|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry imagine himself doing sometime in the future?
(a) telling his stories by candlelight in a parlor
(b) training young soldiers in rifle shooting
(c) lecturing young men on going to war
(d) writing a book about his adventures
2. What unexpected action does Henry take?
(a) He starts running toward the battle sounds.
(b) He climbs a tree to wait for the battle to come to him.
(c) He circles around to get near the Rebel army.
(d) He runs deeper into the woods.
3. Who is the officer who chastises the lieutenant?
(a) the one who advises the general
(b) the one who called them mule drivers
(c) the one who lost his horse
(d) the one who carrys the battalion flag
4. How does he think men perceive him?
(a) as a piece of trash
(b) as a worm in an apple
(c) as a mindless monkey
(d) as a greased pig
5. As the noise of the battle grows louder, what does Henry see that confuses him?
(a) the Rebels being pushed back
(b) men leaving the battlefield
(c) fewer wounded
(d) a chance to slip back in unnoticed
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Henry sees a man in front of him drop his rifle and run away?
2. What do the men at the front of the unit do when they halt in some trees?
3. What describes the noises Henry hears coming from the Rebels?
4. Describe the man who helps Henry locate his regiment?
5. What does a Major volunteer Henry's regiment to do?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)