|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the lieutenant hold his hand away from his body?
(a) so he can grab his pistol quickly
(b) so the blood wouldn't drip on his pants
(c) so the men will turn left
(d) so everyone can see his wound
2. Who impresses Henry when he stops by the school to say good-bye?
(a) a dark haired girl
(b) the mayor of the town
(c) the school master
(d) the boys on the playground
3. What does Henry think the lieutenant is lacking?
(a) his horse
(b) any appreciation for fine minds
(c) a plan of attack
(d) a loaded rifle
4. After walking around all morning, where does the regiment go?
(a) back to Washington D. C.
(b) back to the original camp
(c) back to the same ground it had taken in the morning
(d) over near the banks of a river
5. What does Henry see his mother doing as he turns to look back?
(a) waving good-bye
(b) hitching up the plow horse
(c) washing clothes
(d) praying and quivering
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry wonder about seeing?
2. What is the feeling among the regiment?
3. How is the horror personified among Henry's regiment?
4. What does Henry's mother do for him before he leaves?
5. What are the running and retreating soldiers seeking?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)