|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What destroys Henry's rationalization about nature prompting him to run?
(a) a rainstorm that comes up suddenly
(b) some wounded soldiers rejoicing over the victory
(c) a squirrel being eaten by a stray cat
(d) the sight of the dead man with the ants crawling over his skin
2. Who impresses Henry when he stops by the school to say good-bye?
(a) the mayor of the town
(b) the school master
(c) a dark haired girl
(d) the boys on the playground
3. What makes it difficult for them to make out anything in front of them?
(a) the fog
(b) the smoke
(c) the darkness
(d) the rain
4. What is distant and surreal in Henry's mind?
(a) that things go on as usual back at home
(b) that the war happens in his own country
(c) that political differences can start a war
(d) that officers hold his life in their hands
5. What makes Henry believe that at last his chance to prove himself has come?
(a) Sounds of battle get near the camp.
(b) The regiment is ordered to move.
(c) Many officers ride into camp from the front.
(d) Extra firing practice is ordered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What begins happening as runners come back out of the haze?
2. What warning does Henry's mother give her son?
3. How is the regiment treated on the way to Washington?
4. What does the lieutenant do to the boy who tries to run away?
5. When Henry meets up with a wounded man, what does the man want to know?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)