|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The U.S. fires on the Julius Fucik, but are unable to sink the boat. What does the captain of the ship do?
(a) He flees back to Russia.
(b) He returns fire until his enemies give up.
(c) He forcefully drives the ship into port.
(d) He blows up the boat to avoid capture.
2. What does the Politburo decide after Sergetov's report?
(a) That they need weapons, and should negotiate with Europe to get them.
(b) That they need oil, and that they must take it by force.
(c) That secretly manufacturing weapons will solve their problems.
(d) That they need oil, and that they must purchase as much as possible.
3. An AP Moscow Correspondent publishes a new story about the Nizhnevartovskv oil refinery fire. What does it say caused the explosion?
(a) A leak in the refinery's valves.
(b) A disgruntled employee.
(c) A technical malfunction.
(d) A careless employee.
4. The Russian KGB takes what political body hostage?
(a) NATO officials living in Iceland.
(b) The Icelandic Supreme Court.
(c) The heads of Iceland's military.
(d) The Icelandic Parliament.
5. Command asks Edwards a series of questions to confirm his identity. One question makes him so angry he refuses to answer. What was it?
(a) Why his father left his family.
(b) Where his mother is buried.
(c) Why his wife divorced him.
(d) What happened to his girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Commander of the USS Pharris receives orders about how to deal with ships he encounters. What are those orders?
2. The execution of four Russian generals has a profound impact on the rest of the Russian military. How do other military officers respond?
3. Who discovers the refinery fire?
4. Before the attack on the Keflavik air base, a Russian ship is secretly carrying Russian infantrymen. What is the name of that ship?
5. After Toland's ship is put out of commission by the Russians, where is he sent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Julius Fucik, and how does it fit into Russia's secretive plans for war?
2. What are the effects of the execution of four generals in the Russian army?
3. What are the results of the Allied forces firing their missiles into volcanic rock?
4. What does Toland notice about the eulogy for the victims of the explosion at the Kremlin?
5. What does the Russian Navy do to make Patrick Flynn suspicious about the Russian arms reduction?
6. What does Toland suspect about the explosion in the Kremlin?
7. What response does Edwards provide when warned about how "tough" the 200-mile hike to Hvammsfjordur will be?
8. Why is Edwards berated after the incident at the farmhouse?
9. How does Morris respond when the Battleaxe asks, "What the Devil is a Ruben James?"
10. What does O'Malley say is significant about the military's refusal to use the word "killing"?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)