|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the message of the movie that was televised the night before the attack on the Kremlin?
(a) That Russia's military is ready to fight any country if the need arises.
(b) That Russians must be ready to defend against a German attack.
(c) That Russians must disarm immediately to prevent nuclear war.
(d) That Russians must be careful not to involve themselves in foreign affairs.
2. Where is the air base in Iceland?
3. What does the Politburo decide after Sergetov's report?
(a) That they need weapons, and should negotiate with Europe to get them.
(b) That they need oil, and that they must purchase as much as possible.
(c) That they need oil, and that they must take it by force.
(d) That secretly manufacturing weapons will solve their problems.
4. What happens that leads to Chernyavin's discovery and arrest?
(a) He is arrested for having a fake passport.
(b) He is betrayed and is killed by German police.
(c) He is hit by a car.
(d) He is robbed and the package taken from him.
5. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
(a) Norfolk, Virginia.
(b) Tampa, Florida.
(c) Washington, D.C..
(d) Quantico, Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What clue does Toland discover that indicates Russia's instability?
2. Why does the captain of the Julius Fucik decide to take that course of action?
3. Flynn and Calloway cover a speech by the Russian Foreign Minister. What does the Minister speak about?
4. Of the people who died in the attack on Russia, how many were children?
5. Why is it unsafe for Edwards to stay at his surveillance location?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the effects of the execution of four generals in the Russian army?
2. What happens to Robert Toland after he alerts military officials to the situation in Russia?
3. What happens to the Nimitz, the ship Toland is aboard during a Russian attack?
4. What does Toland notice about the eulogy for the victims of the explosion at the Kremlin?
5. Describe the actions Edwards and his men take immediately after the attack on the Icelandic air base.
6. What are some obstacles Edwards and his men face once they escape the air base?
7. Why does Chernyavin fail in his mission?
8. What is Chernyavin doing in Germany?
9. Who is Robert Toland?
10. What happens to Chernyavin's men after Chernyavin is detained and questioned?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)