|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry hope to impress one day?
(a) his mother and her pastor
(b) his mother and the dark haired girl
(c) the people who live around his farm
(d) the students at his old school
2. What does his friend do to try and help Henry?
(a) spoon feed him
(b) check his bandage
(c) help him stand
(d) locate a rifle
3. How is this charge a turning point for the regiment?
(a) They now see that it is possible to win.
(b) They refuse to fight again.
(c) They no longer fear death.
(d) They learn how to reload faster.
4. As the Rebels bear down on them, how does Henry feel?
(a) like a man with a purpose
(b) like a hunted animal
(c) like a charging bull
(d) like a fly on a tree
5. What dangerous undertaking does Henry do after the flag bearer is killed?
(a) He runs into the trees to shoot whoever killed the flag bearer.
(b) He runs to inform the lieutenant.
(c) He takes charge of carrying the flag.
(d) He stands up and fires wildly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens the morning after the rumor of going to war was circulated around the regiment?
2. When Henry meets up with a wounded man, what does the man want to know?
3. What causes Henry's moment of panic?
4. What angers Henry this time as the battle begins?
5. What returns to Henry in his thoughts as he waits for orders?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)