|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the tattered man say about wounds you cannot see?
(a) that they are usually fatal
(b) that they don't usually amount to much
(c) that often they are the worst ones
(d) that they don't leave a scar
2. Against whom does Henry develop a particular anger?
(a) the tall soldier
(b) the loud soldier
(d) the generals
3. What brings Henry out of his stupor?
(a) He hears the Rebel war cry.
(b) Someone cries out that the enemy is coming.
(c) The lieutenant kicks him.
(d) A bullet whizzes by his head.
4. What question begins to disturb Henry before he goes to battle?
(a) how he will take cover
(b) whether he can shoot a rifle
(c) why he enlisted
(d) if he will run
5. What amazes Henry after the Rebels retreat?
(a) that he is still alive
(b) that the sky is still blue
(c) that his ears are still ringing
(d) that he cannot stand up
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the lieutenant hold his hand away from his body?
2. Why has Henry delayed so many times from enlisting in the army?
3. How is Henry shooting and reloading as the Rebels arrive?
4. Who does Henry meet up with as he walks with the wounded?
5. What is it that Henry believes he is the only man who can see?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)