|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does Henry's mother give her son?
(a) to be careful what he eats
(b) to stay behind the lines
(c) to wash behind his ears
(d) to watch the company he keeps
2. As a boy, how had Henry imagined himself ?
(a) as a politician
(b) as a gentleman farmer
(c) as a hero in wars
(d) as a school teacher
3. At twilight after running aimlessly in the woods, what sound does Henry hear?
(a) the sound of singing and dnacing
(b) the sound of cattle returning to their barns
(c) the sound of resuming battle
(d) the sound of squirrels chattering in the trees
4. What is Henry's first impulse as he watches the battle?
(a) to give up and go home
(b) to wound himself
(c) to kill himself
(d) to return and fight
5. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
(a) all right because it is better than doing nothing
(b) all right if it only means a new camp
(c) all right because it keeps them in shape
(d) all right if there is a battle at the end of it
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Henry shooting and reloading as the Rebels arrive?
2. Who does Henry meet up with as he walks with the wounded?
3. What new fear rises in Henry as the result of the tattered man's question about his wounds?
4. What happens to Henry physically as he marches on toward the battle?
5. How does Henry first feel when he realizes that the Union has won the second battle?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)