|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Angel left Michael for the third time, what did she put in Miriam's hand?
(a) Her wedding ring.
(b) A note for Michael.
(c) Her Bible.
(d) A piece of corn.
2. What Christmas gift did Angel make for Miriam?
(a) A cornhusk doll with yarn hair.
(b) A dried-flower garland with satin ribbons.
(c) A new apron with delicate lace.
(d) A jar of homemade applesauce.
3. When Michael showed Angel compassion after she returned to the cabin, she asks why. What was his response?
(a) "Because for some of us, one mile can be farther to walk than thirty."
(b) "Because God told me to care for you and to nurture you."
(c) "Because you would do the same for me if I was in your shoes."
(d) "Because I have walked a mile in your shoes."
4. What does Angel say when Michael asks her if he's gotten inside her heart?
(a) "You and five other men."
(b) "Like a knife wound."
(c) "A little."
5. Why did Angel decide to leave Michael for the third time?
(a) She believed that he would eventually leave her for another.
(b) She wanted him to be with someone who could have children.
(c) She believed that he didn't really love her as he claimed.
(d) She wanted to finally be free and to live on her own.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Michael say that Angel fell in love with instead of him?
2. What did John Altman talk about like it was heaven?
3. Where did Angel and Michael spend their last night together before she left for the third time?
4. When Angel thinks that everyone she draws close to leaves, what does she say is deadly?
5. What did Ruth Altman say that she ate once when she was little?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)