Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Climbing over a fence, what does Henry discover?
(a) a cow he can milk to get something to fill his stomach
(b) a small group of other deserters
(c) the ground littered with the bodies of the dead and wounded
(d) a field of tall corn he can hide in
2. How does Henry's question about his bravery continue?
(a) He makes a joke of the idea.
(b) He puts it all out of his mind.
(c) He has terrible dreams of running away.
(d) He tries to calculate the odds of his running away.
3. What follows the men returning from the battlefield?
(a) horses that have lost their riders
(b) catcalls and bullets whizzing by their heads
(c) stray dogs afraid of the noise
(d) military ambulance wagons
4. How is the regiment treated on the way to Washington?
(a) railed by angry citizens
(b) feasted at each stop
(c) kept out of the towns
(d) ignored by everyone
5. What causes Henry's moment of panic?
(a) He remembers thinking about running.
(b) He remembers he forgot to pray that morning.
(c) He is momentarily blinded by the smoke.
(d) He doesn't remember loading his rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes it difficult for them to make out anything in front of them?
2. Why has Henry delayed so many times from enlisting in the army?
3. What are the running and retreating soldiers seeking?
4. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
5. When Henry meets up with a wounded man, what does the man want to know?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)