|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry begin to feel about the battle he had been in?
(a) that it had all been a dream
(b) that he had not understood the danger
(c) that it was only a minor incident
(d) that it was far more dnagerous than what he ran from
2. How does Henry describe Jim's wounds?
(a) like the hole in a doughnut
(b) like a butchered calf
(c) like his side was eaten by wolves
(d) like a split open watermelon
3. What question begins to disturb Henry before he goes to battle?
(a) whether he can shoot a rifle
(b) how he will take cover
(c) if he will run
(d) why he enlisted
4. What does Henry wonder about seeing?
(a) the monster from which all these men were fleeing
(b) the bullet that will pierce his body
(c) the angel of death
(d) the next sunrise
5. Against whom does Henry develop a particular anger?
(b) the loud soldier
(c) the generals
(d) the tall soldier
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Henry physically as he marches on toward the battle?
2. What is Henry's initial reaction to the results of his first battle?
3. After the pipe smoking friend leaves Henry, how does he feel?
4. What does it feel like to Henry as he waits for the Rebels to charge?
5. Why does Henry begin to think it would be better to be killed?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)