|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Henry asks one of the soldiers what is happening?
(a) He gets hit in the head with a rifle butt.
(b) He is told to shut up and run.
(c) He is cursed as a deserter.
(d) He gets stabbed with a bayonet.
2. Instinctively, what does Henry feel about the future?
(a) His mother will not welcome him home.
(b) He is hopelessly lost.
(c) He will work his way out of his predicament.
(d) He will have to live in exile.
3. What other secret do Henry and his friend share?
(a) that not many of the regiment will survive the charge
(b) that after the charge they will be sent home
(c) that they will get extra pay for the charge
(d) that they will all receive medals for the charge
4. What is the pipe smoking friend's reply when Henry asks if he might run away from battle?
(a) He says it isn't possible.
(b) He says he doesn't know.
(c) He says he isn't sure.
(d) He says he probably will.
5. What does Henry realize about the tattered man?
(a) that he does not suspect Henry
(b) that he is faking his wounds
(c) that he is simply lonely
(d) that he, too, is about to die
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some of the soldiers do to make marching easier?
2. What is Henry advised to avoid putting pressure on his head wound?
3. What does Henry realize could happen to him as he runs down the road?
4. Who do Henry and his friend tell what they have overheard?
5. When the orders come, where is Henry's regiment gong?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)