|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Doghouse tells Edwards and his men are told to "take a little hike." Where are they supposed to go?
(a) The nearest American ship.
(b) A town called Hvammsfjordur.
(c) To meet up with another group of stranded Marines.
(d) A distant Marine outpost.
2. During his interview with Calloway, O'Malley says that the Allied troops' ability to survive depends on what?
(a) All troops working independantly, apart from each other.
(b) The Allied forces' ability to keep their plans secret.
(c) The Allies' ability to unite with other countries.
(d) All parts of the military's defenses working together.
3. What do Edwards and his men do when they realize that they have been located by the Russians on the mountain?
(a) They radio an Allied helicopter to come shoot the Russians.
(b) They take defensive positions and wait for the Russians to come close to them.
(c) They retreat to another hill.
(d) They scatter and hide in the mountains.
4. Morris did not receive much warning that the journalist was to join his ship, but he determines that the journalist is professional. Why?
(a) The journalist stays out of the way.
(b) The journalist only carries one bag.
(c) The journalist has a good reputation.
(d) The journalist is very well-spoken.
5. While the Russian soldiers are looking for Edwards and his men, what happens to distract them?
(a) They are faced with an angry mob of locals.
(b) They find and shoot a deer.
(c) They are attacked by Allied planes.
(d) They recieve orders to relocate to a different part of the country.
6. How many men escape the submarine that the Pharris sinks?
7. In chapters 27-34, the Americans attack the Russians at the air base using what new technology?
(a) Heat-seeking missiles.
(b) Radar-jamming technology.
(c) Planes that are undetected by radars.
(d) Unmanned fighter drones.
8. While Edwards is communicating with command about an attack on the Keflavik airfield, two important areas of the base are destroyed. What are they?
(a) The electric plant and the tower.
(b) The airplane hangars and the barracks.
(c) The barracks and the terminal.
(d) The terminal and the supply housing.
9. What happens to the captain that Morris replaces on his new ship?
(a) He has a nervous breakdown.
(b) He collapses due to a bleeding ulcer.
(c) He suffers from epilepsy.
(d) He dies in an enemy attack.
10. What is the full name of the captain of the Battleaxe?
(a) Robert Paulson.
(b) Jacob Harrison.
(c) Nick D'Onofrio.
(d) Doug Perrin.
11. After the Americans attack the Keflavik air base, Edwards announces that he and his men will have to relocate to a third location. Why?
(a) His men are desperate to get out of enemy territory.
(b) The Russians are too close to their hiding place.
(c) Edwards and his men are low on supplies.
(d) Their hiding place is under fire.
12. Morris and his new crew work with another ship to sink an enemy submarine. What is the other ship's name?
(a) The Harpie.
(b) The Battleaxe.
(c) The Man O' War.
(d) The Audie Murphy.
13. How does Morris get the Pharris back to land after it is damaged?
(a) He arranges for a tug to pull them back to shore.
(b) He plugs the holes in the ship.
(c) He engages the ship's secondary engines.
(d) He fixes and restarts the engines.
14. What is the name of the defensive maneuver that the Allied forces execute in Chapter 35?
15. In Iceland, Edwards and his men near the hill Doghouse told them to reach but are unable to approach it. Why?
(a) A helicopter is circling the hill.
(b) It is already occupied.
(c) The Russians have located their group.
(d) Their command tells them to change their destination.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Russians locate a damaged American submarine, another Allied vessel distracts the Russians and leads them away. What is the name of that vessel?
2. What happened to Edwards's girlfriend?
3. Edwards and his men are supposed to hike about two hundred miles. How long is their journey supposed to last?
4. Where was Georgiyevich when the information that led to the war was discussed with the Politburo?
5. What causes the Russians to begin searching for Edwards and his men after the American attack on the Keflavik air base?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)