|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are all the men doing after the battle?
(a) keeping quiet
(b) making small talk
(c) thanking God
2. How are the troops feeling as they are still on the move?
(a) They can march like this for hours without resting.
(b) They have high hopes of reaching the front.
(c) The heat and fatigue are overwhelming,
(d) They are happy and singing.
3. How does Henry rationalize his railing at nature while he was on the run?
(a) He had been confused and disoriented.
(b) He didn't really mean it.
(c) The doomed and the damned are allowed to do it.
(d) Hunger made him irrational.
4. When they stop running, what do the men begin to build?
(a) small fires to keep warm
(b) log cabins for the officers
(c) walls around their new camp
(d) little hills out of anything they can find
5. What brings Henry out of his stupor?
(a) He hears the Rebel war cry.
(b) Someone cries out that the enemy is coming.
(c) A bullet whizzes by his head.
(d) The lieutenant kicks him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Henry about his head wound?
2. How does Henry describe Jim's wounds?
3. What dangerous undertaking does Henry do after the flag bearer is killed?
4. What awakens Henry one morning?
5. What becomes Henry's grandiose image of himself?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)