|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the regiment treated on the way to Washington?
(a) kept out of the towns
(b) feasted at each stop
(c) ignored by everyone
(d) railed by angry citizens
2. When they stop running, what do the men begin to build?
(a) small fires to keep warm
(b) little hills out of anything they can find
(c) log cabins for the officers
(d) walls around their new camp
3. What awakens Henry one morning?
(a) a fire in the camp
(b) a bugle
(c) a kick in the leg
(d) an explosion
4. What happens the morning after the rumor of going to war was circulated around the regiment?
(a) nothing happens
(b) a forced march to the front
(c) a parade
(d) an officers meeting
5. What does Henry wonder about seeing?
(a) the next sunrise
(b) the bullet that will pierce his body
(c) the angel of death
(d) the monster from which all these men were fleeing
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry go to collect his thoughts?
2. Where does Henry's mother think he could be put to better use than in the army?
3. After walking around all morning, where does the regiment go?
4. Why does Henry begin to think it would be better to be killed?
5. What does one of Henry's tent mates ask him to do?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)