|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What amazes Henry after the Rebels retreat?
(a) that the sky is still blue
(b) that he cannot stand up
(c) that his ears are still ringing
(d) that he is still alive
2. What is Henry's first impulse as he watches the battle?
(a) to give up and go home
(b) to return and fight
(c) to kill himself
(d) to wound himself
3. What do the retreating men not see?
(a) the officers on horseback
(b) the men of Henry's regiment
(c) the river blocking their way
(d) the trees in the woods
4. What brings Henry out of his stupor?
(a) Someone cries out that the enemy is coming.
(b) He hears the Rebel war cry.
(c) A bullet whizzes by his head.
(d) The lieutenant kicks him.
5. What does Henry realize could happen to him as he runs down the road?
(a) If he falls now he will surely be trampled to death.
(b) If he loses his concentration, he might get lost.
(c) If he stops for breath, he will never catch up.
(d) If he takes a wrong turn he could be shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Henry sees a man in front of him drop his rifle and run away?
2. Where does the bullet hit the lieutenant?
3. How does Henry's question about his bravery continue?
4. What would Henry like to find by looking into the eyes of a corpse?
5. What begins happening as runners come back out of the haze?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)