|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry's initial reaction to the results of his first battle?
(a) He is in a daze and cannot think.
(b) He wishes he had run away.
(c) He wishes for a way to go home.
(d) He congratualtes himself on coming through it.
2. How does Henry picture the advancing Rebels?
(a) as an advancing freight train
(b) as a great cloud of thunder
(c) as a swarm of bees
(d) as a red and green dragon
3. What results from the order to move?
(a) They march into Washington for a parade.
(b) They march several miles and return to camp.
(c) They march for hours and set up another camp.
(d) They march into an ambush.
4. What does Henry's mother do for him before he leaves?
(a) bakes him some cookies
(b) cuts his hair
(c) brushes his uniform
(d) knits him some socks
5. What warning does Henry's mother give her son?
(a) to be careful what he eats
(b) to wash behind his ears
(c) to stay behind the lines
(d) to watch the company he keeps
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Henry shooting and reloading as the Rebels arrive?
2. As a boy, how had Henry imagined himself ?
3. What makes it difficult for them to make out anything in front of them?
4. What does the lieutenant do to the boy who tries to run away?
5. What is the pipe smoking friend's reply when Henry asks if he might run away from battle?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)