|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry surmise as the men swarm toward where he is?
(a) that the battle is lost
(b) that they are looking for him
(c) that he had fallen asleep
(d) that he will be trampled
2. What is Henry's initial reaction to the results of his first battle?
(a) He wishes for a way to go home.
(b) He is in a daze and cannot think.
(c) He congratualtes himself on coming through it.
(d) He wishes he had run away.
3. What do the men at the front of the unit do when they halt in some trees?
(a) start looking for a white flag
(b) bow their heads and accept death
(c) drink water and rest a moment
(d) let the men ehind them come forward
4. What does Henry see on the faces of sleeping soldiers?
5. How is this charge a turning point for the regiment?
(a) They no longer fear death.
(b) They refuse to fight again.
(c) They now see that it is possible to win.
(d) They learn how to reload faster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What awakens Henry one morning?
2. What amazes Henry after the Rebels retreat?
3. What is it that Henry believes he is the only man who can see?
4. What destroys Henry's rationalization about nature prompting him to run?
5. In the charge, what gives Henry momentum to keep going?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)