|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the pipe-smoking friend try to encourage Henry?
(a) by predicting he will do great things
(b) by telling him jokes
(c) by saying they will be side by side
(d) by getting his mind off battle
2. How is the regiment treated on the way to Washington?
(a) ignored by everyone
(b) kept out of the towns
(c) feasted at each stop
(d) railed by angry citizens
3. Where does the bullet hit the lieutenant?
(a) in his hand
(b) in the head
(c) in his leg
(d) in the chest
4. Why has Henry delayed so many times from enlisting in the army?
(a) because of his age
(b) because of his mother
(c) because of his fear
(d) because of his dreams
5. How are Henry's comrades behaving in the face of imminent warfare?
(a) They keep to themselves like Henry.
(b) They tell stoies about their bravery.
(c) They give off airs of being fearless.
(d) They refuse to think about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor passing through the regiment begins the novel?
2. Why does Henry begin to think it would be better to be killed?
3. How does Henry's question about his bravery continue?
4. Who impresses Henry when he stops by the school to say good-bye?
5. What follows the men returning from the battlefield?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)