|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toland observes that the Allied forces are capable of beating the Russians, but they must be able to do what first?
(a) Intimidate them.
(b) Locate them.
(c) Cooperate with other countries.
(d) Buy more missiles.
2. What do Edwards and his men do when they realize that they have been located by the Russians on the mountain?
(a) They take defensive positions and wait for the Russians to come close to them.
(b) They radio an Allied helicopter to come shoot the Russians.
(c) They scatter and hide in the mountains.
(d) They retreat to another hill.
3. What happens at a local farmhouse when Edwards and his men prepare to ask for food?
(a) They are recognized and questioned by local police.
(b) One of the men is shot in a Russian ambush.
(c) They are forced to hide when a group of Russians questions locals about their whereabouts.
(d) Russians break in and brutalize the family.
4. Edwards and his men are supposed to hike about two hundred miles. How long is their journey supposed to last?
(a) A month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Ten days.
5. What is the name of the girl Edwards and his men take with them when they leave the village?
Short Answer Questions
1. Before O'Malley sank the submarine, what role did he play as a helicopter pilot?
2. What marking will the Pharris receive that indicates that it has sunk a submarine?
3. After O'Malley sinks his first submarine, Morris asks him when he'll be ready to fly again. What does he say?
4. In Iceland, Edwards and his men near the hill Doghouse told them to reach but are unable to approach it. Why?
5. After the Americans attack the Keflavik air base, Edwards announces that he and his men will have to relocate to a third location. Why?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sergetov's son say when his father questions him about the war?
2. Describe the after-effects of the Allies' defensive maneuver they call "Doolittle."
3. Explain how all reports given to the Politburo are divided and organized.
4. Why do Edwards and his men attack and kill five Russian soldiers at a local farmhouse?
5. Give an example of a character who is concerned about Morris's ability to captain the Ruben James. Why is the character concerned?
6. What prompts Sergetov to ask Georgiyevich if the war is a mistake?
7. What does O'Malley say is significant about the military's refusal to use the word "killing"?
8. Why is McCafferty frustrated with his actions against the Russians?
9. Describe Edwards's and his men's actions when they realize they have been spotted by Russian forces.
10. Do the crews of the Ruben James and the Battleaxe get along?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)