|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After McCafferty arrives in Scotland, what does he discover about his skirmish with the Russian convoy?
(a) He interupted a Norwegian attack on the Russians.
(b) He frightened the Russians away.
(c) He managed to sink a Russian vessel.
(d) He damaged three Russian ships.
2. What happened to Edwards's girlfriend?
(a) She was raped and murdered at her University.
(b) She left him for another man when he left to go to war.
(c) She was killed by a Russian missile.
(d) She committed suicide.
3. Morris and his new crew work with another ship to sink an enemy submarine. What is the other ship's name?
(a) The Man O' War.
(b) The Battleaxe.
(c) The Audie Murphy.
(d) The Harpie.
4. When Edward and Vigdis encounter an enemy helicopter, how do they avoid detection?
(a) They pose as a young, romantic couple.
(b) They pretend to be village fishermen.
(c) They dive into the river..
(d) They hide in the reeds on the riverbank.
5. In Chapters 35-39, McCafferty scores a hit by sinking which vessel?
(a) The Nautilus.
(b) The Triton.
(c) The Turtle.
(d) The Foxtrot.
6. What honor does Morris receive once he is back on American soil?
(a) He receives recognition for his efforts on the Pharris.
(b) He is promoted within the military.
(c) A family thanks him for fighting for his country.
(d) He is thanked by the military for his work as a spy.
7. What causes the Russians to begin searching for Edwards and his men after the American attack on the Keflavik air base?
(a) A Russian patrol found their footprints near their hiding place.
(b) Edwards and his men were spotted while trying to signal for help.
(c) They believe someone is feeding information to the Americans.
(d) They saw Edwards and his men when they left their original hiding place.
8. What happens at a local farmhouse when Edwards and his men prepare to ask for food?
(a) One of the men is shot in a Russian ambush.
(b) They are forced to hide when a group of Russians questions locals about their whereabouts.
(c) They are recognized and questioned by local police.
(d) Russians break in and brutalize the family.
9. Terry Mackell has great success locating tanks with what kind of instrument?
10. In this section of the book, Sergetov questions a Russian soldier who has returned from the front. How is the soldier related to him?
(a) He is Sergetov's cousin.
(b) He is Sergetov's son.
(c) He is Sergetov's nephew.
(d) He is Sergetov's brother.
11. What do Edwards and his men do with the bodies of the Russian soldiers that were killed in the farmhouse?
(a) They put them in their own jeep, push it off a cliff, and set it on fire.
(b) They leave them in the farmhouse.
(c) They arrange the bodies to make it look like they were ambushed.
(d) They bury the bodies in the fields behind the farmhouse.
12. Morris is reassigned to a new ship. What is the name of that ship?
(a) The Ruben James.
(b) The George Washington.
(c) The Audie Murphy.
(d) The Santa Maria.
13. After Morris arrives in Boston, to what city is he sent?
(a) Quantico, VA.
(b) Newport, RI.
(c) Tampa, FL.
(d) Norfolk, VA.
14. What is unusual about McCafferty's kill in chapters 35-39?
(a) The vessel sinks, but most of the crew escapes.
(b) The rescue buoy is deployed, even though all the sailors are already dead.
(c) The vessel is not severely damaged, but sinks anyway.
(d) Three men flee on a recuse raft.
15. What causes a Russian soldier to locate Edwards and his men on the mountain?
(a) The Russian soldier comes across them on a routine patrol.
(b) The Russian soldier sees a repeated flash of light.
(c) The Russian soldier finds them on the air base's radar.
(d) The Russian soldier sees them as he flies a helicopter near the mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Iceland, Edwards and his men near the hill Doghouse told them to reach but are unable to approach it. Why?
2. After Russians sink both submarines that are traveling with the Chicago, what country's submarine contacts the Chicago and asks them if they are alone?
3. When American forces attack the Keflavik air base, how many American planes do the Russians take down in their counter-attack?
4. Why does O'Malley, a member of Morris' crew, offer the credit for the submarine kill to the other ship?
5. What is the name of the defensive maneuver that the Allied forces execute in Chapter 35?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)