|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Henry jealous of the men leaving the battlefield?
(a) He imagines they are the chosen ones.
(b) He realizes he would have been one of them.
(c) He sees them leaving without shame.
(d) He imagines they will get medals.
2. As a boy, how had Henry imagined himself ?
(a) as a politician
(b) as a hero in wars
(c) as a gentleman farmer
(d) as a school teacher
3. When they stop running, what do the men begin to build?
(a) small fires to keep warm
(b) walls around their new camp
(c) little hills out of anything they can find
(d) log cabins for the officers
4. What does Henry think the lieutenant is lacking?
(a) his horse
(b) a loaded rifle
(c) a plan of attack
(d) any appreciation for fine minds
5. Climbing over a fence, what does Henry discover?
(a) the ground littered with the bodies of the dead and wounded
(b) a small group of other deserters
(c) a cow he can milk to get something to fill his stomach
(d) a field of tall corn he can hide in
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
2. How does Henry imagine the battle sounds he hears at night?
3. How does Henry begin to feel about the battle he had been in?
4. What do the Union soldiers do as the Rebels advance?
5. Why does Henry begin to think it would be better to be killed?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)