Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry feel about the enemy?
2. As the regiment weakens, what is the effect on the lieutenant?
3. What happens when Henry asks one of the soldiers what is happening?
4. What is Henry advised to avoid putting pressure on his head wound?
5. Who do Henry and his friend tell what they have overheard?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about how THE RED BADGE OF COURAGE is not just a Civil War story but rather a story about the effects of war on young, impressionable minds. In your essay explain how this story could be set during any war in the history of the world.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the effects of rumor. In your paper, include how rumors get started and why they are most often wrong. Also mention how difficult it is to deny rumor when the majority of people around firmly believe the rumor is true. Explain when rumor can become dangerous.
Essay Topic 3
Write a critique of THE RED BADGE OF COURAGE. In your critique mention Crane's use of literary devices, his ability as a story teller, whether the novel held your interest to keep on reading, and whether you would recommend it to other readers.
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)