|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the charge, what gives Henry momentum to keep going?
(a) the shouts of the lieutenant
(b) the sport of the kill
(c) the drums and bugles
(d) the red, white, and blue flag
2. What begins happening all around Henry?
(a) blue uniformed men are falling to the ground
(b) bullets whizzing by his ears
(c) troops advancing from the rear
(d) grass fires starting
3. What does a Major volunteer Henry's regiment to do?
(a) return to base
(b) charge the enemy
(c) ambush the Rebels from behind
(d) collect the bodies of the fallen
4. What are the men doing in the forest as Henry nears his regiment?
(a) getting ready to sleep
(b) digging holes in the ground
(c) walking in circles
(d) looking for something to eat
5. When the orders come, where is Henry's regiment gong?
(a) back to base for more training
(b) to circle around behind the Rebel army
(c) to relieve another regiment in the trenches
(d) to join other regiments about to charge the Rebels
Short Answer Questions
1. What other secret do Henry and his friend share?
2. Who does Henry hope to impress one day?
3. What do the officers expect to find among the men?
4. What causes the regiment to slow its advance against the Rebels?
5. What is Henry's first impression as he wakes the next morning after returning to his regiment?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)