|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
(a) as being more of a hero than they
(b) as having superior intellect
(c) as being more stupid than his comrades
(d) as physically weaker than the ones who stayed
2. Who do Henry and his friend overhear on the road?
(a) two of their regiment planning to desert
(b) some Rebel officers
(c) a wounded soldier begging another soldier to shoot him
(d) the general and a major
3. Who do Henry and his friend tell what they have overheard?
(a) their lieutenant
(b) their sergeant
(c) the medics
(d) their other friends in the regiment
4. What does Henry first blame for his guilty condition?
(a) the generals
(d) the man in front of him who ran
5. What destroys Henry's rationalization about nature prompting him to run?
(a) a rainstorm that comes up suddenly
(b) the sight of the dead man with the ants crawling over his skin
(c) a squirrel being eaten by a stray cat
(d) some wounded soldiers rejoicing over the victory
Short Answer Questions
1. After the battle is over when Henry distinguished himself, what do he and his friend attempt to do?
2. What other secret do Henry and his friend share?
3. What question is Henry's first rationalization for his having run away?
4. As Henry is observing the battle, what happens suddenly to frighten him?
5. Describe the man who helps Henry locate his regiment?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)