|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the troops feeling as they are still on the move?
(a) The heat and fatigue are overwhelming,
(b) They are happy and singing.
(c) They can march like this for hours without resting.
(d) They have high hopes of reaching the front.
2. What awakens Henry one morning?
(a) an explosion
(b) a fire in the camp
(c) a bugle
(d) a kick in the leg
3. What does Henry see his mother doing as he turns to look back?
(a) washing clothes
(b) waving good-bye
(c) hitching up the plow horse
(d) praying and quivering
4. How does Henry imagine the battle sounds he hears at night?
(a) as thunder in the clouds
(b) a red and green dragons
(c) as two panthers fighting
(d) as drums in a parade
5. Who do Henry and his friend tell what they have overheard?
(a) their other friends in the regiment
(b) the medics
(c) their sergeant
(d) their lieutenant
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the tattered man say about wounds you cannot see?
2. What does Henry learn about other men in his regiment?
3. What does Henry think the lieutenant is lacking?
4. What does a Major volunteer Henry's regiment to do?
5. What does Henry feel at times about the wounded men?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)