|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the running and retreating soldiers seeking?
(a) replacement soldiers
(b) comfort in numbers
(c) places to take cover
(d) escape from the madness
2. What is Henry advised to avoid putting pressure on his head wound?
(a) not to talk or yell
(b) not to go to sleep
(c) not to bump his head on a tree limb
(d) not to touch the bandage
3. What does Henry recall while waiting for marching orders?
(a) Jim Conklin's death
(b) the yellow envelope
(c) the corpses in the field
(d) the dead soldier
4. As a victim of nature, what does Henry feel he is being denied?
5. How does Henry first feel when he realizes that the Union has won the second battle?
(a) afraid of what will happen to him now
(b) betrayed in a way
(c) confused and disbelieving
Short Answer Questions
1. At twilight after running aimlessly in the woods, what sound does Henry hear?
2. How does Henry begin to imagine himself?
3. Why does the lieutenant hold his hand away from his body?
4. What immobilizes Henry to prevent him for seeking out his regiment?
5. When they stop running, what do the men begin to build?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)