|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Russians who control the air base are attacked by American planes. What do the American planes fail to destroy?
(a) The flight command tower.
(b) The base's air terminal.
(c) The air field.
(d) Several runways.
2. Russia says that the explosion was caused by terrorists from which country?
3. What boat is Toland on when the Russians attack?
(a) The Pharris.
(b) The Chicago.
(c) The Lincolon.
(d) The Nimitz.
4. What is the name of the man who escapes the Keflavik air base and uses a radio to spread news of the attack?
(a) Commander Daniel Edwards.
(b) Ed Morris.
(c) First Lieutenant Mike Edwards.
(d) Patrick Flynn.
5. What happens to the military personnel in the Keflavik air base?
(a) They are forced to act as the Russians' servants.
(b) They are forced to fight for the Russians.
(c) They are either killed or taken hostage.
(d) They are set free and told to warn the military that Russia is taking over.
6. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
(a) A freak snowstorm.
(b) Military helicopters.
(c) Sophisticated fire extinguishers.
(d) Hundreds of firefighters and volunteers.
7. Flynn and Calloway cover a speech by the Russian Foreign Minister. What does the Minister speak about?
(a) Russia's strong military and financial wealth.
(b) A proposal to build more oil refineries.
(c) A plea for other countries to send Russia money and oil.
(d) A proposal for arms reduction.
8. Of the people who died in the attack on Russia, how many were children?
9. What is the code name of Russia's military offensive?
(b) Black Night.
(c) Desert Storm.
(d) Red Storm.
10. Where does First Lieutenant Mike Edwards stay to monitor the situation at the air base?
(a) Hill 152.
(b) A local man's house.
(c) A nearby barn.
(d) An abandoned building on the base.
11. Where is the air base in Iceland?
12. What happens to Chernyavin after he is caught?
(a) He is drugged and reveals details about his mission.
(b) He is sent back to Russia.
(c) He is imprisoned until he confesses.
(d) He is executed for treason.
13. Once the men have rejoined Chernyavin, they blow up the van they were in. How?
(a) With dynamite.
(b) With plastic explosives.
(c) With a rocket-launcher.
(d) With a hand-grenade.
14. During Edwards's move away from his location, something happens that makes him ashamed of himself. What is it?
(a) He freezes while crossing a road and is nearly discovered.
(b) One of his men is killed by a Russian patrol.
(c) He executes a Russian patrol that discovers his men.
(d) He loses his temper and slaps one of his men.
15. How many Muslims attack the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chernyavin praise the man who blew up the van?
2. Russia does something to indicate that they are reducing their nuclear arms. What do they do?
3. The night before the attack, a movie was televised throughout Russia. What was the movie about?
4. What is the full name of the author of the article about the importance of the Russian oil fields?
5. The Russian ship is repainted to look like a merchant ship, but they are not in normal shipping lanes. What does the crew do when the U.S. Navy questions them about this?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)