|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Against whom does Henry develop a particular anger?
(a) the loud soldier
(b) the generals
(d) the tall soldier
2. How does Henry first feel when he realizes that the Union has won the second battle?
(a) confused and disbelieving
(b) betrayed in a way
(d) afraid of what will happen to him now
3. At twilight after running aimlessly in the woods, what sound does Henry hear?
(a) the sound of squirrels chattering in the trees
(b) the sound of resuming battle
(c) the sound of cattle returning to their barns
(d) the sound of singing and dnacing
4. What follows the men returning from the battlefield?
(a) catcalls and bullets whizzing by their heads
(b) military ambulance wagons
(c) horses that have lost their riders
(d) stray dogs afraid of the noise
5. Climbing over a fence, what does Henry discover?
(a) a field of tall corn he can hide in
(b) a cow he can milk to get something to fill his stomach
(c) the ground littered with the bodies of the dead and wounded
(d) a small group of other deserters
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Henry ordered to get Jim off the road?
2. How is the regiment treated on the way to Washington?
3. What makes Henry believe that at last his chance to prove himself has come?
4. How does Henry describe Jim's wounds?
5. Who impresses Henry when he stops by the school to say good-bye?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)