|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men at the front of the unit do when they halt in some trees?
(a) let the men ehind them come forward
(b) drink water and rest a moment
(c) bow their heads and accept death
(d) start looking for a white flag
2. What happens when the shooting starts?
(a) A bugle sounds retreat.
(b) Men on the front line begin falling.
(c) The Rebels jump up and run.
(d) Henry runs away again.
3. What causes Henry's moment of panic?
(a) He remembers he forgot to pray that morning.
(b) He remembers thinking about running.
(c) He doesn't remember loading his rifle.
(d) He is momentarily blinded by the smoke.
4. Where does Henry go to collect his thoughts?
(a) into his tent
(b) away from camp to lie in the grass
(c) down by a stream
(d) to the camp chaplain
5. What do some of the soldiers do to make marching easier?
(a) make jokes
(c) shed their knapsacks
(d) hold hands
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry know that the Union forces had won this second battle?
2. What awakens Henry one morning?
3. What question is Henry's first rationalization for his having run away?
4. Who does Henry meet up with as he walks with the wounded?
5. What is Henry's reply when the tattered man asks again about his wounds?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)