|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the pipe smoking friend leaves Henry, how does he feel?
(a) sure that he will not run away
(b) more alone than ever
(c) sure now that he will run away from battle
(d) proud that he has such a friend
2. What rumor passing through the regiment begins the novel?
(a) that the war is over
(b) that Rebs have surrounded the camp
(c) that Lincoln has been shot
(d) that they will fight tomorrow
3. What awakens Henry one morning?
(a) a fire in the camp
(b) a bugle
(c) an explosion
(d) a kick in the leg
4. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
(a) all right because it is better than doing nothing
(b) all right because it keeps them in shape
(c) all right if it only means a new camp
(d) all right if there is a battle at the end of it
5. How is the horror personified among Henry's regiment?
(a) Officers cursing the twist of fate
(b) Panic among the officers
(c) Blood dripping from the returning soldiers
(d) Comrades falling dead in front of them
Short Answer Questions
1. What is distant and surreal in Henry's mind?
2. Where does the bullet hit the lieutenant?
3. What results from the order to move?
4. What makes Henry believe that at last his chance to prove himself has come?
5. What does Henry's mother do for him before he leaves?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)