|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes a Russian soldier to locate Edwards and his men on the mountain?
(a) The Russian soldier sees a repeated flash of light.
(b) The Russian soldier sees them as he flies a helicopter near the mountain.
(c) The Russian soldier finds them on the air base's radar.
(d) The Russian soldier comes across them on a routine patrol.
2. What happens to the captain that Morris replaces on his new ship?
(a) He suffers from epilepsy.
(b) He collapses due to a bleeding ulcer.
(c) He dies in an enemy attack.
(d) He has a nervous breakdown.
3. How many men escape the submarine that the Pharris sinks?
4. How do Alekeseyev and Sergetov leave the scene the helicopter crash?
(a) They walk and then comandeer a truck.
(b) They disguise themselves and hitch hike.
(c) They force a local man to drive them to the nearest Russian company.
(d) They hike to the nearest Russian camp.
5. What new job is Morris given once he is back in the States?
(a) He will advise the President on the war.
(b) He will be sent to a new American base.
(c) He will work as a commander.
(d) He will work in intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Edward and Vigdis encounter an enemy helicopter, how do they avoid detection?
2. How does O'Malley try to help Morris deal with the deaths of the men on the Pharris?
3. Five Russian soldiers die in the family's farmhouse. How are they killed?
4. What happened to O'Malley that makes him relate to Morris's grief about the death of his men?
5. What happened to Edwards's girlfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how all reports given to the Politburo are divided and organized.
2. When Alekeseyev and Sergetov discuss the offensive in Germany, do they decide that the war is going well, or that it is going poorly?
3. Why is McCafferty frustrated with his actions against the Russians?
4. Why is Vigdis's pregnancy not unusual in Icelandic society?
5. What does O'Malley say is significant about the military's refusal to use the word "killing"?
6. What response does Edwards provide when warned about how "tough" the 200-mile hike to Hvammsfjordur will be?
7. Why does Morris treat the captured Russian sailors so well?
8. What does Sergetov's son say when his father questions him about the war?
9. Describe the after-effects of the Allies' defensive maneuver they call "Doolittle."
10. What honors does Morris receive once he reaches Norfolk?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)