Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry feel about the enemy?
2. As the regiment weakens, what is the effect on the lieutenant?
3. What happens when Henry asks one of the soldiers what is happening?
4. What is Henry advised to avoid putting pressure on his head wound?
5. Who do Henry and his friend tell what they have overheard?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about comfort in numbers. Beginning with Henry's seeing a large number of men and wagons leaving the battlefield and how he was comforted by the thought that he was not the only one to desert the battle, write your essay about how people seek comfort in numbers. Explain that, as in Henry's case, the numbers may not be what one thinks they are.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about symbols that move people emotionally or cause them to act honorably. In your essay discuss symbols that particularly move you. Describe how such symbols cause reactions in people to whom they have special meaning.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about advertisements for young men and women to join the military. Give your opinion on that as a recruitment process. Include how the attractiveness of the advertisement does not include the realities of being ordered into a war zone.
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)