|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry take refuge?
(a) in a cave
(b) behind a dead soldier
(c) behind a small tree
(d) under a wagon
2. How are the troops feeling as they are still on the move?
(a) They are happy and singing.
(b) The heat and fatigue are overwhelming,
(c) They can march like this for hours without resting.
(d) They have high hopes of reaching the front.
3. What does Henry feel at times about the wounded men?
4. Where does Henry go to collect his thoughts?
(a) to the camp chaplain
(b) into his tent
(c) down by a stream
(d) away from camp to lie in the grass
5. How has Henry always viewed himself in the world?
(a) as different from other men
(b) as less intelligent than others
(c) as one who always follows orders
(d) as unimportant and useless
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry first feel when he realizes that the Union has won the second battle?
2. What does Henry's mother do for him before he leaves?
3. What does Henry realize about the tattered man?
4. What happens that begins to wear on the men's nerves?
5. What starts the battle in the forest?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)