|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The U.S. fires on the Julius Fucik, but are unable to sink the boat. What does the captain of the ship do?
(a) He blows up the boat to avoid capture.
(b) He returns fire until his enemies give up.
(c) He forcefully drives the ship into port.
(d) He flees back to Russia.
2. The Russian KGB takes what political body hostage?
(a) NATO officials living in Iceland.
(b) The heads of Iceland's military.
(c) The Icelandic Parliament.
(d) The Icelandic Supreme Court.
3. Why is this mission to take out the bridges so important in the war against the Soviets?
(a) If it is successful, the Germans can not move into Russia.
(b) If the mission fails, the Russians can take more oil.
(c) If it is successful, Soviet reinforcements can not arrive.
(d) If the mission fails, the Germans will be trapped by the Soviets.
4. What does Edwards warn command about the relocation to a safer place?
(a) It will take hours to make a short journey.
(b) The new location will be even less safe.
(c) His men are low on ammunition.
(d) His men are too exhausted to move.
5. Where is the air base in Iceland?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Flynn react to the Russian's show of reducing their arms?
2. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
3. What is the code name of Russia's military offensive?
4. What is the code name for the command to which Edwards reports?
5. What two areas do the Russians plan to attack during Red Storm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Edwards suited to the stress of his situation?
2. What does the elder Sergetov say about Alekeseyev and the younger Sergetov when he speaks about them to Communist Party officials?
3. Why do Edwards and his men attack and kill five Russian soldiers at a local farmhouse?
4. What are some reasons that the destruction of the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk so significant to the Russians?
5. What does the younger Sergetov discover on his scouting expedition?
6. Describe Alekeseyev's plan for his troops after the Allied attacks on the Russian fuel trucks and tanks?
7. What does O'Malley say is significant about the military's refusal to use the word "killing"?
8. Describe the actions Edwards and his men take immediately after the attack on the Icelandic air base.
9. Describe Edwards's and his men's actions when they realize they have been spotted by Russian forces.
10. What does Sergetov's son say when his father questions him about the war?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)