|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the feeling among the regiment?
(a) The battle will take weeks.
(b) The Rebels will be defeated in no time.
(c) They will have to fight on empty stomachs today.
(d) The Union soldiers will all be massacred.
2. What sudden event takes place after the first retreat of the Rebels?
(a) The generals send new orders.
(b) They are ordered to march.
(c) A storm arises.
(d) They return.
3. What does it feel like to Henry as he waits for the Rebels to charge?
(a) like waiting for a parade to start when the circus comes to his village
(b) like what he imagines the judgment day is like
(c) like being buried alive
(d) like suffocating in a vat of oil
4. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
(a) all right if there is a battle at the end of it
(b) all right because it is better than doing nothing
(c) all right if it only means a new camp
(d) all right because it keeps them in shape
5. What question begins to disturb Henry before he goes to battle?
(a) whether he can shoot a rifle
(b) why he enlisted
(c) how he will take cover
(d) if he will run
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the horror personified among Henry's regiment?
2. What rumor passing through the regiment begins the novel?
3. What describes the noises Henry hears coming from the Rebels?
4. What makes Henry believe that at last his chance to prove himself has come?
5. After walking around all morning, where does the regiment go?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)