|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What destroys Henry's rationalization about nature prompting him to run?
(a) some wounded soldiers rejoicing over the victory
(b) a rainstorm that comes up suddenly
(c) a squirrel being eaten by a stray cat
(d) the sight of the dead man with the ants crawling over his skin
2. Why has Henry delayed so many times from enlisting in the army?
(a) because of his fear
(b) because of his age
(c) because of his mother
(d) because of his dreams
3. What does Henry think the lieutenant is lacking?
(a) his horse
(b) any appreciation for fine minds
(c) a plan of attack
(d) a loaded rifle
4. Running down the road, what is Henry trying to do?
(a) to keep up with the other men
(b) to keep his head down
(c) to load his rifle
(d) to find out what is happening
5. Where is Henry's regiment the morning he expects to be his first battle?
(a) on the banks of a river
(b) near a small Southern village
(c) among the trees at the edge of a grove
(d) on an open field
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry picture the advancing Rebels?
2. What warning does Henry's mother give her son?
3. What question begins to disturb Henry before he goes to battle?
4. Why does Henry begin to think it would be better to be killed?
5. What is Henry's initial reaction to the results of his first battle?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)