|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry see his current suffering?
(a) as a burden that he sould not have to bear
(b) as being fair because he is a coward
(c) as an accident of nature
(d) as having followed the course nature laid out for him
2. What is the sound Henry hears as he fixes his eyes on a clump of trees?
(a) the sound of laoding rigles
(b) the Rebel yell
(c) a low, growling sound
(d) the song of birds
3. Running down the road, what is Henry trying to do?
(a) to load his rifle
(b) to keep his head down
(c) to keep up with the other men
(d) to find out what is happening
4. What describes the noises Henry hears coming from the Rebels?
(a) snarls, prayers, and cheers
(b) curses and cries of pain
(c) songs and drum beats
(d) pipes and harmonicas
5. After walking around all morning, where does the regiment go?
(a) back to the original camp
(b) back to Washington D. C.
(c) back to the same ground it had taken in the morning
(d) over near the banks of a river
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens that begins to wear on the men's nerves?
2. When they stop running, what do the men begin to build?
3. What causes Henry's moment of panic?
4. How is this charge a turning point for the regiment?
5. When the orders come, where is Henry's regiment gong?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)