|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the tattered man say about wounds you cannot see?
(a) that often they are the worst ones
(b) that they don't usually amount to much
(c) that they are usually fatal
(d) that they don't leave a scar
2. How are Henry's comrades behaving in the face of imminent warfare?
(a) They refuse to think about it.
(b) They tell stoies about their bravery.
(c) They keep to themselves like Henry.
(d) They give off airs of being fearless.
3. After the battle is over when Henry distinguished himself, what do he and his friend attempt to do?
(a) keep out of sight
(b) start a marching song
(c) inspire the troops
(d) help a wounded soldier
4. What does it feel like to Henry as he waits for the Rebels to charge?
(a) like being buried alive
(b) like waiting for a parade to start when the circus comes to his village
(c) like what he imagines the judgment day is like
(d) like suffocating in a vat of oil
5. Why does Henry wipe his eyes with his coat sleeve?
(a) He doesn't have time to use a handkerchief.
(b) He doesn't believe what he is seeing.
(c) Sweat is running into his eyes.
(d) Tree bark popped into his eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wilson help Henry do?
2. What does Henry recall while waiting for marching orders?
3. What are all the men doing after the battle?
4. What puts Henry to sleep the first night in the new camp?
5. What starts the battle in the forest?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)