|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What awakens Henry one morning?
(a) a fire in the camp
(b) a bugle
(c) an explosion
(d) a kick in the leg
2. What new fear rises in Henry as the result of the tattered man's question about his wounds?
(a) that he will be sent back to the front
(b) that he might get wounded like him
(c) that he will be found out
(d) that the man knows he is a deserter
3. Who does Henry meet up with as he walks with the wounded?
(a) the lieutenant with the wounded hand
(b) the pipe smoking comrade
(c) the general he saw on a horse
(d) Jim, from his regiment
4. What is Henry's initial reaction to the results of his first battle?
(a) He is in a daze and cannot think.
(b) He wishes for a way to go home.
(c) He congratualtes himself on coming through it.
(d) He wishes he had run away.
5. What does Henry feel at times about the wounded men?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Henry shooting and reloading as the Rebels arrive?
2. What does a Major volunteer Henry's regiment to do?
3. What returns to Henry in his thoughts as he waits for orders?
4. What destroys Henry's rationalization about nature prompting him to run?
5. What does Henry first blame for his guilty condition?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)