|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry describe his months in camp?
(b) too short
2. Against whom does Henry develop a particular anger?
(a) the generals
(b) the tall soldier
(c) the loud soldier
3. When they stop running, what do the men begin to build?
(a) small fires to keep warm
(b) log cabins for the officers
(c) little hills out of anything they can find
(d) walls around their new camp
4. What happens when Henry sees a man in front of him drop his rifle and run away?
(a) He takes a bullet in the arm.
(b) He yells for the lieutenant.
(c) He shoots the man in the back.
(d) He panics and runs too.
5. Where does Henry go to collect his thoughts?
(a) down by a stream
(b) into his tent
(c) to the camp chaplain
(d) away from camp to lie in the grass
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one young man of the battalion do at the first volley?
2. What does Henry realize could happen to him as he runs down the road?
3. When Henry meets up with a wounded man, what does the man want to know?
4. Who catches up to Henry after Jim Conklin dies?
5. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)