|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What results from the order to move?
(a) They march for hours and set up another camp.
(b) They march into an ambush.
(c) They march into Washington for a parade.
(d) They march several miles and return to camp.
2. After the pipe smoking friend leaves Henry, how does he feel?
(a) sure now that he will run away from battle
(b) sure that he will not run away
(c) more alone than ever
(d) proud that he has such a friend
3. Why does the lieutenant hold his hand away from his body?
(a) so everyone can see his wound
(b) so the blood wouldn't drip on his pants
(c) so the men will turn left
(d) so he can grab his pistol quickly
4. What does Henry realize could happen to him as he runs down the road?
(a) If he loses his concentration, he might get lost.
(b) If he stops for breath, he will never catch up.
(c) If he takes a wrong turn he could be shot.
(d) If he falls now he will surely be trampled to death.
5. How are the troops feeling as they are still on the move?
(a) They can march like this for hours without resting.
(b) They are happy and singing.
(c) They have high hopes of reaching the front.
(d) The heat and fatigue are overwhelming,
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the horror personified among Henry's regiment?
2. What awakens Henry one morning?
3. How is the regiment treated on the way to Washington?
4. What happens the morning after the rumor of going to war was circulated around the regiment?
5. What does one of Henry's tent mates ask him to do?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)