|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does Henry's mother give her son?
(a) to be careful what he eats
(b) to watch the company he keeps
(c) to stay behind the lines
(d) to wash behind his ears
2. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
(a) as being more of a hero than they
(b) as physically weaker than the ones who stayed
(c) as being more stupid than his comrades
(d) as having superior intellect
3. How does Henry imagine the battle sounds he hears at night?
(a) as thunder in the clouds
(b) as drums in a parade
(c) as two panthers fighting
(d) a red and green dragons
4. What are all the men doing after the battle?
(b) keeping quiet
(c) thanking God
(d) making small talk
5. Why does Henry wipe his eyes with his coat sleeve?
(a) Tree bark popped into his eye.
(b) Sweat is running into his eyes.
(c) He doesn't have time to use a handkerchief.
(d) He doesn't believe what he is seeing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Henry ordered to get Jim off the road?
2. What destroys Henry's rationalization about nature prompting him to run?
3. What begins happening as runners come back out of the haze?
4. What does Henry realize could happen to him as he runs down the road?
5. How is the regiment treated on the way to Washington?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)