|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry rationalize his railing at nature while he was on the run?
(a) Hunger made him irrational.
(b) He had been confused and disoriented.
(c) He didn't really mean it.
(d) The doomed and the damned are allowed to do it.
2. What does Henry realize about the tattered man?
(a) that he is simply lonely
(b) that he, too, is about to die
(c) that he does not suspect Henry
(d) that he is faking his wounds
3. Once in position, what does Henry see?
(a) a long stretch of cleared wood with flashes of rifle fire
(b) a row of Rebel canons aimed in his direction
(c) a long clearing with sandbag walls on the far side
(d) a long stretch of burned out forest
4. Why does Henry begin to think it would be better to be killed?
(a) to have his troubles ended
(b) to get some rest
(c) to escape his duty
(d) to teach a lesson to the lieutenant
5. How is Henry shooting and reloading as the Rebels arrive?
(a) like a machine
(c) very slowly
(d) not very methodically
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry see on the faces of sleeping soldiers?
2. Who does Henry conclude would never rage at nature?
3. What does Henry wonder about seeing?
4. When the orders come, where is Henry's regiment gong?
5. What new fear rises in Henry as the result of the tattered man's question about his wounds?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)