|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry imagine himself doing sometime in the future?
(a) training young soldiers in rifle shooting
(b) telling his stories by candlelight in a parlor
(c) lecturing young men on going to war
(d) writing a book about his adventures
2. How is Henry shooting and reloading as the Rebels arrive?
(a) not very methodically
(b) like a machine
(c) very slowly
3. Against whom does Henry develop a particular anger?
(b) the loud soldier
(c) the tall soldier
(d) the generals
4. What does Wilson help Henry do?
(a) get treatment for his head injury
(b) find another rifle
(c) locate a place to sleep
(d) get something to eat
5. What does Henry see that is his first encounter with the reality of war?
(a) an abandoned canon
(b) destroyed fields
(c) wounded soldiers coming back the other way
(d) the body of a dead soldier
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry conclude would never rage at nature?
2. What does Henry recall while waiting for marching orders?
3. How does the pipe-smoking friend try to encourage Henry?
4. What does Henry's friend reply to his offer to help him walk?
5. What new fear rises in Henry as the result of the tattered man's question about his wounds?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)