|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the Union soldiers get back into position, what is happening?
(a) Bullets are flying, shearing off blades of grass.
(b) Fire breaks out behind them.
(c) The earth is shaking underneat them.
(d) Bugles are sounding loudly.
2. What results from the order to move?
(a) They march into an ambush.
(b) They march into Washington for a parade.
(c) They march for hours and set up another camp.
(d) They march several miles and return to camp.
3. How does Henry picture the advancing Rebels?
(a) as a red and green dragon
(b) as an advancing freight train
(c) as a great cloud of thunder
(d) as a swarm of bees
4. What describes the noises Henry hears coming from the Rebels?
(a) songs and drum beats
(b) pipes and harmonicas
(c) snarls, prayers, and cheers
(d) curses and cries of pain
5. What does Henry think the lieutenant is lacking?
(a) a plan of attack
(b) a loaded rifle
(c) his horse
(d) any appreciation for fine minds
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some of the soldiers do to make marching easier?
2. What amazes Henry after the Rebels retreat?
3. After the pipe smoking friend leaves Henry, how does he feel?
4. How does the whole scene appear to Henry?
5. What happens when Henry sees a man in front of him drop his rifle and run away?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)