|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the pipe smoking friend's reply when Henry asks if he might run away from battle?
(a) He says he isn't sure.
(b) He says it isn't possible.
(c) He says he probably will.
(d) He says he doesn't know.
2. What happens when Henry sees a man in front of him drop his rifle and run away?
(a) He yells for the lieutenant.
(b) He takes a bullet in the arm.
(c) He shoots the man in the back.
(d) He panics and runs too.
3. As a boy, how had Henry imagined himself ?
(a) as a politician
(b) as a school teacher
(c) as a hero in wars
(d) as a gentleman farmer
4. What are all the men doing after the battle?
(a) thanking God
(c) keeping quiet
(d) making small talk
5. What is distant and surreal in Henry's mind?
(a) that political differences can start a war
(b) that officers hold his life in their hands
(c) that the war happens in his own country
(d) that things go on as usual back at home
Short Answer Questions
1. What sudden event takes place after the first retreat of the Rebels?
2. Where does the bullet hit the lieutenant?
3. As the Union soldiers get back into position, what is happening?
4. What does Henry realize could happen to him as he runs down the road?
5. What brings Henry out of his stupor?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)