|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry begin to think it would be better to be killed?
(a) to get some rest
(b) to teach a lesson to the lieutenant
(c) to escape his duty
(d) to have his troubles ended
2. What makes it difficult for them to make out anything in front of them?
(a) the rain
(b) the smoke
(c) the darkness
(d) the fog
3. What do the retreating men not see?
(a) the men of Henry's regiment
(b) the river blocking their way
(c) the officers on horseback
(d) the trees in the woods
4. What would Henry like to find by looking into the eyes of a corpse?
(a) if he is a yankee or a rebel
(b) if the soldier had any pain
(c) if he is still alive
(d) the answer to his big question
5. Who impresses Henry when he stops by the school to say good-bye?
(a) the school master
(b) a dark haired girl
(c) the mayor of the town
(d) the boys on the playground
Short Answer Questions
1. What warning does Henry's mother give her son?
2. What is the pipe smoking friend's reply when Henry asks if he might run away from battle?
3. How are the troops feeling as they are still on the move?
4. What does Henry's mother do for him before he leaves?
5. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)