|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of Henry's tent mates ask him to do?
(a) to cover him while he rushes the line
(b) to get him to a medic
(c) to say a prayer for him
(d) to take a few things to his folks
2. How does Henry describe Jim's wounds?
(a) like the hole in a doughnut
(b) like a butchered calf
(c) like his side was eaten by wolves
(d) like a split open watermelon
3. What would Henry like to find by looking into the eyes of a corpse?
(a) the answer to his big question
(b) if he is still alive
(c) if the soldier had any pain
(d) if he is a yankee or a rebel
4. Who does Henry meet up with as he walks with the wounded?
(a) Jim, from his regiment
(b) the general he saw on a horse
(c) the pipe smoking comrade
(d) the lieutenant with the wounded hand
5. Against whom does Henry develop a particular anger?
(a) the loud soldier
(b) the tall soldier
(d) the generals
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry feel at times about the wounded men?
2. Climbing over a fence, what does Henry discover?
3. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
4. What does Henry realize could happen to him as he runs down the road?
5. What destroys Henry's rationalization about nature prompting him to run?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)