|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry begin to feel about the battle he had been in?
(a) that it was only a minor incident
(b) that it was far more dnagerous than what he ran from
(c) that he had not understood the danger
(d) that it had all been a dream
2. What warning does Henry's mother give her son?
(a) to stay behind the lines
(b) to be careful what he eats
(c) to wash behind his ears
(d) to watch the company he keeps
3. What are the running and retreating soldiers seeking?
(a) escape from the madness
(b) comfort in numbers
(c) places to take cover
(d) replacement soldiers
4. What does the tattered man say about wounds you cannot see?
(a) that they don't leave a scar
(b) that often they are the worst ones
(c) that they are usually fatal
(d) that they don't usually amount to much
5. What is distant and surreal in Henry's mind?
(a) that officers hold his life in their hands
(b) that things go on as usual back at home
(c) that political differences can start a war
(d) that the war happens in his own country
Short Answer Questions
1. When Henry meets up with a wounded man, what does the man want to know?
2. What does Henry wonder about seeing?
3. What question begins to disturb Henry before he goes to battle?
4. Why is Henry ordered to get Jim off the road?
5. What do the retreating men not see?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)