|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Christmas gift did Angel make for Miriam?
(a) A dried-flower garland with satin ribbons.
(b) A jar of homemade applesauce.
(c) A cornhusk doll with yarn hair.
(d) A new apron with delicate lace.
2. What gift made Miriam furious when she received it?
(a) Michael's gift of a book.
(b) Paul's gift of candy.
(c) Her mother's gift of undergarments.
(d) Her father's gift of a shovel.
3. When Michael showed Angel compassion after she returned to the cabin, she asks why. What was his response?
(a) "Because you would do the same for me if I was in your shoes."
(b) "Because I have walked a mile in your shoes."
(c) "Because God told me to care for you and to nurture you."
(d) "Because for some of us, one mile can be farther to walk than thirty."
4. What did Angel do when she wanted to leave and Michael asked if they could talk it over?
(a) She walked away.
(b) She began to laugh in his face.
(c) She started to cry uncontrollably.
(d) She slapped him in the face.
5. What does Angel say when Michael asks her if he's gotten inside her heart?
(a) "Like a knife wound."
(b) "You and five other men."
(d) "A little."
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John Altman talk about like it was heaven?
2. What happened when Angel came in from her ordeal in the rain?
3. When Angel says she's a door a thousand men have walked through, what does Michael say she is?
4. When Angel left Michael for the third time, what did she put in Miriam's hand?
5. What did Miriam Altman say about Paul in Chapter 20?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)