|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry think the lieutenant is lacking?
(a) a loaded rifle
(b) any appreciation for fine minds
(c) a plan of attack
(d) his horse
2. What is distant and surreal in Henry's mind?
(a) that things go on as usual back at home
(b) that officers hold his life in their hands
(c) that the war happens in his own country
(d) that political differences can start a war
3. What does Henry see his mother doing as he turns to look back?
(a) waving good-bye
(b) praying and quivering
(c) hitching up the plow horse
(d) washing clothes
4. What makes Henry believe that at last his chance to prove himself has come?
(a) The regiment is ordered to move.
(b) Many officers ride into camp from the front.
(c) Extra firing practice is ordered.
(d) Sounds of battle get near the camp.
5. Who impresses Henry when he stops by the school to say good-bye?
(a) a dark haired girl
(b) the boys on the playground
(c) the school master
(d) the mayor of the town
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
2. Why does Henry begin to think it would be better to be killed?
3. How does the pipe-smoking friend try to encourage Henry?
4. How is the horror personified among Henry's regiment?
5. What would Henry like to find by looking into the eyes of a corpse?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)