|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Henry ordered to get Jim off the road?
(a) There are holes in the road.
(b) He is walking too slow.
(c) A battery is approaching.
(d) Snipers may shoot him.
2. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
(a) all right if there is a battle at the end of it
(b) all right because it is better than doing nothing
(c) all right if it only means a new camp
(d) all right because it keeps them in shape
3. How does Henry begin to imagine himself?
(a) lying dead on a battlefield
(b) as a leader to end all wars
(c) receiving a special commendation
(d) becoming a wise general
4. After the pipe smoking friend leaves Henry, how does he feel?
(a) proud that he has such a friend
(b) sure that he will not run away
(c) sure now that he will run away from battle
(d) more alone than ever
5. What is Henry's last view of the tattered man?
(a) headed back the wrong way
(b) falling on his face in the road
(c) walking aimlessly in a field
(d) falling under the wheels of a caisson
Short Answer Questions
1. What begins happening as runners come back out of the haze?
2. What is distant and surreal in Henry's mind?
3. When they stop running, what do the men begin to build?
4. What does the lieutenant do to the boy who tries to run away?
5. What does Henry's mother do for him before he leaves?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)