|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Edward and Vigdis encounter an enemy helicopter, how do they avoid detection?
(a) They dive into the river..
(b) They hide in the reeds on the riverbank.
(c) They pose as a young, romantic couple.
(d) They pretend to be village fishermen.
2. When Calloway interviews O'Malley about sinking the submarine, what does O'Malley point out about the American military?
(a) The military never uses the word "killing."
(b) The military never takes joy in sinking enemy vessels.
(c) That Calloway can not understand combat because he's a civilian.
(d) The Russians fired on the Americans first.
3. How many men escape the submarine that the Pharris sinks?
4. In chapters 27-34, the Americans attack the Russians at the air base using what new technology?
(a) Radar-jamming technology.
(b) Heat-seeking missiles.
(c) Planes that are undetected by radars.
(d) Unmanned fighter drones.
5. In Chapters 35-39, McCafferty scores a hit by sinking which vessel?
(a) The Triton.
(b) The Foxtrot.
(c) The Turtle.
(d) The Nautilus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Alekeseyev and Sergetov when their helicopter is shot down?
2. Toland observes that the Allied forces are capable of beating the Russians, but they must be able to do what first?
3. After Russians sink both submarines that are traveling with the Chicago, what country's submarine contacts the Chicago and asks them if they are alone?
4. Edwards and his men are supposed to hike about two hundred miles. How long is their journey supposed to last?
5. What causes the Russians to begin searching for Edwards and his men after the American attack on the Keflavik air base?
Short Essay Questions
1. What honors does Morris receive once he reaches Norfolk?
2. How does Morris react when Calloway, an American reporter, sails with Morris's crew?
3. Why does Morris have to arrange for a tug boat to haul the Pharris back to shore?
4. How does O'Malley react after he sinks his first submarine?
5. Why is Edwards berated after the incident at the farmhouse?
6. What response does Edwards provide when warned about how "tough" the 200-mile hike to Hvammsfjordur will be?
7. Describe the after-effects of the Allies' defensive maneuver they call "Doolittle."
8. Why do Edwards and his men attack and kill five Russian soldiers at a local farmhouse?
9. What does Sergetov's son say when his father questions him about the war?
10. What happens to the helicopter Alekeseyev and Sergetov are on in Germany, and what do the men do afterward?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)