|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry's mother think he could be put to better use than in the army?
(a) in the navy
(b) in a schoolroom
(c) as a postman
(d) on the farm
2. What sudden event takes place after the first retreat of the Rebels?
(a) The generals send new orders.
(b) They are ordered to march.
(c) A storm arises.
(d) They return.
3. What is the pipe smoking friend's reply when Henry asks if he might run away from battle?
(a) He says he doesn't know.
(b) He says he probably will.
(c) He says it isn't possible.
(d) He says he isn't sure.
4. How does the pipe-smoking friend try to encourage Henry?
(a) by predicting he will do great things
(b) by getting his mind off battle
(c) by telling him jokes
(d) by saying they will be side by side
5. As a boy, how had Henry imagined himself ?
(a) as a school teacher
(b) as a politician
(c) as a gentleman farmer
(d) as a hero in wars
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the horror personified among Henry's regiment?
2. As the Union soldiers get back into position, what is happening?
3. What begins happening as runners come back out of the haze?
4. Why has Henry delayed so many times from enlisting in the army?
5. Where does the bullet hit the lieutenant?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)