|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the lieutenant hold his hand away from his body?
(a) so everyone can see his wound
(b) so the men will turn left
(c) so he can grab his pistol quickly
(d) so the blood wouldn't drip on his pants
2. At twilight after running aimlessly in the woods, what sound does Henry hear?
(a) the sound of singing and dnacing
(b) the sound of cattle returning to their barns
(c) the sound of squirrels chattering in the trees
(d) the sound of resuming battle
3. What amazes Henry after the Rebels retreat?
(a) that the sky is still blue
(b) that his ears are still ringing
(c) that he is still alive
(d) that he cannot stand up
4. What does Henry realize about the tattered man?
(a) that he does not suspect Henry
(b) that he is simply lonely
(c) that he, too, is about to die
(d) that he is faking his wounds
5. Once in position, what does Henry see?
(a) a long stretch of cleared wood with flashes of rifle fire
(b) a long clearing with sandbag walls on the far side
(c) a long stretch of burned out forest
(d) a row of Rebel canons aimed in his direction
Short Answer Questions
1. What question is Henry's first rationalization for his having run away?
2. What does Henry feel at times about the wounded men?
3. What warning does Henry's mother give her son?
4. What does the lieutenant do to the boy who tries to run away?
5. What results from the order to move?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)