|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instinctively, what does Henry feel about the future?
(a) His mother will not welcome him home.
(b) He is hopelessly lost.
(c) He will have to live in exile.
(d) He will work his way out of his predicament.
2. When the colonel and other officers appear, what is he shouting?
(a) They must take cover.
(b) They must charge the enemy.
(c) They must surrender.
(d) They must retreat.
3. Where does Henry take refuge?
(a) behind a small tree
(b) behind a dead soldier
(c) under a wagon
(d) in a cave
4. Who is the friend that Henry notices has changed since he last saw him?
(a) the loud soldier
(b) the joking soldier
(c) the singing soldier
(d) the tall soldier
5. What is it that Henry believes he is the only man who can see?
(a) that war is nature's way of sorting out the fittest humans
(b) that war is nature's way of duping men into being victims
(c) that war is nonsense invented by madmen
(d) that war is a game for bored civilians to play like chess
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the regiment treated on the way to Washington?
2. As the regiment weakens, what is the effect on the lieutenant?
3. What question begins to disturb Henry before he goes to battle?
4. Who do Henry and his friend tell what they have overheard?
5. How does Henry imagine the battle sounds he hears at night?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)