|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry see on the faces of sleeping soldiers?
2. Who is the friend that Henry notices has changed since he last saw him?
(a) the tall soldier
(b) the loud soldier
(c) the joking soldier
(d) the singing soldier
3. What question is Henry's first rationalization for his having run away?
(a) Didn't he stay close enough that no one would notice him?
(b) Weren't there a lot of others who had run before he did?
(c) Wasn't saving himself the same as saving a piece of the army?
(d) Hadn't the lieutenant ordered him to drop back?
4. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
(a) as being more of a hero than they
(b) as being more stupid than his comrades
(c) as having superior intellect
(d) as physically weaker than the ones who stayed
5. How does Henry explain his absence from the regiment.
(a) He says his wound knocked him unconscious.
(b) He says a lieutenant sent him on an errand.
(c) He says he was there all the time but no one saw him.
(d) He says he got separated and received a head wound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's last view of the tattered man?
2. What question begins to disturb Henry before he goes to battle?
3. What becomes Henry's grandiose image of himself?
4. What does Henry see that is his first encounter with the reality of war?
5. As Henry is observing the battle, what happens suddenly to frighten him?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)