|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry see that is his first encounter with the reality of war?
(a) destroyed fields
(b) an abandoned canon
(c) the body of a dead soldier
(d) wounded soldiers coming back the other way
2. How does Henry explain his absence from the regiment.
(a) He says he got separated and received a head wound.
(b) He says he was there all the time but no one saw him.
(c) He says his wound knocked him unconscious.
(d) He says a lieutenant sent him on an errand.
3. What sudden event takes place after the first retreat of the Rebels?
(a) The generals send new orders.
(b) They return.
(c) A storm arises.
(d) They are ordered to march.
4. What does Henry think the lieutenant is lacking?
(a) his horse
(b) a plan of attack
(c) a loaded rifle
(d) any appreciation for fine minds
5. How does he think men perceive him?
(a) as a worm in an apple
(b) as a mindless monkey
(c) as a piece of trash
(d) as a greased pig
Short Answer Questions
1. After walking around all morning, where does the regiment go?
2. What new fear rises in Henry as the result of the tattered man's question about his wounds?
3. Running down the road, what is Henry trying to do?
4. Instinctively, what does Henry feel about the future?
5. What does Henry's friend reply to his offer to help him walk?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)