|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Henry believe that at last his chance to prove himself has come?
(a) Extra firing practice is ordered.
(b) Sounds of battle get near the camp.
(c) Many officers ride into camp from the front.
(d) The regiment is ordered to move.
2. What does Henry first blame for his guilty condition?
(a) the man in front of him who ran
(c) the generals
3. Who does Henry spot as he approaches his regiment?
(b) the sergeant
(d) the lieutenant
4. What does the tattered man say about wounds you cannot see?
(a) that they don't leave a scar
(b) that they are usually fatal
(c) that they don't usually amount to much
(d) that often they are the worst ones
5. How does most of the regiment react to the news of their charge against the enemy?
(a) with disbelief
(b) ralllying with anticipation
(d) objecting loudly
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry meet up with as he walks with the wounded?
2. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
3. What results from the order to move?
4. How do the men react to the approach of the Rebel forces?
5. What does the regiment know of the military machinery behind their orders to charge the Rebels?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)