|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the regiment to slow its advance against the Rebels?
(b) orders from the lieutenant
(d) canon fire
2. Why has Henry delayed so many times from enlisting in the army?
(a) because of his age
(b) because of his mother
(c) because of his dreams
(d) because of his fear
3. Describe the man who helps Henry locate his regiment?
(a) He is young and idealistic.
(b) He is gruff and uncompromising.
(c) He is stern and judgmental.
(d) He is a cheery and kind old man.
4. What is Henry's first impulse as he watches the battle?
(a) to kill himself
(b) to wound himself
(c) to return and fight
(d) to give up and go home
5. What happens the morning after the rumor of going to war was circulated around the regiment?
(a) a parade
(b) nothing happens
(c) an officers meeting
(d) a forced march to the front
Short Answer Questions
1. After Henry's performance in the battle where he had to be called back to the line, how is Henry perceived by his peers?
2. What makes Henry believe that at last his chance to prove himself has come?
3. How does Henry describe his months in camp?
4. How is the horror personified among Henry's regiment?
5. What immobilizes Henry to prevent him for seeking out his regiment?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)