|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What angers Henry this time as the battle begins?
(a) that the insects keep buzzing around
(b) that the generals have not planned well
(c) that he does not have enough ammunition
(d) that he had had no time to recuperate
2. What would Henry like to find by looking into the eyes of a corpse?
(a) the answer to his big question
(b) if he is still alive
(c) if the soldier had any pain
(d) if he is a yankee or a rebel
3. What other secret do Henry and his friend share?
(a) that they will get extra pay for the charge
(b) that not many of the regiment will survive the charge
(c) that they will all receive medals for the charge
(d) that after the charge they will be sent home
4. What does Henry first blame for his guilty condition?
(a) the man in front of him who ran
(b) the generals
5. How are Henry's comrades behaving in the face of imminent warfare?
(a) They refuse to think about it.
(b) They give off airs of being fearless.
(c) They keep to themselves like Henry.
(d) They tell stoies about their bravery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings Henry out of his stupor?
2. What unexpected action does Henry take?
3. What happens when Henry asks one of the soldiers what is happening?
4. What does Henry see on the faces of sleeping soldiers?
5. Climbing over a fence, what does Henry discover?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)