|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Michael showed Angel compassion after she returned to the cabin, she asks why. What was his response?
(a) "Because you would do the same for me if I was in your shoes."
(b) "Because for some of us, one mile can be farther to walk than thirty."
(c) "Because I have walked a mile in your shoes."
(d) "Because God told me to care for you and to nurture you."
2. What Christmas gift did Angel make for Miriam?
(a) A dried-flower garland with satin ribbons.
(b) A cornhusk doll with yarn hair.
(c) A new apron with delicate lace.
(d) A jar of homemade applesauce.
3. Who did Michael say that Angel fell in love with instead of him?
(c) The valley.
(d) The Altmans.
4. When Angel says she's a door a thousand men have walked through, what does Michael say she is?
(a) A frozen lake, waiting for a spring thaw.
(b) A locked trunk, full of dark secrets.
(c) A window with pretty curtains, open for all to see.
(d) A stone wall, four feet thick and a hundred feet high.
5. Who read the Christmas story at the Altman house?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angel left Michael for the third time, what did she put in Miriam's hand?
2. What did John Altman talk about like it was heaven?
3. What did Ruth Altman say that she ate once when she was little?
4. Where did Angel and Michael spend their last night together before she left for the third time?
5. Why did Angel decide to leave Michael for the third time?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)