|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Henry like to find by looking into the eyes of a corpse?
(a) if the soldier had any pain
(b) if he is a yankee or a rebel
(c) the answer to his big question
(d) if he is still alive
2. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
(a) all right if there is a battle at the end of it
(b) all right because it keeps them in shape
(c) all right because it is better than doing nothing
(d) all right if it only means a new camp
3. What is the pipe smoking friend's reply when Henry asks if he might run away from battle?
(a) He says it isn't possible.
(b) He says he probably will.
(c) He says he isn't sure.
(d) He says he doesn't know.
4. How does the pipe-smoking friend try to encourage Henry?
(a) by saying they will be side by side
(b) by predicting he will do great things
(c) by getting his mind off battle
(d) by telling him jokes
5. What does Henry think the lieutenant is lacking?
(a) his horse
(b) a plan of attack
(c) any appreciation for fine minds
(d) a loaded rifle
Short Answer Questions
1. What sudden event takes place after the first retreat of the Rebels?
2. What describes the noises Henry hears coming from the Rebels?
3. How are Henry's comrades behaving in the face of imminent warfare?
4. How does the whole scene appear to Henry?
5. What happens the morning after the rumor of going to war was circulated around the regiment?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)