|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Henry asks one of the soldiers what is happening?
(a) He is cursed as a deserter.
(b) He gets stabbed with a bayonet.
(c) He is told to shut up and run.
(d) He gets hit in the head with a rifle butt.
2. What other secret do Henry and his friend share?
(a) that they will get extra pay for the charge
(b) that they will all receive medals for the charge
(c) that not many of the regiment will survive the charge
(d) that after the charge they will be sent home
3. Describe the man who helps Henry locate his regiment?
(a) He is a cheery and kind old man.
(b) He is gruff and uncompromising.
(c) He is young and idealistic.
(d) He is stern and judgmental.
4. What destroys Henry's rationalization about nature prompting him to run?
(a) a rainstorm that comes up suddenly
(b) the sight of the dead man with the ants crawling over his skin
(c) a squirrel being eaten by a stray cat
(d) some wounded soldiers rejoicing over the victory
5. What surprises Henry about his head wound?
(a) It doesn't hurt as much as he thought it would.
(b) It feels like he is going to die.
(c) It has blurred his vision.
(d) It is bleeding profusely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Henry and his friend tell what they have overheard?
2. What does Henry first blame for his guilty condition?
3. How does Henry first feel when he realizes that the Union has won the second battle?
4. How does Henry know that the Union forces had won this second battle?
5. How does most of the regiment react to the news of their charge against the enemy?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)