|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry recall while waiting for marching orders?
(a) Jim Conklin's death
(b) the dead soldier
(c) the corpses in the field
(d) the yellow envelope
2. What does one of Henry's tent mates ask him to do?
(a) to get him to a medic
(b) to take a few things to his folks
(c) to cover him while he rushes the line
(d) to say a prayer for him
3. What does it feel like to Henry as he waits for the Rebels to charge?
(a) like what he imagines the judgment day is like
(b) like being buried alive
(c) like suffocating in a vat of oil
(d) like waiting for a parade to start when the circus comes to his village
4. When the orders come, where is Henry's regiment gong?
(a) to join other regiments about to charge the Rebels
(b) back to base for more training
(c) to relieve another regiment in the trenches
(d) to circle around behind the Rebel army
5. What puts Henry to sleep the first night in the new camp?
(a) reflections of fire on the wall of his tent
(b) the voices of men gathered around a fire
(c) exhaustion from the day's march
(d) a soldier playing a harmonica
Short Answer Questions
1. Once in position, what does Henry see?
2. What is Henry advised to avoid putting pressure on his head wound?
3. Where does Henry go to collect his thoughts?
4. What dangerous undertaking does Henry do after the flag bearer is killed?
5. What does one young man of the battalion do at the first volley?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)