|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What element of the Russian offensive does Pavel Alekeseyev say is crucial to its success?
(b) Extensive military action.
(c) Shock and awe.
2. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
(a) Embezzeling military money.
(b) Mistreating military recruits.
(c) Falsifying training records.
(d) Stealing and selling Russian weapons.
3. At the funeral, Sergetov is enraged by the loss of life that resulted from the explosion. He is also angry because of what reason?
(a) One of the parents of the deceased made a scene.
(b) The Politburo used the funeral as an excuse to discuss politics publicly.
(c) Half of the people who knew about the attack were at the funeral.
(d) He feels responsible for the death of the children.
4. What is the Russian Politburo?
(a) Ten men who are responsible for Russia's energy production.
(b) Thirteen men who make decisions for Russia.
(c) Sixteen men who comprise Russia's Supreme Court.
(d) Twenty-five men who are in charge of Russia's military.
5. What is the full name of the adviser to the Russian government, who specializes in energy production?
(a) Mikhail Eduardovich Sergetov.
(b) Alexander Taneyev.
(c) Dmitri Shostakovich.
(d) Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
2. What is the name of the alleged terrorist who admits to the attack on Russia?
3. The mission against the Soviets is successful, but it is a costly victory. Why?
4. Command asks Edwards a series of questions to confirm his identity. One question makes him so angry he refuses to answer. What was it?
5. What are Edwards and his men told to do once they leave their hiding place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Are the men who are stationed at Keflavik, Iceland, happy with their post?
2. Why is Vigdis's pregnancy not unusual in Icelandic society?
3. An AP news correspondent in Moscow does not reveal the true cause of the oil refinery fire. What does he say happened, and how does he report the fire was extinguished?
4. What does the elder Sergetov say about Alekeseyev and the younger Sergetov when he speaks about them to Communist Party officials?
5. Why is McCafferty frustrated with his actions against the Russians?
6. Why does Morris have to arrange for a tug boat to haul the Pharris back to shore?
7. What are the effects of the execution of four generals in the Russian army?
8. What does O'Malley say is significant about the military's refusal to use the word "killing"?
9. What contributes to Edwards's decision to relocate his men a second time?
10. What are some reasons that the destruction of the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk so significant to the Russians?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)