|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry's mother do for him before he leaves?
(a) knits him some socks
(b) bakes him some cookies
(c) brushes his uniform
(d) cuts his hair
2. What warning does Henry's mother give her son?
(a) to wash behind his ears
(b) to watch the company he keeps
(c) to stay behind the lines
(d) to be careful what he eats
3. After the pipe smoking friend leaves Henry, how does he feel?
(a) proud that he has such a friend
(b) sure now that he will run away from battle
(c) more alone than ever
(d) sure that he will not run away
4. When they stop running, what do the men begin to build?
(a) small fires to keep warm
(b) walls around their new camp
(c) little hills out of anything they can find
(d) log cabins for the officers
5. What is distant and surreal in Henry's mind?
(a) that things go on as usual back at home
(b) that political differences can start a war
(c) that the war happens in his own country
(d) that officers hold his life in their hands
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Henry's comrades behaving in the face of imminent warfare?
2. What does Henry think the lieutenant is lacking?
3. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
4. Running down the road, what is Henry trying to do?
5. After walking around all morning, where does the regiment go?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)