|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once in position, what does Henry see?
(a) a long clearing with sandbag walls on the far side
(b) a long stretch of burned out forest
(c) a row of Rebel canons aimed in his direction
(d) a long stretch of cleared wood with flashes of rifle fire
2. What is the sound Henry hears as he fixes his eyes on a clump of trees?
(a) a low, growling sound
(b) the sound of laoding rigles
(c) the song of birds
(d) the Rebel yell
3. How does Henry rationalize his railing at nature while he was on the run?
(a) The doomed and the damned are allowed to do it.
(b) Hunger made him irrational.
(c) He didn't really mean it.
(d) He had been confused and disoriented.
4. What does the regiment know of the military machinery behind their orders to charge the Rebels?
(a) all the details
(b) only when they will be relieved
(c) exactly what the final plan is
5. What other secret do Henry and his friend share?
(a) that after the charge they will be sent home
(b) that not many of the regiment will survive the charge
(c) that they will get extra pay for the charge
(d) that they will all receive medals for the charge
Short Answer Questions
1. What dangerous undertaking does Henry do after the flag bearer is killed?
2. Why do some of the men move back frantically?
3. As the regiment weakens, what is the effect on the lieutenant?
4. What is Henry's resolve during the battle?
5. Who does Henry hope to impress one day?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)