Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry feel about the enemy?
2. As the regiment weakens, what is the effect on the lieutenant?
3. What happens when Henry asks one of the soldiers what is happening?
4. What is Henry advised to avoid putting pressure on his head wound?
5. Who do Henry and his friend tell what they have overheard?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about growing into maturity. Usually it is a gradual process, unlike the two day transformation of Henry. In your essay include circumstances besides war that might cause a young person to mature quickly. [e.g., parents dying in a car accident leaving an older child to care for the younger ones]
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the difficulty of keeping guilty secrets. Using Henry's second encounter with the tattered man, write about how hard it is to keep secrets when there are countless unanswered questions. Include why people often try to hide the truth and why it usually comes to the surface eventually anyway.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about finding the good that comes out of bad situations. Explain how the Civil War, one of the darkest hours in our history, resulted in a strong unified Republic. In your essay explain what might have happened if the South had succeeded in seceding from the Union.
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)