|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Morris communicate with the Russian prisoners from the sunken submarine?
(a) They use More Code.
(b) One of them speaks English.
(c) They use sign language.
(d) Morris speaks Russian.
2. Terry Mackell has great success locating tanks with what kind of instrument?
3. What does Georgiyevich say his replacement told the Politburo when the war was discussed with the Politburo?
(a) His replacement kept silent when asked for his report.
(b) His replacement told the Politburo what they wanted to hear.
(c) His replacement tried to talk the Politburo into attacking immediately.
(d) His replacement tried to dissuade the Politburo from going to war.
4. What happened to Edwards's girlfriend?
(a) She was raped and murdered at her University.
(b) She committed suicide.
(c) She left him for another man when he left to go to war.
(d) She was killed by a Russian missile.
5. What marking will the Pharris receive that indicates that it has sunk a submarine?
(a) A special flag will be flown on the ship.
(b) The Pharris will be given a new name.
(c) All of the men will be given special medals.
(d) A submarine will be painted on the bow.
6. Who is the Russian Central Committee member who explains to Sergetov how the Politburo organizes reports?
(a) Henrik Georgiyevich.
(b) Boris Georgiyevich.
(c) Georg Udovitsky.
(d) Dmitry Medvedev.
7. After Russians sink both submarines that are traveling with the Chicago, what country's submarine contacts the Chicago and asks them if they are alone?
8. In Iceland, Edwards and his men near the hill Doghouse told them to reach but are unable to approach it. Why?
(a) Their command tells them to change their destination.
(b) The Russians have located their group.
(c) It is already occupied.
(d) A helicopter is circling the hill.
9. When the Russians discover the soldiers Edwards's group killed at the farmhouse, what do they decide to do?
(a) Report the deaths and await further orders.
(b) Bury the Russians and leave the area.
(c) Assume they died in an accident and determine to be more careful.
(d) Search for the band of Allied soldiers that must be nearby.
10. On the Pharris, Morris realizes that the loss of the Keflavik air base is more significant than he once anticipated. Why?
(a) It allows the Russians to attack both by air and by sea.
(b) It means that the Navy can not contact their ships at sea.
(c) It means the Navy can not use any air planes.
(d) It allows the Russians to bring in reinforcements.
11. After Morris arrives in Boston, to what city is he sent?
(a) Quantico, VA.
(b) Newport, RI.
(c) Tampa, FL.
(d) Norfolk, VA.
12. Before O'Malley sank the submarine, what role did he play as a helicopter pilot?
(a) He did only intelligence and surveillance.
(b) He only flew supplies for the military.
(c) He did only search and rescue.
(d) He flew medical helicopters.
13. What causes the Russians to begin searching for Edwards and his men after the American attack on the Keflavik air base?
(a) A Russian patrol found their footprints near their hiding place.
(b) Edwards and his men were spotted while trying to signal for help.
(c) They believe someone is feeding information to the Americans.
(d) They saw Edwards and his men when they left their original hiding place.
14. What important thing does Edwards tell Vigdis about his feelings toward her before they are rescued?
(a) He tells her that he loves her.
(b) He tells her that he views her as a sister.
(c) He tells her that she reminds him of his girlfriend.
(d) He tells her that he has to leave the country without her.
15. Morris is reassigned to a new ship. What is the name of that ship?
(a) The Ruben James.
(b) The Audie Murphy.
(c) The Santa Maria.
(d) The George Washington.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toland observes that the Allied forces are capable of beating the Russians, but they must be able to do what first?
2. In Chapters 35-39, McCafferty scores a hit by sinking which vessel?
3. Edwards and his group are supposed to reach a nearby mountain where they hope to be picked up. What are they supposed to do once they reach their destination?
4. While Edwards is communicating with command about an attack on the Keflavik airfield, two important areas of the base are destroyed. What are they?
5. Why does O'Malley, a member of Morris' crew, offer the credit for the submarine kill to the other ship?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)