|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Morris sails from New York Harbor, he is joined by a reporter. What is the reporter's name?
(a) Gerald Marzorati.
(b) William Calloway.
(c) Patrick Flynn.
(d) Rick Kogan.
2. Edwards and his group are supposed to reach a nearby mountain where they hope to be picked up. What are they supposed to do once they reach their destination?
(a) Take cover and await further orders.
(b) Signal a helicopter to come pick them up.
(c) Make camp and prepare to march again the next day.
(d) Report everything that they see to their command.
3. Morris is reassigned to a new ship. What is the name of that ship?
(a) The Ruben James.
(b) The George Washington.
(c) The Audie Murphy.
(d) The Santa Maria.
4. Edwards notes that Vigdis does not complain about having to move about in hostile territory. Why is this especially significant?
(a) Vigdis has a wounded shoulder.
(b) Vigdis is pregnant.
(c) Vigdis' leg is broken.
(d) Vigdis has never left her family before.
5. What causes the Russians to begin searching for Edwards and his men after the American attack on the Keflavik air base?
(a) They believe someone is feeding information to the Americans.
(b) Edwards and his men were spotted while trying to signal for help.
(c) They saw Edwards and his men when they left their original hiding place.
(d) A Russian patrol found their footprints near their hiding place.
6. What does Morris do to gain information from the Russian prisoners about the whereabouts of other vessels?
(a) He tries to convince the Russians to cooperate.
(b) He gives the Russians liquor and bugs their rooms.
(c) He tortures them for information.
(d) He witholds food and water until they tell him where other ships are located.
7. What is unusual about McCafferty's kill in chapters 35-39?
(a) The vessel sinks, but most of the crew escapes.
(b) Three men flee on a recuse raft.
(c) The rescue buoy is deployed, even though all the sailors are already dead.
(d) The vessel is not severely damaged, but sinks anyway.
8. When Edward and Vigdis encounter an enemy helicopter, how do they avoid detection?
(a) They dive into the river..
(b) They pretend to be village fishermen.
(c) They pose as a young, romantic couple.
(d) They hide in the reeds on the riverbank.
9. What is the name of the defensive maneuver that the Allied forces execute in Chapter 35?
10. What is the name of Georgiyevich's driver?
11. How many men escape the submarine that the Pharris sinks?
12. After McCafferty arrives in Scotland, what does he discover about his skirmish with the Russian convoy?
(a) He managed to sink a Russian vessel.
(b) He damaged three Russian ships.
(c) He frightened the Russians away.
(d) He interupted a Norwegian attack on the Russians.
13. Where are Alekeseyev and Sergetov when their helicopter is shot down?
14. When American forces attack the Keflavik air base, how many American planes do the Russians take down in their counter-attack?
15. In chapters 27-34, the Americans attack the Russians at the air base using what new technology?
(a) Planes that are undetected by radars.
(b) Unmanned fighter drones.
(c) Radar-jamming technology.
(d) Heat-seeking missiles.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapters 35-39, McCafferty scores a hit by sinking which vessel?
2. What happens to the Pharris in chapter 27?
3. Before O'Malley sank the submarine, what role did he play as a helicopter pilot?
4. How does Morris get the Pharris back to land after it is damaged?
5. When the Russians locate a damaged American submarine, another Allied vessel distracts the Russians and leads them away. What is the name of that vessel?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)