|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Morris arrives in Boston, to what city is he sent?
(a) Quantico, VA.
(b) Norfolk, VA.
(c) Newport, RI.
(d) Tampa, FL.
2. The men that escape the sunken submarine are captured and taken on board the Pharris. How are they treated?
(a) They are locked in a store room and given minimal food and water.
(b) They are well cared for, but they are separated from the rest of the crew.
(c) They are tortured for information.
(d) They are executed.
3. Morris and his new crew work with another ship to sink an enemy submarine. What is the other ship's name?
(a) The Man O' War.
(b) The Battleaxe.
(c) The Harpie.
(d) The Audie Murphy.
4. After O'Malley sinks his first live submarine, what does he say about his feelings?
(a) He says the submarine sinking was the saddest sound he'd ever heard.
(b) He says that the Russians deserved it.
(c) He says that it was the happiest day of his life.
(d) He says that he's ready to sink more submarines.
5. Before O'Malley sank the submarine, what role did he play as a helicopter pilot?
(a) He did only intelligence and surveillance.
(b) He only flew supplies for the military.
(c) He did only search and rescue.
(d) He flew medical helicopters.
6. Doghouse tells Edwards and his men are told to "take a little hike." Where are they supposed to go?
(a) A distant Marine outpost.
(b) A town called Hvammsfjordur.
(c) The nearest American ship.
(d) To meet up with another group of stranded Marines.
7. Where are Alekeseyev and Sergetov when their helicopter is shot down?
8. In chapters 27-34, the Americans attack the Russians at the air base using what new technology?
(a) Heat-seeking missiles.
(b) Unmanned fighter drones.
(c) Radar-jamming technology.
(d) Planes that are undetected by radars.
9. What honor does Morris receive once he is back on American soil?
(a) He is thanked by the military for his work as a spy.
(b) He receives recognition for his efforts on the Pharris.
(c) He is promoted within the military.
(d) A family thanks him for fighting for his country.
10. What is the full name of the captain of the Battleaxe?
(a) Doug Perrin.
(b) Robert Paulson.
(c) Jacob Harrison.
(d) Nick D'Onofrio.
11. How many men escape the submarine that the Pharris sinks?
12. Morris is reassigned to a new ship. What is the name of that ship?
(a) The George Washington.
(b) The Audie Murphy.
(c) The Ruben James.
(d) The Santa Maria.
13. After the Americans attack the Keflavik air base, Edwards announces that he and his men will have to relocate to a third location. Why?
(a) Edwards and his men are low on supplies.
(b) The Russians are too close to their hiding place.
(c) His men are desperate to get out of enemy territory.
(d) Their hiding place is under fire.
14. Morris did not receive much warning that the journalist was to join his ship, but he determines that the journalist is professional. Why?
(a) The journalist only carries one bag.
(b) The journalist has a good reputation.
(c) The journalist is very well-spoken.
(d) The journalist stays out of the way.
15. What happens to the farmhouse after Edwards and his men dispose of the Russian bodies?
(a) Edwards and his men burn it.
(b) It is abandoned.
(c) The Russians occupy the house.
(d) The fate of the house itself is not mentioned.
Short Answer Questions
1. McCafferty fires three torpedoes at a Russian convoy, but is unable to confirm a hit. Why?
2. What do Edwards and his men do when they realize that they have been located by the Russians on the mountain?
3. What happens to the Pharris in chapter 27?
4. On the Pharris, Morris realizes that the loss of the Keflavik air base is more significant than he once anticipated. Why?
5. What was Edward's girlfriend's name?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)