|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Henry jealous of the men leaving the battlefield?
(a) He imagines they are the chosen ones.
(b) He realizes he would have been one of them.
(c) He sees them leaving without shame.
(d) He imagines they will get medals.
2. What new fear rises in Henry as the result of the tattered man's question about his wounds?
(a) that the man knows he is a deserter
(b) that he will be sent back to the front
(c) that he might get wounded like him
(d) that he will be found out
3. What does Henry realize could happen to him as he runs down the road?
(a) If he falls now he will surely be trampled to death.
(b) If he takes a wrong turn he could be shot.
(c) If he loses his concentration, he might get lost.
(d) If he stops for breath, he will never catch up.
4. What do some of the soldiers do to make marching easier?
(a) hold hands
(b) shed their knapsacks
(d) make jokes
5. What is Henry's initial reaction to the results of his first battle?
(a) He wishes for a way to go home.
(b) He is in a daze and cannot think.
(c) He congratualtes himself on coming through it.
(d) He wishes he had run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's first impulse as he watches the battle?
2. Why does the lieutenant hold his hand away from his body?
3. What does Henry wonder about seeing?
4. What question begins to disturb Henry before he goes to battle?
5. What does Henry feel at times about the wounded men?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)