|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry's mother think he could be put to better use than in the army?
(a) in a schoolroom
(b) on the farm
(c) in the navy
(d) as a postman
2. What results from the order to move?
(a) They march several miles and return to camp.
(b) They march for hours and set up another camp.
(c) They march into Washington for a parade.
(d) They march into an ambush.
3. What is the pipe smoking friend's reply when Henry asks if he might run away from battle?
(a) He says he doesn't know.
(b) He says he probably will.
(c) He says it isn't possible.
(d) He says he isn't sure.
4. What does Henry wonder about seeing?
(a) the next sunrise
(b) the angel of death
(c) the monster from which all these men were fleeing
(d) the bullet that will pierce his body
5. How is Henry shooting and reloading as the Rebels arrive?
(a) very slowly
(b) not very methodically
(d) like a machine
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's initial reaction to the results of his first battle?
2. How does the whole scene appear to Henry?
3. After walking around all morning, where does the regiment go?
4. What does Henry think the lieutenant is lacking?
5. What does Henry's mother do for him before he leaves?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)