|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the lieutenant order the complaining men to do?
(a) think good thoughts
(b) get some sleep
(c) be quiet and save their energy
(d) start moving closer to the enemy
2. What is the pipe smoking friend's reply when Henry asks if he might run away from battle?
(a) He says he probably will.
(b) He says he isn't sure.
(c) He says he doesn't know.
(d) He says it isn't possible.
3. What new fear rises in Henry as the result of the tattered man's question about his wounds?
(a) that he might get wounded like him
(b) that he will be sent back to the front
(c) that the man knows he is a deserter
(d) that he will be found out
4. Who does Henry spot as he approaches his regiment?
(a) the lieutenant
(c) the sergeant
5. After the pipe smoking friend leaves Henry, how does he feel?
(a) proud that he has such a friend
(b) sure now that he will run away from battle
(c) sure that he will not run away
(d) more alone than ever
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Henry only watching the action in this latest battle?
2. What describes the noises Henry hears coming from the Rebels?
3. Climbing over a fence, what does Henry discover?
4. What does Henry first blame for his guilty condition?
5. What amazes Henry after the Rebels retreat?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)