|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry recall while waiting for marching orders?
(a) the corpses in the field
(b) Jim Conklin's death
(c) the yellow envelope
(d) the dead soldier
2. What does Henry feel at times about the wounded men?
3. What does Henry see that is his first encounter with the reality of war?
(a) an abandoned canon
(b) the body of a dead soldier
(c) wounded soldiers coming back the other way
(d) destroyed fields
4. What describes the noises Henry hears coming from the Rebels?
(a) snarls, prayers, and cheers
(b) songs and drum beats
(c) pipes and harmonicas
(d) curses and cries of pain
5. Who catches up to Henry after Jim Conklin dies?
(a) the lieutenant
(b) the general
(c) the field doctor
(d) the tattered man
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry conclude would never rage at nature?
2. How does Henry explain his absence from the regiment.
3. What does Henry's friend reply to his offer to help him walk?
4. What does the regiment know of the military machinery behind their orders to charge the Rebels?
5. What does a Major volunteer Henry's regiment to do?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)