|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the attack on the Keflavik air base, a Russian ship is secretly carrying Russian infantrymen. What is the name of that ship?
(a) The Plavnik.
(b) The Delfin.
(c) The Julius Fucik.
(d) The USS Pharris.
2. After Edwards loses his confidence in himself, he defers all decisions to what man?
(a) Navy Captain Booth.
(b) Commander Evans.
(c) Marine Corporal Davis.
(d) Marine Sergeant Smith.
3. What kind of vessel does the USS Pharris sink?
(a) A merchant ship.
(b) A warship.
(c) A Russian oil tanker.
(d) A submarine.
4. What happens to the military personnel in the Keflavik air base?
(a) They are forced to act as the Russians' servants.
(b) They are forced to fight for the Russians.
(c) They are either killed or taken hostage.
(d) They are set free and told to warn the military that Russia is taking over.
5. Command asks Edwards a series of questions to confirm his identity. One question makes him so angry he refuses to answer. What was it?
(a) Why his father left his family.
(b) Why his wife divorced him.
(c) What happened to his girlfriend.
(d) Where his mother is buried.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it unsafe for Edwards to stay at his surveillance location?
2. Once the men have rejoined Chernyavin, they blow up the van they were in. How?
3. Why does Chernyavin praise the man who blew up the van?
4. The night before the attack, a movie was televised throughout Russia. What was the movie about?
5. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "Red Storm?"
2. What are some reasons that the destruction of the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk so significant to the Russians?
3. What happens to Chernyavin's men after Chernyavin is detained and questioned?
4. What is the Julius Fucik, and how does it fit into Russia's secretive plans for war?
5. Why does one of Chernyavin's men blow up the van they traveled in?
6. What is Chernyavin doing in Germany?
7. Is Edwards suited to the stress of his situation?
8. What is suspicious about the confession of the alleged terrorist who claims responsibility for the attack on the Kremlin?
9. What are the effects of the execution of four generals in the Russian army?
10. What does Toland notice about the eulogy for the victims of the explosion at the Kremlin?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)