|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does most of the regiment react to the news of their charge against the enemy?
(a) with disbelief
(b) ralllying with anticipation
(c) objecting loudly
2. Who is the officer who chastises the lieutenant?
(a) the one who lost his horse
(b) the one who called them mule drivers
(c) the one who carrys the battalion flag
(d) the one who advises the general
3. What does Henry hear in the early morning?
(a) thunder in the distance
(b) birds singing in the trees
(c) crickets chirping
(d) bugles in many camps
4. What begins happening all around Henry?
(a) troops advancing from the rear
(b) bullets whizzing by his ears
(c) grass fires starting
(d) blue uniformed men are falling to the ground
5. How are the troops feeling as they are still on the move?
(a) They can march like this for hours without resting.
(b) The heat and fatigue are overwhelming,
(c) They are happy and singing.
(d) They have high hopes of reaching the front.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Henry's regiment the morning he expects to be his first battle?
2. How does Henry feel about the enemy?
3. What is the feeling among the regiment?
4. What new fear rises in Henry as the result of the tattered man's question about his wounds?
5. When the Rebels charge them again, how does Henry now feel?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)