|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry realize about the tattered man?
(a) that he is simply lonely
(b) that he does not suspect Henry
(c) that he is faking his wounds
(d) that he, too, is about to die
2. What is Henry's last view of the tattered man?
(a) walking aimlessly in a field
(b) falling on his face in the road
(c) falling under the wheels of a caisson
(d) headed back the wrong way
3. What immobilizes Henry to prevent him for seeking out his regiment?
(a) He cannot make up his mind that he really wants to return.
(b) He cannot come up with a good story about where he has been.
(c) He no longer has a rifle and cannot go into battle to fight with his hands.
(d) He cannot imagine how to find his regiment in all the confusion.
4. What happens to Henry physically as he marches on toward the battle?
(a) He falls and breaks an arm.
(b) He trips over a dead soldier.
(c) He aches from pain, thirst, and hunger.
(d) He becomes nauseated.
5. What are the men doing in the forest as Henry nears his regiment?
(a) looking for something to eat
(b) walking in circles
(c) getting ready to sleep
(d) digging holes in the ground
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry see his mother doing as he turns to look back?
2. What does Henry recall while waiting for marching orders?
3. As Henry is observing the battle, what happens suddenly to frighten him?
4. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
5. What question begins to disturb Henry before he goes to battle?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)