Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the retreating men not see?
2. How does Henry begin to imagine himself?
3. Why has Henry delayed so many times from enlisting in the army?
4. What makes Henry believe that at last his chance to prove himself has come?
5. What does the lieutenant do to the boy who tries to run away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reality of the situation during this first battle?
2. How does Henry mentally separate himself from other men?
3. How does Henry distinguish himself that day?
4. How does Henry realize things are not going as they should?
5. How has Wilson changed since the first days of military camp?
6. Explain how Henry begins to think about death.
7. What does Henry want to do when he happens upon a general astride a magnificent horse?
8. What action does Henry take when the regiment begins to show signs of running down?
9. What is the first rumor that gets started as a result of the battle?
10. What does Henry observe as weariness comes over his comrades?
Write an essay about a student trying to rationalize away his or her not having done assigned homework. In the essay give examples of several excuses the student might make. Then point out why teachers seldom fall for such rationalizations.
Write an essay with the thesis that no one should be forced to go to war. n addition to soldiers who daily witness the carnage and destruction, include the civilians who are faced with trying to cope with the devastation of their land and their lives.
Write an essay on the importance of the red badge of courage to the theme of Stephen Crane's novel. Evaluate the title as to it effectiveness in arousing a reader to select the book. Also discuss how this badge differs from what is usually thought of as a badge of honor.
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)