|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry see on the faces of sleeping soldiers?
2. What does Henry think the lieutenant is lacking?
(a) any appreciation for fine minds
(b) a loaded rifle
(c) his horse
(d) a plan of attack
3. As the Union soldiers get back into position, what is happening?
(a) Bullets are flying, shearing off blades of grass.
(b) Bugles are sounding loudly.
(c) The earth is shaking underneat them.
(d) Fire breaks out behind them.
4. What do some of the soldiers do to make marching easier?
(a) make jokes
(b) hold hands
(c) shed their knapsacks
5. Running down the road, what is Henry trying to do?
(a) to keep his head down
(b) to keep up with the other men
(c) to load his rifle
(d) to find out what is happening
Short Answer Questions
1. When they stop running, what do the men begin to build?
2. Why does Henry begin to think it would be better to be killed?
3. What sudden event takes place after the first retreat of the Rebels?
4. How does he think men perceive him?
5. How has Henry always viewed himself in the world?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)