|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry see on the faces of sleeping soldiers?
2. What is Henry's initial reaction to the results of his first battle?
(a) He wishes for a way to go home.
(b) He is in a daze and cannot think.
(c) He congratualtes himself on coming through it.
(d) He wishes he had run away.
3. What does Wilson help Henry do?
(a) get treatment for his head injury
(b) find another rifle
(c) get something to eat
(d) locate a place to sleep
4. After walking around all morning, where does the regiment go?
(a) back to the same ground it had taken in the morning
(b) back to the original camp
(c) back to Washington D. C.
(d) over near the banks of a river
5. What would Henry like to find by looking into the eyes of a corpse?
(a) if the soldier had any pain
(b) the answer to his big question
(c) if he is still alive
(d) if he is a yankee or a rebel
Short Answer Questions
1. As the Union soldiers get back into position, what is happening?
2. What becomes Henry's grandiose image of himself?
3. What does Henry realize could happen to him as he runs down the road?
4. What new fear rises in Henry as the result of the tattered man's question about his wounds?
5. What is Henry advised to avoid putting pressure on his head wound?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)