|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
(a) as being more stupid than his comrades
(b) as having superior intellect
(c) as being more of a hero than they
(d) as physically weaker than the ones who stayed
2. Describe the man who helps Henry locate his regiment?
(a) He is a cheery and kind old man.
(b) He is stern and judgmental.
(c) He is gruff and uncompromising.
(d) He is young and idealistic.
3. How does Henry first feel when he realizes that the Union has won the second battle?
(a) betrayed in a way
(b) afraid of what will happen to him now
(d) confused and disbelieving
4. What does a Major volunteer Henry's regiment to do?
(a) return to base
(b) collect the bodies of the fallen
(c) ambush the Rebels from behind
(d) charge the enemy
5. After the battle is over when Henry distinguished himself, what do he and his friend attempt to do?
(a) start a marching song
(b) help a wounded soldier
(c) inspire the troops
(d) keep out of sight
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Henry and his friend overhear on the road?
2. How does Henry know that the Union forces had won this second battle?
3. What question is Henry's first rationalization for his having run away?
4. How does most of the regiment react to the news of their charge against the enemy?
5. What surprises Henry about his head wound?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)