|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Christmas gift did Angel make for Miriam?
(a) A cornhusk doll with yarn hair.
(b) A jar of homemade applesauce.
(c) A dried-flower garland with satin ribbons.
(d) A new apron with delicate lace.
2. Who read the Christmas story at the Altman house?
3. What does Angel compare herself to when talking to Miriam Altman?
(a) A wild dog, rabid and unpredictable.
(b) A prickly thorn, small but capable of much pain.
(c) A chunk of amethyst turned inside out.
(d) A diamond in the rough.
4. When Angel left Michael for the third time, what did she put in Miriam's hand?
(a) A note for Michael.
(b) A piece of corn.
(c) Her Bible.
(d) Her wedding ring.
5. Why did Angel decide to leave Michael for the third time?
(a) She believed that he didn't really love her as he claimed.
(b) She wanted to finally be free and to live on her own.
(c) She wanted him to be with someone who could have children.
(d) She believed that he would eventually leave her for another.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Angel and Michael spend their last night together before she left for the third time?
2. What gift made Miriam furious when she received it?
3. What did Miriam Altman say about Paul in Chapter 20?
4. What does Angel say when Michael asks her if he's gotten inside her heart?
5. When Angel thinks that everyone she draws close to leaves, what does she say is deadly?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)