|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does Henry's mother give her son?
(a) to be careful what he eats
(b) to wash behind his ears
(c) to watch the company he keeps
(d) to stay behind the lines
2. What does Henry hear in the early morning?
(a) thunder in the distance
(b) crickets chirping
(c) birds singing in the trees
(d) bugles in many camps
3. What do some of the soldiers do to make marching easier?
(a) make jokes
(b) hold hands
(c) shed their knapsacks
4. What is Henry's initial reaction to the results of his first battle?
(a) He is in a daze and cannot think.
(b) He congratualtes himself on coming through it.
(c) He wishes for a way to go home.
(d) He wishes he had run away.
5. As the noise of the battle grows louder, what does Henry see that confuses him?
(a) fewer wounded
(b) men leaving the battlefield
(c) the Rebels being pushed back
(d) a chance to slip back in unnoticed
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men react to the approach of the Rebel forces?
2. At twilight after running aimlessly in the woods, what sound does Henry hear?
3. What makes it difficult for them to make out anything in front of them?
4. How does Henry first feel when he realizes that the Union has won the second battle?
5. What does Henry wonder about seeing?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)