|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Henry's regiment the morning he expects to be his first battle?
(a) among the trees at the edge of a grove
(b) on an open field
(c) on the banks of a river
(d) near a small Southern village
2. What does Henry think the lieutenant is lacking?
(a) any appreciation for fine minds
(b) a plan of attack
(c) his horse
(d) a loaded rifle
3. Where does Henry's mother think he could be put to better use than in the army?
(a) in the navy
(b) as a postman
(c) in a schoolroom
(d) on the farm
4. Why does Henry wipe his eyes with his coat sleeve?
(a) Sweat is running into his eyes.
(b) He doesn't have time to use a handkerchief.
(c) Tree bark popped into his eye.
(d) He doesn't believe what he is seeing.
5. How does Henry describe his months in camp?
(d) too short
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry begin to think it would be better to be killed?
2. Against whom does Henry develop a particular anger?
3. Running down the road, what is Henry trying to do?
4. What is Henry's initial reaction to the results of his first battle?
5. What does Henry wonder about seeing?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)