|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the alleged terrorist who admits to the attack on Russia?
(a) Franz Meinhof.
(b) Horst Mahler.
(c) Gerhardt Falken.
(d) Axel Springer.
2. Where is the air base in Iceland?
3. What element of the Russian offensive does Pavel Alekeseyev say is crucial to its success?
(b) Extensive military action.
(d) Shock and awe.
4. After the Russians have gained control of the air base, what is their one significant problem?
(a) Their commander was killed by a stray bullet.
(b) Their missiles are damaged by saltwater.
(c) Some of their weapons were lost during the battle.
(d) Their ship sank, and they are stranded at the base.
5. When Toland is recalled to duty and is preparing to leave his home, he hears a news report about something that occurs at the Kremlin. What was it?
(a) There was a riot over the lack of oil.
(b) Another oil refinery is attacked.
(c) An important government official is kidnapped.
(d) There was an explosion at the Kremlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Edwards's move away from his location, something happens that makes him ashamed of himself. What is it?
2. Where does First Lieutenant Mike Edwards stay to monitor the situation at the air base?
3. What is the full name of the author of the article about the importance of the Russian oil fields?
4. What political body does the Politburo suggest should be eliminated?
5. What happens to Chernyavin after he is caught?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some reasons that the destruction of the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk so significant to the Russians?
2. Who escapes the air base after the Russians take over?
3. How are the Russians' missiles damaged?
4. Describe the actions Edwards and his men take immediately after the attack on the Icelandic air base.
5. What are some obstacles Edwards and his men face once they escape the air base?
6. Why does the captain of the Julius Fucik ground the ship after the attack on the Icelandic air base?
7. What happens to Robert Toland after he alerts military officials to the situation in Russia?
8. What is the Julius Fucik, and how does it fit into Russia's secretive plans for war?
9. Is Edwards suited to the stress of his situation?
10. What does Toland notice about the eulogy for the victims of the explosion at the Kremlin?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)