|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the air base in Iceland?
2. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
(a) Mistreating military recruits.
(b) Stealing and selling Russian weapons.
(c) Embezzeling military money.
(d) Falsifying training records.
3. The execution of four Russian generals has a profound impact on the rest of the Russian military. How do other military officers respond?
(a) By being fearful toward the Russian government.
(b) They are pleased that rogue officers were caught and punished.
(c) By being more deeply committed to the Russian government.
(d) They are angry that the Russian government interfered with the military.
4. As he listens to the eulogy for the Russian victims, what does Toland notice about the speech?
(a) That Russia intends to ask other countries for oil.
(b) That Russia intends to go to war.
(c) That Russia is in desperate need of financial help from other countries.
(d) That Russia intends to continue their arms reduction.
5. What is the full name of the adviser to the Russian government, who specializes in energy production?
(a) Dmitri Shostakovich.
(b) Mikhail Eduardovich Sergetov.
(c) Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.
(d) Alexander Taneyev.
Short Answer Questions
1. What boat is Toland on when the Russians attack?
2. What is the supposed occupation of the "terrorist"?
3. The Russians who control the air base are attacked by American planes. What do the American planes fail to destroy?
4. What happens to Chernyavin after he is caught?
5. What is Toland's response to the news of the generals' executions, and how do his superiors react?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Russian Navy do to make Patrick Flynn suspicious about the Russian arms reduction?
2. Are the men who are stationed at Keflavik, Iceland, happy with their post?
3. What are some reasons that the destruction of the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk so significant to the Russians?
4. What does the captain of the Julius Fucik do when the ship is discovered by the U.S. Navy?
5. What are the effects of the execution of four generals in the Russian army?
6. Describe the actions Edwards and his men take immediately after the attack on the Icelandic air base.
7. What is "Red Storm?"
8. What does Toland notice about the eulogy for the victims of the explosion at the Kremlin?
9. How are the Russians' missiles damaged?
10. What does Toland suspect about the explosion in the Kremlin?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)