|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the captain of the Julius Fucik decide to take that course of action?
(a) The captain is certain that he can destroy the air base alone.
(b) The captain is afraid his enemies will discover Russia's plans for Red Storm.
(c) The boat is too damaged to dock properly.
(d) The captain plans to return with reinforcements.
2. How many Muslims attack the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk?
3. The night before the attack, a movie was televised throughout Russia. What was the movie about?
(a) Nuclear War.
(b) A German attack on Russia.
(c) The Russian military.
(d) World War I.
4. What is the name of the man who escapes the Keflavik air base and uses a radio to spread news of the attack?
(a) First Lieutenant Mike Edwards.
(b) Ed Morris.
(c) Patrick Flynn.
(d) Commander Daniel Edwards.
5. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
(a) Colonel Keith Oberhausen.
(b) Commander Raymond Jarvis.
(c) Vice Admiral Richard Pipes.
(d) Sergeant Chuck Meyers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Command asks Edwards a series of questions to confirm his identity. One question makes him so angry he refuses to answer. What was it?
2. What are Edwards and his men told to do if they find themselves in danger?
3. How does Flynn react to the Russian's show of reducing their arms?
4. The mission against the Soviets is successful, but it is a costly victory. Why?
5. The Commander of the USS Pharris receives orders about how to deal with ships he encounters. What are those orders?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Edwards suited to the stress of his situation?
2. What is Chernyavin doing in Germany?
3. Why does the Politburo decide to go to war for oil?
4. Describe the actions Edwards and his men take immediately after the attack on the Icelandic air base.
5. An AP news correspondent in Moscow does not reveal the true cause of the oil refinery fire. What does he say happened, and how does he report the fire was extinguished?
6. What are some reasons that the destruction of the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk so significant to the Russians?
7. How are the Russians' missiles damaged?
8. What happens to Robert Toland after he alerts military officials to the situation in Russia?
9. Why does the captain of the Julius Fucik ground the ship after the attack on the Icelandic air base?
10. Are the men who are stationed at Keflavik, Iceland, happy with their post?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)