|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does Henry's mother give her son?
(a) to be careful what he eats
(b) to stay behind the lines
(c) to wash behind his ears
(d) to watch the company he keeps
2. What rumor passing through the regiment begins the novel?
(a) that the war is over
(b) that they will fight tomorrow
(c) that Rebs have surrounded the camp
(d) that Lincoln has been shot
3. What does Henry think the lieutenant is lacking?
(a) his horse
(b) a loaded rifle
(c) a plan of attack
(d) any appreciation for fine minds
4. How is the regiment treated on the way to Washington?
(a) feasted at each stop
(b) railed by angry citizens
(c) kept out of the towns
(d) ignored by everyone
5. Where does Henry's mother think he could be put to better use than in the army?
(a) on the farm
(b) as a postman
(c) in the navy
(d) in a schoolroom
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the bullet hit the lieutenant?
2. What is the feeling among the regiment?
3. What is distant and surreal in Henry's mind?
4. After walking around all morning, where does the regiment go?
5. What results from the order to move?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)