|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the running and retreating soldiers seeking?
(a) escape from the madness
(b) replacement soldiers
(c) places to take cover
(d) comfort in numbers
2. How are Henry's comrades behaving in the face of imminent warfare?
(a) They refuse to think about it.
(b) They give off airs of being fearless.
(c) They keep to themselves like Henry.
(d) They tell stoies about their bravery.
3. What is Henry's reply when the tattered man asks again about his wounds?
(a) that he doesn't want to talk about it
(b) that his wound is under his shirt and the bandages stopped the bleeding
(c) that he was knocked unconscious and his head hurts
(d) that his wound is a broken hand that cannot fire a gun
4. What does Henry's mother do for him before he leaves?
(a) bakes him some cookies
(b) brushes his uniform
(c) knits him some socks
(d) cuts his hair
5. How does Henry begin to feel about the battle he had been in?
(a) that it had all been a dream
(b) that it was only a minor incident
(c) that it was far more dnagerous than what he ran from
(d) that he had not understood the danger
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
2. What is Henry's first impulse as he watches the battle?
3. What does Henry wonder about seeing?
4. How does Henry begin to imagine himself?
5. What does the tattered man say about wounds you cannot see?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)