|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Henry ordered to get Jim off the road?
(a) Snipers may shoot him.
(b) There are holes in the road.
(c) He is walking too slow.
(d) A battery is approaching.
2. When the orders come, where is Henry's regiment gong?
(a) to join other regiments about to charge the Rebels
(b) to relieve another regiment in the trenches
(c) to circle around behind the Rebel army
(d) back to base for more training
3. What puts Henry to sleep the first night in the new camp?
(a) a soldier playing a harmonica
(b) exhaustion from the day's march
(c) the voices of men gathered around a fire
(d) reflections of fire on the wall of his tent
4. What are the running and retreating soldiers seeking?
(a) places to take cover
(b) comfort in numbers
(c) escape from the madness
(d) replacement soldiers
5. What do the retreating men not see?
(a) the officers on horseback
(b) the men of Henry's regiment
(c) the river blocking their way
(d) the trees in the woods
Short Answer Questions
1. At what is Henry's anger directed during the battle?
2. How are the troops feeling as they are still on the move?
3. Who is the friend that Henry notices has changed since he last saw him?
4. What happens to Henry physically as he marches on toward the battle?
5. What destroys Henry's rationalization about nature prompting him to run?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)