|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he comes closer to the enemy, what does Henry realize is a great opportunity?
(a) to light a grass fire
(b) to shoot the Rebel colonel
(c) to capture the enemy flag
(d) to show the men an opening
2. What does one of Henry's tent mates ask him to do?
(a) to say a prayer for him
(b) to get him to a medic
(c) to take a few things to his folks
(d) to cover him while he rushes the line
3. What brings Henry out of his stupor?
(a) The lieutenant kicks him.
(b) Someone cries out that the enemy is coming.
(c) He hears the Rebel war cry.
(d) A bullet whizzes by his head.
4. What is Henry's first impression as he wakes the next morning after returning to his regiment?
(a) He thinks that maybe the war is over.
(b) He first thinks the sleeping men are corpses.
(c) He wonders why everything is so quiet.
(d) He cannot remember where he is.
5. What makes it difficult for them to make out anything in front of them?
(a) the rain
(b) the smoke
(c) the fog
(d) the darkness
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the whole scene appear to Henry?
2. What is the sound Henry hears as he fixes his eyes on a clump of trees?
3. Why has Henry delayed so many times from enlisting in the army?
4. What starts the battle in the forest?
5. What is it that Henry believes he is the only man who can see?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)