|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Edwards and his men are supposed to hike about two hundred miles. How long is their journey supposed to last?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) A month.
(d) Two months.
2. After the Americans attack the Keflavik air base, Edwards announces that he and his men will have to relocate to a third location. Why?
(a) His men are desperate to get out of enemy territory.
(b) The Russians are too close to their hiding place.
(c) Edwards and his men are low on supplies.
(d) Their hiding place is under fire.
3. What happens at a local farmhouse when Edwards and his men prepare to ask for food?
(a) One of the men is shot in a Russian ambush.
(b) They are recognized and questioned by local police.
(c) They are forced to hide when a group of Russians questions locals about their whereabouts.
(d) Russians break in and brutalize the family.
4. Why is O'Malley worried about Morris's ability to captain the Ruben James?
(a) Morris says that he is tired of being in command and wishes to return to port.
(b) He lost men on the Pharris, and may find returning to command too stressful.
(c) O'Mally believes that Morris is too inexperienced to captain such a large ship.
(d) Morris is disliked by the other men on the ship.
5. In Iceland, Edwards and his men near the hill Doghouse told them to reach but are unable to approach it. Why?
(a) Their command tells them to change their destination.
(b) It is already occupied.
(c) The Russians have located their group.
(d) A helicopter is circling the hill.
6. Before Morris sails from New York Harbor, he is joined by a reporter. What is the reporter's name?
(a) William Calloway.
(b) Patrick Flynn.
(c) Rick Kogan.
(d) Gerald Marzorati.
7. After O'Malley sinks his first submarine, Morris asks him when he'll be ready to fly again. What does he say?
(a) He's ready to go back up now.
(b) He'll be ready in maybe a week.
(c) He'll never be ready to fly again.
(d) He'll be ready next month.
8. While Edwards is communicating with command about an attack on the Keflavik airfield, two important areas of the base are destroyed. What are they?
(a) The barracks and the terminal.
(b) The terminal and the supply housing.
(c) The airplane hangars and the barracks.
(d) The electric plant and the tower.
9. Morris is reassigned to a new ship. What is the name of that ship?
(a) The Ruben James.
(b) The Santa Maria.
(c) The George Washington.
(d) The Audie Murphy.
10. What happens to the captain that Morris replaces on his new ship?
(a) He dies in an enemy attack.
(b) He collapses due to a bleeding ulcer.
(c) He has a nervous breakdown.
(d) He suffers from epilepsy.
11. What is the name of the girl Edwards and his men take with them when they leave the village?
12. Why does O'Malley, a member of Morris' crew, offer the credit for the submarine kill to the other ship?
(a) The other ship has never hit a submarine.
(b) The other ship hit the submarine first.
(c) O'Mally dislikes Morris and wants to make him look bad.
(d) The other ship will have to fill out the environmental impact statement.
13. What do Alekeseyev and Sergetov conclude about the Russian offensive in Germany?
(a) The Russian offensive is going according to plan.
(b) The offensive is not going well.
(c) The Germans are close to surrendering.
(d) The Russians are capable of winning but need more weapons.
14. Before O'Malley sank the submarine, what role did he play as a helicopter pilot?
(a) He did only search and rescue.
(b) He flew medical helicopters.
(c) He only flew supplies for the military.
(d) He did only intelligence and surveillance.
15. When McCafferty fires upon the Russian convoy, he saves a submarine crew from which country?
(b) He didn't save a submarine crew.
(d) The Ukraine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Alekeseyev and Sergetov leave the scene the helicopter crash?
2. In this section of the book, Sergetov questions a Russian soldier who has returned from the front. How is the soldier related to him?
3. What is the full name of the captain of the Battleaxe?
4. What happened to O'Malley that makes him relate to Morris's grief about the death of his men?
5. After O'Malley sinks his first live submarine, what does he say about his feelings?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)