|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry surmise as the men swarm toward where he is?
2. After getting his wound treated, what does Henry do?
3. What are the men doing in the forest as Henry nears his regiment?
4. When the orders come, where is Henry's regiment gong?
5. As the regiment weakens, what is the effect on the lieutenant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay with the thesis that no one should be forced to go to war. n addition to soldiers who daily witness the carnage and destruction, include the civilians who are faced with trying to cope with the devastation of their land and their lives.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about how THE RED BADGE OF COURAGE is not just a Civil War story but rather a story about the effects of war on young, impressionable minds. In your essay explain how this story could be set during any war in the history of the world.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the loneliness of being away from home. The essay should include the psychological effects of being in unfamiliar surroundings, and how some people handle such separation better than others. Include, also, the challenges of different customs and physical surroundings in a strange place.
This section contains 1,215 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)