|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry wipe his eyes with his coat sleeve?
(a) Sweat is running into his eyes.
(b) He doesn't believe what he is seeing.
(c) Tree bark popped into his eye.
(d) He doesn't have time to use a handkerchief.
2. What does it feel like to Henry as he waits for the Rebels to charge?
(a) like suffocating in a vat of oil
(b) like what he imagines the judgment day is like
(c) like being buried alive
(d) like waiting for a parade to start when the circus comes to his village
3. What happens when Henry sees a man in front of him drop his rifle and run away?
(a) He yells for the lieutenant.
(b) He takes a bullet in the arm.
(c) He panics and runs too.
(d) He shoots the man in the back.
4. After the pipe smoking friend leaves Henry, how does he feel?
(a) sure now that he will run away from battle
(b) proud that he has such a friend
(c) sure that he will not run away
(d) more alone than ever
5. What is the pipe smoking friend's reply when Henry asks if he might run away from battle?
(a) He says he probably will.
(b) He says he doesn't know.
(c) He says it isn't possible.
(d) He says he isn't sure.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the Union soldiers get back into position, what is happening?
2. How does Henry know that the Union forces had won this second battle?
3. Where does Henry go to collect his thoughts?
4. What is Henry's initial reaction to the results of his first battle?
5. What does Henry see that is his first encounter with the reality of war?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)