|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry wonder about seeing?
(a) the next sunrise
(b) the angel of death
(c) the monster from which all these men were fleeing
(d) the bullet that will pierce his body
2. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
(a) as being more stupid than his comrades
(b) as physically weaker than the ones who stayed
(c) as having superior intellect
(d) as being more of a hero than they
3. What returns to Henry in his thoughts as he waits for orders?
(a) the mental and physical agonies he had suffered
(b) the dark haired girl at his school
(c) wondering about his mother
(d) the peacefulness of his home
4. What does Wilson help Henry do?
(a) get treatment for his head injury
(b) get something to eat
(c) locate a place to sleep
(d) find another rifle
5. How does Henry begin to imagine himself?
(a) as a leader to end all wars
(b) becoming a wise general
(c) receiving a special commendation
(d) lying dead on a battlefield
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry think the lieutenant is lacking?
2. Why does Henry wipe his eyes with his coat sleeve?
3. How is the horror personified among Henry's regiment?
4. As the noise of the battle grows louder, what does Henry see that confuses him?
5. What sudden event takes place after the first retreat of the Rebels?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)