|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the full name of the captain of the Battleaxe?
(a) Robert Paulson.
(b) Doug Perrin.
(c) Jacob Harrison.
(d) Nick D'Onofrio.
2. What honor does Morris receive once he is back on American soil?
(a) He receives recognition for his efforts on the Pharris.
(b) He is thanked by the military for his work as a spy.
(c) A family thanks him for fighting for his country.
(d) He is promoted within the military.
3. Morris decides to treat the prisoners from the sunken submarine in a very unusual way. Why does Morris decide to treat the prisoners this way?
(a) It's to avenge the deaths of the soldiers the Russians killed.
(b) It's the safest way to get the Russians off the Pharris.
(c) It's to prevent the Russians from spying on the Americans.
(d) It's the best way to gain information from them.
4. Before O'Malley sank the submarine, what role did he play as a helicopter pilot?
(a) He only flew supplies for the military.
(b) He did only search and rescue.
(c) He flew medical helicopters.
(d) He did only intelligence and surveillance.
5. When the Russians locate a damaged American submarine, another Allied vessel distracts the Russians and leads them away. What is the name of that vessel?
(a) The Chicago.
(b) The Reuban James.
(c) The Nimitz.
(d) The Pharris.
6. Before Morris sails from New York Harbor, he is joined by a reporter. What is the reporter's name?
(a) Gerald Marzorati.
(b) William Calloway.
(c) Rick Kogan.
(d) Patrick Flynn.
7. How does Morris get the Pharris back to land after it is damaged?
(a) He fixes and restarts the engines.
(b) He plugs the holes in the ship.
(c) He engages the ship's secondary engines.
(d) He arranges for a tug to pull them back to shore.
8. How do Alekeseyev and Sergetov leave the scene the helicopter crash?
(a) They force a local man to drive them to the nearest Russian company.
(b) They disguise themselves and hitch hike.
(c) They walk and then comandeer a truck.
(d) They hike to the nearest Russian camp.
9. In Chapters 35-39, McCafferty scores a hit by sinking which vessel?
(a) The Triton.
(b) The Nautilus.
(c) The Turtle.
(d) The Foxtrot.
10. On the Pharris, Morris realizes that the loss of the Keflavik air base is more significant than he once anticipated. Why?
(a) It means the Navy can not use any air planes.
(b) It allows the Russians to attack both by air and by sea.
(c) It means that the Navy can not contact their ships at sea.
(d) It allows the Russians to bring in reinforcements.
11. What happened to Edwards's girlfriend?
(a) She left him for another man when he left to go to war.
(b) She was raped and murdered at her University.
(c) She committed suicide.
(d) She was killed by a Russian missile.
12. Where are Alekeseyev and Sergetov when their helicopter is shot down?
13. The men that escape the sunken submarine are captured and taken on board the Pharris. How are they treated?
(a) They are executed.
(b) They are tortured for information.
(c) They are well cared for, but they are separated from the rest of the crew.
(d) They are locked in a store room and given minimal food and water.
14. What British town houses the USS Nimitz while it is repaired and prepared for service?
15. What was Edward's girlfriend's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Morris communicate with the Russian prisoners from the sunken submarine?
2. What do Alekeseyev and Sergetov conclude about the Russian offensive in Germany?
3. McCafferty fires three torpedoes at a Russian convoy, but is unable to confirm a hit. Why?
4. When American forces attack the Keflavik air base, how many American planes do the Russians take down in their counter-attack?
5. Where was Georgiyevich when the information that led to the war was discussed with the Politburo?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)