|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the lieutenant do to the boy who tries to run away?
(a) lets him go
(b) kicks him
(c) shoots him
(d) beats him
2. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
(a) as being more stupid than his comrades
(b) as physically weaker than the ones who stayed
(c) as having superior intellect
(d) as being more of a hero than they
3. What does it feel like to Henry as he waits for the Rebels to charge?
(a) like suffocating in a vat of oil
(b) like being buried alive
(c) like what he imagines the judgment day is like
(d) like waiting for a parade to start when the circus comes to his village
4. How does Henry's pipe-smoking friend feel about long marches?
(a) all right because it keeps them in shape
(b) all right if it only means a new camp
(c) all right if there is a battle at the end of it
(d) all right because it is better than doing nothing
5. What do some of the soldiers do to make marching easier?
(a) hold hands
(b) make jokes
(d) shed their knapsacks
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the pipe-smoking friend try to encourage Henry?
2. What does one young man of the battalion do at the first volley?
3. After the pipe smoking friend leaves Henry, how does he feel?
4. What causes Henry's moment of panic?
5. What does Henry first blame for his guilty condition?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)