|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the battle is over when Henry distinguished himself, what do he and his friend attempt to do?
(a) help a wounded soldier
(b) inspire the troops
(c) keep out of sight
(d) start a marching song
2. How does Henry first feel when he realizes that the Union has won the second battle?
(a) betrayed in a way
(b) confused and disbelieving
(c) afraid of what will happen to him now
3. Who do Henry and his friend tell what they have overheard?
(a) their lieutenant
(b) their sergeant
(c) the medics
(d) their other friends in the regiment
4. As Henry is observing the battle, what happens suddenly to frighten him?
(a) Runaway horses begin to stampede.
(b) A lieutenant rides up near where he is hiding.
(c) Dark waves of men sweep out of the woods coming toward him.
(d) A bomb blast fall near him.
5. What does a Major volunteer Henry's regiment to do?
(a) collect the bodies of the fallen
(b) ambush the Rebels from behind
(c) return to base
(d) charge the enemy
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Henry about his head wound?
2. Describe the man who helps Henry locate his regiment?
3. What destroys Henry's rationalization about nature prompting him to run?
4. What happens when Henry asks one of the soldiers what is happening?
5. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)