|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the pipe-smoking friend try to encourage Henry?
(a) by saying they will be side by side
(b) by getting his mind off battle
(c) by telling him jokes
(d) by predicting he will do great things
2. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
(a) all right because it keeps them in shape
(b) all right if there is a battle at the end of it
(c) all right because it is better than doing nothing
(d) all right if it only means a new camp
3. What is the feeling among the regiment?
(a) The Rebels will be defeated in no time.
(b) The battle will take weeks.
(c) They will have to fight on empty stomachs today.
(d) The Union soldiers will all be massacred.
4. What question begins to disturb Henry before he goes to battle?
(a) if he will run
(b) why he enlisted
(c) whether he can shoot a rifle
(d) how he will take cover
5. Running down the road, what is Henry trying to do?
(a) to find out what is happening
(b) to load his rifle
(c) to keep up with the other men
(d) to keep his head down
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor passing through the regiment begins the novel?
2. Where is Henry's regiment the morning he expects to be his first battle?
3. How are the troops feeling as they are still on the move?
4. What does Henry's mother do for him before he leaves?
5. What does Henry see that is his first encounter with the reality of war?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)