|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some of the soldiers do to make marching easier?
(a) hold hands
(b) make jokes
(d) shed their knapsacks
2. What rumor passing through the regiment begins the novel?
(a) that the war is over
(b) that Rebs have surrounded the camp
(c) that they will fight tomorrow
(d) that Lincoln has been shot
3. What does Henry see that is his first encounter with the reality of war?
(a) an abandoned canon
(b) wounded soldiers coming back the other way
(c) the body of a dead soldier
(d) destroyed fields
4. What does Henry's mother do for him before he leaves?
(a) brushes his uniform
(b) cuts his hair
(c) bakes him some cookies
(d) knits him some socks
5. Against whom does Henry develop a particular anger?
(b) the tall soldier
(c) the loud soldier
(d) the generals
Short Answer Questions
1. What amazes Henry after the Rebels retreat?
2. What are all the men doing after the battle?
3. What is distant and surreal in Henry's mind?
4. How does Henry imagine the battle sounds he hears at night?
5. What makes Henry believe that at last his chance to prove himself has come?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)