|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the horror personified among Henry's regiment?
(a) Officers cursing the twist of fate
(b) Blood dripping from the returning soldiers
(c) Comrades falling dead in front of them
(d) Panic among the officers
2. Running down the road, what is Henry trying to do?
(a) to keep up with the other men
(b) to load his rifle
(c) to find out what is happening
(d) to keep his head down
3. What would Henry like to find by looking into the eyes of a corpse?
(a) if he is a yankee or a rebel
(b) if he is still alive
(c) if the soldier had any pain
(d) the answer to his big question
4. How does Henry's question about his bravery continue?
(a) He makes a joke of the idea.
(b) He puts it all out of his mind.
(c) He tries to calculate the odds of his running away.
(d) He has terrible dreams of running away.
5. What does one of Henry's tent mates ask him to do?
(a) to say a prayer for him
(b) to cover him while he rushes the line
(c) to get him to a medic
(d) to take a few things to his folks
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry see that is his first encounter with the reality of war?
2. Who impresses Henry when he stops by the school to say good-bye?
3. How are Henry's comrades behaving in the face of imminent warfare?
4. What is the pipe smoking friend's reply when Henry asks if he might run away from battle?
5. What rumor passing through the regiment begins the novel?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)