Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the shooting starts?
(a) Henry runs away again.
(b) The Rebels jump up and run.
(c) A bugle sounds retreat.
(d) Men on the front line begin falling.
2. What does Henry see that is his first encounter with the reality of war?
(a) an abandoned canon
(b) the body of a dead soldier
(c) wounded soldiers coming back the other way
(d) destroyed fields
3. What is Henry's reply when the tattered man asks again about his wounds?
(a) that he was knocked unconscious and his head hurts
(b) that he doesn't want to talk about it
(c) that his wound is a broken hand that cannot fire a gun
(d) that his wound is under his shirt and the bandages stopped the bleeding
4. How are the troops feeling as they are still on the move?
(a) They can march like this for hours without resting.
(b) They have high hopes of reaching the front.
(c) The heat and fatigue are overwhelming,
(d) They are happy and singing.
5. What does Henry surmise as the men swarm toward where he is?
(a) that he will be trampled
(b) that the battle is lost
(c) that they are looking for him
(d) that he had fallen asleep
Short Answer Questions
1. What new fear rises in Henry as the result of the tattered man's question about his wounds?
2. What makes Henry believe that at last his chance to prove himself has come?
3. How has Henry always viewed himself in the world?
4. Who do Henry and his friend overhear on the road?
5. In the charge, what gives Henry momentum to keep going?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)