|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the retreating men not see?
(a) the officers on horseback
(b) the trees in the woods
(c) the river blocking their way
(d) the men of Henry's regiment
2. What happens when Henry sees a man in front of him drop his rifle and run away?
(a) He takes a bullet in the arm.
(b) He panics and runs too.
(c) He yells for the lieutenant.
(d) He shoots the man in the back.
3. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
(a) all right because it keeps them in shape
(b) all right if it only means a new camp
(c) all right if there is a battle at the end of it
(d) all right because it is better than doing nothing
4. What makes Henry believe that at last his chance to prove himself has come?
(a) Many officers ride into camp from the front.
(b) Sounds of battle get near the camp.
(c) Extra firing practice is ordered.
(d) The regiment is ordered to move.
5. What happens the morning after the rumor of going to war was circulated around the regiment?
(a) nothing happens
(b) an officers meeting
(c) a forced march to the front
(d) a parade
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry's mother do for him before he leaves?
2. Where does Henry go to collect his thoughts?
3. How does the whole scene appear to Henry?
4. What is the pipe smoking friend's reply when Henry asks if he might run away from battle?
5. Why does the lieutenant hold his hand away from his body?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)