|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry begin to think it would be better to be killed?
(a) to escape his duty
(b) to get some rest
(c) to have his troubles ended
(d) to teach a lesson to the lieutenant
2. How does Henry's question about his bravery continue?
(a) He has terrible dreams of running away.
(b) He tries to calculate the odds of his running away.
(c) He makes a joke of the idea.
(d) He puts it all out of his mind.
3. How does the pipe-smoking friend try to encourage Henry?
(a) by telling him jokes
(b) by predicting he will do great things
(c) by saying they will be side by side
(d) by getting his mind off battle
4. What does Henry see his mother doing as he turns to look back?
(a) praying and quivering
(b) waving good-bye
(c) hitching up the plow horse
(d) washing clothes
5. What follows the men returning from the battlefield?
(a) horses that have lost their riders
(b) military ambulance wagons
(c) catcalls and bullets whizzing by their heads
(d) stray dogs afraid of the noise
Short Answer Questions
1. What warning does Henry's mother give her son?
2. Why does the lieutenant hold his hand away from his body?
3. What are the running and retreating soldiers seeking?
4. How are Henry's comrades behaving in the face of imminent warfare?
5. After the pipe smoking friend leaves Henry, how does he feel?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)