|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry first blame for his guilty condition?
(c) the man in front of him who ran
(d) the generals
2. What happens when Henry asks one of the soldiers what is happening?
(a) He gets hit in the head with a rifle butt.
(b) He is told to shut up and run.
(c) He is cursed as a deserter.
(d) He gets stabbed with a bayonet.
3. What destroys Henry's rationalization about nature prompting him to run?
(a) some wounded soldiers rejoicing over the victory
(b) the sight of the dead man with the ants crawling over his skin
(c) a rainstorm that comes up suddenly
(d) a squirrel being eaten by a stray cat
4. What question is Henry's first rationalization for his having run away?
(a) Wasn't saving himself the same as saving a piece of the army?
(b) Hadn't the lieutenant ordered him to drop back?
(c) Weren't there a lot of others who had run before he did?
(d) Didn't he stay close enough that no one would notice him?
5. How does Henry first feel when he realizes that the Union has won the second battle?
(b) confused and disbelieving
(c) afraid of what will happen to him now
(d) betrayed in a way
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a Major volunteer Henry's regiment to do?
2. What surprises Henry about his head wound?
3. After the battle is over when Henry distinguished himself, what do he and his friend attempt to do?
4. Who do Henry and his friend tell what they have overheard?
5. Who do Henry and his friend overhear on the road?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)