|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry picture the advancing Rebels?
(a) as a red and green dragon
(b) as an advancing freight train
(c) as a swarm of bees
(d) as a great cloud of thunder
2. What unexpected action does Henry take?
(a) He circles around to get near the Rebel army.
(b) He runs deeper into the woods.
(c) He climbs a tree to wait for the battle to come to him.
(d) He starts running toward the battle sounds.
3. What results from the order to move?
(a) They march into an ambush.
(b) They march several miles and return to camp.
(c) They march for hours and set up another camp.
(d) They march into Washington for a parade.
4. Instinctively, what does Henry feel about the future?
(a) His mother will not welcome him home.
(b) He is hopelessly lost.
(c) He will have to live in exile.
(d) He will work his way out of his predicament.
5. Who catches up to Henry after Jim Conklin dies?
(a) the tattered man
(b) the lieutenant
(c) the field doctor
(d) the general
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the lieutenant do to the boy who tries to run away?
2. What puts Henry to sleep the first night in the new camp?
3. Who does Henry spot as he approaches his regiment?
4. What do the retreating men not see?
5. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)