|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Henry like to find by looking into the eyes of a corpse?
(a) if he is still alive
(b) if he is a yankee or a rebel
(c) if the soldier had any pain
(d) the answer to his big question
2. How are the troops feeling as they are still on the move?
(a) They are happy and singing.
(b) They can march like this for hours without resting.
(c) They have high hopes of reaching the front.
(d) The heat and fatigue are overwhelming,
3. Why is Henry ordered to get Jim off the road?
(a) He is walking too slow.
(b) A battery is approaching.
(c) There are holes in the road.
(d) Snipers may shoot him.
4. Who does Henry meet up with as he walks with the wounded?
(a) Jim, from his regiment
(b) the pipe smoking comrade
(c) the lieutenant with the wounded hand
(d) the general he saw on a horse
5. What does Henry feel at times about the wounded men?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry see that is his first encounter with the reality of war?
2. When they stop running, what do the men begin to build?
3. What is Henry's initial reaction to the results of his first battle?
4. What happens when Henry sees a man in front of him drop his rifle and run away?
5. Instinctively, what does Henry feel about the future?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)