|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Morris arrives in Boston, to what city is he sent?
(a) Quantico, VA.
(b) Newport, RI.
(c) Norfolk, VA.
(d) Tampa, FL.
2. When the Russians discover the soldiers Edwards's group killed at the farmhouse, what do they decide to do?
(a) Assume they died in an accident and determine to be more careful.
(b) Report the deaths and await further orders.
(c) Bury the Russians and leave the area.
(d) Search for the band of Allied soldiers that must be nearby.
3. What do Alekeseyev and Sergetov conclude about the Russian offensive in Germany?
(a) The Germans are close to surrendering.
(b) The offensive is not going well.
(c) The Russians are capable of winning but need more weapons.
(d) The Russian offensive is going according to plan.
4. How does Morris communicate with the Russian prisoners from the sunken submarine?
(a) Morris speaks Russian.
(b) They use sign language.
(c) One of them speaks English.
(d) They use More Code.
5. When Calloway interviews O'Malley about sinking the submarine, what does O'Malley point out about the American military?
(a) The military never uses the word "killing."
(b) The Russians fired on the Americans first.
(c) That Calloway can not understand combat because he's a civilian.
(d) The military never takes joy in sinking enemy vessels.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Edwards is communicating with command about an attack on the Keflavik airfield, two important areas of the base are destroyed. What are they?
2. Edwards notes that Vigdis does not complain about having to move about in hostile territory. Why is this especially significant?
3. Morris and his new crew work with another ship to sink an enemy submarine. What is the other ship's name?
4. Where are Alekeseyev and Sergetov when their helicopter is shot down?
5. What causes the Russians to begin searching for Edwards and his men after the American attack on the Keflavik air base?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do the crews of the Ruben James and the Battleaxe get along?
2. How does Morris react when Calloway, an American reporter, sails with Morris's crew?
3. What does Sergetov's son say when his father questions him about the war?
4. What response does Edwards provide when warned about how "tough" the 200-mile hike to Hvammsfjordur will be?
5. Why does Morris have to arrange for a tug boat to haul the Pharris back to shore?
6. Why do Edwards and his men attack and kill five Russian soldiers at a local farmhouse?
7. Describe Edwards's and his men's actions when they realize they have been spotted by Russian forces.
8. What contributes to Edwards's decision to relocate his men a second time?
9. What happens to the helicopter Alekeseyev and Sergetov are on in Germany, and what do the men do afterward?
10. After the Pharris sinks a Russian submarine, how does Morris treat the Russian sailors he captures?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)