|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry feel about the enemy?
(a) that there are so many of them
(b) that they are better shots than the Union soldiers
(c) that they give up too easily
(d) that they never seem to tire
2. Who do Henry and his friend tell what they have overheard?
(a) the medics
(b) their sergeant
(c) their other friends in the regiment
(d) their lieutenant
3. After Henry's performance in the battle where he had to be called back to the line, how is Henry perceived by his peers?
(a) as a war devil
(b) as a whirlwind
(c) as a deceiver
(d) as a coward
4. What does it feel like to Henry as he waits for the Rebels to charge?
(a) like being buried alive
(b) like suffocating in a vat of oil
(c) like what he imagines the judgment day is like
(d) like waiting for a parade to start when the circus comes to his village
5. How is the horror personified among Henry's regiment?
(a) Officers cursing the twist of fate
(b) Comrades falling dead in front of them
(c) Panic among the officers
(d) Blood dripping from the returning soldiers
Short Answer Questions
1. What sudden event takes place after the first retreat of the Rebels?
2. What does Henry realize could happen to him as he runs down the road?
3. What does Henry learn about other men in his regiment?
4. When they stop running, what do the men begin to build?
5. What results from the order to move?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)