|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sudden event takes place after the first retreat of the Rebels?
(a) The generals send new orders.
(b) A storm arises.
(c) They return.
(d) They are ordered to march.
2. What do some of the soldiers do to make marching easier?
(a) make jokes
(b) hold hands
(d) shed their knapsacks
3. After getting his wound treated, what does Henry do?
(a) sits and stares into the fire
(b) begs for food and drink
(c) talks to a man by the fire
(d) tries to get some sleep
4. What would Henry like to find by looking into the eyes of a corpse?
(a) if the soldier had any pain
(b) if he is a yankee or a rebel
(c) the answer to his big question
(d) if he is still alive
5. Instinctively, what does Henry feel about the future?
(a) He will work his way out of his predicament.
(b) He will have to live in exile.
(c) He is hopelessly lost.
(d) His mother will not welcome him home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry's friend reply to his offer to help him walk?
2. What does Henry see that is his first encounter with the reality of war?
3. What does Henry feel at times about the wounded men?
4. Running down the road, what is Henry trying to do?
5. What happens when Henry sees a man in front of him drop his rifle and run away?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)