|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men at the front of the unit do when they halt in some trees?
(a) let the men ehind them come forward
(b) start looking for a white flag
(c) bow their heads and accept death
(d) drink water and rest a moment
2. How is Henry shooting and reloading as the Rebels arrive?
(b) very slowly
(c) not very methodically
(d) like a machine
3. Once in position, what does Henry see?
(a) a long clearing with sandbag walls on the far side
(b) a long stretch of cleared wood with flashes of rifle fire
(c) a long stretch of burned out forest
(d) a row of Rebel canons aimed in his direction
4. What happens as the smoke begins to clear?
(a) Henry lets go of the flag.
(b) The Rebels are charging Henry's regiment.
(c) The men begin to cheer.
(d) The bugles sound another charge.
5. What does Henry imagine himself doing sometime in the future?
(a) training young soldiers in rifle shooting
(b) lecturing young men on going to war
(c) telling his stories by candlelight in a parlor
(d) writing a book about his adventures
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's reply when the tattered man asks again about his wounds?
2. Who does Henry hope to impress one day?
3. Who does Henry spot as he approaches his regiment?
4. Who does Henry conclude would never rage at nature?
5. As a victim of nature, what does Henry feel he is being denied?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)