|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question begins to disturb Henry before he goes to battle?
(a) why he enlisted
(b) how he will take cover
(c) if he will run
(d) whether he can shoot a rifle
2. Where does Henry's mother think he could be put to better use than in the army?
(a) in the navy
(b) on the farm
(c) as a postman
(d) in a schoolroom
3. What does Henry wonder about seeing?
(a) the next sunrise
(b) the angel of death
(c) the bullet that will pierce his body
(d) the monster from which all these men were fleeing
4. As a boy, how had Henry imagined himself ?
(a) as a politician
(b) as a gentleman farmer
(c) as a school teacher
(d) as a hero in wars
5. What does one of Henry's tent mates ask him to do?
(a) to cover him while he rushes the line
(b) to take a few things to his folks
(c) to say a prayer for him
(d) to get him to a medic
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry see his mother doing as he turns to look back?
2. What does Henry realize could happen to him as he runs down the road?
3. What is distant and surreal in Henry's mind?
4. What is the feeling among the regiment?
5. How does Henry describe his months in camp?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)