|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the men of the regiment fight like wild animals, what happens suddenly?
(a) The Rebels disappear.
(b) Henry loses his rifle.
(c) Canons start firing.
(d) Henry loses the flag.
2. What would Henry like to find by looking into the eyes of a corpse?
(a) if the soldier had any pain
(b) if he is a yankee or a rebel
(c) if he is still alive
(d) the answer to his big question
3. What does Henry think the lieutenant is lacking?
(a) a plan of attack
(b) any appreciation for fine minds
(c) his horse
(d) a loaded rifle
4. How does Henry describe Jim's wounds?
(a) like a split open watermelon
(b) like the hole in a doughnut
(c) like his side was eaten by wolves
(d) like a butchered calf
5. What does Henry surmise as the men swarm toward where he is?
(a) that the battle is lost
(b) that they are looking for him
(c) that he will be trampled
(d) that he had fallen asleep
Short Answer Questions
1. After the pipe smoking friend leaves Henry, how does he feel?
2. Running down the road, what is Henry trying to do?
3. Who does Henry conclude would never rage at nature?
4. Why does Henry wipe his eyes with his coat sleeve?
5. After the battle is over when Henry distinguished himself, what do he and his friend attempt to do?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)