|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After getting his wound treated, what does Henry do?
(a) sits and stares into the fire
(b) begs for food and drink
(c) talks to a man by the fire
(d) tries to get some sleep
2. Where does the bullet hit the lieutenant?
(a) in the chest
(b) in his hand
(c) in the head
(d) in his leg
3. What is distant and surreal in Henry's mind?
(a) that political differences can start a war
(b) that things go on as usual back at home
(c) that the war happens in his own country
(d) that officers hold his life in their hands
4. As a boy, how had Henry imagined himself ?
(a) as a gentleman farmer
(b) as a hero in wars
(c) as a politician
(d) as a school teacher
5. What is Henry's reply when the tattered man asks again about his wounds?
(a) that he was knocked unconscious and his head hurts
(b) that his wound is under his shirt and the bandages stopped the bleeding
(c) that his wound is a broken hand that cannot fire a gun
(d) that he doesn't want to talk about it
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry's question about his bravery continue?
2. What happens that begins to wear on the men's nerves?
3. Coming to his senses, what does Henry realize?
4. What does one young man of the battalion do at the first volley?
5. What is the pipe smoking friend's reply when Henry asks if he might run away from battle?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)