|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
(a) all right because it is better than doing nothing
(b) all right because it keeps them in shape
(c) all right if there is a battle at the end of it
(d) all right if it only means a new camp
2. What does it feel like to Henry as he waits for the Rebels to charge?
(a) like waiting for a parade to start when the circus comes to his village
(b) like suffocating in a vat of oil
(c) like what he imagines the judgment day is like
(d) like being buried alive
3. What does Henry realize could happen to him as he runs down the road?
(a) If he takes a wrong turn he could be shot.
(b) If he falls now he will surely be trampled to death.
(c) If he loses his concentration, he might get lost.
(d) If he stops for breath, he will never catch up.
4. What makes Henry believe that at last his chance to prove himself has come?
(a) The regiment is ordered to move.
(b) Sounds of battle get near the camp.
(c) Many officers ride into camp from the front.
(d) Extra firing practice is ordered.
5. What does the lieutenant do to the boy who tries to run away?
(a) lets him go
(b) beats him
(c) shoots him
(d) kicks him
Short Answer Questions
1. Against whom does Henry develop a particular anger?
2. What is distant and surreal in Henry's mind?
3. How does Henry describe his months in camp?
4. Why does the lieutenant hold his hand away from his body?
5. What makes it difficult for them to make out anything in front of them?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)