|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry imagine himself doing sometime in the future?
(a) telling his stories by candlelight in a parlor
(b) writing a book about his adventures
(c) lecturing young men on going to war
(d) training young soldiers in rifle shooting
2. As the men of the regiment fight like wild animals, what happens suddenly?
(a) Canons start firing.
(b) Henry loses his rifle.
(c) Henry loses the flag.
(d) The Rebels disappear.
3. What does Henry realize about the tattered man?
(a) that he, too, is about to die
(b) that he does not suspect Henry
(c) that he is faking his wounds
(d) that he is simply lonely
4. After the pipe smoking friend leaves Henry, how does he feel?
(a) sure that he will not run away
(b) sure now that he will run away from battle
(c) proud that he has such a friend
(d) more alone than ever
5. What happens when Henry sees a man in front of him drop his rifle and run away?
(a) He yells for the lieutenant.
(b) He takes a bullet in the arm.
(c) He panics and runs too.
(d) He shoots the man in the back.
Short Answer Questions
1. At twilight after running aimlessly in the woods, what sound does Henry hear?
2. Describe the man who helps Henry locate his regiment?
3. What other secret do Henry and his friend share?
4. What begins happening all around Henry?
5. What is Henry's act of bravery?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)