|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens the morning after the rumor of going to war was circulated around the regiment?
(a) a parade
(b) a forced march to the front
(c) an officers meeting
(d) nothing happens
2. How are the troops feeling as they are still on the move?
(a) They are happy and singing.
(b) They can march like this for hours without resting.
(c) They have high hopes of reaching the front.
(d) The heat and fatigue are overwhelming,
3. What does Henry realize could happen to him as he runs down the road?
(a) If he falls now he will surely be trampled to death.
(b) If he takes a wrong turn he could be shot.
(c) If he stops for breath, he will never catch up.
(d) If he loses his concentration, he might get lost.
4. What does Henry wonder about seeing?
(a) the monster from which all these men were fleeing
(b) the angel of death
(c) the bullet that will pierce his body
(d) the next sunrise
5. Why does Henry begin to think it would be better to be killed?
(a) to teach a lesson to the lieutenant
(b) to have his troubles ended
(c) to escape his duty
(d) to get some rest
Short Answer Questions
1. What follows the men returning from the battlefield?
2. Where is Henry's regiment the morning he expects to be his first battle?
3. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
4. How does Henry picture the advancing Rebels?
5. What makes Henry believe that at last his chance to prove himself has come?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)