|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens at a local farmhouse when Edwards and his men prepare to ask for food?
(a) One of the men is shot in a Russian ambush.
(b) Russians break in and brutalize the family.
(c) They are forced to hide when a group of Russians questions locals about their whereabouts.
(d) They are recognized and questioned by local police.
2. What happens to the captain that Morris replaces on his new ship?
(a) He has a nervous breakdown.
(b) He collapses due to a bleeding ulcer.
(c) He suffers from epilepsy.
(d) He dies in an enemy attack.
3. How many men escape the submarine that the Pharris sinks?
4. What happens to the farmhouse after Edwards and his men dispose of the Russian bodies?
(a) Edwards and his men burn it.
(b) The Russians occupy the house.
(c) The fate of the house itself is not mentioned.
(d) It is abandoned.
5. Who is the Russian Central Committee member who explains to Sergetov how the Politburo organizes reports?
(a) Dmitry Medvedev.
(b) Henrik Georgiyevich.
(c) Boris Georgiyevich.
(d) Georg Udovitsky.
6. Before Morris sails from New York Harbor, he is joined by a reporter. What is the reporter's name?
(a) Rick Kogan.
(b) William Calloway.
(c) Gerald Marzorati.
(d) Patrick Flynn.
7. In this section of the book, Sergetov questions a Russian soldier who has returned from the front. How is the soldier related to him?
(a) He is Sergetov's son.
(b) He is Sergetov's nephew.
(c) He is Sergetov's cousin.
(d) He is Sergetov's brother.
8. After O'Malley sinks his first submarine, Morris asks him when he'll be ready to fly again. What does he say?
(a) He'll never be ready to fly again.
(b) He'll be ready next month.
(c) He's ready to go back up now.
(d) He'll be ready in maybe a week.
9. An American soldier and Major Chapeyev are shot down in the same area, and Chapeyev attempts to take the American captive. What does the American ask the Chapeyev that dissuades him from doing so?
(a) He asks the Russian to share his water with him.
(b) He asks the Russian if he has enough shark repellent.
(c) He asks the Russian if captives really matter at sea.
(d) He asks the Russian if he can really bear to kill him in cold blood.
10. Edwards and his group are supposed to reach a nearby mountain where they hope to be picked up. What are they supposed to do once they reach their destination?
(a) Make camp and prepare to march again the next day.
(b) Report everything that they see to their command.
(c) Take cover and await further orders.
(d) Signal a helicopter to come pick them up.
11. What do Alekeseyev and Sergetov conclude about the Russian offensive in Germany?
(a) The Germans are close to surrendering.
(b) The Russian offensive is going according to plan.
(c) The Russians are capable of winning but need more weapons.
(d) The offensive is not going well.
12. What is the name of Georgiyevich's driver?
13. Toland observes that the Allied forces are capable of beating the Russians, but they must be able to do what first?
(a) Intimidate them.
(b) Locate them.
(c) Cooperate with other countries.
(d) Buy more missiles.
14. Morris is reassigned to a new ship. What is the name of that ship?
(a) The George Washington.
(b) The Ruben James.
(c) The Santa Maria.
(d) The Audie Murphy.
15. What is unusual about McCafferty's kill in chapters 35-39?
(a) The vessel is not severely damaged, but sinks anyway.
(b) The vessel sinks, but most of the crew escapes.
(c) The rescue buoy is deployed, even though all the sailors are already dead.
(d) Three men flee on a recuse raft.
Short Answer Questions
1. What British town houses the USS Nimitz while it is repaired and prepared for service?
2. What new job is Morris given once he is back in the States?
3. What is the full name of the captain of the Battleaxe?
4. While the Russian soldiers are looking for Edwards and his men, what happens to distract them?
5. While Edwards is communicating with command about an attack on the Keflavik airfield, two important areas of the base are destroyed. What are they?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)