|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry's question about his bravery continue?
(a) He makes a joke of the idea.
(b) He has terrible dreams of running away.
(c) He puts it all out of his mind.
(d) He tries to calculate the odds of his running away.
2. What is Henry advised to avoid putting pressure on his head wound?
(a) not to bump his head on a tree limb
(b) not to talk or yell
(c) not to touch the bandage
(d) not to go to sleep
3. What does Henry realize could happen to him as he runs down the road?
(a) If he falls now he will surely be trampled to death.
(b) If he takes a wrong turn he could be shot.
(c) If he loses his concentration, he might get lost.
(d) If he stops for breath, he will never catch up.
4. When they stop running, what do the men begin to build?
(a) log cabins for the officers
(b) small fires to keep warm
(c) little hills out of anything they can find
(d) walls around their new camp
5. What are the men doing in the forest as Henry nears his regiment?
(a) walking in circles
(b) looking for something to eat
(c) getting ready to sleep
(d) digging holes in the ground
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a Major volunteer Henry's regiment to do?
2. Describe the man who helps Henry locate his regiment?
3. Why is Henry ordered to get Jim off the road?
4. What surprises Henry about his head wound?
5. Running down the road, what is Henry trying to do?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)