Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry feel about the enemy?
2. As the regiment weakens, what is the effect on the lieutenant?
3. What happens when Henry asks one of the soldiers what is happening?
4. What is Henry advised to avoid putting pressure on his head wound?
5. Who do Henry and his friend tell what they have overheard?
Write an essay with the thesis that no one should be forced to go to war. n addition to soldiers who daily witness the carnage and destruction, include the civilians who are faced with trying to cope with the devastation of their land and their lives.
Write an essay about finding the good that comes out of bad situations. Explain how the Civil War, one of the darkest hours in our history, resulted in a strong unified Republic. In your essay explain what might have happened if the South had succeeded in seceding from the Union.
Write an essay on why there is no glamor in war. Include those combatants who do not return, those who return with physical injuries, and those who return with PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) to illustrate your thesis. Also include the casualties of innocent civilians.
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)