|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one young man of the battalion do at the first volley?
(a) He runs.
(b) He vomits.
(c) He covers his head with both hands.
(d) He stands up.
2. What is Henry's initial reaction to the results of his first battle?
(a) He wishes he had run away.
(b) He congratualtes himself on coming through it.
(c) He is in a daze and cannot think.
(d) He wishes for a way to go home.
3. Why does Henry wipe his eyes with his coat sleeve?
(a) Tree bark popped into his eye.
(b) He doesn't have time to use a handkerchief.
(c) He doesn't believe what he is seeing.
(d) Sweat is running into his eyes.
4. What brings Henry out of his stupor?
(a) Someone cries out that the enemy is coming.
(b) He hears the Rebel war cry.
(c) The lieutenant kicks him.
(d) A bullet whizzes by his head.
5. What happens the morning after the rumor of going to war was circulated around the regiment?
(a) an officers meeting
(b) a parade
(c) nothing happens
(d) a forced march to the front
Short Answer Questions
1. What question is Henry's first rationalization for his having run away?
2. What does the lieutenant do to the boy who tries to run away?
3. After walking around all morning, where does the regiment go?
4. When they stop running, what do the men begin to build?
5. What destroys Henry's rationalization about nature prompting him to run?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)