|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Command asks Edwards a series of questions to confirm his identity. One question makes him so angry he refuses to answer. What was it?
(a) What happened to his girlfriend.
(b) Why his wife divorced him.
(c) Where his mother is buried.
(d) Why his father left his family.
2. What code name is given to Edwards?
3. While the American military waits to confirm a plan to down Soviet satellites, something happens that sets back the operation. What happens?
(a) The American government decides to scrap the operation.
(b) The Soviets attack American forces.
(c) The Soviets launch missiles at American warships.
(d) The American satellites go down.
4. What is the supposed occupation of the "terrorist"?
(a) A military specialist.
(b) A demolition worker.
(c) A spy.
(d) A bomb manufacturer.
5. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
(a) Norfolk, Virginia.
(b) Quantico, Virginia.
(c) Tampa, Florida.
(d) Washington, D.C..
Short Answer Questions
1. The Russian KGB takes what political body hostage?
2. Where is the air base in Iceland?
3. Flynn and Calloway cover a speech by the Russian Foreign Minister. What does the Minister speak about?
4. Russia does something to indicate that they are reducing their nuclear arms. What do they do?
5. After Toland's ship is put out of commission by the Russians, where is he sent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the captain of the Julius Fucik ground the ship after the attack on the Icelandic air base?
2. What are some reasons that the destruction of the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk so significant to the Russians?
3. Who escapes the air base after the Russians take over?
4. What happens to Chernyavin's men after Chernyavin is detained and questioned?
5. What does Toland notice about the eulogy for the victims of the explosion at the Kremlin?
6. What are some clues Robert Toland finds that hint that Russia is preparing for an offensive?
7. What are the effects of the execution of four generals in the Russian army?
8. An AP news correspondent in Moscow does not reveal the true cause of the oil refinery fire. What does he say happened, and how does he report the fire was extinguished?
9. What is Chernyavin doing in Germany?
10. Why does Chernyavin fail in his mission?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)