Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry feel about the enemy?
2. As the regiment weakens, what is the effect on the lieutenant?
3. What happens when Henry asks one of the soldiers what is happening?
4. What is Henry advised to avoid putting pressure on his head wound?
5. Who do Henry and his friend tell what they have overheard?
Write an essay on the difficulty of keeping guilty secrets. Using Henry's second encounter with the tattered man, write about how hard it is to keep secrets when there are countless unanswered questions. Include why people often try to hide the truth and why it usually comes to the surface eventually anyway.
Write an essay about the effects on the people soldiers leave behind when they go off to war. Begin with Henry's mother and the dark-haired girl. Then include more modern examples of this kind of separation.
Write an essay on the loneliness of being away from home. The essay should include the psychological effects of being in unfamiliar surroundings, and how some people handle such separation better than others. Include, also, the challenges of different customs and physical surroundings in a strange place.
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)