|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it feel like to Henry as he waits for the Rebels to charge?
(a) like what he imagines the judgment day is like
(b) like waiting for a parade to start when the circus comes to his village
(c) like suffocating in a vat of oil
(d) like being buried alive
2. What does one of Henry's tent mates ask him to do?
(a) to say a prayer for him
(b) to take a few things to his folks
(c) to cover him while he rushes the line
(d) to get him to a medic
3. When they stop running, what do the men begin to build?
(a) log cabins for the officers
(b) walls around their new camp
(c) small fires to keep warm
(d) little hills out of anything they can find
4. How does the pipe-smoking friend try to encourage Henry?
(a) by saying they will be side by side
(b) by predicting he will do great things
(c) by getting his mind off battle
(d) by telling him jokes
5. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
(a) all right if there is a battle at the end of it
(b) all right if it only means a new camp
(c) all right because it is better than doing nothing
(d) all right because it keeps them in shape
Short Answer Questions
1. What describes the noises Henry hears coming from the Rebels?
2. How does Henry picture the advancing Rebels?
3. What does Henry first blame for his guilty condition?
4. As the Union soldiers get back into position, what is happening?
5. After walking around all morning, where does the regiment go?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)