|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they stop running, what do the men begin to build?
(a) walls around their new camp
(b) little hills out of anything they can find
(c) small fires to keep warm
(d) log cabins for the officers
2. At twilight after running aimlessly in the woods, what sound does Henry hear?
(a) the sound of squirrels chattering in the trees
(b) the sound of resuming battle
(c) the sound of singing and dnacing
(d) the sound of cattle returning to their barns
3. What rumor passing through the regiment begins the novel?
(a) that the war is over
(b) that they will fight tomorrow
(c) that Rebs have surrounded the camp
(d) that Lincoln has been shot
4. What does Henry see his mother doing as he turns to look back?
(a) praying and quivering
(b) waving good-bye
(c) washing clothes
(d) hitching up the plow horse
5. How does Henry describe his months in camp?
(b) too short
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Henry's moment of panic?
2. What does Henry feel at times about the wounded men?
3. Why is Henry ordered to get Jim off the road?
4. After walking around all morning, where does the regiment go?
5. How does Henry imagine the battle sounds he hears at night?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)