|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some of the soldiers do to make marching easier?
(a) make jokes
(b) hold hands
(c) shed their knapsacks
2. What are the running and retreating soldiers seeking?
(a) replacement soldiers
(b) comfort in numbers
(c) escape from the madness
(d) places to take cover
3. How is the regiment treated on the way to Washington?
(a) feasted at each stop
(b) railed by angry citizens
(c) ignored by everyone
(d) kept out of the towns
4. What does one of Henry's tent mates ask him to do?
(a) to take a few things to his folks
(b) to say a prayer for him
(c) to get him to a medic
(d) to cover him while he rushes the line
5. Where does the bullet hit the lieutenant?
(a) in the head
(b) in the chest
(c) in his leg
(d) in his hand
Short Answer Questions
1. What warning does Henry's mother give her son?
2. What happens when a huge swarm of soldiers retreats with stragglers heading every which way?
3. What awakens Henry one morning?
4. What makes Henry believe that at last his chance to prove himself has come?
5. What question begins to disturb Henry before he goes to battle?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)