|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one young man of the battalion do at the first volley?
(a) He covers his head with both hands.
(b) He stands up.
(c) He vomits.
(d) He runs.
2. How does Henry picture the advancing Rebels?
(a) as a red and green dragon
(b) as a great cloud of thunder
(c) as a swarm of bees
(d) as an advancing freight train
3. How does Henry first feel when he realizes that the Union has won the second battle?
(a) confused and disbelieving
(b) betrayed in a way
(c) afraid of what will happen to him now
4. Against whom does Henry develop a particular anger?
(a) the loud soldier
(c) the generals
(d) the tall soldier
5. What does Henry realize could happen to him as he runs down the road?
(a) If he falls now he will surely be trampled to death.
(b) If he loses his concentration, he might get lost.
(c) If he stops for breath, he will never catch up.
(d) If he takes a wrong turn he could be shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some of the soldiers do to make marching easier?
2. As the Union soldiers get back into position, what is happening?
3. How does Henry know that the Union forces had won this second battle?
4. What sudden event takes place after the first retreat of the Rebels?
5. What would Henry like to find by looking into the eyes of a corpse?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)