|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Henry about his head wound?
(a) It is bleeding profusely.
(b) It feels like he is going to die.
(c) It has blurred his vision.
(d) It doesn't hurt as much as he thought it would.
2. What does a Major volunteer Henry's regiment to do?
(a) charge the enemy
(b) collect the bodies of the fallen
(c) return to base
(d) ambush the Rebels from behind
3. As Henry is observing the battle, what happens suddenly to frighten him?
(a) Dark waves of men sweep out of the woods coming toward him.
(b) A bomb blast fall near him.
(c) Runaway horses begin to stampede.
(d) A lieutenant rides up near where he is hiding.
4. What question is Henry's first rationalization for his having run away?
(a) Didn't he stay close enough that no one would notice him?
(b) Hadn't the lieutenant ordered him to drop back?
(c) Wasn't saving himself the same as saving a piece of the army?
(d) Weren't there a lot of others who had run before he did?
5. How does Henry first feel when he realizes that the Union has won the second battle?
(a) betrayed in a way
(b) afraid of what will happen to him now
(c) confused and disbelieving
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry surmise as the men swarm toward where he is?
2. Describe the man who helps Henry locate his regiment?
3. How does most of the regiment react to the news of their charge against the enemy?
4. What does Henry first blame for his guilty condition?
5. What are the men doing in the forest as Henry nears his regiment?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)