|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a Major volunteer Henry's regiment to do?
(a) charge the enemy
(b) return to base
(c) collect the bodies of the fallen
(d) ambush the Rebels from behind
2. What does Henry surmise as the men swarm toward where he is?
(a) that he will be trampled
(b) that they are looking for him
(c) that he had fallen asleep
(d) that the battle is lost
3. What destroys Henry's rationalization about nature prompting him to run?
(a) a squirrel being eaten by a stray cat
(b) the sight of the dead man with the ants crawling over his skin
(c) some wounded soldiers rejoicing over the victory
(d) a rainstorm that comes up suddenly
4. What does Henry first blame for his guilty condition?
(c) the generals
(d) the man in front of him who ran
5. What question is Henry's first rationalization for his having run away?
(a) Weren't there a lot of others who had run before he did?
(b) Hadn't the lieutenant ordered him to drop back?
(c) Wasn't saving himself the same as saving a piece of the army?
(d) Didn't he stay close enough that no one would notice him?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry first feel when he realizes that the Union has won the second battle?
2. How does Henry know that the Union forces had won this second battle?
3. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
4. Who do Henry and his friend overhear on the road?
5. Describe the man who helps Henry locate his regiment?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)