|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Edwards is communicating with command about an attack on the Keflavik airfield, two important areas of the base are destroyed. What are they?
(a) The electric plant and the tower.
(b) The airplane hangars and the barracks.
(c) The barracks and the terminal.
(d) The terminal and the supply housing.
2. How does Morris communicate with the Russian prisoners from the sunken submarine?
(a) Morris speaks Russian.
(b) They use sign language.
(c) One of them speaks English.
(d) They use More Code.
3. Where was Georgiyevich when the information that led to the war was discussed with the Politburo?
(a) He was in America on business.
(b) He was home with an illness.
(c) He was on his lunch break.
(d) He was visiting relatives in Serbia.
4. Edwards notes that Vigdis does not complain about having to move about in hostile territory. Why is this especially significant?
(a) Vigdis has a wounded shoulder.
(b) Vigdis has never left her family before.
(c) Vigdis' leg is broken.
(d) Vigdis is pregnant.
5. Why is O'Malley worried about Morris's ability to captain the Ruben James?
(a) O'Mally believes that Morris is too inexperienced to captain such a large ship.
(b) Morris is disliked by the other men on the ship.
(c) Morris says that he is tired of being in command and wishes to return to port.
(d) He lost men on the Pharris, and may find returning to command too stressful.
6. What do Edwards and his men do when they realize that they have been located by the Russians on the mountain?
(a) They take defensive positions and wait for the Russians to come close to them.
(b) They retreat to another hill.
(c) They radio an Allied helicopter to come shoot the Russians.
(d) They scatter and hide in the mountains.
7. Morris decides to treat the prisoners from the sunken submarine in a very unusual way. Why does Morris decide to treat the prisoners this way?
(a) It's the safest way to get the Russians off the Pharris.
(b) It's to avenge the deaths of the soldiers the Russians killed.
(c) It's to prevent the Russians from spying on the Americans.
(d) It's the best way to gain information from them.
8. After the Americans attack the Keflavik air base, Edwards announces that he and his men will have to relocate to a third location. Why?
(a) Edwards and his men are low on supplies.
(b) The Russians are too close to their hiding place.
(c) Their hiding place is under fire.
(d) His men are desperate to get out of enemy territory.
9. When Calloway interviews O'Malley about sinking the submarine, what does O'Malley point out about the American military?
(a) The Russians fired on the Americans first.
(b) The military never takes joy in sinking enemy vessels.
(c) That Calloway can not understand combat because he's a civilian.
(d) The military never uses the word "killing."
10. Terry Mackell has great success locating tanks with what kind of instrument?
11. What does Morris do to gain information from the Russian prisoners about the whereabouts of other vessels?
(a) He gives the Russians liquor and bugs their rooms.
(b) He tortures them for information.
(c) He tries to convince the Russians to cooperate.
(d) He witholds food and water until they tell him where other ships are located.
12. When McCafferty fires upon the Russian convoy, he saves a submarine crew from which country?
(a) He didn't save a submarine crew.
(d) The Ukraine.
13. Where are Alekeseyev and Sergetov when their helicopter is shot down?
14. On the Pharris, Morris realizes that the loss of the Keflavik air base is more significant than he once anticipated. Why?
(a) It means that the Navy can not contact their ships at sea.
(b) It allows the Russians to attack both by air and by sea.
(c) It allows the Russians to bring in reinforcements.
(d) It means the Navy can not use any air planes.
15. What honor does Morris receive once he is back on American soil?
(a) He receives recognition for his efforts on the Pharris.
(b) He is thanked by the military for his work as a spy.
(c) A family thanks him for fighting for his country.
(d) He is promoted within the military.
Short Answer Questions
1. An American soldier and Major Chapeyev are shot down in the same area, and Chapeyev attempts to take the American captive. What does the American ask the Chapeyev that dissuades him from doing so?
2. How many men escape the submarine that the Pharris sinks?
3. After O'Malley sinks his first live submarine, what does he say about his feelings?
4. Before O'Malley sank the submarine, what role did he play as a helicopter pilot?
5. What happens to the captain that Morris replaces on his new ship?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)