|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does his friend do to try and help Henry?
(a) locate a rifle
(b) help him stand
(c) spoon feed him
(d) check his bandage
2. What does Henry recall while waiting for marching orders?
(a) the yellow envelope
(b) the corpses in the field
(c) Jim Conklin's death
(d) the dead soldier
3. What is the feeling among the regiment?
(a) The Rebels will be defeated in no time.
(b) The Union soldiers will all be massacred.
(c) The battle will take weeks.
(d) They will have to fight on empty stomachs today.
4. When Henry meets up with a wounded man, what does the man want to know?
(a) where he left his rifle
(b) where he can find some water
(c) what time it is
(d) where he was wounded
5. After getting his wound treated, what does Henry do?
(a) sits and stares into the fire
(b) tries to get some sleep
(c) begs for food and drink
(d) talks to a man by the fire
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it feel like to Henry as he waits for the Rebels to charge?
2. What happens that begins to wear on the men's nerves?
3. Where does Henry's mother think he could be put to better use than in the army?
4. What does Wilson help Henry do?
5. What is Henry's initial reaction to the results of his first battle?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)