|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
(a) as being more stupid than his comrades
(b) as having superior intellect
(c) as physically weaker than the ones who stayed
(d) as being more of a hero than they
2. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
(a) all right if it only means a new camp
(b) all right because it keeps them in shape
(c) all right if there is a battle at the end of it
(d) all right because it is better than doing nothing
3. What does Henry's mother do for him before he leaves?
(a) knits him some socks
(b) bakes him some cookies
(c) cuts his hair
(d) brushes his uniform
4. How does the whole scene appear to Henry?
(b) super realistic
(c) common place
5. At twilight after running aimlessly in the woods, what sound does Henry hear?
(a) the sound of resuming battle
(b) the sound of squirrels chattering in the trees
(c) the sound of cattle returning to their barns
(d) the sound of singing and dnacing
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes it difficult for them to make out anything in front of them?
2. How does Henry imagine the battle sounds he hears at night?
3. What do the Union soldiers do as the Rebels advance?
4. What is the feeling among the regiment?
5. What does one of Henry's tent mates ask him to do?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)