|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry describe Jim's wounds?
(a) like a butchered calf
(b) like the hole in a doughnut
(c) like a split open watermelon
(d) like his side was eaten by wolves
2. What makes Henry believe that at last his chance to prove himself has come?
(a) Many officers ride into camp from the front.
(b) Sounds of battle get near the camp.
(c) The regiment is ordered to move.
(d) Extra firing practice is ordered.
3. What happens the morning after the rumor of going to war was circulated around the regiment?
(a) a parade
(b) a forced march to the front
(c) an officers meeting
(d) nothing happens
4. At what is Henry's anger directed during the battle?
(a) the smoke
(b) the lieutenants
(c) the heat
(d) the noise
5. What is Henry advised to avoid putting pressure on his head wound?
(a) not to bump his head on a tree limb
(b) not to go to sleep
(c) not to talk or yell
(d) not to touch the bandage
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry's friend reply to his offer to help him walk?
2. Who do Henry and his friend overhear on the road?
3. How does most of the regiment react to the news of their charge against the enemy?
4. What does a Major volunteer Henry's regiment to do?
5. Against whom does Henry develop a particular anger?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)