|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one young man of the battalion do at the first volley?
(a) He vomits.
(b) He covers his head with both hands.
(c) He stands up.
(d) He runs.
2. What question begins to disturb Henry before he goes to battle?
(a) if he will run
(b) why he enlisted
(c) whether he can shoot a rifle
(d) how he will take cover
3. Why has Henry delayed so many times from enlisting in the army?
(a) because of his mother
(b) because of his dreams
(c) because of his age
(d) because of his fear
4. What does one of Henry's tent mates ask him to do?
(a) to get him to a medic
(b) to say a prayer for him
(c) to cover him while he rushes the line
(d) to take a few things to his folks
5. What happens the morning after the rumor of going to war was circulated around the regiment?
(a) a parade
(b) nothing happens
(c) an officers meeting
(d) a forced march to the front
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the running and retreating soldiers seeking?
2. How is the horror personified among Henry's regiment?
3. Why is Henry ordered to get Jim off the road?
4. What does Henry's mother do for him before he leaves?
5. What unexpected action does Henry take?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)