|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who escapes the Keflavik air base and uses a radio to spread news of the attack?
(a) Patrick Flynn.
(b) First Lieutenant Mike Edwards.
(c) Commander Daniel Edwards.
(d) Ed Morris.
2. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
(a) Stealing and selling Russian weapons.
(b) Mistreating military recruits.
(c) Embezzeling military money.
(d) Falsifying training records.
3. What clue does Toland discover that indicates Russia's instability?
(a) Food riots in Moscow.
(b) Hijacking of oil shipments across the country.
(c) Russian battery shortages.
(d) Demonstrations and speeches in the heart of the Kremlin.
4. How many Muslims attack the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk?
5. After the Russians have gained control of the air base, what is their one significant problem?
(a) Their commander was killed by a stray bullet.
(b) Their missiles are damaged by saltwater.
(c) Some of their weapons were lost during the battle.
(d) Their ship sank, and they are stranded at the base.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Toland's ship is put out of commission by the Russians, where is he sent?
2. Why does Chernyavin praise the man who blew up the van?
3. What is the code name for the command to which Edwards reports?
4. Toland is a reservist and serves his time with the commander of a ship. What is the commander's name?
5. What code name is given to Edwards?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the Russians' missiles damaged?
2. What are some clues Robert Toland finds that hint that Russia is preparing for an offensive?
3. Why does Chernyavin fail in his mission?
4. What is suspicious about the confession of the alleged terrorist who claims responsibility for the attack on the Kremlin?
5. Why does the captain of the Julius Fucik ground the ship after the attack on the Icelandic air base?
6. Is Edwards suited to the stress of his situation?
7. What happens to Chernyavin's men after Chernyavin is detained and questioned?
8. What is "Red Storm?"
9. What does the Russian Navy do to make Patrick Flynn suspicious about the Russian arms reduction?
10. Who escapes the air base after the Russians take over?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)