|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Henry and his friend tell what they have overheard?
(a) their other friends in the regiment
(b) their sergeant
(c) the medics
(d) their lieutenant
2. What question is Henry's first rationalization for his having run away?
(a) Wasn't saving himself the same as saving a piece of the army?
(b) Hadn't the lieutenant ordered him to drop back?
(c) Weren't there a lot of others who had run before he did?
(d) Didn't he stay close enough that no one would notice him?
3. What does Henry surmise as the men swarm toward where he is?
(a) that the battle is lost
(b) that he will be trampled
(c) that he had fallen asleep
(d) that they are looking for him
4. How does Henry first feel when he realizes that the Union has won the second battle?
(a) afraid of what will happen to him now
(b) confused and disbelieving
(c) betrayed in a way
5. As Henry is observing the battle, what happens suddenly to frighten him?
(a) Runaway horses begin to stampede.
(b) A bomb blast fall near him.
(c) Dark waves of men sweep out of the woods coming toward him.
(d) A lieutenant rides up near where he is hiding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Henry asks one of the soldiers what is happening?
2. How does Henry know that the Union forces had won this second battle?
3. What other secret do Henry and his friend share?
4. Describe the man who helps Henry locate his regiment?
5. What surprises Henry about his head wound?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)