|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the defensive maneuver that the Allied forces execute in Chapter 35?
2. Morris did not receive much warning that the journalist was to join his ship, but he determines that the journalist is professional. Why?
(a) The journalist only carries one bag.
(b) The journalist stays out of the way.
(c) The journalist has a good reputation.
(d) The journalist is very well-spoken.
3. Before O'Malley sank the submarine, what role did he play as a helicopter pilot?
(a) He did only intelligence and surveillance.
(b) He did only search and rescue.
(c) He flew medical helicopters.
(d) He only flew supplies for the military.
4. What happens to the captain that Morris replaces on his new ship?
(a) He dies in an enemy attack.
(b) He collapses due to a bleeding ulcer.
(c) He suffers from epilepsy.
(d) He has a nervous breakdown.
5. Morris is reassigned to a new ship. What is the name of that ship?
(a) The Ruben James.
(b) The Santa Maria.
(c) The George Washington.
(d) The Audie Murphy.
6. What was Edward's girlfriend's name?
7. What causes the Russians to begin searching for Edwards and his men after the American attack on the Keflavik air base?
(a) A Russian patrol found their footprints near their hiding place.
(b) They believe someone is feeding information to the Americans.
(c) They saw Edwards and his men when they left their original hiding place.
(d) Edwards and his men were spotted while trying to signal for help.
8. In this section of the book, Sergetov questions a Russian soldier who has returned from the front. How is the soldier related to him?
(a) He is Sergetov's cousin.
(b) He is Sergetov's brother.
(c) He is Sergetov's nephew.
(d) He is Sergetov's son.
9. How does Morris communicate with the Russian prisoners from the sunken submarine?
(a) One of them speaks English.
(b) Morris speaks Russian.
(c) They use More Code.
(d) They use sign language.
10. Where was Georgiyevich when the information that led to the war was discussed with the Politburo?
(a) He was home with an illness.
(b) He was visiting relatives in Serbia.
(c) He was in America on business.
(d) He was on his lunch break.
11. What is unusual about McCafferty's kill in chapters 35-39?
(a) The rescue buoy is deployed, even though all the sailors are already dead.
(b) Three men flee on a recuse raft.
(c) The vessel sinks, but most of the crew escapes.
(d) The vessel is not severely damaged, but sinks anyway.
12. Before Morris sails from New York Harbor, he is joined by a reporter. What is the reporter's name?
(a) Gerald Marzorati.
(b) Rick Kogan.
(c) William Calloway.
(d) Patrick Flynn.
13. Edwards notes that Vigdis does not complain about having to move about in hostile territory. Why is this especially significant?
(a) Vigdis is pregnant.
(b) Vigdis has never left her family before.
(c) Vigdis has a wounded shoulder.
(d) Vigdis' leg is broken.
14. What causes a Russian soldier to locate Edwards and his men on the mountain?
(a) The Russian soldier finds them on the air base's radar.
(b) The Russian soldier sees them as he flies a helicopter near the mountain.
(c) The Russian soldier sees a repeated flash of light.
(d) The Russian soldier comes across them on a routine patrol.
15. When American forces attack the Keflavik air base, how many American planes do the Russians take down in their counter-attack?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the farmhouse after Edwards and his men dispose of the Russian bodies?
2. An American soldier and Major Chapeyev are shot down in the same area, and Chapeyev attempts to take the American captive. What does the American ask the Chapeyev that dissuades him from doing so?
3. What do Edwards and his men do when they realize that they have been located by the Russians on the mountain?
4. Why is O'Malley worried about Morris's ability to captain the Ruben James?
5. Edwards and his men are supposed to hike about two hundred miles. How long is their journey supposed to last?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)