Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a higher ranking officer do to the lieutenant?
(a) Gives him a commendation.
(b) Belittles him for not going farther.
(c) Orders him to report to the general.
(d) Relieves him of duty.
2. What does Henry realize could happen to him as he runs down the road?
(a) If he takes a wrong turn he could be shot.
(b) If he stops for breath, he will never catch up.
(c) If he loses his concentration, he might get lost.
(d) If he falls now he will surely be trampled to death.
3. How does Henry begin to imagine himself?
(a) receiving a special commendation
(b) as a leader to end all wars
(c) becoming a wise general
(d) lying dead on a battlefield
4. What is the pipe smoking friend's reply when Henry asks if he might run away from battle?
(a) He says he isn't sure.
(b) He says he doesn't know.
(c) He says he probably will.
(d) He says it isn't possible.
5. What does Henry see on the faces of sleeping soldiers?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Henry meets up with a wounded man, what does the man want to know?
2. What warning does Henry's mother give her son?
3. How does he think men perceive him?
4. What dangerous undertaking does Henry do after the flag bearer is killed?
5. What happens as the smoke begins to clear?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)