|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry's first impulse as he watches the battle?
(a) to wound himself
(b) to kill himself
(c) to return and fight
(d) to give up and go home
2. What does one of Henry's tent mates ask him to do?
(a) to cover him while he rushes the line
(b) to get him to a medic
(c) to say a prayer for him
(d) to take a few things to his folks
3. What does Henry wonder about seeing?
(a) the angel of death
(b) the bullet that will pierce his body
(c) the monster from which all these men were fleeing
(d) the next sunrise
4. What new fear rises in Henry as the result of the tattered man's question about his wounds?
(a) that he will be found out
(b) that he might get wounded like him
(c) that he will be sent back to the front
(d) that the man knows he is a deserter
5. What does Henry see that is his first encounter with the reality of war?
(a) destroyed fields
(b) an abandoned canon
(c) wounded soldiers coming back the other way
(d) the body of a dead soldier
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry hear in the early morning?
2. Coming to his senses, what does Henry realize?
3. What is distant and surreal in Henry's mind?
4. How does Henry begin to feel about the battle he had been in?
5. What happens when a huge swarm of soldiers retreats with stragglers heading every which way?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)