|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What destroys Henry's rationalization about nature prompting him to run?
(a) some wounded soldiers rejoicing over the victory
(b) the sight of the dead man with the ants crawling over his skin
(c) a squirrel being eaten by a stray cat
(d) a rainstorm that comes up suddenly
2. As the Union soldiers get back into position, what is happening?
(a) Bugles are sounding loudly.
(b) The earth is shaking underneat them.
(c) Bullets are flying, shearing off blades of grass.
(d) Fire breaks out behind them.
3. What do the Union soldiers do as the Rebels advance?
(a) say prayers
(b) hold their breath
(c) run for cover
(d) ready their cartridges
4. Where does the bullet hit the lieutenant?
(a) in the chest
(b) in his hand
(c) in the head
(d) in his leg
5. Why does Henry begin to think it would be better to be killed?
(a) to get some rest
(b) to escape his duty
(c) to have his troubles ended
(d) to teach a lesson to the lieutenant
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the whole scene appear to Henry?
2. What brings Henry out of his stupor?
3. What question begins to disturb Henry before he goes to battle?
4. What does Henry feel at times about the wounded men?
5. What follows the men returning from the battlefield?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)