|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Union soldiers do as the Rebels advance?
(a) say prayers
(b) run for cover
(c) ready their cartridges
(d) hold their breath
2. At what is Henry's anger directed during the battle?
(a) the lieutenants
(b) the heat
(c) the smoke
(d) the noise
3. What makes Henry believe that at last his chance to prove himself has come?
(a) Sounds of battle get near the camp.
(b) Extra firing practice is ordered.
(c) Many officers ride into camp from the front.
(d) The regiment is ordered to move.
4. What happens the morning after the rumor of going to war was circulated around the regiment?
(a) a parade
(b) a forced march to the front
(c) nothing happens
(d) an officers meeting
5. How are the troops feeling as they are still on the move?
(a) The heat and fatigue are overwhelming,
(b) They have high hopes of reaching the front.
(c) They are happy and singing.
(d) They can march like this for hours without resting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings Henry out of his stupor?
2. Running down the road, what is Henry trying to do?
3. What does Henry see his mother doing as he turns to look back?
4. What amazes Henry after the Rebels retreat?
5. What makes it difficult for them to make out anything in front of them?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)