|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the retreating men not see?
(a) the river blocking their way
(b) the officers on horseback
(c) the men of Henry's regiment
(d) the trees in the woods
2. Against whom does Henry develop a particular anger?
(a) the tall soldier
(b) the generals
(c) the loud soldier
3. What makes Henry believe that at last his chance to prove himself has come?
(a) Many officers ride into camp from the front.
(b) Sounds of battle get near the camp.
(c) The regiment is ordered to move.
(d) Extra firing practice is ordered.
4. What makes it difficult for them to make out anything in front of them?
(a) the darkness
(b) the rain
(c) the smoke
(d) the fog
5. What rumor passing through the regiment begins the novel?
(a) that Rebs have surrounded the camp
(b) that Lincoln has been shot
(c) that the war is over
(d) that they will fight tomorrow
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the pipe-smoking friend try to encourage Henry?
2. Why has Henry delayed so many times from enlisting in the army?
3. Why does Henry wipe his eyes with his coat sleeve?
4. What does Henry realize could happen to him as he runs down the road?
5. What is the feeling among the regiment?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)