|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the whole scene appear to Henry?
(c) super realistic
(d) common place
2. Why does Henry wipe his eyes with his coat sleeve?
(a) Sweat is running into his eyes.
(b) He doesn't believe what he is seeing.
(c) Tree bark popped into his eye.
(d) He doesn't have time to use a handkerchief.
3. As the Union soldiers get back into position, what is happening?
(a) Bullets are flying, shearing off blades of grass.
(b) Bugles are sounding loudly.
(c) The earth is shaking underneat them.
(d) Fire breaks out behind them.
4. What question is Henry's first rationalization for his having run away?
(a) Wasn't saving himself the same as saving a piece of the army?
(b) Weren't there a lot of others who had run before he did?
(c) Hadn't the lieutenant ordered him to drop back?
(d) Didn't he stay close enough that no one would notice him?
5. At what is Henry's anger directed during the battle?
(a) the heat
(b) the smoke
(c) the noise
(d) the lieutenants
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Henry's comrades behaving in the face of imminent warfare?
2. What does it feel like to Henry as he waits for the Rebels to charge?
3. What amazes Henry after the Rebels retreat?
4. What happens when Henry sees a man in front of him drop his rifle and run away?
5. What describes the noises Henry hears coming from the Rebels?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)