered Angel a job in Sacramento?
(a) A stranger.
(b) The Duchess.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angel tells Michael, "You and God better not expect much," he replies ...
2. How did Michael get Angel out the Silver Dollar after she ran away from the Valley?
3. What does Michael tell Angel to listen to in order to help her rest at his cabin?
4. "Like a beacon in the darkness," where did Angel go to when she arrived in Sacramento?
5. In Chapter 19, whose rules does Angel say she wants to live by?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)