|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What puts Henry to sleep the first night in the new camp?
(a) the voices of men gathered around a fire
(b) exhaustion from the day's march
(c) a soldier playing a harmonica
(d) reflections of fire on the wall of his tent
2. Who impresses Henry when he stops by the school to say good-bye?
(a) the mayor of the town
(b) the school master
(c) a dark haired girl
(d) the boys on the playground
3. How is Henry shooting and reloading as the Rebels arrive?
(a) very slowly
(b) like a machine
(c) not very methodically
4. What results from the order to move?
(a) They march into Washington for a parade.
(b) They march several miles and return to camp.
(c) They march into an ambush.
(d) They march for hours and set up another camp.
5. What are all the men doing after the battle?
(b) thanking God
(c) making small talk
(d) keeping quiet
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when a huge swarm of soldiers retreats with stragglers heading every which way?
2. How are the troops feeling as they are still on the move?
3. How does Henry imagine the battle sounds he hears at night?
4. What is the feeling among the regiment?
5. At what is Henry's anger directed during the battle?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)