|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does he think men perceive him?
(a) as a worm in an apple
(b) as a greased pig
(c) as a mindless monkey
(d) as a piece of trash
2. What does one of Henry's tent mates ask him to do?
(a) to say a prayer for him
(b) to take a few things to his folks
(c) to cover him while he rushes the line
(d) to get him to a medic
3. How are the troops feeling as they are still on the move?
(a) They can march like this for hours without resting.
(b) The heat and fatigue are overwhelming,
(c) They have high hopes of reaching the front.
(d) They are happy and singing.
4. Running down the road, what is Henry trying to do?
(a) to keep up with the other men
(b) to load his rifle
(c) to find out what is happening
(d) to keep his head down
5. Why is Henry ordered to get Jim off the road?
(a) He is walking too slow.
(b) A battery is approaching.
(c) Snipers may shoot him.
(d) There are holes in the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a victim of nature, what does Henry feel he is being denied?
2. What would Henry like to find by looking into the eyes of a corpse?
3. Who does Henry spot as he approaches his regiment?
4. What are all the men doing after the battle?
5. How does Henry explain his absence from the regiment.
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)