|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brings Henry out of his stupor?
(a) The lieutenant kicks him.
(b) A bullet whizzes by his head.
(c) Someone cries out that the enemy is coming.
(d) He hears the Rebel war cry.
2. What new fear rises in Henry as the result of the tattered man's question about his wounds?
(a) that he will be sent back to the front
(b) that he might get wounded like him
(c) that he will be found out
(d) that the man knows he is a deserter
3. How does Henry picture the advancing Rebels?
(a) as an advancing freight train
(b) as a great cloud of thunder
(c) as a red and green dragon
(d) as a swarm of bees
4. How does Henry imagine the battle sounds he hears at night?
(a) as thunder in the clouds
(b) as two panthers fighting
(c) a red and green dragons
(d) as drums in a parade
5. What question is Henry's first rationalization for his having run away?
(a) Hadn't the lieutenant ordered him to drop back?
(b) Weren't there a lot of others who had run before he did?
(c) Wasn't saving himself the same as saving a piece of the army?
(d) Didn't he stay close enough that no one would notice him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the feeling among the regiment?
2. Where does Henry's mother think he could be put to better use than in the army?
3. What do the retreating men not see?
4. Why has Henry delayed so many times from enlisting in the army?
5. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)