|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Russian Politburo?
(a) Sixteen men who comprise Russia's Supreme Court.
(b) Ten men who are responsible for Russia's energy production.
(c) Twenty-five men who are in charge of Russia's military.
(d) Thirteen men who make decisions for Russia.
2. As Chernyavin's men are traveling, they find themselves face-to-face with a tank. They then hear Chernyavin's voice telling them to surrender themselves. Why does this surprise them?
(a) They think that Chernyavin is still in prison.
(b) They think that Chernyavin is working for the Germans.
(c) They believe that Chernyavin is dead.
(d) They are now under new leadership.
3. What are Edwards and his men told to do if they find themselves in danger?
(a) "Bug out."
(b) "Peace out."
(c) "Surrender immediately."
(d) "Retreat and evade."
4. A Russian military official analyzes the readiness of the Russian military. What is that man's name?
(a) Commander Daniel X. McCafferty.
(b) Ibrahim Tolkaze.
(c) Pavel Alekeseyev.
(d) Major Chapeyev.
5. Four hovercraft are about to land on Iceland's coast. Why weren't they noticed by the Navy sooner?
(a) They were disguised.
(b) The Russians caused a diversion.
(c) They flew too quickly to be recognized.
(d) The Navy's radar did not see them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
2. Flynn and Calloway cover a speech by the Russian Foreign Minister. What does the Minister speak about?
3. The night before the attack, a movie was televised throughout Russia. What was the movie about?
4. Russia says that the explosion was caused by terrorists from which country?
5. What happens to the military personnel in the Keflavik air base?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Chernyavin doing in Germany?
2. What is the Julius Fucik, and how does it fit into Russia's secretive plans for war?
3. How are the Russians' missiles damaged?
4. Why does one of Chernyavin's men blow up the van they traveled in?
5. Why does the captain of the Julius Fucik ground the ship after the attack on the Icelandic air base?
6. Why does Chernyavin fail in his mission?
7. An AP news correspondent in Moscow does not reveal the true cause of the oil refinery fire. What does he say happened, and how does he report the fire was extinguished?
8. What are some obstacles Edwards and his men face once they escape the air base?
9. Why does the Russian Foreign Minister place so much emphasis on his proposal for arms reduction?
10. Who escapes the air base after the Russians take over?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)