|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Henry is observing the battle, what happens suddenly to frighten him?
(a) A lieutenant rides up near where he is hiding.
(b) Dark waves of men sweep out of the woods coming toward him.
(c) A bomb blast fall near him.
(d) Runaway horses begin to stampede.
2. What does Henry first blame for his guilty condition?
(a) the generals
(c) the man in front of him who ran
3. What does Henry surmise as the men swarm toward where he is?
(a) that he will be trampled
(b) that they are looking for him
(c) that he had fallen asleep
(d) that the battle is lost
4. Describe the man who helps Henry locate his regiment?
(a) He is stern and judgmental.
(b) He is young and idealistic.
(c) He is a cheery and kind old man.
(d) He is gruff and uncompromising.
5. What happens when Henry asks one of the soldiers what is happening?
(a) He gets stabbed with a bayonet.
(b) He gets hit in the head with a rifle butt.
(c) He is told to shut up and run.
(d) He is cursed as a deserter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What destroys Henry's rationalization about nature prompting him to run?
2. What surprises Henry about his head wound?
3. After the battle is over when Henry distinguished himself, what do he and his friend attempt to do?
4. How does Henry regard himself in comparison to the ones who stayed to fight?
5. What does a Major volunteer Henry's regiment to do?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)