|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Henry always viewed himself in the world?
(a) as less intelligent than others
(b) as different from other men
(c) as one who always follows orders
(d) as unimportant and useless
2. Running down the road, what is Henry trying to do?
(a) to load his rifle
(b) to keep up with the other men
(c) to keep his head down
(d) to find out what is happening
3. Why is Henry ordered to get Jim off the road?
(a) He is walking too slow.
(b) There are holes in the road.
(c) Snipers may shoot him.
(d) A battery is approaching.
4. What does Henry's friend reply to his offer to help him walk?
(a) Help me sit down.
(b) Others need help more than me.
(c) Leave me be.
(d) Thanks, my friend.
5. How does Henry see his current suffering?
(a) as an accident of nature
(b) as having followed the course nature laid out for him
(c) as being fair because he is a coward
(d) as a burden that he sould not have to bear
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry see that is his first encounter with the reality of war?
2. What is Henry advised to avoid putting pressure on his head wound?
3. What do some of the soldiers do to make marching easier?
4. What becomes Henry's grandiose image of himself?
5. What awakens Henry one morning?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)