|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry conclude would never rage at nature?
(a) a man who never makes mistakes
(b) a man who believes in God
(c) a man who doesn't think too much
(d) a man with a full stomach and self-respect
2. Why must they charge the Rebels?
(a) It is getting late in the day.
(b) They are surrounded.
(c) They cannot retreat.
(d) It is their only hope.
3. What do some of the soldiers do to make marching easier?
(a) make jokes
(b) hold hands
(c) shed their knapsacks
4. After the battle is over when Henry distinguished himself, what do he and his friend attempt to do?
(a) keep out of sight
(b) start a marching song
(c) help a wounded soldier
(d) inspire the troops
5. As a boy, how had Henry imagined himself ?
(a) as a politician
(b) as a school teacher
(c) as a gentleman farmer
(d) as a hero in wars
Short Answer Questions
1. After Henry's performance in the battle where he had to be called back to the line, how is Henry perceived by his peers?
2. How is Henry shooting and reloading as the Rebels arrive?
3. What does Henry realize could happen to him as he runs down the road?
4. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
5. What do the men at the front of the unit do when they halt in some trees?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)