|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the pipe smoking friend's reply when Henry asks if he might run away from battle?
(a) He says he isn't sure.
(b) He says it isn't possible.
(c) He says he probably will.
(d) He says he doesn't know.
2. When they stop running, what do the men begin to build?
(a) small fires to keep warm
(b) little hills out of anything they can find
(c) walls around their new camp
(d) log cabins for the officers
3. What warning does Henry's mother give her son?
(a) to be careful what he eats
(b) to wash behind his ears
(c) to stay behind the lines
(d) to watch the company he keeps
4. What question begins to disturb Henry before he goes to battle?
(a) whether he can shoot a rifle
(b) how he will take cover
(c) if he will run
(d) why he enlisted
5. How does Henry's question about his bravery continue?
(a) He tries to calculate the odds of his running away.
(b) He puts it all out of his mind.
(c) He makes a joke of the idea.
(d) He has terrible dreams of running away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens the morning after the rumor of going to war was circulated around the regiment?
2. What do the retreating men not see?
3. Where does the bullet hit the lieutenant?
4. How is the regiment treated on the way to Washington?
5. Why has Henry delayed so many times from enlisting in the army?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)