|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it feel like to Henry as he waits for the Rebels to charge?
(a) like what he imagines the judgment day is like
(b) like suffocating in a vat of oil
(c) like being buried alive
(d) like waiting for a parade to start when the circus comes to his village
2. What happens when Henry asks one of the soldiers what is happening?
(a) He gets hit in the head with a rifle butt.
(b) He gets stabbed with a bayonet.
(c) He is told to shut up and run.
(d) He is cursed as a deserter.
3. How does Henry first feel when he realizes that the Union has won the second battle?
(a) confused and disbelieving
(b) betrayed in a way
(c) afraid of what will happen to him now
4. What brings Henry out of his stupor?
(a) He hears the Rebel war cry.
(b) Someone cries out that the enemy is coming.
(c) A bullet whizzes by his head.
(d) The lieutenant kicks him.
5. What does Henry feel at times about the wounded men?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the regiment treated on the way to Washington?
2. What is Henry's first impression as he wakes the next morning after returning to his regiment?
3. Who does Henry conclude would never rage at nature?
4. How does Henry describe Jim's wounds?
5. What seems to be happening to Henry's perception as the shooting starts?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)