|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Henry about his head wound?
(a) It doesn't hurt as much as he thought it would.
(b) It feels like he is going to die.
(c) It has blurred his vision.
(d) It is bleeding profusely.
2. What is Henry's first impulse as he watches the battle?
(a) to return and fight
(b) to wound himself
(c) to give up and go home
(d) to kill himself
3. What causes Henry's moment of panic?
(a) He remembers he forgot to pray that morning.
(b) He is momentarily blinded by the smoke.
(c) He doesn't remember loading his rifle.
(d) He remembers thinking about running.
4. Why does the lieutenant hold his hand away from his body?
(a) so everyone can see his wound
(b) so the blood wouldn't drip on his pants
(c) so he can grab his pistol quickly
(d) so the men will turn left
5. What begins happening as runners come back out of the haze?
(a) canon bursts
(b) heavy rainfall
(c) orders to march
(d) the rumors and stories
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens the morning after the rumor of going to war was circulated around the regiment?
2. How does Henry explain his absence from the regiment.
3. How does Henry see his current suffering?
4. What would Henry like to find by looking into the eyes of a corpse?
5. What amazes Henry after the Rebels retreat?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)