|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry see his mother doing as he turns to look back?
(a) washing clothes
(b) hitching up the plow horse
(c) waving good-bye
(d) praying and quivering
2. What warning does Henry's mother give her son?
(a) to stay behind the lines
(b) to be careful what he eats
(c) to watch the company he keeps
(d) to wash behind his ears
3. How does Henry imagine the battle sounds he hears at night?
(a) as drums in a parade
(b) a red and green dragons
(c) as two panthers fighting
(d) as thunder in the clouds
4. What question begins to disturb Henry before he goes to battle?
(a) how he will take cover
(b) whether he can shoot a rifle
(c) if he will run
(d) why he enlisted
5. After the pipe smoking friend leaves Henry, how does he feel?
(a) proud that he has such a friend
(b) sure now that he will run away from battle
(c) more alone than ever
(d) sure that he will not run away
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the retreating men not see?
2. What describes the noises Henry hears coming from the Rebels?
3. What follows the men returning from the battlefield?
4. What amazes Henry after the Rebels retreat?
5. What rumor passing through the regiment begins the novel?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)