|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What amazes Henry after the Rebels retreat?
(a) that the sky is still blue
(b) that his ears are still ringing
(c) that he is still alive
(d) that he cannot stand up
2. How does Henry describe his months in camp?
(c) too short
3. After walking around all morning, where does the regiment go?
(a) back to Washington D. C.
(b) back to the original camp
(c) back to the same ground it had taken in the morning
(d) over near the banks of a river
4. What does Henry see his mother doing as he turns to look back?
(a) waving good-bye
(b) hitching up the plow horse
(c) washing clothes
(d) praying and quivering
5. What begins happening as runners come back out of the haze?
(a) the rumors and stories
(b) canon bursts
(c) heavy rainfall
(d) orders to march
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry see that is his first encounter with the reality of war?
2. What is distant and surreal in Henry's mind?
3. Where is Henry's regiment the morning he expects to be his first battle?
4. How is Henry shooting and reloading as the Rebels arrive?
5. How does Henry picture the advancing Rebels?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)