|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry feel about the enemy?
(a) that they never seem to tire
(b) that they are better shots than the Union soldiers
(c) that there are so many of them
(d) that they give up too easily
2. What is Henry's initial reaction to the results of his first battle?
(a) He wishes he had run away.
(b) He is in a daze and cannot think.
(c) He congratualtes himself on coming through it.
(d) He wishes for a way to go home.
3. Against whom does Henry develop a particular anger?
(b) the tall soldier
(c) the generals
(d) the loud soldier
4. What is the feeling among the regiment?
(a) They will have to fight on empty stomachs today.
(b) The Union soldiers will all be massacred.
(c) The battle will take weeks.
(d) The Rebels will be defeated in no time.
5. What rumor passing through the regiment begins the novel?
(a) that they will fight tomorrow
(b) that the war is over
(c) that Rebs have surrounded the camp
(d) that Lincoln has been shot
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Henry believes he is the only man who can see?
2. What unexpected action does Henry take?
3. How does Henry describe Jim's wounds?
4. Where is Henry's regiment the morning he expects to be his first battle?
5. What does Henry feel at times about the wounded men?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)