|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the lieutenant hold his hand away from his body?
(a) so everyone can see his wound
(b) so the men will turn left
(c) so he can grab his pistol quickly
(d) so the blood wouldn't drip on his pants
2. What does Henry see that is his first encounter with the reality of war?
(a) an abandoned canon
(b) the body of a dead soldier
(c) wounded soldiers coming back the other way
(d) destroyed fields
3. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
(a) all right because it keeps them in shape
(b) all right if there is a battle at the end of it
(c) all right because it is better than doing nothing
(d) all right if it only means a new camp
4. Against whom does Henry develop a particular anger?
(a) the tall soldier
(c) the generals
(d) the loud soldier
5. Where does Henry go to collect his thoughts?
(a) down by a stream
(b) to the camp chaplain
(c) away from camp to lie in the grass
(d) into his tent
Short Answer Questions
1. What puts Henry to sleep the first night in the new camp?
2. How does the pipe-smoking friend try to encourage Henry?
3. What does Henry's mother do for him before he leaves?
4. What happens when a huge swarm of soldiers retreats with stragglers heading every which way?
5. What does one of Henry's tent mates ask him to do?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)