|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Morris arrives in Boston, to what city is he sent?
(a) Tampa, FL.
(b) Newport, RI.
(c) Quantico, VA.
(d) Norfolk, VA.
2. An American soldier and Major Chapeyev are shot down in the same area, and Chapeyev attempts to take the American captive. What does the American ask the Chapeyev that dissuades him from doing so?
(a) He asks the Russian if captives really matter at sea.
(b) He asks the Russian if he can really bear to kill him in cold blood.
(c) He asks the Russian to share his water with him.
(d) He asks the Russian if he has enough shark repellent.
3. The Politburo divides reports into which three categories?
(a) Best case, middle case, and worst case.
(b) Important, urgent, critical.
(c) Yellow, orange, and red.
(d) Low importance, medium importance, high importance.
4. How many men escape the submarine that the Pharris sinks?
5. When McCafferty fires upon the Russian convoy, he saves a submarine crew from which country?
(b) The Ukraine.
(c) He didn't save a submarine crew.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does O'Malley try to help Morris deal with the deaths of the men on the Pharris?
2. Edwards notes that Vigdis does not complain about having to move about in hostile territory. Why is this especially significant?
3. The men that escape the sunken submarine are captured and taken on board the Pharris. How are they treated?
4. What causes the Russians to begin searching for Edwards and his men after the American attack on the Keflavik air base?
5. After O'Malley sinks his first submarine, Morris asks him when he'll be ready to fly again. What does he say?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sergetov's son say when his father questions him about the war?
2. Describe the after-effects of the Allies' defensive maneuver they call "Doolittle."
3. How does Morris react when Calloway, an American reporter, sails with Morris's crew?
4. Why does Morris have to arrange for a tug boat to haul the Pharris back to shore?
5. What happens to the helicopter Alekeseyev and Sergetov are on in Germany, and what do the men do afterward?
6. Why is Vigdis's pregnancy not unusual in Icelandic society?
7. Do the crews of the Ruben James and the Battleaxe get along?
8. What does O'Malley say is significant about the military's refusal to use the word "killing"?
9. What response does Edwards provide when warned about how "tough" the 200-mile hike to Hvammsfjordur will be?
10. Give an example of a character who is concerned about Morris's ability to captain the Ruben James. Why is the character concerned?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)