|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sudden event takes place after the first retreat of the Rebels?
(a) A storm arises.
(b) The generals send new orders.
(c) They are ordered to march.
(d) They return.
2. What does one of Henry's tent mates ask him to do?
(a) to get him to a medic
(b) to take a few things to his folks
(c) to cover him while he rushes the line
(d) to say a prayer for him
3. How are the troops feeling as they are still on the move?
(a) They can march like this for hours without resting.
(b) The heat and fatigue are overwhelming,
(c) They are happy and singing.
(d) They have high hopes of reaching the front.
4. How does Henry know that the Union forces had won this second battle?
(a) When the gunshots stopped, the Union was not in retreat.
(b) He overheard a cavalryman talking about it.
(c) He could see it from the tree he had climbed.
(d) He could hear their cheers from where he stood.
5. What happens when Henry sees a man in front of him drop his rifle and run away?
(a) He yells for the lieutenant.
(b) He shoots the man in the back.
(c) He takes a bullet in the arm.
(d) He panics and runs too.
Short Answer Questions
1. What puts Henry to sleep the first night in the new camp?
2. How does Henry picture the advancing Rebels?
3. What do some of the soldiers do to make marching easier?
4. What would Henry like to find by looking into the eyes of a corpse?
5. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)