|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry realize could happen to him as he runs down the road?
(a) If he falls now he will surely be trampled to death.
(b) If he loses his concentration, he might get lost.
(c) If he stops for breath, he will never catch up.
(d) If he takes a wrong turn he could be shot.
2. What causes Henry's moment of panic?
(a) He remembers thinking about running.
(b) He is momentarily blinded by the smoke.
(c) He doesn't remember loading his rifle.
(d) He remembers he forgot to pray that morning.
3. How does the whole scene appear to Henry?
(a) super realistic
(c) common place
4. What happens to Henry physically as he marches on toward the battle?
(a) He becomes nauseated.
(b) He falls and breaks an arm.
(c) He trips over a dead soldier.
(d) He aches from pain, thirst, and hunger.
5. What puts Henry to sleep the first night in the new camp?
(a) the voices of men gathered around a fire
(b) a soldier playing a harmonica
(c) reflections of fire on the wall of his tent
(d) exhaustion from the day's march
Short Answer Questions
1. As a boy, how had Henry imagined himself ?
2. What new fear rises in Henry as the result of the tattered man's question about his wounds?
3. What is Henry's initial reaction to the results of his first battle?
4. How does Henry begin to feel about the battle he had been in?
5. What do the retreating men not see?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)