|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unexpected action does Henry take?
(a) He starts running toward the battle sounds.
(b) He circles around to get near the Rebel army.
(c) He runs deeper into the woods.
(d) He climbs a tree to wait for the battle to come to him.
2. When they stop running, what do the men begin to build?
(a) log cabins for the officers
(b) little hills out of anything they can find
(c) walls around their new camp
(d) small fires to keep warm
3. What does Henry's mother do for him before he leaves?
(a) brushes his uniform
(b) bakes him some cookies
(c) knits him some socks
(d) cuts his hair
4. Where does Henry's mother think he could be put to better use than in the army?
(a) in a schoolroom
(b) in the navy
(c) on the farm
(d) as a postman
5. What does one young man of the battalion do at the first volley?
(a) He covers his head with both hands.
(b) He stands up.
(c) He vomits.
(d) He runs.
Short Answer Questions
1. At twilight after running aimlessly in the woods, what sound does Henry hear?
2. How does Henry describe Jim's wounds?
3. What does Henry realize about the tattered man?
4. What brings Henry out of his stupor?
5. As the Union soldiers get back into position, what is happening?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)