|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry's first impulse as he watches the battle?
(a) to kill himself
(b) to return and fight
(c) to wound himself
(d) to give up and go home
2. What does his friend do to try and help Henry?
(a) spoon feed him
(b) locate a rifle
(c) check his bandage
(d) help him stand
3. Who is the friend that Henry notices has changed since he last saw him?
(a) the loud soldier
(b) the tall soldier
(c) the singing soldier
(d) the joking soldier
4. How does Henry's question about his bravery continue?
(a) He makes a joke of the idea.
(b) He has terrible dreams of running away.
(c) He puts it all out of his mind.
(d) He tries to calculate the odds of his running away.
5. What returns to Henry in his thoughts as he waits for orders?
(a) wondering about his mother
(b) the mental and physical agonies he had suffered
(c) the dark haired girl at his school
(d) the peacefulness of his home
Short Answer Questions
1. As a victim of nature, what does Henry feel he is being denied?
2. Why does Henry wipe his eyes with his coat sleeve?
3. Who does Henry meet up with as he walks with the wounded?
4. What brings Henry out of his stupor?
5. What happens when a huge swarm of soldiers retreats with stragglers heading every which way?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)