|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sergetov note about the Politburo's decision to go to war for oil?
(a) That oil is more important than the lives of Russian citizens.
(b) That the Russian people want to go to war to make their country richer.
(c) That the Politburo wants to go to war because they hate other countries.
(d) That it's safer to send Russians to war than to let them live cold and hungry.
2. What is the full name of the adviser to the Russian government, who specializes in energy production?
(a) Dmitri Shostakovich.
(b) Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.
(c) Alexander Taneyev.
(d) Mikhail Eduardovich Sergetov.
3. Command asks Edwards a series of questions to confirm his identity. One question makes him so angry he refuses to answer. What was it?
(a) What happened to his girlfriend.
(b) Where his mother is buried.
(c) Why his father left his family.
(d) Why his wife divorced him.
4. Toland is a reservist and serves his time with the commander of a ship. What is the commander's name?
(a) Patrick Flynn.
(b) William Calloway.
(c) Ed Morris.
(d) Charles Nubuck.
5. Why does Chernyavin praise the man who blew up the van?
(a) He convinced the others to trust Chernyavin.
(b) The explosion destroyed their paperwork so the enemy can't get it.
(c) He showed bravery by being the last man out of the vehicle.
(d) He is very eager to begin fighting the Germans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What code name is given to Edwards?
2. The Russians who control the air base are attacked by American planes. What do the American planes fail to destroy?
3. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
4. What is the name of the man who leads a mission that targets thirty-six bridges and Soviet troop support?
5. Before the attack on the Keflavik air base, a Russian ship is secretly carrying Russian infantrymen. What is the name of that ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Are the men who are stationed at Keflavik, Iceland, happy with their post?
2. What is Chernyavin doing in Germany?
3. What does Toland notice about the eulogy for the victims of the explosion at the Kremlin?
4. Why does the Politburo decide to go to war for oil?
5. What are some obstacles Edwards and his men face once they escape the air base?
6. What does the Russian Navy do to make Patrick Flynn suspicious about the Russian arms reduction?
7. What are the effects of the execution of four generals in the Russian army?
8. What is suspicious about the confession of the alleged terrorist who claims responsibility for the attack on the Kremlin?
9. Is Edwards suited to the stress of his situation?
10. What are some clues Robert Toland finds that hint that Russia is preparing for an offensive?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)