|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the pipe-smoking friend try to encourage Henry?
(a) by getting his mind off battle
(b) by saying they will be side by side
(c) by telling him jokes
(d) by predicting he will do great things
2. What does Henry see that is his first encounter with the reality of war?
(a) wounded soldiers coming back the other way
(b) the body of a dead soldier
(c) destroyed fields
(d) an abandoned canon
3. What makes it difficult for them to make out anything in front of them?
(a) the darkness
(b) the fog
(c) the rain
(d) the smoke
4. What makes Henry believe that at last his chance to prove himself has come?
(a) Many officers ride into camp from the front.
(b) Extra firing practice is ordered.
(c) The regiment is ordered to move.
(d) Sounds of battle get near the camp.
5. What do the retreating men not see?
(a) the trees in the woods
(b) the officers on horseback
(c) the river blocking their way
(d) the men of Henry's regiment
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the bullet hit the lieutenant?
2. What awakens Henry one morning?
3. What would Henry like to find by looking into the eyes of a corpse?
4. What puts Henry to sleep the first night in the new camp?
5. How does Henry's question about his bravery continue?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)