|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dangerous undertaking does Henry do after the flag bearer is killed?
(a) He runs into the trees to shoot whoever killed the flag bearer.
(b) He runs to inform the lieutenant.
(c) He takes charge of carrying the flag.
(d) He stands up and fires wildly.
2. What would Henry like to find by looking into the eyes of a corpse?
(a) if the soldier had any pain
(b) if he is a yankee or a rebel
(c) if he is still alive
(d) the answer to his big question
3. What are all the men doing after the battle?
(a) thanking God
(b) keeping quiet
(d) making small talk
4. Once in position, what does Henry see?
(a) a long stretch of cleared wood with flashes of rifle fire
(b) a long clearing with sandbag walls on the far side
(c) a long stretch of burned out forest
(d) a row of Rebel canons aimed in his direction
5. How are the troops feeling as they are still on the move?
(a) They are happy and singing.
(b) They can march like this for hours without resting.
(c) They have high hopes of reaching the front.
(d) The heat and fatigue are overwhelming,
Short Answer Questions
1. At what is Henry's anger directed during the battle?
2. What sudden event takes place after the first retreat of the Rebels?
3. How is Henry shooting and reloading as the Rebels arrive?
4. What does a Major volunteer Henry's regiment to do?
5. What seems to be happening to Henry's perception as the shooting starts?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)