|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the friend that Henry notices has changed since he last saw him?
(a) the tall soldier
(b) the joking soldier
(c) the loud soldier
(d) the singing soldier
2. What does Henry's mother do for him before he leaves?
(a) brushes his uniform
(b) knits him some socks
(c) cuts his hair
(d) bakes him some cookies
3. When Henry meets up with a wounded man, what does the man want to know?
(a) what time it is
(b) where he can find some water
(c) where he was wounded
(d) where he left his rifle
4. Who do Henry and his friend overhear on the road?
(a) some Rebel officers
(b) two of their regiment planning to desert
(c) the general and a major
(d) a wounded soldier begging another soldier to shoot him
5. When the orders come, where is Henry's regiment gong?
(a) to relieve another regiment in the trenches
(b) to circle around behind the Rebel army
(c) back to base for more training
(d) to join other regiments about to charge the Rebels
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry imagine the battle sounds he hears at night?
2. What does one of Henry's tent mates ask him to do?
3. What does Henry wonder about seeing?
4. What immobilizes Henry to prevent him for seeking out his regiment?
5. What puts Henry to sleep the first night in the new camp?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)