|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Highly-trained Russian forces begin fighting on the ground in Germany. What is the special title of those forces?
(a) Spezielle Operationen forces.
(b) Vympel forces.
(c) Spetznaz forces.
(d) Spezialkräfte forces.
2. The Russian ship is repainted to look like a merchant ship, but they are not in normal shipping lanes. What does the crew do when the U.S. Navy questions them about this?
(a) They say they fear escalating hostilities, and ask the Navy to help them in the event of an attack.
(b) They insist that they were off-course, and thank the Navy for bringing it to their attention.
(c) They pretend they do not speak English and go on their way.
(d) They say that they fear the heightened government tensions, and say that they are fleeing the country.
3. A Russian military official analyzes the readiness of the Russian military. What is that man's name?
(a) Major Chapeyev.
(b) Ibrahim Tolkaze.
(c) Pavel Alekeseyev.
(d) Commander Daniel X. McCafferty.
4. What happens that leads to Chernyavin's discovery and arrest?
(a) He is hit by a car.
(b) He is betrayed and is killed by German police.
(c) He is robbed and the package taken from him.
(d) He is arrested for having a fake passport.
5. Morris warns the crew of the USS Pharris that the ship's orders have changed. What does he tell them?
(a) Drills will continue to be conducted, but no one is to fire upon enemy ships.
(b) No more drills will be conducted; their new mission is to track all enemy ships.
(c) No more drills will be conducted; all calls to arms will be real.
(d) All personnel are to increase security and report any suspicious activity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What element of the Russian offensive does Pavel Alekeseyev say is crucial to its success?
2. The Russians who control the air base are attacked by American planes. What do the American planes fail to destroy?
3. How long is the Russian military offensive supposed to last?
4. Command asks Edwards a series of questions to confirm his identity. One question makes him so angry he refuses to answer. What was it?
5. What is the name of the ship Toland's commanding officer is in charge of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the effects of the execution of four generals in the Russian army?
2. Why does one of Chernyavin's men blow up the van they traveled in?
3. What are some clues Robert Toland finds that hint that Russia is preparing for an offensive?
4. Describe the actions Edwards and his men take immediately after the attack on the Icelandic air base.
5. What happens to Chernyavin's men after Chernyavin is detained and questioned?
6. What does the captain of the Julius Fucik do when the ship is discovered by the U.S. Navy?
7. Why does Chernyavin fail in his mission?
8. Is Edwards suited to the stress of his situation?
9. What is Chernyavin doing in Germany?
10. Why does Sergetov become enraged at the funeral of the victims of the Kremlin explosion?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)