|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry describe Jim's wounds?
(a) like a split open watermelon
(b) like the hole in a doughnut
(c) like his side was eaten by wolves
(d) like a butchered calf
2. How does the whole scene appear to Henry?
(b) super realistic
(d) common place
3. As a boy, how had Henry imagined himself ?
(a) as a gentleman farmer
(b) as a politician
(c) as a hero in wars
(d) as a school teacher
4. What amazes Henry after the Rebels retreat?
(a) that he is still alive
(b) that the sky is still blue
(c) that his ears are still ringing
(d) that he cannot stand up
5. What does Henry think the lieutenant is lacking?
(a) a loaded rifle
(b) a plan of attack
(c) his horse
(d) any appreciation for fine minds
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry imagine the battle sounds he hears at night?
2. How does the pipe-smoking friend try to encourage Henry?
3. Against whom does Henry develop a particular anger?
4. What does Henry's friend reply to his offer to help him walk?
5. What does Henry feel at times about the wounded men?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)