Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Morris arrives in Boston, to what city is he sent?
2. The men that escape the sunken submarine are captured and taken on board the Pharris. How are they treated?
3. Morris and his new crew work with another ship to sink an enemy submarine. What is the other ship's name?
4. After O'Malley sinks his first live submarine, what does he say about his feelings?
5. Before O'Malley sank the submarine, what role did he play as a helicopter pilot?
Essay Topic 1
Major Chapeyev plays an interesting role in Red Storm Rising. Examine his interaction with the American pilot he shoots down over the Atlantic. Examine the development of Chapeyev's character during his experience with the downed American pilot. What is significant about how he and the other pilot treat each other? What does their interaction signify about the war as a whole? What do Chapeyev's actions reveal about him as a man?
Essay Topic 2
Journalists play an important role in the development of Red Storm Rising's plot. Explore the contributions to the plot made by each of the following journalists, and compare and contrast the role each journalist plays in the book's plot:
1) Patrick Flynn
2) William Calloway
3) Williams Blake
4) The AP Moscow Correspondent
Essay Topic 3
Red Storm Rising was published in the midst of the Cold War. It includes many elements of Cold War politics, technological advances, and plays on many emotions and fears commonly held by people during the Cold War era. For a novel that is so time-specific, is Red Storm Rising still culturally significant today?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)