|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Georgiyevich say his replacement told the Politburo when the war was discussed with the Politburo?
(a) His replacement kept silent when asked for his report.
(b) His replacement tried to talk the Politburo into attacking immediately.
(c) His replacement tried to dissuade the Politburo from going to war.
(d) His replacement told the Politburo what they wanted to hear.
2. What is the name of the defensive maneuver that the Allied forces execute in Chapter 35?
3. What kind of submarine does Morris and the other ship sink?
(a) A coal-burning submarine.
(b) An oil-powered submarine.
(c) A nuclear submarine.
(d) An internal-combustion submarine.
4. Edwards and his group are supposed to reach a nearby mountain where they hope to be picked up. What are they supposed to do once they reach their destination?
(a) Make camp and prepare to march again the next day.
(b) Signal a helicopter to come pick them up.
(c) Report everything that they see to their command.
(d) Take cover and await further orders.
5. What is the name of Georgiyevich's driver?
Short Answer Questions
1. What honor does Morris receive once he is back on American soil?
2. Morris decides to treat the prisoners from the sunken submarine in a very unusual way. Why does Morris decide to treat the prisoners this way?
3. Why is O'Malley worried about Morris's ability to captain the Ruben James?
4. What happens to the captain that Morris replaces on his new ship?
5. When Calloway interviews O'Malley about sinking the submarine, what does O'Malley point out about the American military?
Short Essay Questions
1. What honors does Morris receive once he reaches Norfolk?
2. What happens to the helicopter Alekeseyev and Sergetov are on in Germany, and what do the men do afterward?
3. Describe Edwards's and his men's actions when they realize they have been spotted by Russian forces.
4. When Alekeseyev and Sergetov discuss the offensive in Germany, do they decide that the war is going well, or that it is going poorly?
5. What does O'Malley say is significant about the military's refusal to use the word "killing"?
6. Give an example of a character who is concerned about Morris's ability to captain the Ruben James. Why is the character concerned?
7. Describe the interaction between the Russian and American pilots who end up near each other in the ocean after an air fight.
8. Do the crews of the Ruben James and the Battleaxe get along?
9. What prompts Sergetov to ask Georgiyevich if the war is a mistake?
10. Why do Edwards and his men attack and kill five Russian soldiers at a local farmhouse?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)