|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Henry like to find by looking into the eyes of a corpse?
(a) the answer to his big question
(b) if he is a yankee or a rebel
(c) if the soldier had any pain
(d) if he is still alive
2. How does Henry explain his absence from the regiment.
(a) He says he was there all the time but no one saw him.
(b) He says he got separated and received a head wound.
(c) He says a lieutenant sent him on an errand.
(d) He says his wound knocked him unconscious.
3. What angers Henry this time as the battle begins?
(a) that the generals have not planned well
(b) that the insects keep buzzing around
(c) that he does not have enough ammunition
(d) that he had had no time to recuperate
4. At what is Henry's anger directed during the battle?
(a) the smoke
(b) the noise
(c) the heat
(d) the lieutenants
5. How has Henry always viewed himself in the world?
(a) as unimportant and useless
(b) as different from other men
(c) as one who always follows orders
(d) as less intelligent than others
Short Answer Questions
1. As a boy, how had Henry imagined himself ?
2. What does the regiment know of the military machinery behind their orders to charge the Rebels?
3. What warning does Henry's mother give her son?
4. What does Henry think the lieutenant is lacking?
5. Who does Henry meet up with as he walks with the wounded?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)