|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Russia says that the explosion was caused by terrorists from which country?
2. Russia does something to indicate that they are reducing their nuclear arms. What do they do?
(a) They take apart Russian rocket-launchers.
(b) They shut down nuclear reactors.
(c) They dismantle nuclear warheads.
(d) They fill torpedo tubes with concrete.
3. What happens to the military personnel in the Keflavik air base?
(a) They are set free and told to warn the military that Russia is taking over.
(b) They are forced to act as the Russians' servants.
(c) They are either killed or taken hostage.
(d) They are forced to fight for the Russians.
4. Why does Chernyavin praise the man who blew up the van?
(a) The explosion destroyed their paperwork so the enemy can't get it.
(b) He convinced the others to trust Chernyavin.
(c) He showed bravery by being the last man out of the vehicle.
(d) He is very eager to begin fighting the Germans.
5. What is the code name for the command to which Edwards reports?
(a) Boarding House.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the full name of the adviser to the Russian government, who specializes in energy production?
2. Chernyavin picks up a package at a post office. What does it contain?
3. A Russian military official analyzes the readiness of the Russian military. What is that man's name?
4. What is Toland's response to the news of the generals' executions, and how do his superiors react?
5. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Julius Fucik, and how does it fit into Russia's secretive plans for war?
2. What happens to Robert Toland after he alerts military officials to the situation in Russia?
3. What are the effects of the execution of four generals in the Russian army?
4. What does Toland notice about the eulogy for the victims of the explosion at the Kremlin?
5. What is "Red Storm?"
6. Are the men who are stationed at Keflavik, Iceland, happy with their post?
7. Why does Sergetov become enraged at the funeral of the victims of the Kremlin explosion?
8. Why does the captain of the Julius Fucik ground the ship after the attack on the Icelandic air base?
9. What are some obstacles Edwards and his men face once they escape the air base?
10. What is suspicious about the confession of the alleged terrorist who claims responsibility for the attack on the Kremlin?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)