|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When American forces attack the Keflavik air base, how many American planes do the Russians take down in their counter-attack?
2. What happened to O'Malley that makes him relate to Morris's grief about the death of his men?
(a) He knows many other sailors who have lost comrades.
(b) O'Malley was on a ship near the Pharris during the attack.
(c) O'Malley has recently lost several family members.
(d) He himself lost two friends in an attack in Vietnam.
3. Who is the Russian Central Committee member who explains to Sergetov how the Politburo organizes reports?
(a) Boris Georgiyevich.
(b) Georg Udovitsky.
(c) Henrik Georgiyevich.
(d) Dmitry Medvedev.
4. What do Alekeseyev and Sergetov conclude about the Russian offensive in Germany?
(a) The offensive is not going well.
(b) The Germans are close to surrendering.
(c) The Russians are capable of winning but need more weapons.
(d) The Russian offensive is going according to plan.
5. After McCafferty arrives in Scotland, what does he discover about his skirmish with the Russian convoy?
(a) He frightened the Russians away.
(b) He damaged three Russian ships.
(c) He managed to sink a Russian vessel.
(d) He interupted a Norwegian attack on the Russians.
Short Answer Questions
1. The men that escape the sunken submarine are captured and taken on board the Pharris. How are they treated?
2. What new job is Morris given once he is back in the States?
3. What happened to Edwards's girlfriend?
4. What is unusual about McCafferty's kill in chapters 35-39?
5. What is the name of Georgiyevich's driver?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the after-effects of the Allies' defensive maneuver they call "Doolittle."
2. How does Morris respond when the Battleaxe asks, "What the Devil is a Ruben James?"
3. Why is Vigdis's pregnancy not unusual in Icelandic society?
4. What does Sergetov's son say when his father questions him about the war?
5. After the Pharris sinks a Russian submarine, how does Morris treat the Russian sailors he captures?
6. What response does Edwards provide when warned about how "tough" the 200-mile hike to Hvammsfjordur will be?
7. What does O'Malley say is significant about the military's refusal to use the word "killing"?
8. How does O'Malley react after he sinks his first submarine?
9. What honors does Morris receive once he reaches Norfolk?
10. Why does Morris have to arrange for a tug boat to haul the Pharris back to shore?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)