|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this section of the book, Sergetov questions a Russian soldier who has returned from the front. How is the soldier related to him?
(a) He is Sergetov's brother.
(b) He is Sergetov's son.
(c) He is Sergetov's nephew.
(d) He is Sergetov's cousin.
2. What is the name of Georgiyevich's driver?
3. Doghouse tells Edwards and his men are told to "take a little hike." Where are they supposed to go?
(a) A distant Marine outpost.
(b) To meet up with another group of stranded Marines.
(c) The nearest American ship.
(d) A town called Hvammsfjordur.
4. During his interview with Calloway, O'Malley says that the Allied troops' ability to survive depends on what?
(a) All parts of the military's defenses working together.
(b) The Allies' ability to unite with other countries.
(c) All troops working independantly, apart from each other.
(d) The Allied forces' ability to keep their plans secret.
5. What is the name of the girl Edwards and his men take with them when they leave the village?
6. Why does O'Malley, a member of Morris' crew, offer the credit for the submarine kill to the other ship?
(a) The other ship will have to fill out the environmental impact statement.
(b) O'Mally dislikes Morris and wants to make him look bad.
(c) The other ship hit the submarine first.
(d) The other ship has never hit a submarine.
7. In Chapters 35-39, McCafferty scores a hit by sinking which vessel?
(a) The Turtle.
(b) The Nautilus.
(c) The Triton.
(d) The Foxtrot.
8. The men that escape the sunken submarine are captured and taken on board the Pharris. How are they treated?
(a) They are executed.
(b) They are tortured for information.
(c) They are well cared for, but they are separated from the rest of the crew.
(d) They are locked in a store room and given minimal food and water.
9. On the Pharris, Morris realizes that the loss of the Keflavik air base is more significant than he once anticipated. Why?
(a) It means the Navy can not use any air planes.
(b) It allows the Russians to attack both by air and by sea.
(c) It means that the Navy can not contact their ships at sea.
(d) It allows the Russians to bring in reinforcements.
10. What does Morris do to gain information from the Russian prisoners about the whereabouts of other vessels?
(a) He witholds food and water until they tell him where other ships are located.
(b) He tries to convince the Russians to cooperate.
(c) He tortures them for information.
(d) He gives the Russians liquor and bugs their rooms.
11. While Edwards is communicating with command about an attack on the Keflavik airfield, two important areas of the base are destroyed. What are they?
(a) The electric plant and the tower.
(b) The airplane hangars and the barracks.
(c) The barracks and the terminal.
(d) The terminal and the supply housing.
12. Who is the Russian Central Committee member who explains to Sergetov how the Politburo organizes reports?
(a) Dmitry Medvedev.
(b) Georg Udovitsky.
(c) Henrik Georgiyevich.
(d) Boris Georgiyevich.
13. Where was Georgiyevich when the information that led to the war was discussed with the Politburo?
(a) He was home with an illness.
(b) He was visiting relatives in Serbia.
(c) He was on his lunch break.
(d) He was in America on business.
14. Edwards notes that Vigdis does not complain about having to move about in hostile territory. Why is this especially significant?
(a) Vigdis is pregnant.
(b) Vigdis has never left her family before.
(c) Vigdis' leg is broken.
(d) Vigdis has a wounded shoulder.
15. The Politburo divides reports into which three categories?
(a) Best case, middle case, and worst case.
(b) Yellow, orange, and red.
(c) Important, urgent, critical.
(d) Low importance, medium importance, high importance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Georgiyevich say his replacement told the Politburo when the war was discussed with the Politburo?
2. Morris is reassigned to a new ship. What is the name of that ship?
3. What new job is Morris given once he is back in the States?
4. What causes a Russian soldier to locate Edwards and his men on the mountain?
5. What kind of submarine does Morris and the other ship sink?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)