|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new job is Morris given once he is back in the States?
(a) He will advise the President on the war.
(b) He will work in intelligence.
(c) He will be sent to a new American base.
(d) He will work as a commander.
2. What is the name of the girl Edwards and his men take with them when they leave the village?
3. How many men escape the submarine that the Pharris sinks?
4. What honor does Morris receive once he is back on American soil?
(a) A family thanks him for fighting for his country.
(b) He receives recognition for his efforts on the Pharris.
(c) He is promoted within the military.
(d) He is thanked by the military for his work as a spy.
5. Morris did not receive much warning that the journalist was to join his ship, but he determines that the journalist is professional. Why?
(a) The journalist stays out of the way.
(b) The journalist is very well-spoken.
(c) The journalist has a good reputation.
(d) The journalist only carries one bag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Georgiyevich's driver?
2. What does Morris do to gain information from the Russian prisoners about the whereabouts of other vessels?
3. In Iceland, Edwards and his men near the hill Doghouse told them to reach but are unable to approach it. Why?
4. What causes a Russian soldier to locate Edwards and his men on the mountain?
5. Who is the Russian Central Committee member who explains to Sergetov how the Politburo organizes reports?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does O'Malley react after he sinks his first submarine?
2. Why does Morris treat the captured Russian sailors so well?
3. How does Morris react when Calloway, an American reporter, sails with Morris's crew?
4. Why is Vigdis's pregnancy not unusual in Icelandic society?
5. When Alekeseyev and Sergetov discuss the offensive in Germany, do they decide that the war is going well, or that it is going poorly?
6. What contributes to Edwards's decision to relocate his men a second time?
7. How does Morris respond when the Battleaxe asks, "What the Devil is a Ruben James?"
8. What honors does Morris receive once he reaches Norfolk?
9. Describe the interaction between the Russian and American pilots who end up near each other in the ocean after an air fight.
10. Why is McCafferty frustrated with his actions against the Russians?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)