|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question begins to disturb Henry before he goes to battle?
(a) if he will run
(b) how he will take cover
(c) whether he can shoot a rifle
(d) why he enlisted
2. What do some of the soldiers do to make marching easier?
(a) shed their knapsacks
(b) hold hands
(d) make jokes
3. What describes the noises Henry hears coming from the Rebels?
(a) pipes and harmonicas
(b) snarls, prayers, and cheers
(c) songs and drum beats
(d) curses and cries of pain
4. What makes Henry believe that at last his chance to prove himself has come?
(a) The regiment is ordered to move.
(b) Sounds of battle get near the camp.
(c) Extra firing practice is ordered.
(d) Many officers ride into camp from the front.
5. Why is Henry ordered to get Jim off the road?
(a) Snipers may shoot him.
(b) A battery is approaching.
(c) He is walking too slow.
(d) There are holes in the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Henry physically as he marches on toward the battle?
2. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
3. How are Henry's comrades behaving in the face of imminent warfare?
4. What immobilizes Henry to prevent him for seeking out his regiment?
5. How does Henry know that the Union forces had won this second battle?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)