|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Henry's regiment the morning he expects to be his first battle?
(a) on an open field
(b) among the trees at the edge of a grove
(c) near a small Southern village
(d) on the banks of a river
2. Why has Henry delayed so many times from enlisting in the army?
(a) because of his mother
(b) because of his fear
(c) because of his dreams
(d) because of his age
3. What are the running and retreating soldiers seeking?
(a) replacement soldiers
(b) places to take cover
(c) escape from the madness
(d) comfort in numbers
4. Running down the road, what is Henry trying to do?
(a) to keep his head down
(b) to load his rifle
(c) to keep up with the other men
(d) to find out what is happening
5. What results from the order to move?
(a) They march for hours and set up another camp.
(b) They march into an ambush.
(c) They march several miles and return to camp.
(d) They march into Washington for a parade.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the horror personified among Henry's regiment?
2. What would Henry like to find by looking into the eyes of a corpse?
3. What follows the men returning from the battlefield?
4. How does Henry's question about his bravery continue?
5. What awakens Henry one morning?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)