|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the shooting starts?
(a) The Rebels jump up and run.
(b) A bugle sounds retreat.
(c) Men on the front line begin falling.
(d) Henry runs away again.
2. What is Henry's reply when the tattered man asks again about his wounds?
(a) that his wound is a broken hand that cannot fire a gun
(b) that he doesn't want to talk about it
(c) that he was knocked unconscious and his head hurts
(d) that his wound is under his shirt and the bandages stopped the bleeding
3. Why is Henry ordered to get Jim off the road?
(a) A battery is approaching.
(b) Snipers may shoot him.
(c) He is walking too slow.
(d) There are holes in the road.
4. How close is the enemy at this time?
(a) close enough to see their faces
(b) close enough to hit with a stone
(c) close enough to fight hand to hand
(d) close enough to hear what they say
5. What does a higher ranking officer do to the lieutenant?
(a) Orders him to report to the general.
(b) Belittles him for not going farther.
(c) Gives him a commendation.
(d) Relieves him of duty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
2. Why does Henry wipe his eyes with his coat sleeve?
3. What surprises Henry about his head wound?
4. Why is Henry only watching the action in this latest battle?
5. After the battle is over when Henry distinguished himself, what do he and his friend attempt to do?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)