|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry imagine himself doing sometime in the future?
(a) writing a book about his adventures
(b) telling his stories by candlelight in a parlor
(c) training young soldiers in rifle shooting
(d) lecturing young men on going to war
2. Who impresses Henry when he stops by the school to say good-bye?
(a) the boys on the playground
(b) the mayor of the town
(c) a dark haired girl
(d) the school master
3. Why does Henry begin to think it would be better to be killed?
(a) to escape his duty
(b) to have his troubles ended
(c) to get some rest
(d) to teach a lesson to the lieutenant
4. What starts the battle in the forest?
(a) a Rebel yell
(b) a single gunshot
(c) an order from the lieutenant
(d) a canon blast
5. What results from the order to move?
(a) They march for hours and set up another camp.
(b) They march into an ambush.
(c) They march several miles and return to camp.
(d) They march into Washington for a parade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens the morning after the rumor of going to war was circulated around the regiment?
2. What does it feel like to Henry as he waits for the Rebels to charge?
3. What does one of Henry's tent mates ask him to do?
4. What is Henry advised to avoid putting pressure on his head wound?
5. After the pipe smoking friend leaves Henry, how does he feel?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)