|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one young man of the battalion do at the first volley?
(a) He stands up.
(b) He runs.
(c) He vomits.
(d) He covers his head with both hands.
2. What describes the noises Henry hears coming from the Rebels?
(a) songs and drum beats
(b) curses and cries of pain
(c) pipes and harmonicas
(d) snarls, prayers, and cheers
3. How does Henry's question about his bravery continue?
(a) He puts it all out of his mind.
(b) He makes a joke of the idea.
(c) He tries to calculate the odds of his running away.
(d) He has terrible dreams of running away.
4. What question is Henry's first rationalization for his having run away?
(a) Wasn't saving himself the same as saving a piece of the army?
(b) Weren't there a lot of others who had run before he did?
(c) Didn't he stay close enough that no one would notice him?
(d) Hadn't the lieutenant ordered him to drop back?
5. How does Henry first feel when he realizes that the Union has won the second battle?
(a) betrayed in a way
(b) afraid of what will happen to him now
(c) confused and disbelieving
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one of Henry's tent mates ask him to do?
2. Why does Henry wipe his eyes with his coat sleeve?
3. What puts Henry to sleep the first night in the new camp?
4. After walking around all morning, where does the regiment go?
5. What does Henry first blame for his guilty condition?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)