|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry picture the advancing Rebels?
(a) as a red and green dragon
(b) as a swarm of bees
(c) as a great cloud of thunder
(d) as an advancing freight train
2. What does Wilson help Henry do?
(a) locate a place to sleep
(b) get treatment for his head injury
(c) get something to eat
(d) find another rifle
3. Running down the road, what is Henry trying to do?
(a) to find out what is happening
(b) to keep his head down
(c) to load his rifle
(d) to keep up with the other men
4. What does Henry see that is his first encounter with the reality of war?
(a) an abandoned canon
(b) wounded soldiers coming back the other way
(c) destroyed fields
(d) the body of a dead soldier
5. Why is Henry ordered to get Jim off the road?
(a) A battery is approaching.
(b) He is walking too slow.
(c) There are holes in the road.
(d) Snipers may shoot him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What awakens Henry one morning?
2. What is Henry advised to avoid putting pressure on his head wound?
3. What are all the men doing after the battle?
4. When they stop running, what do the men begin to build?
5. Instinctively, what does Henry feel about the future?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)