|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry go to collect his thoughts?
(a) down by a stream
(b) to the camp chaplain
(c) into his tent
(d) away from camp to lie in the grass
2. What does Henry first blame for his guilty condition?
(b) the man in front of him who ran
(c) the generals
3. What are all the men doing after the battle?
(a) making small talk
(b) thanking God
(d) keeping quiet
4. What happens when Henry sees a man in front of him drop his rifle and run away?
(a) He shoots the man in the back.
(b) He panics and runs too.
(c) He takes a bullet in the arm.
(d) He yells for the lieutenant.
5. What does it feel like to Henry as he waits for the Rebels to charge?
(a) like suffocating in a vat of oil
(b) like being buried alive
(c) like what he imagines the judgment day is like
(d) like waiting for a parade to start when the circus comes to his village
Short Answer Questions
1. What results from the order to move?
2. What is the pipe smoking friend's reply when Henry asks if he might run away from battle?
3. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
4. What does one young man of the battalion do at the first volley?
5. What does the lieutenant do to the boy who tries to run away?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)