|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rumor passing through the regiment begins the novel?
(a) that Rebs have surrounded the camp
(b) that they will fight tomorrow
(c) that Lincoln has been shot
(d) that the war is over
2. Against whom does Henry develop a particular anger?
(a) the tall soldier
(b) the generals
(d) the loud soldier
3. What does one of Henry's tent mates ask him to do?
(a) to take a few things to his folks
(b) to get him to a medic
(c) to cover him while he rushes the line
(d) to say a prayer for him
4. After the pipe smoking friend leaves Henry, how does he feel?
(a) more alone than ever
(b) sure that he will not run away
(c) sure now that he will run away from battle
(d) proud that he has such a friend
5. What makes it difficult for them to make out anything in front of them?
(a) the fog
(b) the darkness
(c) the smoke
(d) the rain
Short Answer Questions
1. What results from the order to move?
2. After walking around all morning, where does the regiment go?
3. Why has Henry delayed so many times from enlisting in the army?
4. How does the pipe-smoking friend try to encourage Henry?
5. How are the troops feeling as they are still on the move?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)