|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edwards warn command about the relocation to a safer place?
(a) His men are low on ammunition.
(b) His men are too exhausted to move.
(c) The new location will be even less safe.
(d) It will take hours to make a short journey.
2. As he listens to the eulogy for the Russian victims, what does Toland notice about the speech?
(a) That Russia intends to continue their arms reduction.
(b) That Russia intends to ask other countries for oil.
(c) That Russia intends to go to war.
(d) That Russia is in desperate need of financial help from other countries.
3. What is the Russian Politburo?
(a) Twenty-five men who are in charge of Russia's military.
(b) Ten men who are responsible for Russia's energy production.
(c) Sixteen men who comprise Russia's Supreme Court.
(d) Thirteen men who make decisions for Russia.
4. Why does Chernyavin praise the man who blew up the van?
(a) He is very eager to begin fighting the Germans.
(b) The explosion destroyed their paperwork so the enemy can't get it.
(c) He showed bravery by being the last man out of the vehicle.
(d) He convinced the others to trust Chernyavin.
5. What was the message of the movie that was televised the night before the attack on the Kremlin?
(a) That Russians must disarm immediately to prevent nuclear war.
(b) That Russians must be ready to defend against a German attack.
(c) That Russians must be careful not to involve themselves in foreign affairs.
(d) That Russia's military is ready to fight any country if the need arises.
Short Answer Questions
1. Command asks Edwards a series of questions to confirm his identity. One question makes him so angry he refuses to answer. What was it?
2. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
3. The eulogy given at the Russian victims' funeral calls for what action?
4. The night before the attack, a movie was televised throughout Russia. What was the movie about?
5. What is the full name of the adviser to the Russian government, who specializes in energy production?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the actions Edwards and his men take immediately after the attack on the Icelandic air base.
2. An AP news correspondent in Moscow does not reveal the true cause of the oil refinery fire. What does he say happened, and how does he report the fire was extinguished?
3. What are some obstacles Edwards and his men face once they escape the air base?
4. Is Edwards suited to the stress of his situation?
5. Why does one of Chernyavin's men blow up the van they traveled in?
6. What are some clues Robert Toland finds that hint that Russia is preparing for an offensive?
7. Why does the Russian Foreign Minister place so much emphasis on his proposal for arms reduction?
8. How are the Russians' missiles damaged?
9. What is Chernyavin doing in Germany?
10. What happens to Robert Toland after he alerts military officials to the situation in Russia?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)