|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry hope to impress one day?
(a) his mother and the dark haired girl
(b) the students at his old school
(c) the people who live around his farm
(d) his mother and her pastor
2. What awakens Henry one morning?
(a) a bugle
(b) a fire in the camp
(c) an explosion
(d) a kick in the leg
3. How does the pipe-smoking friend try to encourage Henry?
(a) by telling him jokes
(b) by predicting he will do great things
(c) by saying they will be side by side
(d) by getting his mind off battle
4. What causes Henry's moment of panic?
(a) He is momentarily blinded by the smoke.
(b) He remembers thinking about running.
(c) He doesn't remember loading his rifle.
(d) He remembers he forgot to pray that morning.
5. Who does Henry conclude would never rage at nature?
(a) a man who doesn't think too much
(b) a man who never makes mistakes
(c) a man with a full stomach and self-respect
(d) a man who believes in God
Short Answer Questions
1. What begins happening as runners come back out of the haze?
2. How is Henry shooting and reloading as the Rebels arrive?
3. How does Henry first feel when he realizes that the Union has won the second battle?
4. How are the troops feeling as they are still on the move?
5. What does Henry see on the faces of sleeping soldiers?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)