|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the pipe-smoking friend try to encourage Henry?
(a) by getting his mind off battle
(b) by telling him jokes
(c) by saying they will be side by side
(d) by predicting he will do great things
2. What do the Union soldiers do as the Rebels advance?
(a) run for cover
(b) say prayers
(c) ready their cartridges
(d) hold their breath
3. What does Henry think the lieutenant is lacking?
(a) his horse
(b) a loaded rifle
(c) any appreciation for fine minds
(d) a plan of attack
4. What question is Henry's first rationalization for his having run away?
(a) Hadn't the lieutenant ordered him to drop back?
(b) Weren't there a lot of others who had run before he did?
(c) Wasn't saving himself the same as saving a piece of the army?
(d) Didn't he stay close enough that no one would notice him?
5. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
(a) as physically weaker than the ones who stayed
(b) as having superior intellect
(c) as being more of a hero than they
(d) as being more stupid than his comrades
Short Answer Questions
1. What amazes Henry after the Rebels retreat?
2. Against whom does Henry develop a particular anger?
3. What puts Henry to sleep the first night in the new camp?
4. After the pipe smoking friend leaves Henry, how does he feel?
5. How does Henry first feel when he realizes that the Union has won the second battle?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)