|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry know that the Union forces had won this second battle?
(a) He could see it from the tree he had climbed.
(b) He could hear their cheers from where he stood.
(c) He overheard a cavalryman talking about it.
(d) When the gunshots stopped, the Union was not in retreat.
2. How does most of the regiment react to the news of their charge against the enemy?
(a) ralllying with anticipation
(b) with disbelief
(d) objecting loudly
3. How does Henry first feel when he realizes that the Union has won the second battle?
(a) afraid of what will happen to him now
(c) betrayed in a way
(d) confused and disbelieving
4. What does Henry surmise as the men swarm toward where he is?
(a) that he will be trampled
(b) that they are looking for him
(c) that he had fallen asleep
(d) that the battle is lost
5. What other secret do Henry and his friend share?
(a) that after the charge they will be sent home
(b) that they will all receive medals for the charge
(c) that not many of the regiment will survive the charge
(d) that they will get extra pay for the charge
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Henry and his friend tell what they have overheard?
2. What does a Major volunteer Henry's regiment to do?
3. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
4. As Henry is observing the battle, what happens suddenly to frighten him?
5. Describe the man who helps Henry locate his regiment?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)