|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What starts the battle in the forest?
(a) an order from the lieutenant
(b) a canon blast
(c) a single gunshot
(d) a Rebel yell
2. How does Henry imagine the battle sounds he hears at night?
(a) a red and green dragons
(b) as drums in a parade
(c) as two panthers fighting
(d) as thunder in the clouds
3. What question is Henry's first rationalization for his having run away?
(a) Weren't there a lot of others who had run before he did?
(b) Didn't he stay close enough that no one would notice him?
(c) Hadn't the lieutenant ordered him to drop back?
(d) Wasn't saving himself the same as saving a piece of the army?
4. What do the Union soldiers do as the Rebels advance?
(a) hold their breath
(b) say prayers
(c) ready their cartridges
(d) run for cover
5. What warning does Henry's mother give her son?
(a) to wash behind his ears
(b) to stay behind the lines
(c) to watch the company he keeps
(d) to be careful what he eats
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Henry ordered to get Jim off the road?
2. What does it feel like to Henry as he waits for the Rebels to charge?
3. What awakens Henry one morning?
4. What does Henry's friend reply to his offer to help him walk?
5. What is Henry's initial reaction to the results of his first battle?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)