|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After walking around all morning, where does the regiment go?
(a) over near the banks of a river
(b) back to the original camp
(c) back to the same ground it had taken in the morning
(d) back to Washington D. C.
2. Who does Henry meet up with as he walks with the wounded?
(a) the lieutenant with the wounded hand
(b) the general he saw on a horse
(c) Jim, from his regiment
(d) the pipe smoking comrade
3. Who catches up to Henry after Jim Conklin dies?
(a) the general
(b) the lieutenant
(c) the field doctor
(d) the tattered man
4. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
(a) as being more of a hero than they
(b) as having superior intellect
(c) as being more stupid than his comrades
(d) as physically weaker than the ones who stayed
5. What unexpected action does Henry take?
(a) He climbs a tree to wait for the battle to come to him.
(b) He starts running toward the battle sounds.
(c) He runs deeper into the woods.
(d) He circles around to get near the Rebel army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry first blame for his guilty condition?
2. What is Henry's reply when the tattered man asks again about his wounds?
3. How does Henry know that the Union forces had won this second battle?
4. Why does Henry wipe his eyes with his coat sleeve?
5. How does Henry picture the advancing Rebels?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)