|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry's first impulse as he watches the battle?
(a) to kill himself
(b) to return and fight
(c) to wound himself
(d) to give up and go home
2. What does Henry wonder about seeing?
(a) the bullet that will pierce his body
(b) the monster from which all these men were fleeing
(c) the next sunrise
(d) the angel of death
3. How does the pipe-smoking friend try to encourage Henry?
(a) by telling him jokes
(b) by saying they will be side by side
(c) by predicting he will do great things
(d) by getting his mind off battle
4. Why does Henry begin to think it would be better to be killed?
(a) to have his troubles ended
(b) to get some rest
(c) to escape his duty
(d) to teach a lesson to the lieutenant
5. How does Henry's question about his bravery continue?
(a) He puts it all out of his mind.
(b) He has terrible dreams of running away.
(c) He makes a joke of the idea.
(d) He tries to calculate the odds of his running away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry hope to impress one day?
2. What are all the men doing after the battle?
3. After the battle is over when Henry distinguished himself, what do he and his friend attempt to do?
4. What is Henry's last view of the tattered man?
5. Instinctively, what does Henry feel about the future?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)