|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brings Henry out of his stupor?
(a) The lieutenant kicks him.
(b) Someone cries out that the enemy is coming.
(c) He hears the Rebel war cry.
(d) A bullet whizzes by his head.
2. What does Henry realize could happen to him as he runs down the road?
(a) If he stops for breath, he will never catch up.
(b) If he falls now he will surely be trampled to death.
(c) If he takes a wrong turn he could be shot.
(d) If he loses his concentration, he might get lost.
3. How does most of the regiment react to the news of their charge against the enemy?
(a) ralllying with anticipation
(c) with disbelief
(d) objecting loudly
4. When they stop running, what do the men begin to build?
(a) little hills out of anything they can find
(b) walls around their new camp
(c) log cabins for the officers
(d) small fires to keep warm
5. What makes Henry believe that at last his chance to prove himself has come?
(a) Sounds of battle get near the camp.
(b) The regiment is ordered to move.
(c) Many officers ride into camp from the front.
(d) Extra firing practice is ordered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the lieutenant hold his hand away from his body?
2. What returns to Henry in his thoughts as he waits for orders?
3. What is the feeling among the regiment?
4. How does Henry see his current suffering?
5. Why does Henry wipe his eyes with his coat sleeve?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)