|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry begin to think it would be better to be killed?
(a) to get some rest
(b) to have his troubles ended
(c) to teach a lesson to the lieutenant
(d) to escape his duty
2. What is Henry's initial reaction to the results of his first battle?
(a) He is in a daze and cannot think.
(b) He wishes he had run away.
(c) He congratualtes himself on coming through it.
(d) He wishes for a way to go home.
3. When they stop running, what do the men begin to build?
(a) small fires to keep warm
(b) walls around their new camp
(c) little hills out of anything they can find
(d) log cabins for the officers
4. How does Henry explain his absence from the regiment.
(a) He says he got separated and received a head wound.
(b) He says he was there all the time but no one saw him.
(c) He says a lieutenant sent him on an errand.
(d) He says his wound knocked him unconscious.
5. How does Henry picture the advancing Rebels?
(a) as a great cloud of thunder
(b) as a red and green dragon
(c) as an advancing freight train
(d) as a swarm of bees
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry see on the faces of sleeping soldiers?
2. What does one of Henry's tent mates ask him to do?
3. What is Henry advised to avoid putting pressure on his head wound?
4. How does he think men perceive him?
5. What does Henry feel at times about the wounded men?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)