|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
(a) all right if it only means a new camp
(b) all right because it keeps them in shape
(c) all right because it is better than doing nothing
(d) all right if there is a battle at the end of it
2. Where does the bullet hit the lieutenant?
(a) in the head
(b) in his leg
(c) in his hand
(d) in the chest
3. How does Henry describe his months in camp?
(a) too short
4. What question begins to disturb Henry before he goes to battle?
(a) how he will take cover
(b) why he enlisted
(c) if he will run
(d) whether he can shoot a rifle
5. What warning does Henry's mother give her son?
(a) to stay behind the lines
(b) to wash behind his ears
(c) to watch the company he keeps
(d) to be careful what he eats
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the pipe smoking friend's reply when Henry asks if he might run away from battle?
2. What is distant and surreal in Henry's mind?
3. What does Henry feel at times about the wounded men?
4. What does one of Henry's tent mates ask him to do?
5. How does Henry know that the Union forces had won this second battle?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)