|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry spot as he approaches his regiment?
(b) the lieutenant
(d) the sergeant
2. What rumor passing through the regiment begins the novel?
(a) that Lincoln has been shot
(b) that the war is over
(c) that Rebs have surrounded the camp
(d) that they will fight tomorrow
3. What follows the men returning from the battlefield?
(a) catcalls and bullets whizzing by their heads
(b) military ambulance wagons
(c) stray dogs afraid of the noise
(d) horses that have lost their riders
4. Why does the lieutenant hold his hand away from his body?
(a) so the men will turn left
(b) so everyone can see his wound
(c) so he can grab his pistol quickly
(d) so the blood wouldn't drip on his pants
5. What does the tattered man say about wounds you cannot see?
(a) that they don't usually amount to much
(b) that they don't leave a scar
(c) that they are usually fatal
(d) that often they are the worst ones
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry see his current suffering?
2. What does the lieutenant do to the boy who tries to run away?
3. What does Henry realize could happen to him as he runs down the road?
4. What do the retreating men not see?
5. As a victim of nature, what does Henry feel he is being denied?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)