|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What results from the order to move?
(a) They march several miles and return to camp.
(b) They march into an ambush.
(c) They march for hours and set up another camp.
(d) They march into Washington for a parade.
2. How does the pipe-smoking friend try to encourage Henry?
(a) by telling him jokes
(b) by getting his mind off battle
(c) by predicting he will do great things
(d) by saying they will be side by side
3. How does Henry's question about his bravery continue?
(a) He has terrible dreams of running away.
(b) He tries to calculate the odds of his running away.
(c) He makes a joke of the idea.
(d) He puts it all out of his mind.
4. What question begins to disturb Henry before he goes to battle?
(a) why he enlisted
(b) whether he can shoot a rifle
(c) how he will take cover
(d) if he will run
5. How are the troops feeling as they are still on the move?
(a) They have high hopes of reaching the front.
(b) They are happy and singing.
(c) They can march like this for hours without resting.
(d) The heat and fatigue are overwhelming,
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
2. What are the running and retreating soldiers seeking?
3. As a boy, how had Henry imagined himself ?
4. What does Henry's mother do for him before he leaves?
5. Why does Henry begin to think it would be better to be killed?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)