|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What puts Henry to sleep the first night in the new camp?
(a) the voices of men gathered around a fire
(b) exhaustion from the day's march
(c) a soldier playing a harmonica
(d) reflections of fire on the wall of his tent
2. Once in position, what does Henry see?
(a) a row of Rebel canons aimed in his direction
(b) a long stretch of cleared wood with flashes of rifle fire
(c) a long clearing with sandbag walls on the far side
(d) a long stretch of burned out forest
3. What happens when the shooting starts?
(a) Henry runs away again.
(b) A bugle sounds retreat.
(c) The Rebels jump up and run.
(d) Men on the front line begin falling.
4. What is the sound Henry hears as he fixes his eyes on a clump of trees?
(a) the Rebel yell
(b) the song of birds
(c) the sound of laoding rigles
(d) a low, growling sound
5. How does Henry picture the advancing Rebels?
(a) as a great cloud of thunder
(b) as a swarm of bees
(c) as a red and green dragon
(d) as an advancing freight train
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry first blame for his guilty condition?
2. What becomes Henry's grandiose image of himself?
3. How are Henry's comrades behaving in the face of imminent warfare?
4. What returns to Henry in his thoughts as he waits for orders?
5. What is Henry's initial reaction to the results of his first battle?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)