|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe the man who helps Henry locate his regiment?
(a) He is stern and judgmental.
(b) He is a cheery and kind old man.
(c) He is gruff and uncompromising.
(d) He is young and idealistic.
2. Who do Henry and his friend tell what they have overheard?
(a) their sergeant
(b) their other friends in the regiment
(c) their lieutenant
(d) the medics
3. After the battle is over when Henry distinguished himself, what do he and his friend attempt to do?
(a) start a marching song
(b) inspire the troops
(c) help a wounded soldier
(d) keep out of sight
4. What does Henry first blame for his guilty condition?
(b) the man in front of him who ran
(c) the generals
5. Who do Henry and his friend overhear on the road?
(a) the general and a major
(b) a wounded soldier begging another soldier to shoot him
(c) two of their regiment planning to desert
(d) some Rebel officers
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry know that the Union forces had won this second battle?
2. What does a Major volunteer Henry's regiment to do?
3. As Henry is observing the battle, what happens suddenly to frighten him?
4. What does Henry surmise as the men swarm toward where he is?
5. What surprises Henry about his head wound?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)