|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a boy, how had Henry imagined himself ?
(a) as a school teacher
(b) as a gentleman farmer
(c) as a hero in wars
(d) as a politician
2. What does Henry see his mother doing as he turns to look back?
(a) praying and quivering
(b) hitching up the plow horse
(c) waving good-bye
(d) washing clothes
3. What are the running and retreating soldiers seeking?
(a) places to take cover
(b) escape from the madness
(c) replacement soldiers
(d) comfort in numbers
4. What makes Henry believe that at last his chance to prove himself has come?
(a) Many officers ride into camp from the front.
(b) Extra firing practice is ordered.
(c) The regiment is ordered to move.
(d) Sounds of battle get near the camp.
5. Why does Henry begin to think it would be better to be killed?
(a) to escape his duty
(b) to get some rest
(c) to have his troubles ended
(d) to teach a lesson to the lieutenant
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry's mother do for him before he leaves?
2. At what is Henry's anger directed during the battle?
3. How is the regiment treated on the way to Washington?
4. What is Henry's initial reaction to the results of his first battle?
5. As the Union soldiers get back into position, what is happening?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)