|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the horror personified among Henry's regiment?
(a) Officers cursing the twist of fate
(b) Panic among the officers
(c) Comrades falling dead in front of them
(d) Blood dripping from the returning soldiers
2. What are the running and retreating soldiers seeking?
(a) replacement soldiers
(b) escape from the madness
(c) places to take cover
(d) comfort in numbers
3. What puts Henry to sleep the first night in the new camp?
(a) reflections of fire on the wall of his tent
(b) the voices of men gathered around a fire
(c) a soldier playing a harmonica
(d) exhaustion from the day's march
4. Why does Henry wipe his eyes with his coat sleeve?
(a) He doesn't believe what he is seeing.
(b) Sweat is running into his eyes.
(c) He doesn't have time to use a handkerchief.
(d) Tree bark popped into his eye.
5. What do the Union soldiers do as the Rebels advance?
(a) hold their breath
(b) run for cover
(c) ready their cartridges
(d) say prayers
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Henry believe that at last his chance to prove himself has come?
2. What do the retreating men not see?
3. Running down the road, what is Henry trying to do?
4. What causes Henry's moment of panic?
5. What does Henry think the lieutenant is lacking?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)