|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael tell Angel to listen to in order to help her rest at his cabin?
(a) A mocking bird outside the window.
(b) The crackling of the fire.
(c) Him reading out of the Bible.
(d) The babbling brook nearby.
2. Who helped Angel leave Michael for the second time?
(a) Sam Teal.
(d) Miriam Altman.
3. Who helped Michael rescue Angel from the Palace?
4. What happened to Lucky and Mai Ling, Angel's co-workers, after Angel left Pair-a-Dice?
(a) They started their own business.
(b) They moved away.
(c) They were killed.
(d) They worked for another brothel.
5. When Angel tells Michael, "You and God better not expect much," he replies ...
(a) "I want everything."
(b) "God will supply all my needs."
(c) "I don't want anything."
(d) "Time waits for no man."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacob Altman say that he would trade for a spoonful of plum jam?
2. Why does Angel mentally tabulate how much time and money Michael has spent on nursing her back to health and training her for independence?
3. Why does Michael call Angel by a new name, Amanda?
4. Angel begins to like life in the little cabin. She feels comfortable and safe except for one thing. What is it?
5. What members of the Altman family died on their way to Oregon?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)