|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry know that the Union forces had won this second battle?
(a) When the gunshots stopped, the Union was not in retreat.
(b) He could hear their cheers from where he stood.
(c) He could see it from the tree he had climbed.
(d) He overheard a cavalryman talking about it.
2. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
(a) all right because it keeps them in shape
(b) all right if there is a battle at the end of it
(c) all right because it is better than doing nothing
(d) all right if it only means a new camp
3. Running down the road, what is Henry trying to do?
(a) to keep up with the other men
(b) to keep his head down
(c) to find out what is happening
(d) to load his rifle
4. What do the Union soldiers do as the Rebels advance?
(a) say prayers
(b) hold their breath
(c) run for cover
(d) ready their cartridges
5. What are all the men doing after the battle?
(b) keeping quiet
(c) making small talk
(d) thanking God
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some of the soldiers do to make marching easier?
2. What would Henry like to find by looking into the eyes of a corpse?
3. What is Henry's initial reaction to the results of his first battle?
4. What does Henry first blame for his guilty condition?
5. What puts Henry to sleep the first night in the new camp?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)