|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry see on the faces of sleeping soldiers?
2. After walking around all morning, where does the regiment go?
(a) over near the banks of a river
(b) back to the original camp
(c) back to the same ground it had taken in the morning
(d) back to Washington D. C.
3. Once in position, what does Henry see?
(a) a long stretch of burned out forest
(b) a long stretch of cleared wood with flashes of rifle fire
(c) a row of Rebel canons aimed in his direction
(d) a long clearing with sandbag walls on the far side
4. What does Henry see that is his first encounter with the reality of war?
(a) destroyed fields
(b) an abandoned canon
(c) wounded soldiers coming back the other way
(d) the body of a dead soldier
5. What new fear rises in Henry as the result of the tattered man's question about his wounds?
(a) that he might get wounded like him
(b) that he will be found out
(c) that he will be sent back to the front
(d) that the man knows he is a deserter
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry explain his absence from the regiment.
2. What is it that Henry believes he is the only man who can see?
3. How does Henry begin to imagine himself?
4. What puts Henry to sleep the first night in the new camp?
5. How does the pipe-smoking friend try to encourage Henry?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)