|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Commander of the USS Pharris receives orders about how to deal with ships he encounters. What are those orders?
(a) He is to follow any enemy ships he finds, but is not to attack them.
(b) He is to call for reinforcements any time he encounters enemy ships.
(c) He is to engage any East Bloc warship or merchant ship.
(d) He is to evade any Soviet ships he encounters.
2. While the American military waits to confirm a plan to down Soviet satellites, something happens that sets back the operation. What happens?
(a) The Soviets attack American forces.
(b) The Soviets launch missiles at American warships.
(c) The American satellites go down.
(d) The American government decides to scrap the operation.
3. How does Flynn react to the Russian's show of reducing their arms?
(a) He's skeptical about their honesty concerning their disarmament.
(b) He's tense about the reduction of arms in the Russian military.
(c) He's excited to see that the Russians are taking steps toward peace.
(d) He's indifferent about the arms reduction.
4. Highly-trained Russian forces begin fighting on the ground in Germany. What is the special title of those forces?
(a) Spezielle Operationen forces.
(b) Spezialkräfte forces.
(c) Spetznaz forces.
(d) Vympel forces.
5. Who discovers the refinery fire?
(a) An unnamed citizen in Franklin, North Carolina.
(b) The American military base in Norfolk, Virginia.
(c) The Satellite Watchdog Group in Atlanta, Georgia.
(d) The Satellite Control Facility in Sunnyvale, California.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship Toland's commanding officer is in charge of?
2. What is Toland's first order of business once he reaches safety?
3. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
4. Before the attack on the Keflavik air base, a Russian ship is secretly carrying Russian infantrymen. What is the name of that ship?
5. What clue does Toland discover that indicates Russia's instability?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who escapes the air base after the Russians take over?
2. What is the Julius Fucik, and how does it fit into Russia's secretive plans for war?
3. Why does Chernyavin fail in his mission?
4. Why does Sergetov become enraged at the funeral of the victims of the Kremlin explosion?
5. What are some reasons that the destruction of the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk so significant to the Russians?
6. Who is Robert Toland?
7. How are the Russians' missiles damaged?
8. Are the men who are stationed at Keflavik, Iceland, happy with their post?
9. What does the captain of the Julius Fucik do when the ship is discovered by the U.S. Navy?
10. What is "Red Storm?"
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)