|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry know that the Union forces had won this second battle?
(a) When the gunshots stopped, the Union was not in retreat.
(b) He overheard a cavalryman talking about it.
(c) He could hear their cheers from where he stood.
(d) He could see it from the tree he had climbed.
2. Where does Henry go to collect his thoughts?
(a) away from camp to lie in the grass
(b) down by a stream
(c) to the camp chaplain
(d) into his tent
3. What would Henry like to find by looking into the eyes of a corpse?
(a) if he is a yankee or a rebel
(b) if he is still alive
(c) the answer to his big question
(d) if the soldier had any pain
4. What puts Henry to sleep the first night in the new camp?
(a) the voices of men gathered around a fire
(b) reflections of fire on the wall of his tent
(c) a soldier playing a harmonica
(d) exhaustion from the day's march
5. What is Henry's initial reaction to the results of his first battle?
(a) He wishes for a way to go home.
(b) He is in a daze and cannot think.
(c) He congratualtes himself on coming through it.
(d) He wishes he had run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What results from the order to move?
2. What describes the noises Henry hears coming from the Rebels?
3. What destroys Henry's rationalization about nature prompting him to run?
4. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
5. Why does Henry begin to think it would be better to be killed?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)