|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the men doing in the forest as Henry nears his regiment?
(a) digging holes in the ground
(b) looking for something to eat
(c) walking in circles
(d) getting ready to sleep
2. What does a Major volunteer Henry's regiment to do?
(a) charge the enemy
(b) return to base
(c) ambush the Rebels from behind
(d) collect the bodies of the fallen
3. How does Henry first feel when he realizes that the Union has won the second battle?
(a) betrayed in a way
(b) confused and disbelieving
(c) afraid of what will happen to him now
4. What surprises Henry about his head wound?
(a) It feels like he is going to die.
(b) It is bleeding profusely.
(c) It has blurred his vision.
(d) It doesn't hurt as much as he thought it would.
5. How does most of the regiment react to the news of their charge against the enemy?
(a) objecting loudly
(b) with disbelief
(c) ralllying with anticipation
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry know that the Union forces had won this second battle?
2. What destroys Henry's rationalization about nature prompting him to run?
3. Who do Henry and his friend tell what they have overheard?
4. Describe the man who helps Henry locate his regiment?
5. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)