|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry's last view of the tattered man?
(a) falling under the wheels of a caisson
(b) headed back the wrong way
(c) falling on his face in the road
(d) walking aimlessly in a field
2. What is Henry's first impulse as he watches the battle?
(a) to give up and go home
(b) to wound himself
(c) to return and fight
(d) to kill himself
3. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
(a) as physically weaker than the ones who stayed
(b) as having superior intellect
(c) as being more of a hero than they
(d) as being more stupid than his comrades
4. What happens when the shooting starts?
(a) A bugle sounds retreat.
(b) The Rebels jump up and run.
(c) Henry runs away again.
(d) Men on the front line begin falling.
5. What happens to Henry physically as he marches on toward the battle?
(a) He falls and breaks an arm.
(b) He trips over a dead soldier.
(c) He aches from pain, thirst, and hunger.
(d) He becomes nauseated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the tattered man say about wounds you cannot see?
2. What does Wilson help Henry do?
3. What is Henry's reply when the tattered man asks again about his wounds?
4. What happens the morning after the rumor of going to war was circulated around the regiment?
5. How does Henry know that the Union forces had won this second battle?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)