|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship Toland's commanding officer is in charge of?
(a) The USS Pharris.
(b) The USS Ingham.
(c) The USS Lincolon.
(d) The USS Davis.
2. The mission against the Soviets is successful, but it is a costly victory. Why?
(a) Several planes are lost during the mission.
(b) Many troops are captured by the Soviets.
(c) NATO forces were ambushed and had to be left behind.
(d) NATO supply lines are compromised.
3. Flynn and Calloway cover a speech by the Russian Foreign Minister. What does the Minister speak about?
(a) A proposal for arms reduction.
(b) A plea for other countries to send Russia money and oil.
(c) A proposal to build more oil refineries.
(d) Russia's strong military and financial wealth.
4. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
(a) Mistreating military recruits.
(b) Stealing and selling Russian weapons.
(c) Falsifying training records.
(d) Embezzeling military money.
5. What happens to Chernyavin after he is caught?
(a) He is executed for treason.
(b) He is sent back to Russia.
(c) He is imprisoned until he confesses.
(d) He is drugged and reveals details about his mission.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the air base in Iceland?
2. What political body does the Politburo suggest should be eliminated?
3. The U.S. fires on the Julius Fucik, but are unable to sink the boat. What does the captain of the ship do?
4. What is the full name of the author of the article about the importance of the Russian oil fields?
5. What is the Russian Politburo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the Nimitz, the ship Toland is aboard during a Russian attack?
2. What does Toland suspect about the explosion in the Kremlin?
3. What happens to Robert Toland after he alerts military officials to the situation in Russia?
4. Why does the Russian Foreign Minister place so much emphasis on his proposal for arms reduction?
5. What does the captain of the Julius Fucik do when the ship is discovered by the U.S. Navy?
6. What does the Russian Navy do to make Patrick Flynn suspicious about the Russian arms reduction?
7. Why does Chernyavin fail in his mission?
8. Who is Robert Toland?
9. What are some obstacles Edwards and his men face once they escape the air base?
10. An AP news correspondent in Moscow does not reveal the true cause of the oil refinery fire. What does he say happened, and how does he report the fire was extinguished?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)