|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the noise of the battle grows louder, what does Henry see that confuses him?
(a) a chance to slip back in unnoticed
(b) men leaving the battlefield
(c) fewer wounded
(d) the Rebels being pushed back
2. As the Rebels bear down on them, how does Henry feel?
(a) like a hunted animal
(b) like a man with a purpose
(c) like a fly on a tree
(d) like a charging bull
3. What immobilizes Henry to prevent him for seeking out his regiment?
(a) He cannot make up his mind that he really wants to return.
(b) He no longer has a rifle and cannot go into battle to fight with his hands.
(c) He cannot come up with a good story about where he has been.
(d) He cannot imagine how to find his regiment in all the confusion.
4. When the orders come, where is Henry's regiment gong?
(a) back to base for more training
(b) to circle around behind the Rebel army
(c) to relieve another regiment in the trenches
(d) to join other regiments about to charge the Rebels
5. What is Henry's first impulse as he watches the battle?
(a) to kill himself
(b) to return and fight
(c) to wound himself
(d) to give up and go home
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a Major volunteer Henry's regiment to do?
2. Who does Henry conclude would never rage at nature?
3. What is it that Henry believes he is the only man who can see?
4. Where is Henry's regiment the morning he expects to be his first battle?
5. As a victim of nature, what does Henry feel he is being denied?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)