|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are all the men doing after the battle?
(a) thanking God
(b) keeping quiet
(d) making small talk
2. What question begins to disturb Henry before he goes to battle?
(a) if he will run
(b) whether he can shoot a rifle
(c) why he enlisted
(d) how he will take cover
3. What is distant and surreal in Henry's mind?
(a) that the war happens in his own country
(b) that officers hold his life in their hands
(c) that political differences can start a war
(d) that things go on as usual back at home
4. How does the pipe-smoking friend try to encourage Henry?
(a) by saying they will be side by side
(b) by telling him jokes
(c) by getting his mind off battle
(d) by predicting he will do great things
5. Against whom does Henry develop a particular anger?
(a) the loud soldier
(b) the generals
(c) the tall soldier
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the feeling among the regiment?
2. What does Henry realize could happen to him as he runs down the road?
3. As a boy, how had Henry imagined himself ?
4. What puts Henry to sleep the first night in the new camp?
5. What makes it difficult for them to make out anything in front of them?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)