|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the Union soldiers get back into position, what is happening?
(a) Bullets are flying, shearing off blades of grass.
(b) The earth is shaking underneat them.
(c) Bugles are sounding loudly.
(d) Fire breaks out behind them.
2. What amazes Henry after the Rebels retreat?
(a) that he cannot stand up
(b) that he is still alive
(c) that the sky is still blue
(d) that his ears are still ringing
3. What would Henry like to find by looking into the eyes of a corpse?
(a) if he is still alive
(b) the answer to his big question
(c) if the soldier had any pain
(d) if he is a yankee or a rebel
4. Against whom does Henry develop a particular anger?
(b) the loud soldier
(c) the generals
(d) the tall soldier
5. When they stop running, what do the men begin to build?
(a) walls around their new camp
(b) log cabins for the officers
(c) small fires to keep warm
(d) little hills out of anything they can find
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens the morning after the rumor of going to war was circulated around the regiment?
2. How does the pipe-smoking friend try to encourage Henry?
3. What does one young man of the battalion do at the first volley?
4. What does Henry first blame for his guilty condition?
5. At what is Henry's anger directed during the battle?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)