|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What describes the noises Henry hears coming from the Rebels?
(a) curses and cries of pain
(b) snarls, prayers, and cheers
(c) pipes and harmonicas
(d) songs and drum beats
2. After the pipe smoking friend leaves Henry, how does he feel?
(a) more alone than ever
(b) sure now that he will run away from battle
(c) sure that he will not run away
(d) proud that he has such a friend
3. How does the whole scene appear to Henry?
(a) common place
(b) super realistic
4. What does Henry first blame for his guilty condition?
(a) the man in front of him who ran
(c) the generals
5. Why does Henry wipe his eyes with his coat sleeve?
(a) He doesn't believe what he is seeing.
(b) Sweat is running into his eyes.
(c) Tree bark popped into his eye.
(d) He doesn't have time to use a handkerchief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What destroys Henry's rationalization about nature prompting him to run?
2. How are Henry's comrades behaving in the face of imminent warfare?
3. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
4. What awakens Henry one morning?
5. What does Henry see that is his first encounter with the reality of war?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)