|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry realize could happen to him as he runs down the road?
(a) If he falls now he will surely be trampled to death.
(b) If he takes a wrong turn he could be shot.
(c) If he stops for breath, he will never catch up.
(d) If he loses his concentration, he might get lost.
2. What happens when Henry sees a man in front of him drop his rifle and run away?
(a) He panics and runs too.
(b) He yells for the lieutenant.
(c) He shoots the man in the back.
(d) He takes a bullet in the arm.
3. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
(a) as being more of a hero than they
(b) as physically weaker than the ones who stayed
(c) as having superior intellect
(d) as being more stupid than his comrades
4. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
(a) all right if there is a battle at the end of it
(b) all right if it only means a new camp
(c) all right because it keeps them in shape
(d) all right because it is better than doing nothing
5. At what is Henry's anger directed during the battle?
(a) the heat
(b) the noise
(c) the smoke
(d) the lieutenants
Short Answer Questions
1. When they stop running, what do the men begin to build?
2. After the pipe smoking friend leaves Henry, how does he feel?
3. What does the lieutenant do to the boy who tries to run away?
4. What makes Henry believe that at last his chance to prove himself has come?
5. Why does Henry wipe his eyes with his coat sleeve?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)