|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Alekeseyev and Sergetov conclude about the Russian offensive in Germany?
(a) The Germans are close to surrendering.
(b) The Russian offensive is going according to plan.
(c) The offensive is not going well.
(d) The Russians are capable of winning but need more weapons.
2. Morris did not receive much warning that the journalist was to join his ship, but he determines that the journalist is professional. Why?
(a) The journalist stays out of the way.
(b) The journalist has a good reputation.
(c) The journalist only carries one bag.
(d) The journalist is very well-spoken.
3. What important thing does Edwards tell Vigdis about his feelings toward her before they are rescued?
(a) He tells her that he loves her.
(b) He tells her that she reminds him of his girlfriend.
(c) He tells her that he has to leave the country without her.
(d) He tells her that he views her as a sister.
4. How does O'Malley try to help Morris deal with the deaths of the men on the Pharris?
(a) He recommends that Morris see a psychiatrist.
(b) He encourages Morris to forget about the Pharris and focus on his new crew.
(c) He asks Morris to write about the details of the attack.
(d) He asks him to have a drink and has him talk about what happened.
5. When Edward and Vigdis encounter an enemy helicopter, how do they avoid detection?
(a) They pretend to be village fishermen.
(b) They dive into the river..
(c) They pose as a young, romantic couple.
(d) They hide in the reeds on the riverbank.
6. Doghouse tells Edwards and his men are told to "take a little hike." Where are they supposed to go?
(a) A town called Hvammsfjordur.
(b) A distant Marine outpost.
(c) The nearest American ship.
(d) To meet up with another group of stranded Marines.
7. While Edwards is communicating with command about an attack on the Keflavik airfield, two important areas of the base are destroyed. What are they?
(a) The airplane hangars and the barracks.
(b) The terminal and the supply housing.
(c) The barracks and the terminal.
(d) The electric plant and the tower.
8. After O'Malley sinks his first submarine, Morris asks him when he'll be ready to fly again. What does he say?
(a) He'll be ready next month.
(b) He'll be ready in maybe a week.
(c) He's ready to go back up now.
(d) He'll never be ready to fly again.
9. Morris is reassigned to a new ship. What is the name of that ship?
(a) The Ruben James.
(b) The Audie Murphy.
(c) The Santa Maria.
(d) The George Washington.
10. When the Russians discover the soldiers Edwards's group killed at the farmhouse, what do they decide to do?
(a) Assume they died in an accident and determine to be more careful.
(b) Bury the Russians and leave the area.
(c) Search for the band of Allied soldiers that must be nearby.
(d) Report the deaths and await further orders.
11. What honor does Morris receive once he is back on American soil?
(a) He receives recognition for his efforts on the Pharris.
(b) He is promoted within the military.
(c) A family thanks him for fighting for his country.
(d) He is thanked by the military for his work as a spy.
12. An American soldier and Major Chapeyev are shot down in the same area, and Chapeyev attempts to take the American captive. What does the American ask the Chapeyev that dissuades him from doing so?
(a) He asks the Russian to share his water with him.
(b) He asks the Russian if he can really bear to kill him in cold blood.
(c) He asks the Russian if he has enough shark repellent.
(d) He asks the Russian if captives really matter at sea.
13. Morris decides to treat the prisoners from the sunken submarine in a very unusual way. Why does Morris decide to treat the prisoners this way?
(a) It's to avenge the deaths of the soldiers the Russians killed.
(b) It's to prevent the Russians from spying on the Americans.
(c) It's the best way to gain information from them.
(d) It's the safest way to get the Russians off the Pharris.
14. After the Americans attack the Keflavik air base, Edwards announces that he and his men will have to relocate to a third location. Why?
(a) The Russians are too close to their hiding place.
(b) Edwards and his men are low on supplies.
(c) His men are desperate to get out of enemy territory.
(d) Their hiding place is under fire.
15. What British town houses the USS Nimitz while it is repaired and prepared for service?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Alekeseyev and Sergetov when their helicopter is shot down?
2. When McCafferty fires upon the Russian convoy, he saves a submarine crew from which country?
3. When the Russians locate a damaged American submarine, another Allied vessel distracts the Russians and leads them away. What is the name of that vessel?
4. McCafferty fires three torpedoes at a Russian convoy, but is unable to confirm a hit. Why?
5. Terry Mackell has great success locating tanks with what kind of instrument?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)