|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men at the front of the unit do when they halt in some trees?
(a) let the men ehind them come forward
(b) bow their heads and accept death
(c) drink water and rest a moment
(d) start looking for a white flag
2. What starts the battle in the forest?
(a) an order from the lieutenant
(b) a canon blast
(c) a Rebel yell
(d) a single gunshot
3. What surprises Henry about his head wound?
(a) It is bleeding profusely.
(b) It has blurred his vision.
(c) It feels like he is going to die.
(d) It doesn't hurt as much as he thought it would.
4. Who do Henry and his friend overhear on the road?
(a) a wounded soldier begging another soldier to shoot him
(b) some Rebel officers
(c) the general and a major
(d) two of their regiment planning to desert
5. What dangerous undertaking does Henry do after the flag bearer is killed?
(a) He stands up and fires wildly.
(b) He takes charge of carrying the flag.
(c) He runs to inform the lieutenant.
(d) He runs into the trees to shoot whoever killed the flag bearer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What angers Henry this time as the battle begins?
2. What is Henry advised to avoid putting pressure on his head wound?
3. Describe the man who helps Henry locate his regiment?
4. How does Henry feel about the enemy?
5. After getting his wound treated, what does Henry do?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)