|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry rationalize his railing at nature while he was on the run?
(a) Hunger made him irrational.
(b) The doomed and the damned are allowed to do it.
(c) He had been confused and disoriented.
(d) He didn't really mean it.
2. What is Henry's first impression as he wakes the next morning after returning to his regiment?
(a) He thinks that maybe the war is over.
(b) He wonders why everything is so quiet.
(c) He first thinks the sleeping men are corpses.
(d) He cannot remember where he is.
3. What does a higher ranking officer do to the lieutenant?
(a) Gives him a commendation.
(b) Relieves him of duty.
(c) Orders him to report to the general.
(d) Belittles him for not going farther.
4. Where does Henry take refuge?
(a) under a wagon
(b) behind a dead soldier
(c) behind a small tree
(d) in a cave
5. What effect does the report of the lieutenant's chastisement have on the troops?
(a) makes them resolved to do better next time
(b) raises their hopes
(c) makes them laugh
(d) lowers their morale
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry advised to avoid putting pressure on his head wound?
2. What does his friend do to try and help Henry?
3. Who does Henry spot as he approaches his regiment?
4. How does most of the regiment react to the news of their charge against the enemy?
5. What does Henry see on the faces of sleeping soldiers?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)