|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Angel and Michael spend their last night together before she left for the third time?
(a) On the hill where he showed her the sunrise.
(b) By the stream where they camped for the night.
(c) Under the stars, looking at the moon.
(d) In the cabin where they'd made a home.
2. What did Angel do when she wanted to leave and Michael asked if they could talk it over?
(a) She slapped him in the face.
(b) She walked away.
(c) She started to cry uncontrollably.
(d) She began to laugh in his face.
3. When Angel says she's a door a thousand men have walked through, what does Michael say she is?
(a) A frozen lake, waiting for a spring thaw.
(b) A window with pretty curtains, open for all to see.
(c) A stone wall, four feet thick and a hundred feet high.
(d) A locked trunk, full of dark secrets.
4. What Christmas gift did Angel make for Miriam?
(a) A new apron with delicate lace.
(b) A jar of homemade applesauce.
(c) A cornhusk doll with yarn hair.
(d) A dried-flower garland with satin ribbons.
5. What does Angel compare herself to when talking to Miriam Altman?
(a) A prickly thorn, small but capable of much pain.
(b) A wild dog, rabid and unpredictable.
(c) A diamond in the rough.
(d) A chunk of amethyst turned inside out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who read the Christmas story at the Altman house?
2. What did Ruth Altman say that she ate once when she was little?
3. When Michael showed Angel compassion after she returned to the cabin, she asks why. What was his response?
4. What does Angel say when Michael asks her if he's gotten inside her heart?
5. What did John Altman talk about like it was heaven?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)