|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry see on the faces of sleeping soldiers?
2. Who does Henry conclude would never rage at nature?
(a) a man who believes in God
(b) a man who doesn't think too much
(c) a man with a full stomach and self-respect
(d) a man who never makes mistakes
3. As the noise of the battle grows louder, what does Henry see that confuses him?
(a) men leaving the battlefield
(b) fewer wounded
(c) the Rebels being pushed back
(d) a chance to slip back in unnoticed
4. What is distant and surreal in Henry's mind?
(a) that officers hold his life in their hands
(b) that the war happens in his own country
(c) that political differences can start a war
(d) that things go on as usual back at home
5. What does Henry imagine himself doing sometime in the future?
(a) training young soldiers in rifle shooting
(b) lecturing young men on going to war
(c) writing a book about his adventures
(d) telling his stories by candlelight in a parlor
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one of Henry's tent mates ask him to do?
2. Where does Henry's mother think he could be put to better use than in the army?
3. After the charge, how do the men know they are safe?
4. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
5. What rumor passing through the regiment begins the novel?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)