|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry realize could happen to him as he runs down the road?
(a) If he takes a wrong turn he could be shot.
(b) If he loses his concentration, he might get lost.
(c) If he stops for breath, he will never catch up.
(d) If he falls now he will surely be trampled to death.
2. What puts Henry to sleep the first night in the new camp?
(a) a soldier playing a harmonica
(b) the voices of men gathered around a fire
(c) exhaustion from the day's march
(d) reflections of fire on the wall of his tent
3. Why does Henry begin to think it would be better to be killed?
(a) to teach a lesson to the lieutenant
(b) to have his troubles ended
(c) to get some rest
(d) to escape his duty
4. What do the retreating men not see?
(a) the trees in the woods
(b) the men of Henry's regiment
(c) the officers on horseback
(d) the river blocking their way
5. Why is Henry ordered to get Jim off the road?
(a) A battery is approaching.
(b) He is walking too slow.
(c) There are holes in the road.
(d) Snipers may shoot him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Henry's regiment the morning he expects to be his first battle?
2. How does Henry picture the advancing Rebels?
3. What new fear rises in Henry as the result of the tattered man's question about his wounds?
4. What happens the morning after the rumor of going to war was circulated around the regiment?
5. Who impresses Henry when he stops by the school to say good-bye?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)