|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry know that the Union forces had won this second battle?
(a) When the gunshots stopped, the Union was not in retreat.
(b) He could hear their cheers from where he stood.
(c) He could see it from the tree he had climbed.
(d) He overheard a cavalryman talking about it.
2. Describe the man who helps Henry locate his regiment?
(a) He is young and idealistic.
(b) He is a cheery and kind old man.
(c) He is gruff and uncompromising.
(d) He is stern and judgmental.
3. What surprises Henry about his head wound?
(a) It has blurred his vision.
(b) It feels like he is going to die.
(c) It doesn't hurt as much as he thought it would.
(d) It is bleeding profusely.
4. Who do Henry and his friend tell what they have overheard?
(a) the medics
(b) their sergeant
(c) their lieutenant
(d) their other friends in the regiment
5. What question is Henry's first rationalization for his having run away?
(a) Wasn't saving himself the same as saving a piece of the army?
(b) Hadn't the lieutenant ordered him to drop back?
(c) Didn't he stay close enough that no one would notice him?
(d) Weren't there a lot of others who had run before he did?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
2. What does a Major volunteer Henry's regiment to do?
3. As Henry is observing the battle, what happens suddenly to frighten him?
4. How does most of the regiment react to the news of their charge against the enemy?
5. Who do Henry and his friend overhear on the road?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)