|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Michael showed Angel compassion after she returned to the cabin, she asks why. What was his response?
(a) "Because you would do the same for me if I was in your shoes."
(b) "Because I have walked a mile in your shoes."
(c) "Because God told me to care for you and to nurture you."
(d) "Because for some of us, one mile can be farther to walk than thirty."
2. What did John Altman talk about like it was heaven?
(b) The valley.
3. Why did Angel decide to leave Michael for the third time?
(a) She wanted him to be with someone who could have children.
(b) She believed that he would eventually leave her for another.
(c) She believed that he didn't really love her as he claimed.
(d) She wanted to finally be free and to live on her own.
4. What does Angel compare herself to when talking to Miriam Altman?
(a) A diamond in the rough.
(b) A wild dog, rabid and unpredictable.
(c) A prickly thorn, small but capable of much pain.
(d) A chunk of amethyst turned inside out.
5. What gift made Miriam furious when she received it?
(a) Her father's gift of a shovel.
(b) Michael's gift of a book.
(c) Her mother's gift of undergarments.
(d) Paul's gift of candy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Michael say that Angel fell in love with instead of him?
2. Who read the Christmas story at the Altman house?
3. What happened when Angel came in from her ordeal in the rain?
4. What did Miriam Altman say about Paul in Chapter 20?
5. When Angel left Michael for the third time, what did she put in Miriam's hand?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)