|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry spot as he approaches his regiment?
(b) the lieutenant
(c) the sergeant
2. What new fear rises in Henry as the result of the tattered man's question about his wounds?
(a) that he might get wounded like him
(b) that he will be sent back to the front
(c) that the man knows he is a deserter
(d) that he will be found out
3. What happens when Henry sees a man in front of him drop his rifle and run away?
(a) He shoots the man in the back.
(b) He takes a bullet in the arm.
(c) He panics and runs too.
(d) He yells for the lieutenant.
4. What would Henry like to find by looking into the eyes of a corpse?
(a) if he is still alive
(b) if he is a yankee or a rebel
(c) the answer to his big question
(d) if the soldier had any pain
5. Instinctively, what does Henry feel about the future?
(a) He is hopelessly lost.
(b) His mother will not welcome him home.
(c) He will have to live in exile.
(d) He will work his way out of his predicament.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the troops feeling as they are still on the move?
2. What does one of Henry's tent mates ask him to do?
3. What does Henry see on the faces of sleeping soldiers?
4. Who does Henry meet up with as he walks with the wounded?
5. Why is Henry ordered to get Jim off the road?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)