|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry recall while waiting for marching orders?
(a) the dead soldier
(b) the yellow envelope
(c) Jim Conklin's death
(d) the corpses in the field
2. What is the pipe smoking friend's reply when Henry asks if he might run away from battle?
(a) He says he doesn't know.
(b) He says he probably will.
(c) He says it isn't possible.
(d) He says he isn't sure.
3. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
(a) as being more stupid than his comrades
(b) as having superior intellect
(c) as being more of a hero than they
(d) as physically weaker than the ones who stayed
4. What makes Henry believe that at last his chance to prove himself has come?
(a) Many officers ride into camp from the front.
(b) Extra firing practice is ordered.
(c) The regiment is ordered to move.
(d) Sounds of battle get near the camp.
5. How does Henry describe Jim's wounds?
(a) like a butchered calf
(b) like his side was eaten by wolves
(c) like a split open watermelon
(d) like the hole in a doughnut
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the whole scene appear to Henry?
2. Where does Henry's mother think he could be put to better use than in the army?
3. What unexpected action does Henry take?
4. What does Henry see on the faces of sleeping soldiers?
5. What is Henry advised to avoid putting pressure on his head wound?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)