|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Morris decides to treat the prisoners from the sunken submarine in a very unusual way. Why does Morris decide to treat the prisoners this way?
(a) It's the safest way to get the Russians off the Pharris.
(b) It's the best way to gain information from them.
(c) It's to avenge the deaths of the soldiers the Russians killed.
(d) It's to prevent the Russians from spying on the Americans.
2. What new job is Morris given once he is back in the States?
(a) He will work as a commander.
(b) He will be sent to a new American base.
(c) He will work in intelligence.
(d) He will advise the President on the war.
3. McCafferty fires three torpedoes at a Russian convoy, but is unable to confirm a hit. Why?
(a) His sonar is damaged.
(b) The Chicago is fired upon.
(c) He is detected by the Russians.
(d) He is commanded to retreat.
4. After O'Malley sinks his first submarine, Morris asks him when he'll be ready to fly again. What does he say?
(a) He's ready to go back up now.
(b) He'll be ready next month.
(c) He'll never be ready to fly again.
(d) He'll be ready in maybe a week.
5. How many men escape the submarine that the Pharris sinks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the full name of the captain of the Battleaxe?
2. Why does O'Malley, a member of Morris' crew, offer the credit for the submarine kill to the other ship?
3. What is unusual about McCafferty's kill in chapters 35-39?
4. After the Americans attack the Keflavik air base, Edwards announces that he and his men will have to relocate to a third location. Why?
5. In Iceland, Edwards and his men near the hill Doghouse told them to reach but are unable to approach it. Why?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Alekeseyev and Sergetov discuss the offensive in Germany, do they decide that the war is going well, or that it is going poorly?
2. What honors does Morris receive once he reaches Norfolk?
3. Why do Edwards and his men attack and kill five Russian soldiers at a local farmhouse?
4. Do the crews of the Ruben James and the Battleaxe get along?
5. Describe the interaction between the Russian and American pilots who end up near each other in the ocean after an air fight.
6. What does Sergetov's son say when his father questions him about the war?
7. After the Pharris sinks a Russian submarine, how does Morris treat the Russian sailors he captures?
8. Why does Morris have to arrange for a tug boat to haul the Pharris back to shore?
9. What contributes to Edwards's decision to relocate his men a second time?
10. Why does Morris treat the captured Russian sailors so well?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)