|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the orders come, where is Henry's regiment gong?
(a) to relieve another regiment in the trenches
(b) back to base for more training
(c) to circle around behind the Rebel army
(d) to join other regiments about to charge the Rebels
2. What is distant and surreal in Henry's mind?
(a) that officers hold his life in their hands
(b) that the war happens in his own country
(c) that political differences can start a war
(d) that things go on as usual back at home
3. What question is Henry's first rationalization for his having run away?
(a) Wasn't saving himself the same as saving a piece of the army?
(b) Weren't there a lot of others who had run before he did?
(c) Hadn't the lieutenant ordered him to drop back?
(d) Didn't he stay close enough that no one would notice him?
4. Who do Henry and his friend tell what they have overheard?
(a) their sergeant
(b) their other friends in the regiment
(c) their lieutenant
(d) the medics
5. How does Henry's question about his bravery continue?
(a) He puts it all out of his mind.
(b) He makes a joke of the idea.
(c) He tries to calculate the odds of his running away.
(d) He has terrible dreams of running away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
2. What is it that Henry believes he is the only man who can see?
3. After Henry's performance in the battle where he had to be called back to the line, how is Henry perceived by his peers?
4. What does Henry first blame for his guilty condition?
5. What sudden event takes place after the first retreat of the Rebels?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)