|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is this mission to take out the bridges so important in the war against the Soviets?
(a) If the mission fails, the Russians can take more oil.
(b) If it is successful, the Germans can not move into Russia.
(c) If the mission fails, the Germans will be trapped by the Soviets.
(d) If it is successful, Soviet reinforcements can not arrive.
2. What does Edwards warn command about the relocation to a safer place?
(a) His men are low on ammunition.
(b) His men are too exhausted to move.
(c) It will take hours to make a short journey.
(d) The new location will be even less safe.
3. Once the men have rejoined Chernyavin, they blow up the van they were in. How?
(a) With plastic explosives.
(b) With a rocket-launcher.
(c) With dynamite.
(d) With a hand-grenade.
4. An AP Moscow Correspondent publishes a new story about the Nizhnevartovskv oil refinery fire. What does it say caused the explosion?
(a) A careless employee.
(b) A disgruntled employee.
(c) A leak in the refinery's valves.
(d) A technical malfunction.
5. The execution of four Russian generals has a profound impact on the rest of the Russian military. How do other military officers respond?
(a) By being more deeply committed to the Russian government.
(b) By being fearful toward the Russian government.
(c) They are pleased that rogue officers were caught and punished.
(d) They are angry that the Russian government interfered with the military.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the attack on the Nizhnevartovsk oil refinery, Tolkaze stops for a moment to read something. What was it?
2. What political body does the Politburo suggest should be eliminated?
3. Why is it unsafe for Edwards to stay at his surveillance location?
4. After the Russians have gained control of the air base, what is their one significant problem?
5. What happens to the military personnel in the Keflavik air base?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is suspicious about the confession of the alleged terrorist who claims responsibility for the attack on the Kremlin?
2. What is "Red Storm?"
3. Who escapes the air base after the Russians take over?
4. How are the Russians' missiles damaged?
5. What is the Julius Fucik, and how does it fit into Russia's secretive plans for war?
6. What happens to the Nimitz, the ship Toland is aboard during a Russian attack?
7. An AP news correspondent in Moscow does not reveal the true cause of the oil refinery fire. What does he say happened, and how does he report the fire was extinguished?
8. What does Toland notice about the eulogy for the victims of the explosion at the Kremlin?
9. Why does the captain of the Julius Fucik ground the ship after the attack on the Icelandic air base?
10. Why does the Russian Foreign Minister place so much emphasis on his proposal for arms reduction?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)