|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What code name is given to Edwards?
2. The eulogy given at the Russian victims' funeral calls for what action?
(a) Retaliation against the alleged terrorist's country.
(b) Political demonstrations to protest Russian oil shortages.
(c) Forgiveness and reconciliation with Russia's enemies.
(d) Increased diplomacy to solve Russia's problems.
3. What does Edwards warn command about the relocation to a safer place?
(a) His men are too exhausted to move.
(b) It will take hours to make a short journey.
(c) His men are low on ammunition.
(d) The new location will be even less safe.
4. What happens that leads to Chernyavin's discovery and arrest?
(a) He is arrested for having a fake passport.
(b) He is robbed and the package taken from him.
(c) He is betrayed and is killed by German police.
(d) He is hit by a car.
5. What does the Politburo decide after Sergetov's report?
(a) That secretly manufacturing weapons will solve their problems.
(b) That they need weapons, and should negotiate with Europe to get them.
(c) That they need oil, and that they must purchase as much as possible.
(d) That they need oil, and that they must take it by force.
6. During Edwards's move away from his location, something happens that makes him ashamed of himself. What is it?
(a) He loses his temper and slaps one of his men.
(b) One of his men is killed by a Russian patrol.
(c) He freezes while crossing a road and is nearly discovered.
(d) He executes a Russian patrol that discovers his men.
7. How many people were killed in the attack in Russia?
8. What two areas do the Russians plan to attack during Red Storm?
(a) Cambodia and South Korea.
(b) England and Ireland.
(c) West Germany and the Low Countries.
(d) Afghanistan and Jordan.
9. Flynn and Calloway cover a speech by the Russian Foreign Minister. What does the Minister speak about?
(a) Russia's strong military and financial wealth.
(b) A proposal for arms reduction.
(c) A proposal to build more oil refineries.
(d) A plea for other countries to send Russia money and oil.
10. The night before the attack, a movie was televised throughout Russia. What was the movie about?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Russian military.
(c) Nuclear War.
(d) A German attack on Russia.
11. Of the people who died in the attack on Russia, how many were children?
12. How many Muslims attack the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk?
13. Where does First Lieutenant Mike Edwards stay to monitor the situation at the air base?
(a) Hill 152.
(b) A nearby barn.
(c) A local man's house.
(d) An abandoned building on the base.
14. Why does Chernyavin praise the man who blew up the van?
(a) He convinced the others to trust Chernyavin.
(b) The explosion destroyed their paperwork so the enemy can't get it.
(c) He is very eager to begin fighting the Germans.
(d) He showed bravery by being the last man out of the vehicle.
15. Sergetov admits that he almost wishes that he had been present at the time of the attack. Why?
(a) He thinks he could have saved some of the children.
(b) He feels that he could have stopped the attack.
(c) He wishes he could have been a hero because of his death.
(d) He thinks death may be preferable to playing along with the government's plot.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Russian ship is repainted to look like a merchant ship, but they are not in normal shipping lanes. What does the crew do when the U.S. Navy questions them about this?
2. What is the name of the man who leads a mission that targets thirty-six bridges and Soviet troop support?
3. Russia does something to indicate that they are reducing their nuclear arms. What do they do?
4. When Toland is recalled to duty and is preparing to leave his home, he hears a news report about something that occurs at the Kremlin. What was it?
5. The Russian KGB takes what political body hostage?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)