|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry's reply when the tattered man asks again about his wounds?
(a) that he was knocked unconscious and his head hurts
(b) that his wound is under his shirt and the bandages stopped the bleeding
(c) that his wound is a broken hand that cannot fire a gun
(d) that he doesn't want to talk about it
2. What is Henry's first impulse as he watches the battle?
(a) to wound himself
(b) to return and fight
(c) to give up and go home
(d) to kill himself
3. How does Henry begin to imagine himself?
(a) becoming a wise general
(b) as a leader to end all wars
(c) receiving a special commendation
(d) lying dead on a battlefield
4. What does Henry feel at times about the wounded men?
5. What makes Henry believe that at last his chance to prove himself has come?
(a) Many officers ride into camp from the front.
(b) Extra firing practice is ordered.
(c) Sounds of battle get near the camp.
(d) The regiment is ordered to move.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what is Henry's anger directed during the battle?
2. What does Henry hear in the early morning?
3. Describe the man who helps Henry locate his regiment?
4. After the pipe smoking friend leaves Henry, how does he feel?
5. What happens when the shooting starts?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)