|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What follows the men returning from the battlefield?
(a) horses that have lost their riders
(b) stray dogs afraid of the noise
(c) military ambulance wagons
(d) catcalls and bullets whizzing by their heads
2. What do the Union soldiers do as the Rebels advance?
(a) run for cover
(b) hold their breath
(c) say prayers
(d) ready their cartridges
3. What does one young man of the battalion do at the first volley?
(a) He runs.
(b) He vomits.
(c) He covers his head with both hands.
(d) He stands up.
4. How does Henry picture the advancing Rebels?
(a) as an advancing freight train
(b) as a swarm of bees
(c) as a great cloud of thunder
(d) as a red and green dragon
5. After the pipe smoking friend leaves Henry, how does he feel?
(a) more alone than ever
(b) proud that he has such a friend
(c) sure now that he will run away from battle
(d) sure that he will not run away
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry see his mother doing as he turns to look back?
2. How is Henry shooting and reloading as the Rebels arrive?
3. How are Henry's comrades behaving in the face of imminent warfare?
4. Against whom does Henry develop a particular anger?
5. What puts Henry to sleep the first night in the new camp?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)