|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Running down the road, what is Henry trying to do?
(a) to find out what is happening
(b) to load his rifle
(c) to keep his head down
(d) to keep up with the other men
2. What is the pipe smoking friend's reply when Henry asks if he might run away from battle?
(a) He says he probably will.
(b) He says he doesn't know.
(c) He says he isn't sure.
(d) He says it isn't possible.
3. Where does the bullet hit the lieutenant?
(a) in his leg
(b) in the chest
(c) in the head
(d) in his hand
4. What makes it difficult for them to make out anything in front of them?
(a) the fog
(b) the darkness
(c) the rain
(d) the smoke
5. When they stop running, what do the men begin to build?
(a) log cabins for the officers
(b) little hills out of anything they can find
(c) walls around their new camp
(d) small fires to keep warm
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Henry believe that at last his chance to prove himself has come?
2. How are the troops feeling as they are still on the move?
3. After walking around all morning, where does the regiment go?
4. Why has Henry delayed so many times from enlisting in the army?
5. What does Henry realize could happen to him as he runs down the road?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)