|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry know that the Union forces had won this second battle?
(a) When the gunshots stopped, the Union was not in retreat.
(b) He could hear their cheers from where he stood.
(c) He could see it from the tree he had climbed.
(d) He overheard a cavalryman talking about it.
2. What other secret do Henry and his friend share?
(a) that they will all receive medals for the charge
(b) that after the charge they will be sent home
(c) that they will get extra pay for the charge
(d) that not many of the regiment will survive the charge
3. What does Henry surmise as the men swarm toward where he is?
(a) that he will be trampled
(b) that the battle is lost
(c) that they are looking for him
(d) that he had fallen asleep
4. What does Henry first blame for his guilty condition?
(a) the generals
(c) the man in front of him who ran
5. How does most of the regiment react to the news of their charge against the enemy?
(a) objecting loudly
(b) ralllying with anticipation
(d) with disbelief
Short Answer Questions
1. What question is Henry's first rationalization for his having run away?
2. What does a Major volunteer Henry's regiment to do?
3. Who do Henry and his friend overhear on the road?
4. What happens when Henry asks one of the soldiers what is happening?
5. How does Henry first feel when he realizes that the Union has won the second battle?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)