|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry go to collect his thoughts?
(a) away from camp to lie in the grass
(b) down by a stream
(c) into his tent
(d) to the camp chaplain
2. What results from the order to move?
(a) They march into an ambush.
(b) They march several miles and return to camp.
(c) They march into Washington for a parade.
(d) They march for hours and set up another camp.
3. Where does Henry's mother think he could be put to better use than in the army?
(a) on the farm
(b) as a postman
(c) in the navy
(d) in a schoolroom
4. What is the feeling among the regiment?
(a) They will have to fight on empty stomachs today.
(b) The battle will take weeks.
(c) The Union soldiers will all be massacred.
(d) The Rebels will be defeated in no time.
5. What is the pipe smoking friend's reply when Henry asks if he might run away from battle?
(a) He says he isn't sure.
(b) He says he doesn't know.
(c) He says it isn't possible.
(d) He says he probably will.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor passing through the regiment begins the novel?
2. Why has Henry delayed so many times from enlisting in the army?
3. What question begins to disturb Henry before he goes to battle?
4. How does Henry describe his months in camp?
5. What do some of the soldiers do to make marching easier?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)