|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Running down the road, what is Henry trying to do?
(a) to keep his head down
(b) to load his rifle
(c) to find out what is happening
(d) to keep up with the other men
2. When they stop running, what do the men begin to build?
(a) little hills out of anything they can find
(b) log cabins for the officers
(c) small fires to keep warm
(d) walls around their new camp
3. What does Henry see on the faces of sleeping soldiers?
4. What does Henry's friend reply to his offer to help him walk?
(a) Help me sit down.
(b) Thanks, my friend.
(c) Leave me be.
(d) Others need help more than me.
5. Why is Henry ordered to get Jim off the road?
(a) He is walking too slow.
(b) Snipers may shoot him.
(c) A battery is approaching.
(d) There are holes in the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Henry always viewed himself in the world?
2. How does Henry explain his absence from the regiment.
3. How does Henry see his current suffering?
4. How does Henry picture the advancing Rebels?
5. What does Henry realize could happen to him as he runs down the road?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)