|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What results from the order to move?
(a) They march several miles and return to camp.
(b) They march for hours and set up another camp.
(c) They march into Washington for a parade.
(d) They march into an ambush.
2. What happens when a huge swarm of soldiers retreats with stragglers heading every which way?
(a) the fog lifts
(b) they move to replace them
(c) their tones change
(d) the sun sets
3. Where does Henry's mother think he could be put to better use than in the army?
(a) on the farm
(b) in a schoolroom
(c) as a postman
(d) in the navy
4. How does Henry begin to feel about the battle he had been in?
(a) that it was only a minor incident
(b) that it had all been a dream
(c) that it was far more dnagerous than what he ran from
(d) that he had not understood the danger
5. What are the running and retreating soldiers seeking?
(a) replacement soldiers
(b) places to take cover
(c) comfort in numbers
(d) escape from the madness
Short Answer Questions
1. What puts Henry to sleep the first night in the new camp?
2. What question begins to disturb Henry before he goes to battle?
3. What do the retreating men not see?
4. What rumor passing through the regiment begins the novel?
5. How does the whole scene appear to Henry?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)