|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the pipe smoking friend leaves Henry, how does he feel?
(a) more alone than ever
(b) sure now that he will run away from battle
(c) proud that he has such a friend
(d) sure that he will not run away
2. What makes it difficult for them to make out anything in front of them?
(a) the smoke
(b) the fog
(c) the rain
(d) the darkness
3. What warning does Henry's mother give her son?
(a) to be careful what he eats
(b) to wash behind his ears
(c) to watch the company he keeps
(d) to stay behind the lines
4. What does Henry wonder about seeing?
(a) the angel of death
(b) the bullet that will pierce his body
(c) the next sunrise
(d) the monster from which all these men were fleeing
5. How are Henry's comrades behaving in the face of imminent warfare?
(a) They tell stoies about their bravery.
(b) They keep to themselves like Henry.
(c) They give off airs of being fearless.
(d) They refuse to think about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Henry delayed so many times from enlisting in the army?
2. What does Henry see that is his first encounter with the reality of war?
3. Climbing over a fence, what does Henry discover?
4. What brings Henry out of his stupor?
5. What is the pipe smoking friend's reply when Henry asks if he might run away from battle?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)