|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry meet up with as he walks with the wounded?
(a) the general he saw on a horse
(b) the lieutenant with the wounded hand
(c) the pipe smoking comrade
(d) Jim, from his regiment
2. What results from the order to move?
(a) They march into an ambush.
(b) They march for hours and set up another camp.
(c) They march into Washington for a parade.
(d) They march several miles and return to camp.
3. After walking around all morning, where does the regiment go?
(a) over near the banks of a river
(b) back to Washington D. C.
(c) back to the original camp
(d) back to the same ground it had taken in the morning
4. Instinctively, what does Henry feel about the future?
(a) He will work his way out of his predicament.
(b) He is hopelessly lost.
(c) His mother will not welcome him home.
(d) He will have to live in exile.
5. What is the feeling among the regiment?
(a) The Rebels will be defeated in no time.
(b) They will have to fight on empty stomachs today.
(c) The Union soldiers will all be massacred.
(d) The battle will take weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry see his current suffering?
2. What begins happening as runners come back out of the haze?
3. Who catches up to Henry after Jim Conklin dies?
4. After the pipe smoking friend leaves Henry, how does he feel?
5. What happens the morning after the rumor of going to war was circulated around the regiment?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)