|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does he think men perceive him?
(a) as a piece of trash
(b) as a greased pig
(c) as a mindless monkey
(d) as a worm in an apple
2. What is Henry advised to avoid putting pressure on his head wound?
(a) not to go to sleep
(b) not to touch the bandage
(c) not to bump his head on a tree limb
(d) not to talk or yell
3. Who does Henry meet up with as he walks with the wounded?
(a) the general he saw on a horse
(b) the lieutenant with the wounded hand
(c) the pipe smoking comrade
(d) Jim, from his regiment
4. What would Henry like to find by looking into the eyes of a corpse?
(a) if he is still alive
(b) if the soldier had any pain
(c) the answer to his big question
(d) if he is a yankee or a rebel
5. What does Henry see that is his first encounter with the reality of war?
(a) wounded soldiers coming back the other way
(b) an abandoned canon
(c) destroyed fields
(d) the body of a dead soldier
Short Answer Questions
1. When they stop running, what do the men begin to build?
2. How does Henry describe Jim's wounds?
3. What does Henry's friend reply to his offer to help him walk?
4. Why is Henry ordered to get Jim off the road?
5. How does Henry explain his absence from the regiment.
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)