|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry describe Jim's wounds?
(a) like his side was eaten by wolves
(b) like a split open watermelon
(c) like a butchered calf
(d) like the hole in a doughnut
2. What does one of Henry's tent mates ask him to do?
(a) to get him to a medic
(b) to take a few things to his folks
(c) to say a prayer for him
(d) to cover him while he rushes the line
3. What are all the men doing after the battle?
(a) keeping quiet
(c) thanking God
(d) making small talk
4. What does Henry see on the faces of sleeping soldiers?
5. What does Henry feel at times about the wounded men?
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Henry always viewed himself in the world?
2. Instinctively, what does Henry feel about the future?
3. What awakens Henry one morning?
4. Why does Henry begin to think it would be better to be killed?
5. What is Henry's initial reaction to the results of his first battle?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)