|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What returns to Henry in his thoughts as he waits for orders?
(a) the dark haired girl at his school
(b) wondering about his mother
(c) the peacefulness of his home
(d) the mental and physical agonies he had suffered
2. What happens the morning after the rumor of going to war was circulated around the regiment?
(a) an officers meeting
(b) nothing happens
(c) a parade
(d) a forced march to the front
3. What are the running and retreating soldiers seeking?
(a) places to take cover
(b) replacement soldiers
(c) comfort in numbers
(d) escape from the madness
4. What does Henry first blame for his guilty condition?
(b) the man in front of him who ran
(d) the generals
5. What are the men doing in the forest as Henry nears his regiment?
(a) digging holes in the ground
(b) walking in circles
(c) looking for something to eat
(d) getting ready to sleep
Short Answer Questions
1. Who catches up to Henry after Jim Conklin dies?
2. How does Henry describe his months in camp?
3. What do the Union soldiers do as the Rebels advance?
4. How is the horror personified among Henry's regiment?
5. How does the pipe-smoking friend try to encourage Henry?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)