Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Russia says that the explosion was caused by terrorists from which country?
2. What element of the Russian offensive does Pavel Alekeseyev say is crucial to its success?
(a) Shock and awe.
(b) Extensive military action.
3. Sergetov admits that he almost wishes that he had been present at the time of the attack. Why?
(a) He wishes he could have been a hero because of his death.
(b) He thinks death may be preferable to playing along with the government's plot.
(c) He thinks he could have saved some of the children.
(d) He feels that he could have stopped the attack.
4. The Commander of the USS Pharris receives orders about how to deal with ships he encounters. What are those orders?
(a) He is to call for reinforcements any time he encounters enemy ships.
(b) He is to evade any Soviet ships he encounters.
(c) He is to follow any enemy ships he finds, but is not to attack them.
(d) He is to engage any East Bloc warship or merchant ship.
5. The U.S. fires on the Julius Fucik, but are unable to sink the boat. What does the captain of the ship do?
(a) He returns fire until his enemies give up.
(b) He forcefully drives the ship into port.
(c) He blows up the boat to avoid capture.
(d) He flees back to Russia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Russian Politburo?
2. Why is it unsafe for Edwards to stay at his surveillance location?
3. How many people were killed in the attack in Russia?
4. The night before the attack, a movie was televised throughout Russia. What was the movie about?
5. What is the name of the man who leads a mission that targets thirty-six bridges and Soviet troop support?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Russian Foreign Minister place so much emphasis on his proposal for arms reduction?
2. Describe the actions of Lieutenant Potter and his men after they rescue Edwards and his group from the mountain.
3. Why is McCafferty frustrated with his actions against the Russians?
4. What does Alekeseyev say when he is asked to analyze the pros and cons of using nuclear weapons in the war?
5. What are some clues Robert Toland finds that hint that Russia is preparing for an offensive?
6. What is Chernyavin doing in Germany?
7. What does Sergetov's son say when his father questions him about the war?
8. How does Morris react when Calloway, an American reporter, sails with Morris's crew?
9. Are the men who are stationed at Keflavik, Iceland, happy with their post?
10. Is Edwards suited to the stress of his situation?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)