|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of Henry's tent mates ask him to do?
(a) to cover him while he rushes the line
(b) to say a prayer for him
(c) to get him to a medic
(d) to take a few things to his folks
2. What does Henry's friend reply to his offer to help him walk?
(a) Others need help more than me.
(b) Help me sit down.
(c) Leave me be.
(d) Thanks, my friend.
3. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
(a) as physically weaker than the ones who stayed
(b) as being more of a hero than they
(c) as being more stupid than his comrades
(d) as having superior intellect
4. What results from the order to move?
(a) They march into Washington for a parade.
(b) They march for hours and set up another camp.
(c) They march into an ambush.
(d) They march several miles and return to camp.
5. How does Henry's question about his bravery continue?
(a) He tries to calculate the odds of his running away.
(b) He puts it all out of his mind.
(c) He makes a joke of the idea.
(d) He has terrible dreams of running away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry feel at times about the wounded men?
2. As the Union soldiers get back into position, what is happening?
3. What is the pipe smoking friend's reply when Henry asks if he might run away from battle?
4. What warning does Henry's mother give her son?
5. As a boy, how had Henry imagined himself ?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)