|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry rationalize his railing at nature while he was on the run?
(a) The doomed and the damned are allowed to do it.
(b) He had been confused and disoriented.
(c) Hunger made him irrational.
(d) He didn't really mean it.
2. What is Henry's last view of the tattered man?
(a) falling under the wheels of a caisson
(b) walking aimlessly in a field
(c) headed back the wrong way
(d) falling on his face in the road
3. What does Henry surmise as the men swarm toward where he is?
(a) that the battle is lost
(b) that he had fallen asleep
(c) that they are looking for him
(d) that he will be trampled
4. Once in position, what does Henry see?
(a) a long clearing with sandbag walls on the far side
(b) a row of Rebel canons aimed in his direction
(c) a long stretch of cleared wood with flashes of rifle fire
(d) a long stretch of burned out forest
5. What is Henry's act of bravery?
(a) He manages to carry the flag and shoot at the same time.
(b) He defies the orders of the colonel.
(c) He lets out a yell and charges the Rebels alone.
(d) He moves ahead with the flag and urges the men to follow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does the report of the lieutenant's chastisement have on the troops?
2. What do the Union soldiers do as the Rebels advance?
3. Who do Henry and his friend overhear on the road?
4. What does Henry imagine himself doing sometime in the future?
5. What does Wilson help Henry do?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)