|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry first blame for his guilty condition?
(a) the generals
(b) the man in front of him who ran
2. What are the men doing in the forest as Henry nears his regiment?
(a) looking for something to eat
(b) getting ready to sleep
(c) walking in circles
(d) digging holes in the ground
3. Who do Henry and his friend tell what they have overheard?
(a) their other friends in the regiment
(b) the medics
(c) their lieutenant
(d) their sergeant
4. What other secret do Henry and his friend share?
(a) that after the charge they will be sent home
(b) that they will all receive medals for the charge
(c) that they will get extra pay for the charge
(d) that not many of the regiment will survive the charge
5. How does Henry know that the Union forces had won this second battle?
(a) He could see it from the tree he had climbed.
(b) He overheard a cavalryman talking about it.
(c) He could hear their cheers from where he stood.
(d) When the gunshots stopped, the Union was not in retreat.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the battle is over when Henry distinguished himself, what do he and his friend attempt to do?
2. What does Henry surmise as the men swarm toward where he is?
3. Describe the man who helps Henry locate his regiment?
4. Who do Henry and his friend overhear on the road?
5. As Henry is observing the battle, what happens suddenly to frighten him?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)