|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does Henry's mother give her son?
(a) to wash behind his ears
(b) to be careful what he eats
(c) to stay behind the lines
(d) to watch the company he keeps
2. Once in position, what does Henry see?
(a) a long stretch of burned out forest
(b) a long clearing with sandbag walls on the far side
(c) a long stretch of cleared wood with flashes of rifle fire
(d) a row of Rebel canons aimed in his direction
3. What destroys Henry's rationalization about nature prompting him to run?
(a) a rainstorm that comes up suddenly
(b) some wounded soldiers rejoicing over the victory
(c) the sight of the dead man with the ants crawling over his skin
(d) a squirrel being eaten by a stray cat
4. Instinctively, what does Henry feel about the future?
(a) His mother will not welcome him home.
(b) He is hopelessly lost.
(c) He will work his way out of his predicament.
(d) He will have to live in exile.
5. How are the troops feeling as they are still on the move?
(a) The heat and fatigue are overwhelming,
(b) They are happy and singing.
(c) They have high hopes of reaching the front.
(d) They can march like this for hours without resting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is distant and surreal in Henry's mind?
2. How does Henry first feel when he realizes that the Union has won the second battle?
3. How does Henry begin to imagine himself?
4. Who catches up to Henry after Jim Conklin dies?
5. After walking around all morning, where does the regiment go?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)