Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Morris arrives in Boston, to what city is he sent?
2. The men that escape the sunken submarine are captured and taken on board the Pharris. How are they treated?
3. Morris and his new crew work with another ship to sink an enemy submarine. What is the other ship's name?
4. After O'Malley sinks his first live submarine, what does he say about his feelings?
5. Before O'Malley sank the submarine, what role did he play as a helicopter pilot?
Several women play important roles in the development of Red Storm Rising. Women like Toland's wife, Vigdis, and Amy Nakamura are as vital to the plot's development as their male counterparts. Examine women's role in Red Storm Rising and their significance in the story. How are the women similar to their male counterparts? How are they different? How does each woman interact with those around her? What does each woman reveal about the men around them?
The two opposing sides of the conflict in Red Storm Rising each have an overarching plan for victory. The Soviet government places a great deal of emphasis on the element of surprise, and the Allied forces focus extensively on cooperation and unity in the face of the Russian threat. Examine the two sides' different ideals and how each side believes their concept will help them win the war. Which side is most effective in keeping to their plan? How did each concept play into the end of the war?
Vigdis is a major character in Red Storm Rising, and her pregnancy lends an interesting dimension to the book. Explain why Vigdis's pregnancy is so significant. What is its symbolism? What does her pregnancy indicate about the nature of life, and the nature of war? How does Vigdis's pregnancy affect her and those around her?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)