|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry's question about his bravery continue?
(a) He has terrible dreams of running away.
(b) He makes a joke of the idea.
(c) He puts it all out of his mind.
(d) He tries to calculate the odds of his running away.
2. What are the men doing in the forest as Henry nears his regiment?
(a) getting ready to sleep
(b) digging holes in the ground
(c) looking for something to eat
(d) walking in circles
3. What is distant and surreal in Henry's mind?
(a) that the war happens in his own country
(b) that officers hold his life in their hands
(c) that political differences can start a war
(d) that things go on as usual back at home
4. After getting his wound treated, what does Henry do?
(a) sits and stares into the fire
(b) begs for food and drink
(c) talks to a man by the fire
(d) tries to get some sleep
5. As the Union soldiers get back into position, what is happening?
(a) Fire breaks out behind them.
(b) Bugles are sounding loudly.
(c) The earth is shaking underneat them.
(d) Bullets are flying, shearing off blades of grass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes Henry's grandiose image of himself?
2. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
3. How does most of the regiment react to the news of their charge against the enemy?
4. What does Henry see that is his first encounter with the reality of war?
5. What is Henry's initial reaction to the results of his first battle?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)