|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry realize could happen to him as he runs down the road?
(a) If he stops for breath, he will never catch up.
(b) If he takes a wrong turn he could be shot.
(c) If he loses his concentration, he might get lost.
(d) If he falls now he will surely be trampled to death.
2. What do the Union soldiers do as the Rebels advance?
(a) say prayers
(b) run for cover
(c) ready their cartridges
(d) hold their breath
3. After getting his wound treated, what does Henry do?
(a) sits and stares into the fire
(b) begs for food and drink
(c) tries to get some sleep
(d) talks to a man by the fire
4. What happens that begins to wear on the men's nerves?
(a) rain that fills the trenches with water
(b) continuing rifle fire with no let up
(c) hours of dead silence from the Rebels
(d) catcalls and Rebel yells
5. Where is Henry's regiment the morning he expects to be his first battle?
(a) near a small Southern village
(b) on the banks of a river
(c) on an open field
(d) among the trees at the edge of a grove
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry realize about the tattered man?
2. How does Henry explain his absence from the regiment.
3. What is Henry's last view of the tattered man?
4. What begins happening as runners come back out of the haze?
5. What is Henry's dark thought about the enemy?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)