|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What follows the men returning from the battlefield?
(a) horses that have lost their riders
(b) catcalls and bullets whizzing by their heads
(c) military ambulance wagons
(d) stray dogs afraid of the noise
2. What does Henry see his mother doing as he turns to look back?
(a) waving good-bye
(b) hitching up the plow horse
(c) praying and quivering
(d) washing clothes
3. What puts Henry to sleep the first night in the new camp?
(a) exhaustion from the day's march
(b) the voices of men gathered around a fire
(c) a soldier playing a harmonica
(d) reflections of fire on the wall of his tent
4. What does Henry's mother do for him before he leaves?
(a) brushes his uniform
(b) bakes him some cookies
(c) cuts his hair
(d) knits him some socks
5. What awakens Henry one morning?
(a) a fire in the camp
(b) a bugle
(c) an explosion
(d) a kick in the leg
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the pipe smoking friend's reply when Henry asks if he might run away from battle?
2. As a boy, how had Henry imagined himself ?
3. What do some of the soldiers do to make marching easier?
4. What makes it difficult for them to make out anything in front of them?
5. Where is Henry's regiment the morning he expects to be his first battle?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)