|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it feel like to Henry as he waits for the Rebels to charge?
(a) like what he imagines the judgment day is like
(b) like suffocating in a vat of oil
(c) like being buried alive
(d) like waiting for a parade to start when the circus comes to his village
2. After the pipe smoking friend leaves Henry, how does he feel?
(a) proud that he has such a friend
(b) sure that he will not run away
(c) sure now that he will run away from battle
(d) more alone than ever
3. Who does Henry conclude would never rage at nature?
(a) a man who never makes mistakes
(b) a man who doesn't think too much
(c) a man with a full stomach and self-respect
(d) a man who believes in God
4. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
(a) as having superior intellect
(b) as being more of a hero than they
(c) as physically weaker than the ones who stayed
(d) as being more stupid than his comrades
5. Who does Henry meet up with as he walks with the wounded?
(a) Jim, from his regiment
(b) the lieutenant with the wounded hand
(c) the pipe smoking comrade
(d) the general he saw on a horse
Short Answer Questions
1. As the men of the regiment fight like wild animals, what happens suddenly?
2. After the battle is over when Henry distinguished himself, what do he and his friend attempt to do?
3. What happens the morning after the rumor of going to war was circulated around the regiment?
4. What does the regiment know of the military machinery behind their orders to charge the Rebels?
5. How does Henry rationalize his railing at nature while he was on the run?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)