|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it feel like to Henry as he waits for the Rebels to charge?
(a) like suffocating in a vat of oil
(b) like what he imagines the judgment day is like
(c) like waiting for a parade to start when the circus comes to his village
(d) like being buried alive
2. After the pipe smoking friend leaves Henry, how does he feel?
(a) sure now that he will run away from battle
(b) sure that he will not run away
(c) proud that he has such a friend
(d) more alone than ever
3. How does Henry know that the Union forces had won this second battle?
(a) When the gunshots stopped, the Union was not in retreat.
(b) He could hear their cheers from where he stood.
(c) He could see it from the tree he had climbed.
(d) He overheard a cavalryman talking about it.
4. Why does Henry wipe his eyes with his coat sleeve?
(a) He doesn't have time to use a handkerchief.
(b) Sweat is running into his eyes.
(c) He doesn't believe what he is seeing.
(d) Tree bark popped into his eye.
5. How are the troops feeling as they are still on the move?
(a) They have high hopes of reaching the front.
(b) The heat and fatigue are overwhelming,
(c) They can march like this for hours without resting.
(d) They are happy and singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What destroys Henry's rationalization about nature prompting him to run?
2. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
3. How does the whole scene appear to Henry?
4. What happens when Henry sees a man in front of him drop his rifle and run away?
5. What does Henry realize could happen to him as he runs down the road?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)