|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
(a) He is dismissed from service and told to keep quiet about what he knows.
(b) He is asked to return to active duty.
(c) He is told to go on leave and return to the ship in a few weeks.
(d) His two-week reserve status is extended indefinitely.
2. Where is the air base in Iceland?
3. Why is it unsafe for Edwards to stay at his surveillance location?
(a) His location is too close to the Russians.
(b) The Russians locate their hiding spot during a security sweep.
(c) One of his men betrayed their position to the Russians.
(d) His location is never really dark because the sun never truly sets.
4. A Russian soldier named Chernyavin is in Germany. He is disguised as what kind of person?
(a) An Austrian investor.
(b) A Jewish businessman.
(c) A Russian diplomat.
(d) A German entrepreneur.
5. What was the message of the movie that was televised the night before the attack on the Kremlin?
(a) That Russia's military is ready to fight any country if the need arises.
(b) That Russians must be ready to defend against a German attack.
(c) That Russians must be careful not to involve themselves in foreign affairs.
(d) That Russians must disarm immediately to prevent nuclear war.
6. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
(a) Military helicopters.
(b) Hundreds of firefighters and volunteers.
(c) Sophisticated fire extinguishers.
(d) A freak snowstorm.
7. After Edwards loses his confidence in himself, he defers all decisions to what man?
(a) Marine Sergeant Smith.
(b) Marine Corporal Davis.
(c) Navy Captain Booth.
(d) Commander Evans.
8. What boat is Toland on when the Russians attack?
(a) The Lincolon.
(b) The Chicago.
(c) The Nimitz.
(d) The Pharris.
9. What does Edwards warn command about the relocation to a safer place?
(a) His men are low on ammunition.
(b) It will take hours to make a short journey.
(c) The new location will be even less safe.
(d) His men are too exhausted to move.
10. During Edwards's move away from his location, something happens that makes him ashamed of himself. What is it?
(a) He loses his temper and slaps one of his men.
(b) One of his men is killed by a Russian patrol.
(c) He executes a Russian patrol that discovers his men.
(d) He freezes while crossing a road and is nearly discovered.
11. When Toland is recalled to duty and is preparing to leave his home, he hears a news report about something that occurs at the Kremlin. What was it?
(a) An important government official is kidnapped.
(b) Another oil refinery is attacked.
(c) There was an explosion at the Kremlin.
(d) There was a riot over the lack of oil.
12. What is the code name for the command to which Edwards reports?
(c) Boarding House.
13. What does the Politburo decide after Sergetov's report?
(a) That they need weapons, and should negotiate with Europe to get them.
(b) That they need oil, and that they must take it by force.
(c) That secretly manufacturing weapons will solve their problems.
(d) That they need oil, and that they must purchase as much as possible.
14. What is the name of the man who leads a mission that targets thirty-six bridges and Soviet troop support?
(a) Colonel Richard Sorge.
(b) Commander Wilhelm Keitel.
(c) Colonel Douglas Ellington.
(d) Seargent Mikhail Barbarossa.
15. As he listens to the eulogy for the Russian victims, what does Toland notice about the speech?
(a) That Russia intends to ask other countries for oil.
(b) That Russia intends to continue their arms reduction.
(c) That Russia intends to go to war.
(d) That Russia is in desperate need of financial help from other countries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sergetov admits that he almost wishes that he had been present at the time of the attack. Why?
2. What happens that leads to Chernyavin's discovery and arrest?
3. An AP Moscow Correspondent publishes a new story about the Nizhnevartovskv oil refinery fire. What does it say caused the explosion?
4. What kind of vessel does the USS Pharris sink?
5. The night before the attack, a movie was televised throughout Russia. What was the movie about?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)