|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry feel about the enemy?
(a) that they are better shots than the Union soldiers
(b) that they never seem to tire
(c) that there are so many of them
(d) that they give up too easily
2. How has Henry always viewed himself in the world?
(a) as unimportant and useless
(b) as different from other men
(c) as less intelligent than others
(d) as one who always follows orders
3. Describe the man who helps Henry locate his regiment?
(a) He is young and idealistic.
(b) He is a cheery and kind old man.
(c) He is stern and judgmental.
(d) He is gruff and uncompromising.
4. What happens when a huge swarm of soldiers retreats with stragglers heading every which way?
(a) their tones change
(b) the sun sets
(c) they move to replace them
(d) the fog lifts
5. What would Henry like to find by looking into the eyes of a corpse?
(a) the answer to his big question
(b) if he is still alive
(c) if he is a yankee or a rebel
(d) if the soldier had any pain
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Henry believe that at last his chance to prove himself has come?
2. How are Henry's comrades behaving in the face of imminent warfare?
3. What is Henry's last view of the tattered man?
4. What awakens Henry one morning?
5. Who does Henry spot as he approaches his regiment?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)