|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Georgiyevich say his replacement told the Politburo when the war was discussed with the Politburo?
(a) His replacement tried to talk the Politburo into attacking immediately.
(b) His replacement kept silent when asked for his report.
(c) His replacement told the Politburo what they wanted to hear.
(d) His replacement tried to dissuade the Politburo from going to war.
2. What is the name of Georgiyevich's driver?
3. When Calloway interviews O'Malley about sinking the submarine, what does O'Malley point out about the American military?
(a) The Russians fired on the Americans first.
(b) The military never takes joy in sinking enemy vessels.
(c) The military never uses the word "killing."
(d) That Calloway can not understand combat because he's a civilian.
4. What causes a Russian soldier to locate Edwards and his men on the mountain?
(a) The Russian soldier comes across them on a routine patrol.
(b) The Russian soldier finds them on the air base's radar.
(c) The Russian soldier sees a repeated flash of light.
(d) The Russian soldier sees them as he flies a helicopter near the mountain.
5. Who is the Russian Central Committee member who explains to Sergetov how the Politburo organizes reports?
(a) Georg Udovitsky.
(b) Henrik Georgiyevich.
(c) Boris Georgiyevich.
(d) Dmitry Medvedev.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Morris communicate with the Russian prisoners from the sunken submarine?
2. When Edward and Vigdis encounter an enemy helicopter, how do they avoid detection?
3. What is the full name of the captain of the Battleaxe?
4. What is the name of the girl Edwards and his men take with them when they leave the village?
5. After O'Malley sinks his first submarine, Morris asks him when he'll be ready to fly again. What does he say?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do the crews of the Ruben James and the Battleaxe get along?
2. Describe Edwards's and his men's actions when they realize they have been spotted by Russian forces.
3. Describe the after-effects of the Allies' defensive maneuver they call "Doolittle."
4. What prompts Sergetov to ask Georgiyevich if the war is a mistake?
5. Why is Edwards berated after the incident at the farmhouse?
6. Why is McCafferty frustrated with his actions against the Russians?
7. Why is Vigdis's pregnancy not unusual in Icelandic society?
8. Explain how all reports given to the Politburo are divided and organized.
9. How does O'Malley react after he sinks his first submarine?
10. Why does Morris have to arrange for a tug boat to haul the Pharris back to shore?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)