|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Running down the road, what is Henry trying to do?
(a) to find out what is happening
(b) to keep his head down
(c) to load his rifle
(d) to keep up with the other men
2. How are Henry's comrades behaving in the face of imminent warfare?
(a) They give off airs of being fearless.
(b) They refuse to think about it.
(c) They tell stoies about their bravery.
(d) They keep to themselves like Henry.
3. How does Henry imagine the battle sounds he hears at night?
(a) as two panthers fighting
(b) as thunder in the clouds
(c) as drums in a parade
(d) a red and green dragons
4. What new fear rises in Henry as the result of the tattered man's question about his wounds?
(a) that the man knows he is a deserter
(b) that he might get wounded like him
(c) that he will be found out
(d) that he will be sent back to the front
5. What do the Union soldiers do as the Rebels advance?
(a) run for cover
(b) hold their breath
(c) say prayers
(d) ready their cartridges
Short Answer Questions
1. What question begins to disturb Henry before he goes to battle?
2. What makes it difficult for them to make out anything in front of them?
3. Why does Henry wipe his eyes with his coat sleeve?
4. After walking around all morning, where does the regiment go?
5. What describes the noises Henry hears coming from the Rebels?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)