|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
(a) as physically weaker than the ones who stayed
(b) as being more stupid than his comrades
(c) as having superior intellect
(d) as being more of a hero than they
2. What awakens Henry one morning?
(a) a bugle
(b) an explosion
(c) a fire in the camp
(d) a kick in the leg
3. What do the Union soldiers do as the Rebels advance?
(a) hold their breath
(b) ready their cartridges
(c) run for cover
(d) say prayers
4. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
(a) all right if it only means a new camp
(b) all right because it keeps them in shape
(c) all right because it is better than doing nothing
(d) all right if there is a battle at the end of it
5. What brings Henry out of his stupor?
(a) The lieutenant kicks him.
(b) A bullet whizzes by his head.
(c) Someone cries out that the enemy is coming.
(d) He hears the Rebel war cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the pipe-smoking friend try to encourage Henry?
2. How does Henry's question about his bravery continue?
3. At what is Henry's anger directed during the battle?
4. Why does Henry wipe his eyes with his coat sleeve?
5. What happens the morning after the rumor of going to war was circulated around the regiment?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)