|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the retreating men not see?
(a) the officers on horseback
(b) the trees in the woods
(c) the river blocking their way
(d) the men of Henry's regiment
2. Running down the road, what is Henry trying to do?
(a) to load his rifle
(b) to keep up with the other men
(c) to keep his head down
(d) to find out what is happening
3. When Henry meets up with a wounded man, what does the man want to know?
(a) where he can find some water
(b) where he left his rifle
(c) what time it is
(d) where he was wounded
4. Who does Henry meet up with as he walks with the wounded?
(a) Jim, from his regiment
(b) the general he saw on a horse
(c) the lieutenant with the wounded hand
(d) the pipe smoking comrade
5. What is Henry's initial reaction to the results of his first battle?
(a) He wishes for a way to go home.
(b) He is in a daze and cannot think.
(c) He wishes he had run away.
(d) He congratualtes himself on coming through it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one young man of the battalion do at the first volley?
2. What is the pipe smoking friend's reply when Henry asks if he might run away from battle?
3. How does the pipe-smoking friend try to encourage Henry?
4. How does Henry know that the Union forces had won this second battle?
5. What does Henry see his mother doing as he turns to look back?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)