|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are all the men doing after the battle?
(a) thanking God
(c) making small talk
(d) keeping quiet
2. What is the feeling among the regiment?
(a) They will have to fight on empty stomachs today.
(b) The Rebels will be defeated in no time.
(c) The battle will take weeks.
(d) The Union soldiers will all be massacred.
3. How does Henry begin to feel about the battle he had been in?
(a) that he had not understood the danger
(b) that it was only a minor incident
(c) that it had all been a dream
(d) that it was far more dnagerous than what he ran from
4. What causes Henry's moment of panic?
(a) He remembers he forgot to pray that morning.
(b) He is momentarily blinded by the smoke.
(c) He doesn't remember loading his rifle.
(d) He remembers thinking about running.
5. Describe the man who helps Henry locate his regiment?
(a) He is young and idealistic.
(b) He is a cheery and kind old man.
(c) He is gruff and uncompromising.
(d) He is stern and judgmental.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry wonder about seeing?
2. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
3. What dangerous undertaking does Henry do after the flag bearer is killed?
4. What does Henry realize could happen to him as he runs down the road?
5. How has Henry always viewed himself in the world?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)