|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new fear rises in Henry as the result of the tattered man's question about his wounds?
(a) that he might get wounded like him
(b) that the man knows he is a deserter
(c) that he will be found out
(d) that he will be sent back to the front
2. Why is Henry ordered to get Jim off the road?
(a) There are holes in the road.
(b) Snipers may shoot him.
(c) A battery is approaching.
(d) He is walking too slow.
3. What is Henry advised to avoid putting pressure on his head wound?
(a) not to talk or yell
(b) not to touch the bandage
(c) not to go to sleep
(d) not to bump his head on a tree limb
4. What does Henry's friend reply to his offer to help him walk?
(a) Help me sit down.
(b) Thanks, my friend.
(c) Others need help more than me.
(d) Leave me be.
5. How has Henry always viewed himself in the world?
(a) as unimportant and useless
(b) as less intelligent than others
(c) as one who always follows orders
(d) as different from other men
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry meet up with as he walks with the wounded?
2. What does Henry see that is his first encounter with the reality of war?
3. What does Henry see on the faces of sleeping soldiers?
4. As a victim of nature, what does Henry feel he is being denied?
5. How does Henry see his current suffering?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)