|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Henry and his friend overhear on the road?
(a) two of their regiment planning to desert
(b) a wounded soldier begging another soldier to shoot him
(c) the general and a major
(d) some Rebel officers
2. What other secret do Henry and his friend share?
(a) that after the charge they will be sent home
(b) that they will get extra pay for the charge
(c) that they will all receive medals for the charge
(d) that not many of the regiment will survive the charge
3. After the battle is over when Henry distinguished himself, what do he and his friend attempt to do?
(a) inspire the troops
(b) start a marching song
(c) help a wounded soldier
(d) keep out of sight
4. What question is Henry's first rationalization for his having run away?
(a) Wasn't saving himself the same as saving a piece of the army?
(b) Weren't there a lot of others who had run before he did?
(c) Didn't he stay close enough that no one would notice him?
(d) Hadn't the lieutenant ordered him to drop back?
5. As Henry is observing the battle, what happens suddenly to frighten him?
(a) A bomb blast fall near him.
(b) A lieutenant rides up near where he is hiding.
(c) Dark waves of men sweep out of the woods coming toward him.
(d) Runaway horses begin to stampede.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Henry asks one of the soldiers what is happening?
2. What destroys Henry's rationalization about nature prompting him to run?
3. How does most of the regiment react to the news of their charge against the enemy?
4. How does Henry know that the Union forces had won this second battle?
5. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)