1. What rumor passing through the regiment begins the novel?
(a) that they will fight tomorrow
(b) that the war is over
(c) that Lincoln has been shot
(d) that Rebs have surrounded the camp
2. As a boy, how had Henry imagined himself ?
(a) as a gentleman farmer
(b) as a politician
(c) as a hero in wars
(d) as a school teacher
3. What is distant and surreal in Henry's mind?
(a) that things go on as usual back at home
(b) that the war happens in his own country
(c) that officers hold his life in their hands
(d) that political differences can start a war
4. Why has Henry delayed so many times from enlisting in the army?
(a) because of his dreams
(b) because of his fear
(c) because of his age
(d) because of his mother
5. Where does Henry's mother think he could be put to better use than in the army?
(a) in the navy
(b) on the farm
(c) in a schoolroom
(d) as a postman
This section contains 5,796 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)