|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of Henry's tent mates ask him to do?
(a) to say a prayer for him
(b) to take a few things to his folks
(c) to get him to a medic
(d) to cover him while he rushes the line
2. Why is Henry ordered to get Jim off the road?
(a) He is walking too slow.
(b) A battery is approaching.
(c) Snipers may shoot him.
(d) There are holes in the road.
3. How does the whole scene appear to Henry?
(a) super realistic
(b) common place
4. How does Henry begin to feel about the battle he had been in?
(a) that it was far more dnagerous than what he ran from
(b) that it had all been a dream
(c) that it was only a minor incident
(d) that he had not understood the danger
5. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
(a) all right because it is better than doing nothing
(b) all right if there is a battle at the end of it
(c) all right because it keeps them in shape
(d) all right if it only means a new camp
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Henry's comrades behaving in the face of imminent warfare?
2. How does Henry picture the advancing Rebels?
3. What is Henry's first impulse as he watches the battle?
4. As a boy, how had Henry imagined himself ?
5. Running down the road, what is Henry trying to do?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)