|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry begin to think it would be better to be killed?
(a) to get some rest
(b) to escape his duty
(c) to have his troubles ended
(d) to teach a lesson to the lieutenant
2. What does Henry see that is his first encounter with the reality of war?
(a) an abandoned canon
(b) the body of a dead soldier
(c) destroyed fields
(d) wounded soldiers coming back the other way
3. What do some of the soldiers do to make marching easier?
(b) hold hands
(c) make jokes
(d) shed their knapsacks
4. How does he think men perceive him?
(a) as a worm in an apple
(b) as a mindless monkey
(c) as a piece of trash
(d) as a greased pig
5. How does Henry explain his absence from the regiment.
(a) He says he got separated and received a head wound.
(b) He says a lieutenant sent him on an errand.
(c) He says his wound knocked him unconscious.
(d) He says he was there all the time but no one saw him.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a victim of nature, what does Henry feel he is being denied?
2. What are all the men doing after the battle?
3. What does Henry realize could happen to him as he runs down the road?
4. After getting his wound treated, what does Henry do?
5. Instinctively, what does Henry feel about the future?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)