|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the men doing in the forest as Henry nears his regiment?
(a) getting ready to sleep
(b) looking for something to eat
(c) digging holes in the ground
(d) walking in circles
2. What starts the battle in the forest?
(a) a canon blast
(b) a single gunshot
(c) an order from the lieutenant
(d) a Rebel yell
3. What is Henry's first impulse as he watches the battle?
(a) to kill himself
(b) to return and fight
(c) to wound himself
(d) to give up and go home
4. After the battle is over when Henry distinguished himself, what do he and his friend attempt to do?
(a) start a marching song
(b) inspire the troops
(c) keep out of sight
(d) help a wounded soldier
5. Where is Henry's regiment the morning he expects to be his first battle?
(a) among the trees at the edge of a grove
(b) on the banks of a river
(c) near a small Southern village
(d) on an open field
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry advised to avoid putting pressure on his head wound?
2. How does Henry describe his months in camp?
3. How does Henry begin to imagine himself?
4. What does Henry see that is his first encounter with the reality of war?
5. What follows the men returning from the battlefield?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)