|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Henry asks one of the soldiers what is happening?
(a) He is cursed as a deserter.
(b) He is told to shut up and run.
(c) He gets hit in the head with a rifle butt.
(d) He gets stabbed with a bayonet.
2. Who do Henry and his friend overhear on the road?
(a) a wounded soldier begging another soldier to shoot him
(b) two of their regiment planning to desert
(c) some Rebel officers
(d) the general and a major
3. As Henry is observing the battle, what happens suddenly to frighten him?
(a) A bomb blast fall near him.
(b) Dark waves of men sweep out of the woods coming toward him.
(c) Runaway horses begin to stampede.
(d) A lieutenant rides up near where he is hiding.
4. What does a Major volunteer Henry's regiment to do?
(a) charge the enemy
(b) collect the bodies of the fallen
(c) return to base
(d) ambush the Rebels from behind
5. What are the men doing in the forest as Henry nears his regiment?
(a) walking in circles
(b) getting ready to sleep
(c) looking for something to eat
(d) digging holes in the ground
Short Answer Questions
1. How does most of the regiment react to the news of their charge against the enemy?
2. How does Henry first feel when he realizes that the Union has won the second battle?
3. What question is Henry's first rationalization for his having run away?
4. What does Henry first blame for his guilty condition?
5. Describe the man who helps Henry locate his regiment?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)