|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the pipe smoking friend's reply when Henry asks if he might run away from battle?
(a) He says it isn't possible.
(b) He says he isn't sure.
(c) He says he doesn't know.
(d) He says he probably will.
2. How does Henry know that the Union forces had won this second battle?
(a) He could see it from the tree he had climbed.
(b) He overheard a cavalryman talking about it.
(c) When the gunshots stopped, the Union was not in retreat.
(d) He could hear their cheers from where he stood.
3. What brings Henry out of his stupor?
(a) Someone cries out that the enemy is coming.
(b) The lieutenant kicks him.
(c) A bullet whizzes by his head.
(d) He hears the Rebel war cry.
4. How does Henry's question about his bravery continue?
(a) He tries to calculate the odds of his running away.
(b) He makes a joke of the idea.
(c) He puts it all out of his mind.
(d) He has terrible dreams of running away.
5. How is Henry shooting and reloading as the Rebels arrive?
(a) like a machine
(b) very slowly
(c) not very methodically
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the whole scene appear to Henry?
2. How are Henry's comrades behaving in the face of imminent warfare?
3. Against whom does Henry develop a particular anger?
4. What results from the order to move?
5. What does the lieutenant do to the boy who tries to run away?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)