|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry meet up with as he walks with the wounded?
(a) the general he saw on a horse
(b) the lieutenant with the wounded hand
(c) Jim, from his regiment
(d) the pipe smoking comrade
2. How do the men react to the approach of the Rebel forces?
(a) mostly standing still as though tied to stakes
(b) looking around for ways of escape
(c) darting around to be more difficult targets
(d) quaking in their boots
3. What brings Henry out of his stupor?
(a) He hears the Rebel war cry.
(b) A bullet whizzes by his head.
(c) Someone cries out that the enemy is coming.
(d) The lieutenant kicks him.
4. How does Henry explain his absence from the regiment.
(a) He says his wound knocked him unconscious.
(b) He says he got separated and received a head wound.
(c) He says a lieutenant sent him on an errand.
(d) He says he was there all the time but no one saw him.
5. What amazes Henry after the Rebels retreat?
(a) that his ears are still ringing
(b) that the sky is still blue
(c) that he cannot stand up
(d) that he is still alive
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the regiment know of the military machinery behind their orders to charge the Rebels?
2. After Henry plants the flag in the ground, what happens?
3. What happens as the smoke begins to clear?
4. Who do Henry and his friend tell what they have overheard?
5. What happens when Henry sees a man in front of him drop his rifle and run away?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)