|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they stop running, what do the men begin to build?
(a) log cabins for the officers
(b) small fires to keep warm
(c) walls around their new camp
(d) little hills out of anything they can find
2. What brings Henry out of his stupor?
(a) A bullet whizzes by his head.
(b) He hears the Rebel war cry.
(c) The lieutenant kicks him.
(d) Someone cries out that the enemy is coming.
3. What happens the morning after the rumor of going to war was circulated around the regiment?
(a) a parade
(b) a forced march to the front
(c) an officers meeting
(d) nothing happens
4. How are Henry's comrades behaving in the face of imminent warfare?
(a) They give off airs of being fearless.
(b) They refuse to think about it.
(c) They keep to themselves like Henry.
(d) They tell stoies about their bravery.
5. What would Henry like to find by looking into the eyes of a corpse?
(a) the answer to his big question
(b) if he is still alive
(c) if the soldier had any pain
(d) if he is a yankee or a rebel
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry first feel when he realizes that the Union has won the second battle?
2. What does Henry first blame for his guilty condition?
3. What do the Union soldiers do as the Rebels advance?
4. How does Henry know that the Union forces had won this second battle?
5. How does the pipe-smoking friend try to encourage Henry?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)