|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry conclude would never rage at nature?
(a) a man who believes in God
(b) a man who never makes mistakes
(c) a man with a full stomach and self-respect
(d) a man who doesn't think too much
2. What do some of the soldiers do to make marching easier?
(a) shed their knapsacks
(c) make jokes
(d) hold hands
3. What are the men doing in the forest as Henry nears his regiment?
(a) walking in circles
(b) digging holes in the ground
(c) getting ready to sleep
(d) looking for something to eat
4. What are all the men doing after the battle?
(a) thanking God
(c) keeping quiet
(d) making small talk
5. How does the pipe-smoking friend try to encourage Henry?
(a) by telling him jokes
(b) by getting his mind off battle
(c) by saying they will be side by side
(d) by predicting he will do great things
Short Answer Questions
1. What amazes Henry after the Rebels retreat?
2. What happens that begins to wear on the men's nerves?
3. In the charge, what gives Henry momentum to keep going?
4. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
5. What starts the battle in the forest?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)