|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one young man of the battalion do at the first volley?
(a) He stands up.
(b) He vomits.
(c) He covers his head with both hands.
(d) He runs.
2. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
(a) all right if it only means a new camp
(b) all right because it is better than doing nothing
(c) all right if there is a battle at the end of it
(d) all right because it keeps them in shape
3. What is Henry's initial reaction to the results of his first battle?
(a) He is in a daze and cannot think.
(b) He wishes he had run away.
(c) He congratualtes himself on coming through it.
(d) He wishes for a way to go home.
4. After walking around all morning, where does the regiment go?
(a) back to the original camp
(b) back to the same ground it had taken in the morning
(c) back to Washington D. C.
(d) over near the banks of a river
5. What results from the order to move?
(a) They march into an ambush.
(b) They march for hours and set up another camp.
(c) They march into Washington for a parade.
(d) They march several miles and return to camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question is Henry's first rationalization for his having run away?
2. What are all the men doing after the battle?
3. What do some of the soldiers do to make marching easier?
4. How does Henry know that the Union forces had won this second battle?
5. Where does Henry go to collect his thoughts?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)