|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What begins happening as runners come back out of the haze?
(a) heavy rainfall
(b) orders to march
(c) the rumors and stories
(d) canon bursts
2. As the Union soldiers get back into position, what is happening?
(a) Fire breaks out behind them.
(b) Bugles are sounding loudly.
(c) The earth is shaking underneat them.
(d) Bullets are flying, shearing off blades of grass.
3. Against whom does Henry develop a particular anger?
(a) the tall soldier
(b) the loud soldier
(d) the generals
4. What destroys Henry's rationalization about nature prompting him to run?
(a) some wounded soldiers rejoicing over the victory
(b) a squirrel being eaten by a stray cat
(c) a rainstorm that comes up suddenly
(d) the sight of the dead man with the ants crawling over his skin
5. As Henry is observing the battle, what happens suddenly to frighten him?
(a) A bomb blast fall near him.
(b) A lieutenant rides up near where he is hiding.
(c) Runaway horses begin to stampede.
(d) Dark waves of men sweep out of the woods coming toward him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the lieutenant do to the boy who tries to run away?
2. After walking around all morning, where does the regiment go?
3. What does Henry first blame for his guilty condition?
4. Who does Henry meet up with as he walks with the wounded?
5. What is Henry's initial reaction to the results of his first battle?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)