|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it unsafe for Edwards to stay at his surveillance location?
(a) His location is never really dark because the sun never truly sets.
(b) The Russians locate their hiding spot during a security sweep.
(c) His location is too close to the Russians.
(d) One of his men betrayed their position to the Russians.
2. After Edwards loses his confidence in himself, he defers all decisions to what man?
(a) Navy Captain Booth.
(b) Marine Corporal Davis.
(c) Commander Evans.
(d) Marine Sergeant Smith.
3. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
(a) He is asked to return to active duty.
(b) His two-week reserve status is extended indefinitely.
(c) He is dismissed from service and told to keep quiet about what he knows.
(d) He is told to go on leave and return to the ship in a few weeks.
4. What does Edwards warn command about the relocation to a safer place?
(a) His men are low on ammunition.
(b) His men are too exhausted to move.
(c) The new location will be even less safe.
(d) It will take hours to make a short journey.
5. The Russian KGB takes what political body hostage?
(a) The heads of Iceland's military.
(b) The Icelandic Supreme Court.
(c) The Icelandic Parliament.
(d) NATO officials living in Iceland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of vessel does the USS Pharris sink?
2. How many Muslims attack the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk?
3. What happens that leads to Chernyavin's discovery and arrest?
4. How long is the Russian military offensive supposed to last?
5. The Commander of the USS Pharris receives orders about how to deal with ships he encounters. What are those orders?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Politburo decide to go to war for oil?
2. What is Chernyavin doing in Germany?
3. Who escapes the air base after the Russians take over?
4. Why does Sergetov become enraged at the funeral of the victims of the Kremlin explosion?
5. Is Edwards suited to the stress of his situation?
6. How are the Russians' missiles damaged?
7. An AP news correspondent in Moscow does not reveal the true cause of the oil refinery fire. What does he say happened, and how does he report the fire was extinguished?
8. What are some clues Robert Toland finds that hint that Russia is preparing for an offensive?
9. Who is Robert Toland?
10. Why does the Russian Foreign Minister place so much emphasis on his proposal for arms reduction?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)