|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry see that is his first encounter with the reality of war?
(a) wounded soldiers coming back the other way
(b) destroyed fields
(c) the body of a dead soldier
(d) an abandoned canon
2. What is the feeling among the regiment?
(a) The Rebels will be defeated in no time.
(b) They will have to fight on empty stomachs today.
(c) The Union soldiers will all be massacred.
(d) The battle will take weeks.
3. When they stop running, what do the men begin to build?
(a) log cabins for the officers
(b) little hills out of anything they can find
(c) walls around their new camp
(d) small fires to keep warm
4. What are the running and retreating soldiers seeking?
(a) escape from the madness
(b) replacement soldiers
(c) places to take cover
(d) comfort in numbers
5. What question begins to disturb Henry before he goes to battle?
(a) why he enlisted
(b) whether he can shoot a rifle
(c) how he will take cover
(d) if he will run
Short Answer Questions
1. After walking around all morning, where does the regiment go?
2. What happens the morning after the rumor of going to war was circulated around the regiment?
3. Where does Henry's mother think he could be put to better use than in the army?
4. What does one young man of the battalion do at the first volley?
5. Where does the bullet hit the lieutenant?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)