|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the battle is over when Henry distinguished himself, what do he and his friend attempt to do?
(a) start a marching song
(b) help a wounded soldier
(c) inspire the troops
(d) keep out of sight
2. What surprises Henry about his head wound?
(a) It feels like he is going to die.
(b) It is bleeding profusely.
(c) It has blurred his vision.
(d) It doesn't hurt as much as he thought it would.
3. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
(a) as physically weaker than the ones who stayed
(b) as being more stupid than his comrades
(c) as being more of a hero than they
(d) as having superior intellect
4. What happens when Henry asks one of the soldiers what is happening?
(a) He gets hit in the head with a rifle butt.
(b) He gets stabbed with a bayonet.
(c) He is cursed as a deserter.
(d) He is told to shut up and run.
5. What does a Major volunteer Henry's regiment to do?
(a) ambush the Rebels from behind
(b) return to base
(c) collect the bodies of the fallen
(d) charge the enemy
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry know that the Union forces had won this second battle?
2. What question is Henry's first rationalization for his having run away?
3. Who do Henry and his friend overhear on the road?
4. How does Henry first feel when he realizes that the Union has won the second battle?
5. As Henry is observing the battle, what happens suddenly to frighten him?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)