|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Henry believe that at last his chance to prove himself has come?
(a) Extra firing practice is ordered.
(b) The regiment is ordered to move.
(c) Many officers ride into camp from the front.
(d) Sounds of battle get near the camp.
2. How does the pipe-smoking friend try to encourage Henry?
(a) by telling him jokes
(b) by getting his mind off battle
(c) by predicting he will do great things
(d) by saying they will be side by side
3. At what is Henry's anger directed during the battle?
(a) the lieutenants
(b) the heat
(c) the noise
(d) the smoke
4. What do the Union soldiers do as the Rebels advance?
(a) say prayers
(b) hold their breath
(c) ready their cartridges
(d) run for cover
5. When Henry meets up with a wounded man, what does the man want to know?
(a) where he was wounded
(b) what time it is
(c) where he left his rifle
(d) where he can find some water
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings Henry out of his stupor?
2. What awakens Henry one morning?
3. How is the horror personified among Henry's regiment?
4. What happens when a huge swarm of soldiers retreats with stragglers heading every which way?
5. How does Henry begin to feel about the battle he had been in?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)