|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Georgiyevich when the information that led to the war was discussed with the Politburo?
(a) He was home with an illness.
(b) He was in America on business.
(c) He was on his lunch break.
(d) He was visiting relatives in Serbia.
2. An American soldier and Major Chapeyev are shot down in the same area, and Chapeyev attempts to take the American captive. What does the American ask the Chapeyev that dissuades him from doing so?
(a) He asks the Russian to share his water with him.
(b) He asks the Russian if he can really bear to kill him in cold blood.
(c) He asks the Russian if captives really matter at sea.
(d) He asks the Russian if he has enough shark repellent.
3. What does Georgiyevich say his replacement told the Politburo when the war was discussed with the Politburo?
(a) His replacement tried to talk the Politburo into attacking immediately.
(b) His replacement tried to dissuade the Politburo from going to war.
(c) His replacement kept silent when asked for his report.
(d) His replacement told the Politburo what they wanted to hear.
4. What was Edward's girlfriend's name?
5. Edwards and his men are supposed to hike about two hundred miles. How long is their journey supposed to last?
(a) Two months.
(b) A month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Ten days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morris do to gain information from the Russian prisoners about the whereabouts of other vessels?
2. Morris decides to treat the prisoners from the sunken submarine in a very unusual way. Why does Morris decide to treat the prisoners this way?
3. What happened to O'Malley that makes him relate to Morris's grief about the death of his men?
4. Morris is reassigned to a new ship. What is the name of that ship?
5. How do Alekeseyev and Sergetov leave the scene the helicopter crash?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Alekeseyev and Sergetov discuss the offensive in Germany, do they decide that the war is going well, or that it is going poorly?
2. Describe the interaction between the Russian and American pilots who end up near each other in the ocean after an air fight.
3. Why do Edwards and his men attack and kill five Russian soldiers at a local farmhouse?
4. How does Morris react when Calloway, an American reporter, sails with Morris's crew?
5. Explain how all reports given to the Politburo are divided and organized.
6. Why is Edwards berated after the incident at the farmhouse?
7. What response does Edwards provide when warned about how "tough" the 200-mile hike to Hvammsfjordur will be?
8. Why is McCafferty frustrated with his actions against the Russians?
9. Do the crews of the Ruben James and the Battleaxe get along?
10. What contributes to Edwards's decision to relocate his men a second time?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)