|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Henry asks one of the soldiers what is happening?
(a) He is cursed as a deserter.
(b) He is told to shut up and run.
(c) He gets stabbed with a bayonet.
(d) He gets hit in the head with a rifle butt.
2. What does Henry surmise as the men swarm toward where he is?
(a) that he had fallen asleep
(b) that they are looking for him
(c) that the battle is lost
(d) that he will be trampled
3. What destroys Henry's rationalization about nature prompting him to run?
(a) the sight of the dead man with the ants crawling over his skin
(b) some wounded soldiers rejoicing over the victory
(c) a rainstorm that comes up suddenly
(d) a squirrel being eaten by a stray cat
4. What are the men doing in the forest as Henry nears his regiment?
(a) getting ready to sleep
(b) walking in circles
(c) looking for something to eat
(d) digging holes in the ground
5. Describe the man who helps Henry locate his regiment?
(a) He is gruff and uncompromising.
(b) He is stern and judgmental.
(c) He is a cheery and kind old man.
(d) He is young and idealistic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other secret do Henry and his friend share?
2. Who do Henry and his friend overhear on the road?
3. What question is Henry's first rationalization for his having run away?
4. What does a Major volunteer Henry's regiment to do?
5. As Henry is observing the battle, what happens suddenly to frighten him?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)