|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Henry and his friend overhear on the road?
(a) the general and a major
(b) a wounded soldier begging another soldier to shoot him
(c) some Rebel officers
(d) two of their regiment planning to desert
2. What does Henry first blame for his guilty condition?
(a) the generals
(d) the man in front of him who ran
3. How does Henry know that the Union forces had won this second battle?
(a) He could hear their cheers from where he stood.
(b) He overheard a cavalryman talking about it.
(c) He could see it from the tree he had climbed.
(d) When the gunshots stopped, the Union was not in retreat.
4. What destroys Henry's rationalization about nature prompting him to run?
(a) a squirrel being eaten by a stray cat
(b) some wounded soldiers rejoicing over the victory
(c) the sight of the dead man with the ants crawling over his skin
(d) a rainstorm that comes up suddenly
5. What does a Major volunteer Henry's regiment to do?
(a) charge the enemy
(b) ambush the Rebels from behind
(c) collect the bodies of the fallen
(d) return to base
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Henry asks one of the soldiers what is happening?
2. What other secret do Henry and his friend share?
3. How does most of the regiment react to the news of their charge against the enemy?
4. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
5. How does Henry first feel when he realizes that the Union has won the second battle?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)