|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry know that the Union forces had won this second battle?
(a) He could hear their cheers from where he stood.
(b) When the gunshots stopped, the Union was not in retreat.
(c) He overheard a cavalryman talking about it.
(d) He could see it from the tree he had climbed.
2. Where does Henry go to collect his thoughts?
(a) into his tent
(b) down by a stream
(c) to the camp chaplain
(d) away from camp to lie in the grass
3. How does the whole scene appear to Henry?
(a) common place
(d) super realistic
4. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
(a) as having superior intellect
(b) as being more of a hero than they
(c) as being more stupid than his comrades
(d) as physically weaker than the ones who stayed
5. How does Henry picture the advancing Rebels?
(a) as an advancing freight train
(b) as a great cloud of thunder
(c) as a swarm of bees
(d) as a red and green dragon
Short Answer Questions
1. Running down the road, what is Henry trying to do?
2. What does Henry see that is his first encounter with the reality of war?
3. How are the troops feeling as they are still on the move?
4. How does Henry's question about his bravery continue?
5. What is Henry's initial reaction to the results of his first battle?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)