|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Henry jealous of the men leaving the battlefield?
(a) He imagines they are the chosen ones.
(b) He sees them leaving without shame.
(c) He realizes he would have been one of them.
(d) He imagines they will get medals.
2. What dangerous undertaking does Henry do after the flag bearer is killed?
(a) He runs into the trees to shoot whoever killed the flag bearer.
(b) He stands up and fires wildly.
(c) He runs to inform the lieutenant.
(d) He takes charge of carrying the flag.
3. As the regiment weakens, what is the effect on the lieutenant?
(a) He is shot in the head.
(b) He falls off his horse.
(c) He is less enthusiastic.
(d) He stops giving orders.
4. How is the regiment treated on the way to Washington?
(a) feasted at each stop
(b) ignored by everyone
(c) railed by angry citizens
(d) kept out of the towns
5. Describe the man who helps Henry locate his regiment?
(a) He is young and idealistic.
(b) He is stern and judgmental.
(c) He is a cheery and kind old man.
(d) He is gruff and uncompromising.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry begin to think it would be better to be killed?
2. What happens when Henry sees a man in front of him drop his rifle and run away?
3. How does Henry begin to feel about the battle he had been in?
4. What does Henry see that is his first encounter with the reality of war?
5. Who impresses Henry when he stops by the school to say good-bye?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)