|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry take refuge?
(a) behind a dead soldier
(b) behind a small tree
(c) under a wagon
(d) in a cave
2. Coming to his senses, what does Henry realize?
(a) He is back with his regiment.
(b) He has to think up some good stories to tell.
(c) He needs to find another rifle.
(d) He is starving.
3. Why does the lieutenant hold his hand away from his body?
(a) so he can grab his pistol quickly
(b) so everyone can see his wound
(c) so the blood wouldn't drip on his pants
(d) so the men will turn left
4. As the Union soldiers get back into position, what is happening?
(a) The earth is shaking underneat them.
(b) Fire breaks out behind them.
(c) Bullets are flying, shearing off blades of grass.
(d) Bugles are sounding loudly.
5. What seems to be happening to Henry's perception as the shooting starts?
(a) Everything seems sharper and clearer.
(b) His vision blurs.
(c) He cannot see details.
(d) He is blinded by gun powder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Henry ordered to get Jim off the road?
2. What destroys Henry's rationalization about nature prompting him to run?
3. Who do Henry and his friend tell what they have overheard?
4. What is the feeling among the regiment?
5. What starts the battle in the forest?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)