|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What honor does Morris receive once he is back on American soil?
(a) A family thanks him for fighting for his country.
(b) He is promoted within the military.
(c) He is thanked by the military for his work as a spy.
(d) He receives recognition for his efforts on the Pharris.
2. What is the name of the girl Edwards and his men take with them when they leave the village?
3. Morris is reassigned to a new ship. What is the name of that ship?
(a) The Audie Murphy.
(b) The Santa Maria.
(c) The Ruben James.
(d) The George Washington.
4. When the Russians locate a damaged American submarine, another Allied vessel distracts the Russians and leads them away. What is the name of that vessel?
(a) The Nimitz.
(b) The Chicago.
(c) The Reuban James.
(d) The Pharris.
5. How does Morris get the Pharris back to land after it is damaged?
(a) He engages the ship's secondary engines.
(b) He fixes and restarts the engines.
(c) He arranges for a tug to pull them back to shore.
(d) He plugs the holes in the ship.
6. How many men escape the submarine that the Pharris sinks?
7. McCafferty fires three torpedoes at a Russian convoy, but is unable to confirm a hit. Why?
(a) The Chicago is fired upon.
(b) He is commanded to retreat.
(c) His sonar is damaged.
(d) He is detected by the Russians.
8. What is the name of the defensive maneuver that the Allied forces execute in Chapter 35?
9. Why is O'Malley worried about Morris's ability to captain the Ruben James?
(a) Morris says that he is tired of being in command and wishes to return to port.
(b) Morris is disliked by the other men on the ship.
(c) O'Mally believes that Morris is too inexperienced to captain such a large ship.
(d) He lost men on the Pharris, and may find returning to command too stressful.
10. What do Edwards and his men do with the bodies of the Russian soldiers that were killed in the farmhouse?
(a) They put them in their own jeep, push it off a cliff, and set it on fire.
(b) They bury the bodies in the fields behind the farmhouse.
(c) They arrange the bodies to make it look like they were ambushed.
(d) They leave them in the farmhouse.
11. What is unusual about McCafferty's kill in chapters 35-39?
(a) The vessel is not severely damaged, but sinks anyway.
(b) Three men flee on a recuse raft.
(c) The vessel sinks, but most of the crew escapes.
(d) The rescue buoy is deployed, even though all the sailors are already dead.
12. What do Edwards and his men do when they realize that they have been located by the Russians on the mountain?
(a) They retreat to another hill.
(b) They take defensive positions and wait for the Russians to come close to them.
(c) They scatter and hide in the mountains.
(d) They radio an Allied helicopter to come shoot the Russians.
13. In Chapters 35-39, McCafferty scores a hit by sinking which vessel?
(a) The Nautilus.
(b) The Turtle.
(c) The Triton.
(d) The Foxtrot.
14. What is the full name of the captain of the Battleaxe?
(a) Jacob Harrison.
(b) Doug Perrin.
(c) Nick D'Onofrio.
(d) Robert Paulson.
15. Why does O'Malley, a member of Morris' crew, offer the credit for the submarine kill to the other ship?
(a) The other ship will have to fill out the environmental impact statement.
(b) O'Mally dislikes Morris and wants to make him look bad.
(c) The other ship has never hit a submarine.
(d) The other ship hit the submarine first.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Russians sink both submarines that are traveling with the Chicago, what country's submarine contacts the Chicago and asks them if they are alone?
2. What important thing does Edwards tell Vigdis about his feelings toward her before they are rescued?
3. The Politburo divides reports into which three categories?
4. In Iceland, Edwards and his men near the hill Doghouse told them to reach but are unable to approach it. Why?
5. Edwards and his men are supposed to hike about two hundred miles. How long is their journey supposed to last?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)