|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Morris arrives in Boston, to what city is he sent?
(a) Newport, RI.
(b) Quantico, VA.
(c) Tampa, FL.
(d) Norfolk, VA.
2. After Russians sink both submarines that are traveling with the Chicago, what country's submarine contacts the Chicago and asks them if they are alone?
3. Edwards notes that Vigdis does not complain about having to move about in hostile territory. Why is this especially significant?
(a) Vigdis has a wounded shoulder.
(b) Vigdis is pregnant.
(c) Vigdis' leg is broken.
(d) Vigdis has never left her family before.
4. Doghouse tells Edwards and his men are told to "take a little hike." Where are they supposed to go?
(a) To meet up with another group of stranded Marines.
(b) A distant Marine outpost.
(c) The nearest American ship.
(d) A town called Hvammsfjordur.
5. After O'Malley sinks his first submarine, Morris asks him when he'll be ready to fly again. What does he say?
(a) He's ready to go back up now.
(b) He'll be ready in maybe a week.
(c) He'll never be ready to fly again.
(d) He'll be ready next month.
6. When Edward and Vigdis encounter an enemy helicopter, how do they avoid detection?
(a) They dive into the river..
(b) They pose as a young, romantic couple.
(c) They hide in the reeds on the riverbank.
(d) They pretend to be village fishermen.
7. How does Morris get the Pharris back to land after it is damaged?
(a) He plugs the holes in the ship.
(b) He fixes and restarts the engines.
(c) He engages the ship's secondary engines.
(d) He arranges for a tug to pull them back to shore.
8. What happened to Edwards's girlfriend?
(a) She was raped and murdered at her University.
(b) She was killed by a Russian missile.
(c) She left him for another man when he left to go to war.
(d) She committed suicide.
9. In chapters 27-34, the Americans attack the Russians at the air base using what new technology?
(a) Unmanned fighter drones.
(b) Radar-jamming technology.
(c) Planes that are undetected by radars.
(d) Heat-seeking missiles.
10. Why does O'Malley, a member of Morris' crew, offer the credit for the submarine kill to the other ship?
(a) The other ship will have to fill out the environmental impact statement.
(b) The other ship hit the submarine first.
(c) The other ship has never hit a submarine.
(d) O'Mally dislikes Morris and wants to make him look bad.
11. The Politburo divides reports into which three categories?
(a) Yellow, orange, and red.
(b) Low importance, medium importance, high importance.
(c) Best case, middle case, and worst case.
(d) Important, urgent, critical.
12. Terry Mackell has great success locating tanks with what kind of instrument?
13. What new job is Morris given once he is back in the States?
(a) He will work as a commander.
(b) He will advise the President on the war.
(c) He will work in intelligence.
(d) He will be sent to a new American base.
14. How does Morris communicate with the Russian prisoners from the sunken submarine?
(a) They use sign language.
(b) Morris speaks Russian.
(c) One of them speaks English.
(d) They use More Code.
15. When McCafferty fires upon the Russian convoy, he saves a submarine crew from which country?
(b) He didn't save a submarine crew.
(c) The Ukraine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at a local farmhouse when Edwards and his men prepare to ask for food?
2. Edwards and his men are supposed to hike about two hundred miles. How long is their journey supposed to last?
3. What happens to the Pharris in chapter 27?
4. Where are Alekeseyev and Sergetov when their helicopter is shot down?
5. What do Edwards and his men do with the bodies of the Russian soldiers that were killed in the farmhouse?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)