|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens that leads to Chernyavin's discovery and arrest?
(a) He is betrayed and is killed by German police.
(b) He is arrested for having a fake passport.
(c) He is hit by a car.
(d) He is robbed and the package taken from him.
2. When Toland is recalled to duty and is preparing to leave his home, he hears a news report about something that occurs at the Kremlin. What was it?
(a) Another oil refinery is attacked.
(b) There was a riot over the lack of oil.
(c) An important government official is kidnapped.
(d) There was an explosion at the Kremlin.
3. Highly-trained Russian forces begin fighting on the ground in Germany. What is the special title of those forces?
(a) Spetznaz forces.
(b) Spezielle Operationen forces.
(c) Spezialkräfte forces.
(d) Vympel forces.
4. What is the code name of Russia's military offensive?
(a) Black Night.
(b) Red Storm.
(d) Desert Storm.
5. Sergetov admits that he almost wishes that he had been present at the time of the attack. Why?
(a) He feels that he could have stopped the attack.
(b) He thinks death may be preferable to playing along with the government's plot.
(c) He wishes he could have been a hero because of his death.
(d) He thinks he could have saved some of the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. A Russian soldier named Chernyavin is in Germany. He is disguised as what kind of person?
2. What is the name of the man who escapes the Keflavik air base and uses a radio to spread news of the attack?
3. What does the Politburo decide after Sergetov's report?
4. After Edwards loses his confidence in himself, he defers all decisions to what man?
5. Where is the air base in Iceland?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Chernyavin doing in Germany?
2. Describe the actions Edwards and his men take immediately after the attack on the Icelandic air base.
3. Why does Chernyavin fail in his mission?
4. What happens to the Nimitz, the ship Toland is aboard during a Russian attack?
5. An AP news correspondent in Moscow does not reveal the true cause of the oil refinery fire. What does he say happened, and how does he report the fire was extinguished?
6. Why does Sergetov become enraged at the funeral of the victims of the Kremlin explosion?
7. What does Toland notice about the eulogy for the victims of the explosion at the Kremlin?
8. Who escapes the air base after the Russians take over?
9. Why does the Russian Foreign Minister place so much emphasis on his proposal for arms reduction?
10. Are the men who are stationed at Keflavik, Iceland, happy with their post?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)