|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Henry is observing the battle, what happens suddenly to frighten him?
(a) Runaway horses begin to stampede.
(b) A bomb blast fall near him.
(c) A lieutenant rides up near where he is hiding.
(d) Dark waves of men sweep out of the woods coming toward him.
2. After the battle is over when Henry distinguished himself, what do he and his friend attempt to do?
(a) keep out of sight
(b) help a wounded soldier
(c) start a marching song
(d) inspire the troops
3. How does the pipe-smoking friend try to encourage Henry?
(a) by getting his mind off battle
(b) by predicting he will do great things
(c) by saying they will be side by side
(d) by telling him jokes
4. What does Henry think the lieutenant is lacking?
(a) his horse
(b) a plan of attack
(c) a loaded rifle
(d) any appreciation for fine minds
5. What is Henry's first impulse as he watches the battle?
(a) to return and fight
(b) to give up and go home
(c) to kill himself
(d) to wound himself
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry surmise as the men swarm toward where he is?
2. What causes Henry's moment of panic?
3. What are the men doing in the forest as Henry nears his regiment?
4. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
5. What does Henry first blame for his guilty condition?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)