|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry first feel when he realizes that the Union has won the second battle?
(a) betrayed in a way
(b) confused and disbelieving
(c) afraid of what will happen to him now
2. What does Henry feel at times about the wounded men?
3. What happens when the shooting starts?
(a) Henry runs away again.
(b) A bugle sounds retreat.
(c) The Rebels jump up and run.
(d) Men on the front line begin falling.
4. What does Henry surmise as the men swarm toward where he is?
(a) that he had fallen asleep
(b) that they are looking for him
(c) that the battle is lost
(d) that he will be trampled
5. What does it feel like to Henry as he waits for the Rebels to charge?
(a) like waiting for a parade to start when the circus comes to his village
(b) like what he imagines the judgment day is like
(c) like suffocating in a vat of oil
(d) like being buried alive
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one young man of the battalion do at the first volley?
2. How are Henry's comrades behaving in the face of imminent warfare?
3. What happens that begins to wear on the men's nerves?
4. What amazes Henry after the Rebels retreat?
5. What does Henry imagine himself doing sometime in the future?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)