|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What element of the Russian offensive does Pavel Alekeseyev say is crucial to its success?
(c) Extensive military action.
(d) Shock and awe.
2. What is Toland's first order of business once he reaches safety?
(a) To give an account of the attack to military officials.
(b) To report to his commanding officers.
(c) To notify his family that he is safe.
(d) To return immediately to America.
3. What clue does Toland discover that indicates Russia's instability?
(a) Demonstrations and speeches in the heart of the Kremlin.
(b) Hijacking of oil shipments across the country.
(c) Russian battery shortages.
(d) Food riots in Moscow.
4. How many people were killed in the attack in Russia?
5. During Edwards's move away from his location, something happens that makes him ashamed of himself. What is it?
(a) One of his men is killed by a Russian patrol.
(b) He executes a Russian patrol that discovers his men.
(c) He freezes while crossing a road and is nearly discovered.
(d) He loses his temper and slaps one of his men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who escapes the Keflavik air base and uses a radio to spread news of the attack?
2. How does Flynn react to the Russian's show of reducing their arms?
3. What does Sergetov tell the Politburo about the state of Russian affairs?
4. The eulogy given at the Russian victims' funeral calls for what action?
5. What is the full name of the author of the article about the importance of the Russian oil fields?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Robert Toland after he alerts military officials to the situation in Russia?
2. Are the men who are stationed at Keflavik, Iceland, happy with their post?
3. What are some obstacles Edwards and his men face once they escape the air base?
4. What are some clues Robert Toland finds that hint that Russia is preparing for an offensive?
5. What is suspicious about the confession of the alleged terrorist who claims responsibility for the attack on the Kremlin?
6. How are the Russians' missiles damaged?
7. Why does Chernyavin fail in his mission?
8. Who escapes the air base after the Russians take over?
9. What happens to the Nimitz, the ship Toland is aboard during a Russian attack?
10. What happens to Chernyavin's men after Chernyavin is detained and questioned?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)