|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry wipe his eyes with his coat sleeve?
(a) He doesn't believe what he is seeing.
(b) He doesn't have time to use a handkerchief.
(c) Sweat is running into his eyes.
(d) Tree bark popped into his eye.
2. What is Henry's initial reaction to the results of his first battle?
(a) He congratualtes himself on coming through it.
(b) He wishes for a way to go home.
(c) He is in a daze and cannot think.
(d) He wishes he had run away.
3. What amazes Henry after the Rebels retreat?
(a) that he cannot stand up
(b) that he is still alive
(c) that his ears are still ringing
(d) that the sky is still blue
4. What happens the morning after the rumor of going to war was circulated around the regiment?
(a) nothing happens
(b) a parade
(c) a forced march to the front
(d) an officers meeting
5. What do some of the soldiers do to make marching easier?
(b) make jokes
(c) shed their knapsacks
(d) hold hands
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
2. After walking around all morning, where does the regiment go?
3. What does Henry think the lieutenant is lacking?
4. How does the whole scene appear to Henry?
5. After the pipe smoking friend leaves Henry, how does he feel?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)