|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry describe Jim's wounds?
(a) like a butchered calf
(b) like a split open watermelon
(c) like his side was eaten by wolves
(d) like the hole in a doughnut
2. What is Henry's initial reaction to the results of his first battle?
(a) He is in a daze and cannot think.
(b) He wishes for a way to go home.
(c) He congratualtes himself on coming through it.
(d) He wishes he had run away.
3. Who does Henry meet up with as he walks with the wounded?
(a) the lieutenant with the wounded hand
(b) Jim, from his regiment
(c) the pipe smoking comrade
(d) the general he saw on a horse
4. How does Henry picture the advancing Rebels?
(a) as a swarm of bees
(b) as an advancing freight train
(c) as a red and green dragon
(d) as a great cloud of thunder
5. What does one of Henry's tent mates ask him to do?
(a) to get him to a medic
(b) to cover him while he rushes the line
(c) to say a prayer for him
(d) to take a few things to his folks
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Henry like to find by looking into the eyes of a corpse?
2. What are all the men doing after the battle?
3. How does he think men perceive him?
4. What does Henry feel at times about the wounded men?
5. What happens when Henry sees a man in front of him drop his rifle and run away?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)