|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before O'Malley sank the submarine, what role did he play as a helicopter pilot?
(a) He did only search and rescue.
(b) He only flew supplies for the military.
(c) He flew medical helicopters.
(d) He did only intelligence and surveillance.
2. What new job is Morris given once he is back in the States?
(a) He will be sent to a new American base.
(b) He will work as a commander.
(c) He will work in intelligence.
(d) He will advise the President on the war.
3. What is the name of the girl Edwards and his men take with them when they leave the village?
4. After McCafferty arrives in Scotland, what does he discover about his skirmish with the Russian convoy?
(a) He interupted a Norwegian attack on the Russians.
(b) He frightened the Russians away.
(c) He damaged three Russian ships.
(d) He managed to sink a Russian vessel.
5. What British town houses the USS Nimitz while it is repaired and prepared for service?
6. In this section of the book, Sergetov questions a Russian soldier who has returned from the front. How is the soldier related to him?
(a) He is Sergetov's brother.
(b) He is Sergetov's nephew.
(c) He is Sergetov's son.
(d) He is Sergetov's cousin.
7. What happens to the Pharris in chapter 27?
(a) It hits an underwater mine.
(b) It runs aground on a sand bar.
(c) It's hit by a torpedo.
(d) It's bombed by a Russian fighter pilot.
8. Morris and his new crew work with another ship to sink an enemy submarine. What is the other ship's name?
(a) The Harpie.
(b) The Audie Murphy.
(c) The Battleaxe.
(d) The Man O' War.
9. How many men escape the submarine that the Pharris sinks?
10. Where was Georgiyevich when the information that led to the war was discussed with the Politburo?
(a) He was in America on business.
(b) He was visiting relatives in Serbia.
(c) He was on his lunch break.
(d) He was home with an illness.
11. How do Alekeseyev and Sergetov leave the scene the helicopter crash?
(a) They disguise themselves and hitch hike.
(b) They walk and then comandeer a truck.
(c) They hike to the nearest Russian camp.
(d) They force a local man to drive them to the nearest Russian company.
12. During his interview with Calloway, O'Malley says that the Allied troops' ability to survive depends on what?
(a) All troops working independantly, apart from each other.
(b) The Allies' ability to unite with other countries.
(c) The Allied forces' ability to keep their plans secret.
(d) All parts of the military's defenses working together.
13. The men that escape the sunken submarine are captured and taken on board the Pharris. How are they treated?
(a) They are well cared for, but they are separated from the rest of the crew.
(b) They are tortured for information.
(c) They are executed.
(d) They are locked in a store room and given minimal food and water.
14. Morris did not receive much warning that the journalist was to join his ship, but he determines that the journalist is professional. Why?
(a) The journalist only carries one bag.
(b) The journalist is very well-spoken.
(c) The journalist stays out of the way.
(d) The journalist has a good reputation.
15. While the Russian soldiers are looking for Edwards and his men, what happens to distract them?
(a) They recieve orders to relocate to a different part of the country.
(b) They find and shoot a deer.
(c) They are attacked by Allied planes.
(d) They are faced with an angry mob of locals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Edward's girlfriend's name?
2. What happens at a local farmhouse when Edwards and his men prepare to ask for food?
3. Edwards and his men are supposed to hike about two hundred miles. How long is their journey supposed to last?
4. Morris decides to treat the prisoners from the sunken submarine in a very unusual way. Why does Morris decide to treat the prisoners this way?
5. In Chapters 35-39, McCafferty scores a hit by sinking which vessel?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)