|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After walking around all morning, where does the regiment go?
(a) back to Washington D. C.
(b) back to the same ground it had taken in the morning
(c) back to the original camp
(d) over near the banks of a river
2. As the noise of the battle grows louder, what does Henry see that confuses him?
(a) a chance to slip back in unnoticed
(b) the Rebels being pushed back
(c) fewer wounded
(d) men leaving the battlefield
3. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
(a) all right if it only means a new camp
(b) all right if there is a battle at the end of it
(c) all right because it keeps them in shape
(d) all right because it is better than doing nothing
4. What happens to Henry physically as he marches on toward the battle?
(a) He aches from pain, thirst, and hunger.
(b) He becomes nauseated.
(c) He trips over a dead soldier.
(d) He falls and breaks an arm.
5. What does Henry realize about the tattered man?
(a) that he is faking his wounds
(b) that he, too, is about to die
(c) that he is simply lonely
(d) that he does not suspect Henry
Short Answer Questions
1. After the battle is over when Henry distinguished himself, what do he and his friend attempt to do?
2. What results from the order to move?
3. When the orders come, where is Henry's regiment gong?
4. What seems to be happening to Henry's perception as the shooting starts?
5. How close is the enemy at this time?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)