|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Henry's comrades behaving in the face of imminent warfare?
(a) They keep to themselves like Henry.
(b) They give off airs of being fearless.
(c) They tell stoies about their bravery.
(d) They refuse to think about it.
2. What puts Henry to sleep the first night in the new camp?
(a) reflections of fire on the wall of his tent
(b) the voices of men gathered around a fire
(c) a soldier playing a harmonica
(d) exhaustion from the day's march
3. Why does Henry begin to think it would be better to be killed?
(a) to have his troubles ended
(b) to teach a lesson to the lieutenant
(c) to escape his duty
(d) to get some rest
4. Who catches up to Henry after Jim Conklin dies?
(a) the field doctor
(b) the lieutenant
(c) the tattered man
(d) the general
5. What does it feel like to Henry as he waits for the Rebels to charge?
(a) like waiting for a parade to start when the circus comes to his village
(b) like suffocating in a vat of oil
(c) like what he imagines the judgment day is like
(d) like being buried alive
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry wipe his eyes with his coat sleeve?
2. How does the whole scene appear to Henry?
3. How are the troops feeling as they are still on the move?
4. What is Henry's last view of the tattered man?
5. What happens to Henry physically as he marches on toward the battle?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)