|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Henry is observing the battle, what happens suddenly to frighten him?
(a) Dark waves of men sweep out of the woods coming toward him.
(b) A bomb blast fall near him.
(c) Runaway horses begin to stampede.
(d) A lieutenant rides up near where he is hiding.
2. What surprises Henry about his head wound?
(a) It is bleeding profusely.
(b) It feels like he is going to die.
(c) It has blurred his vision.
(d) It doesn't hurt as much as he thought it would.
3. How does most of the regiment react to the news of their charge against the enemy?
(a) with disbelief
(c) objecting loudly
(d) ralllying with anticipation
4. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
(a) as being more of a hero than they
(b) as having superior intellect
(c) as being more stupid than his comrades
(d) as physically weaker than the ones who stayed
5. Who do Henry and his friend tell what they have overheard?
(a) their other friends in the regiment
(b) their sergeant
(c) the medics
(d) their lieutenant
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry know that the Union forces had won this second battle?
2. What does Henry surmise as the men swarm toward where he is?
3. What does Henry first blame for his guilty condition?
4. What does a Major volunteer Henry's regiment to do?
5. What question is Henry's first rationalization for his having run away?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)