|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the troops feeling as they are still on the move?
(a) The heat and fatigue are overwhelming,
(b) They are happy and singing.
(c) They can march like this for hours without resting.
(d) They have high hopes of reaching the front.
2. What follows the men returning from the battlefield?
(a) military ambulance wagons
(b) stray dogs afraid of the noise
(c) catcalls and bullets whizzing by their heads
(d) horses that have lost their riders
3. How is the regiment treated on the way to Washington?
(a) feasted at each stop
(b) railed by angry citizens
(c) ignored by everyone
(d) kept out of the towns
4. Why does the lieutenant hold his hand away from his body?
(a) so everyone can see his wound
(b) so the blood wouldn't drip on his pants
(c) so the men will turn left
(d) so he can grab his pistol quickly
5. How is the horror personified among Henry's regiment?
(a) Officers cursing the twist of fate
(b) Comrades falling dead in front of them
(c) Panic among the officers
(d) Blood dripping from the returning soldiers
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry see that is his first encounter with the reality of war?
2. What is distant and surreal in Henry's mind?
3. What happens the morning after the rumor of going to war was circulated around the regiment?
4. What sudden event takes place after the first retreat of the Rebels?
5. What happens when Henry sees a man in front of him drop his rifle and run away?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)