|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry think the lieutenant is lacking?
(a) a loaded rifle
(b) any appreciation for fine minds
(c) his horse
(d) a plan of attack
2. Where does Henry go to collect his thoughts?
(a) into his tent
(b) to the camp chaplain
(c) down by a stream
(d) away from camp to lie in the grass
3. Why does Henry begin to think it would be better to be killed?
(a) to have his troubles ended
(b) to teach a lesson to the lieutenant
(c) to get some rest
(d) to escape his duty
4. What results from the order to move?
(a) They march several miles and return to camp.
(b) They march into Washington for a parade.
(c) They march into an ambush.
(d) They march for hours and set up another camp.
5. Where does the bullet hit the lieutenant?
(a) in the head
(b) in his leg
(c) in the chest
(d) in his hand
Short Answer Questions
1. What begins happening as runners come back out of the haze?
2. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
3. As a boy, how had Henry imagined himself ?
4. How does the pipe-smoking friend try to encourage Henry?
5. What makes Henry believe that at last his chance to prove himself has come?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)