|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the attack on the Keflavik air base, a Russian ship is secretly carrying Russian infantrymen. What is the name of that ship?
(a) The Delfin.
(b) The Julius Fucik.
(c) The Plavnik.
(d) The USS Pharris.
2. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
(a) He is asked to return to active duty.
(b) He is dismissed from service and told to keep quiet about what he knows.
(c) His two-week reserve status is extended indefinitely.
(d) He is told to go on leave and return to the ship in a few weeks.
3. Where does First Lieutenant Mike Edwards stay to monitor the situation at the air base?
(a) A nearby barn.
(b) An abandoned building on the base.
(c) Hill 152.
(d) A local man's house.
4. How many Muslims attack the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk?
5. A Russian soldier named Chernyavin is in Germany. He is disguised as what kind of person?
(a) A Jewish businessman.
(b) A German entrepreneur.
(c) An Austrian investor.
(d) A Russian diplomat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Russian Politburo?
2. Flynn and Calloway cover a speech by the Russian Foreign Minister. What does the Minister speak about?
3. Four hovercraft are about to land on Iceland's coast. Why weren't they noticed by the Navy sooner?
4. When Toland is recalled to duty and is preparing to leave his home, he hears a news report about something that occurs at the Kremlin. What was it?
5. Alekeseyev is promised that the Russian Navy can achieve a certain goal. What is it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the captain of the Julius Fucik do when the ship is discovered by the U.S. Navy?
2. What are some obstacles Edwards and his men face once they escape the air base?
3. Who escapes the air base after the Russians take over?
4. What does Toland suspect about the explosion in the Kremlin?
5. Is Edwards suited to the stress of his situation?
6. What are some reasons that the destruction of the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk so significant to the Russians?
7. What is "Red Storm?"
8. Why does one of Chernyavin's men blow up the van they traveled in?
9. Why does the Politburo decide to go to war for oil?
10. What is Chernyavin doing in Germany?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)