|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of Henry's tent mates ask him to do?
(a) to take a few things to his folks
(b) to cover him while he rushes the line
(c) to say a prayer for him
(d) to get him to a medic
2. Where does Henry take refuge?
(a) under a wagon
(b) in a cave
(c) behind a dead soldier
(d) behind a small tree
3. What happens that begins to wear on the men's nerves?
(a) rain that fills the trenches with water
(b) catcalls and Rebel yells
(c) continuing rifle fire with no let up
(d) hours of dead silence from the Rebels
4. How does Henry describe Jim's wounds?
(a) like his side was eaten by wolves
(b) like the hole in a doughnut
(c) like a butchered calf
(d) like a split open watermelon
5. How does Henry feel about the enemy?
(a) that they never seem to tire
(b) that they give up too easily
(c) that they are better shots than the Union soldiers
(d) that there are so many of them
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it feel like to Henry as he waits for the Rebels to charge?
2. What do the retreating men not see?
3. What returns to Henry in his thoughts as he waits for orders?
4. Why is Henry jealous of the men leaving the battlefield?
5. How does Henry's question about his bravery continue?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)