|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry go to collect his thoughts?
(a) to the camp chaplain
(b) down by a stream
(c) away from camp to lie in the grass
(d) into his tent
2. How are the troops feeling as they are still on the move?
(a) They are happy and singing.
(b) They can march like this for hours without resting.
(c) They have high hopes of reaching the front.
(d) The heat and fatigue are overwhelming,
3. What is the pipe smoking friend's reply when Henry asks if he might run away from battle?
(a) He says he probably will.
(b) He says he isn't sure.
(c) He says he doesn't know.
(d) He says it isn't possible.
4. Why does Henry begin to think it would be better to be killed?
(a) to teach a lesson to the lieutenant
(b) to escape his duty
(c) to get some rest
(d) to have his troubles ended
5. What does Henry's mother do for him before he leaves?
(a) brushes his uniform
(b) knits him some socks
(c) cuts his hair
(d) bakes him some cookies
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the feeling among the regiment?
2. What does Henry see that is his first encounter with the reality of war?
3. What happens the morning after the rumor of going to war was circulated around the regiment?
4. Where does Henry's mother think he could be put to better use than in the army?
5. What happens when a huge swarm of soldiers retreats with stragglers heading every which way?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)