|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men at the front of the unit do when they halt in some trees?
(a) drink water and rest a moment
(b) bow their heads and accept death
(c) start looking for a white flag
(d) let the men ehind them come forward
2. What does Henry see that is his first encounter with the reality of war?
(a) an abandoned canon
(b) the body of a dead soldier
(c) wounded soldiers coming back the other way
(d) destroyed fields
3. What are all the men doing after the battle?
(a) thanking God
(b) making small talk
(d) keeping quiet
4. What angers Henry this time as the battle begins?
(a) that the generals have not planned well
(b) that he does not have enough ammunition
(c) that he had had no time to recuperate
(d) that the insects keep buzzing around
5. Where does Henry's mother think he could be put to better use than in the army?
(a) on the farm
(b) in the navy
(c) as a postman
(d) in a schoolroom
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the lieutenant do to the boy who tries to run away?
2. Describe the man who helps Henry locate his regiment?
3. What is the sound Henry hears as he fixes his eyes on a clump of trees?
4. When Henry meets up with a wounded man, what does the man want to know?
5. What is distant and surreal in Henry's mind?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)