|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael tell Angel to listen to in order to help her rest at his cabin?
(a) The babbling brook nearby.
(b) The crackling of the fire.
(c) Him reading out of the Bible.
(d) A mocking bird outside the window.
2. Angel was anxious to leave the store to avoid Michael, who was coming for the stove. Who was waiting for Angel at the end of that particular working day?
(a) The Duchess.
(b) Miriam Altman.
3. What does Miriam Altman say about dogs and children?
(a) They always know when a storm is coming.
(b) They keep you warm at night.
(c) They are a faithful and true companion.
(d) They can always pick a tenderhearted person.
4. How did Angel feel about the camaraderie between the Altmans?
(a) She was captivated by it.
(b) She was amused by it.
(c) She was confused by it.
(d) She was terrified by it.
5. Why does Michael call Angel by a new name, Amanda?
(a) He was tired of calling her Mara.
(b) He wanted to name her after his mother.
(c) He thought it sounded gentle and loving.
(d) She asked him to call her that.
Short Answer Questions
1. Angel begins to like life in the little cabin. She feels comfortable and safe except for one thing. What is it?
2. Why did Michael decide to go back to Pair-a-Dice?
3. What happened to Magowan after Angel left Pair-a-Dice?
4. When Angel wanted to leave the store, what excuse did Joseph tell Angel to keep her at work?
5. Why does Angel mentally tabulate how much time and money Michael has spent on nursing her back to health and training her for independence?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)