|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the whole scene appear to Henry?
(c) common place
(d) super realistic
2. How does Henry describe Jim's wounds?
(a) like a split open watermelon
(b) like a butchered calf
(c) like the hole in a doughnut
(d) like his side was eaten by wolves
3. What do the men at the front of the unit do when they halt in some trees?
(a) start looking for a white flag
(b) bow their heads and accept death
(c) drink water and rest a moment
(d) let the men ehind them come forward
4. What does Henry's friend reply to his offer to help him walk?
(a) Leave me be.
(b) Thanks, my friend.
(c) Others need help more than me.
(d) Help me sit down.
5. After walking around all morning, where does the regiment go?
(a) over near the banks of a river
(b) back to the same ground it had taken in the morning
(c) back to Washington D. C.
(d) back to the original camp
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry realize could happen to him as he runs down the road?
2. What returns to Henry in his thoughts as he waits for orders?
3. What does a Major volunteer Henry's regiment to do?
4. Once in position, what does Henry see?
5. How does Henry first feel when he realizes that the Union has won the second battle?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)