|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Running down the road, what is Henry trying to do?
(a) to load his rifle
(b) to keep his head down
(c) to find out what is happening
(d) to keep up with the other men
2. Against whom does Henry develop a particular anger?
(a) the tall soldier
(b) the loud soldier
(c) the generals
3. How is this charge a turning point for the regiment?
(a) They no longer fear death.
(b) They learn how to reload faster.
(c) They refuse to fight again.
(d) They now see that it is possible to win.
4. What does Wilson help Henry do?
(a) get something to eat
(b) locate a place to sleep
(c) find another rifle
(d) get treatment for his head injury
5. What are the men doing in the forest as Henry nears his regiment?
(a) looking for something to eat
(b) walking in circles
(c) getting ready to sleep
(d) digging holes in the ground
Short Answer Questions
1. As the Union soldiers get back into position, what is happening?
2. What happens as the smoke begins to clear?
3. Who catches up to Henry after Jim Conklin dies?
4. What causes the regiment to slow its advance against the Rebels?
5. What do the men at the front of the unit do when they halt in some trees?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)