|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the air base in Iceland?
2. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
(a) He is told to go on leave and return to the ship in a few weeks.
(b) He is asked to return to active duty.
(c) His two-week reserve status is extended indefinitely.
(d) He is dismissed from service and told to keep quiet about what he knows.
3. The Commander of the USS Pharris receives orders about how to deal with ships he encounters. What are those orders?
(a) He is to call for reinforcements any time he encounters enemy ships.
(b) He is to engage any East Bloc warship or merchant ship.
(c) He is to evade any Soviet ships he encounters.
(d) He is to follow any enemy ships he finds, but is not to attack them.
4. Once the men have rejoined Chernyavin, they blow up the van they were in. How?
(a) With dynamite.
(b) With plastic explosives.
(c) With a rocket-launcher.
(d) With a hand-grenade.
5. Russia says that the explosion was caused by terrorists from which country?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Russian Foreign Minister's speech so significant?
2. What two areas do the Russians plan to attack during Red Storm?
3. Russia does something to indicate that they are reducing their nuclear arms. What do they do?
4. Highly-trained Russian forces begin fighting on the ground in Germany. What is the special title of those forces?
5. What is the Russian Politburo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "Red Storm?"
2. Who is Robert Toland?
3. An AP news correspondent in Moscow does not reveal the true cause of the oil refinery fire. What does he say happened, and how does he report the fire was extinguished?
4. Who escapes the air base after the Russians take over?
5. What does the captain of the Julius Fucik do when the ship is discovered by the U.S. Navy?
6. What are some obstacles Edwards and his men face once they escape the air base?
7. What happens to the Nimitz, the ship Toland is aboard during a Russian attack?
8. Why does the captain of the Julius Fucik ground the ship after the attack on the Icelandic air base?
9. What is suspicious about the confession of the alleged terrorist who claims responsibility for the attack on the Kremlin?
10. Why does one of Chernyavin's men blow up the van they traveled in?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)