|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry's last view of the tattered man?
(a) headed back the wrong way
(b) falling on his face in the road
(c) falling under the wheels of a caisson
(d) walking aimlessly in a field
2. What makes it difficult for them to make out anything in front of them?
(a) the rain
(b) the fog
(c) the darkness
(d) the smoke
3. What do the retreating men not see?
(a) the river blocking their way
(b) the officers on horseback
(c) the trees in the woods
(d) the men of Henry's regiment
4. Who is the friend that Henry notices has changed since he last saw him?
(a) the loud soldier
(b) the joking soldier
(c) the tall soldier
(d) the singing soldier
5. What is Henry's initial reaction to the results of his first battle?
(a) He congratualtes himself on coming through it.
(b) He wishes for a way to go home.
(c) He is in a daze and cannot think.
(d) He wishes he had run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Union soldiers do as the Rebels advance?
2. What amazes Henry after the Rebels retreat?
3. What does Henry wonder about seeing?
4. How is Henry shooting and reloading as the Rebels arrive?
5. Once in position, what does Henry see?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)