|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Edwards and his men are supposed to hike about two hundred miles. How long is their journey supposed to last?
(a) Ten days.
(b) A month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two months.
2. In Chapters 35-39, McCafferty scores a hit by sinking which vessel?
(a) The Nautilus.
(b) The Foxtrot.
(c) The Turtle.
(d) The Triton.
3. After Morris arrives in Boston, to what city is he sent?
(a) Tampa, FL.
(b) Norfolk, VA.
(c) Quantico, VA.
(d) Newport, RI.
4. What is the name of Georgiyevich's driver?
5. When American forces attack the Keflavik air base, how many American planes do the Russians take down in their counter-attack?
Short Answer Questions
1. Morris is reassigned to a new ship. What is the name of that ship?
2. What is the full name of the captain of the Battleaxe?
3. When the Russians locate a damaged American submarine, another Allied vessel distracts the Russians and leads them away. What is the name of that vessel?
4. What happens to the captain that Morris replaces on his new ship?
5. Edwards notes that Vigdis does not complain about having to move about in hostile territory. Why is this especially significant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Morris have to arrange for a tug boat to haul the Pharris back to shore?
2. What response does Edwards provide when warned about how "tough" the 200-mile hike to Hvammsfjordur will be?
3. Why do Edwards and his men attack and kill five Russian soldiers at a local farmhouse?
4. Describe the interaction between the Russian and American pilots who end up near each other in the ocean after an air fight.
5. What does O'Malley say is significant about the military's refusal to use the word "killing"?
6. Explain how all reports given to the Politburo are divided and organized.
7. What happens to the helicopter Alekeseyev and Sergetov are on in Germany, and what do the men do afterward?
8. Describe Edwards's and his men's actions when they realize they have been spotted by Russian forces.
9. Do the crews of the Ruben James and the Battleaxe get along?
10. Why does Morris treat the captured Russian sailors so well?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)