|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry's question about his bravery continue?
(a) He makes a joke of the idea.
(b) He has terrible dreams of running away.
(c) He tries to calculate the odds of his running away.
(d) He puts it all out of his mind.
2. Who impresses Henry when he stops by the school to say good-bye?
(a) a dark haired girl
(b) the school master
(c) the mayor of the town
(d) the boys on the playground
3. What does Henry's friend reply to his offer to help him walk?
(a) Others need help more than me.
(b) Leave me be.
(c) Thanks, my friend.
(d) Help me sit down.
4. What is the feeling among the regiment?
(a) They will have to fight on empty stomachs today.
(b) The battle will take weeks.
(c) The Rebels will be defeated in no time.
(d) The Union soldiers will all be massacred.
5. What would Henry like to find by looking into the eyes of a corpse?
(a) the answer to his big question
(b) if he is a yankee or a rebel
(c) if the soldier had any pain
(d) if he is still alive
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Henry shooting and reloading as the Rebels arrive?
2. Why has Henry delayed so many times from enlisting in the army?
3. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
4. What do the Union soldiers do as the Rebels advance?
5. What does one young man of the battalion do at the first volley?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)