|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Henry and his friend tell what they have overheard?
(a) their other friends in the regiment
(b) their sergeant
(c) their lieutenant
(d) the medics
2. Describe the man who helps Henry locate his regiment?
(a) He is stern and judgmental.
(b) He is young and idealistic.
(c) He is gruff and uncompromising.
(d) He is a cheery and kind old man.
3. Who do Henry and his friend overhear on the road?
(a) some Rebel officers
(b) two of their regiment planning to desert
(c) a wounded soldier begging another soldier to shoot him
(d) the general and a major
4. What happens when Henry asks one of the soldiers what is happening?
(a) He is cursed as a deserter.
(b) He is told to shut up and run.
(c) He gets stabbed with a bayonet.
(d) He gets hit in the head with a rifle butt.
5. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
(a) as being more of a hero than they
(b) as being more stupid than his comrades
(c) as having superior intellect
(d) as physically weaker than the ones who stayed
Short Answer Questions
1. What other secret do Henry and his friend share?
2. How does Henry first feel when he realizes that the Union has won the second battle?
3. What surprises Henry about his head wound?
4. After the battle is over when Henry distinguished himself, what do he and his friend attempt to do?
5. How does most of the regiment react to the news of their charge against the enemy?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)