|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does most of the regiment react to the news of their charge against the enemy?
(a) with disbelief
(c) objecting loudly
(d) ralllying with anticipation
2. Who catches up to Henry after Jim Conklin dies?
(a) the field doctor
(b) the lieutenant
(c) the tattered man
(d) the general
3. What is Henry's first impression as he wakes the next morning after returning to his regiment?
(a) He wonders why everything is so quiet.
(b) He first thinks the sleeping men are corpses.
(c) He thinks that maybe the war is over.
(d) He cannot remember where he is.
4. After the pipe smoking friend leaves Henry, how does he feel?
(a) sure that he will not run away
(b) more alone than ever
(c) proud that he has such a friend
(d) sure now that he will run away from battle
5. Coming to his senses, what does Henry realize?
(a) He is back with his regiment.
(b) He is starving.
(c) He has to think up some good stories to tell.
(d) He needs to find another rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry go to collect his thoughts?
2. How does he think men perceive him?
3. How does the whole scene appear to Henry?
4. What happens when a huge swarm of soldiers retreats with stragglers heading every which way?
5. As the Rebels bear down on them, how does Henry feel?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)