|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry go to collect his thoughts?
(a) away from camp to lie in the grass
(b) down by a stream
(c) to the camp chaplain
(d) into his tent
2. Why has Henry delayed so many times from enlisting in the army?
(a) because of his mother
(b) because of his dreams
(c) because of his fear
(d) because of his age
3. How is the horror personified among Henry's regiment?
(a) Blood dripping from the returning soldiers
(b) Panic among the officers
(c) Comrades falling dead in front of them
(d) Officers cursing the twist of fate
4. What happens when Henry sees a man in front of him drop his rifle and run away?
(a) He shoots the man in the back.
(b) He takes a bullet in the arm.
(c) He yells for the lieutenant.
(d) He panics and runs too.
5. Where does Henry's mother think he could be put to better use than in the army?
(a) in a schoolroom
(b) as a postman
(c) in the navy
(d) on the farm
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry wipe his eyes with his coat sleeve?
2. What follows the men returning from the battlefield?
3. What are all the men doing after the battle?
4. What question is Henry's first rationalization for his having run away?
5. What destroys Henry's rationalization about nature prompting him to run?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)