|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the attack on the Keflavik air base, a Russian ship is secretly carrying Russian infantrymen. What is the name of that ship?
(a) The Delfin.
(b) The Julius Fucik.
(c) The Plavnik.
(d) The USS Pharris.
2. A Russian military official analyzes the readiness of the Russian military. What is that man's name?
(a) Major Chapeyev.
(b) Ibrahim Tolkaze.
(c) Pavel Alekeseyev.
(d) Commander Daniel X. McCafferty.
3. Flynn and Calloway cover a speech by the Russian Foreign Minister. What does the Minister speak about?
(a) A proposal for arms reduction.
(b) A plea for other countries to send Russia money and oil.
(c) Russia's strong military and financial wealth.
(d) A proposal to build more oil refineries.
4. A Russian soldier named Chernyavin is in Germany. He is disguised as what kind of person?
(a) A Russian diplomat.
(b) A German entrepreneur.
(c) An Austrian investor.
(d) A Jewish businessman.
5. Who discovers the refinery fire?
(a) An unnamed citizen in Franklin, North Carolina.
(b) The Satellite Watchdog Group in Atlanta, Georgia.
(c) The American military base in Norfolk, Virginia.
(d) The Satellite Control Facility in Sunnyvale, California.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Russian Foreign Minister's speech so significant?
2. What is notable about the "terrorist's" statement that angers Toland's superiors?
3. What are Edwards and his men told to do once they leave their hiding place?
4. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
5. What is the code name for the command to which Edwards reports?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Chernyavin fail in his mission?
2. What happens to the Nimitz, the ship Toland is aboard during a Russian attack?
3. An AP news correspondent in Moscow does not reveal the true cause of the oil refinery fire. What does he say happened, and how does he report the fire was extinguished?
4. Are the men who are stationed at Keflavik, Iceland, happy with their post?
5. How are the Russians' missiles damaged?
6. Why does Sergetov become enraged at the funeral of the victims of the Kremlin explosion?
7. Is Edwards suited to the stress of his situation?
8. What does the Russian Navy do to make Patrick Flynn suspicious about the Russian arms reduction?
9. Who escapes the air base after the Russians take over?
10. What does the captain of the Julius Fucik do when the ship is discovered by the U.S. Navy?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)