|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the pipe-smoking friend try to encourage Henry?
(a) by predicting he will do great things
(b) by telling him jokes
(c) by getting his mind off battle
(d) by saying they will be side by side
2. What does Henry see his mother doing as he turns to look back?
(a) washing clothes
(b) praying and quivering
(c) hitching up the plow horse
(d) waving good-bye
3. What does one young man of the battalion do at the first volley?
(a) He runs.
(b) He vomits.
(c) He stands up.
(d) He covers his head with both hands.
4. How is Henry shooting and reloading as the Rebels arrive?
(a) like a machine
(b) not very methodically
(c) very slowly
5. What does one of Henry's tent mates ask him to do?
(a) to take a few things to his folks
(b) to cover him while he rushes the line
(c) to say a prayer for him
(d) to get him to a medic
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Henry's comrades behaving in the face of imminent warfare?
2. What does it feel like to Henry as he waits for the Rebels to charge?
3. Why does the lieutenant hold his hand away from his body?
4. What does Henry think the lieutenant is lacking?
5. What amazes Henry after the Rebels retreat?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)