|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that Henry believes he is the only man who can see?
(a) that war is nature's way of duping men into being victims
(b) that war is nature's way of sorting out the fittest humans
(c) that war is a game for bored civilians to play like chess
(d) that war is nonsense invented by madmen
2. Where does Henry go to collect his thoughts?
(a) to the camp chaplain
(b) into his tent
(c) away from camp to lie in the grass
(d) down by a stream
3. How does Henry describe his months in camp?
(a) too short
4. What describes the noises Henry hears coming from the Rebels?
(a) pipes and harmonicas
(b) snarls, prayers, and cheers
(c) songs and drum beats
(d) curses and cries of pain
5. How does Henry begin to imagine himself?
(a) lying dead on a battlefield
(b) as a leader to end all wars
(c) receiving a special commendation
(d) becoming a wise general
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the whole scene appear to Henry?
2. What happens when Henry sees a man in front of him drop his rifle and run away?
3. Against whom does Henry develop a particular anger?
4. What does Henry wonder about seeing?
5. What puts Henry to sleep the first night in the new camp?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)