|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the men have rejoined Chernyavin, they blow up the van they were in. How?
(a) With dynamite.
(b) With a hand-grenade.
(c) With a rocket-launcher.
(d) With plastic explosives.
2. How many people were killed in the attack in Russia?
3. What code name is given to Edwards?
4. As he listens to the eulogy for the Russian victims, what does Toland notice about the speech?
(a) That Russia intends to ask other countries for oil.
(b) That Russia intends to continue their arms reduction.
(c) That Russia intends to go to war.
(d) That Russia is in desperate need of financial help from other countries.
5. What two areas do the Russians plan to attack during Red Storm?
(a) Afghanistan and Jordan.
(b) England and Ireland.
(c) West Germany and the Low Countries.
(d) Cambodia and South Korea.
6. What does the Politburo decide after Sergetov's report?
(a) That secretly manufacturing weapons will solve their problems.
(b) That they need oil, and that they must take it by force.
(c) That they need oil, and that they must purchase as much as possible.
(d) That they need weapons, and should negotiate with Europe to get them.
7. What happens that leads to Chernyavin's discovery and arrest?
(a) He is arrested for having a fake passport.
(b) He is hit by a car.
(c) He is betrayed and is killed by German police.
(d) He is robbed and the package taken from him.
8. The Russian KGB takes what political body hostage?
(a) The Icelandic Parliament.
(b) The Icelandic Supreme Court.
(c) The heads of Iceland's military.
(d) NATO officials living in Iceland.
9. At the funeral, Sergetov is enraged by the loss of life that resulted from the explosion. He is also angry because of what reason?
(a) He feels responsible for the death of the children.
(b) One of the parents of the deceased made a scene.
(c) Half of the people who knew about the attack were at the funeral.
(d) The Politburo used the funeral as an excuse to discuss politics publicly.
10. What does Edwards warn command about the relocation to a safer place?
(a) His men are too exhausted to move.
(b) His men are low on ammunition.
(c) The new location will be even less safe.
(d) It will take hours to make a short journey.
11. What element of the Russian offensive does Pavel Alekeseyev say is crucial to its success?
(c) Shock and awe.
(d) Extensive military action.
12. What is the name of the man who escapes the Keflavik air base and uses a radio to spread news of the attack?
(a) Commander Daniel Edwards.
(b) Patrick Flynn.
(c) First Lieutenant Mike Edwards.
(d) Ed Morris.
13. How many Muslims attack the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk?
14. Command asks Edwards a series of questions to confirm his identity. One question makes him so angry he refuses to answer. What was it?
(a) Why his wife divorced him.
(b) Where his mother is buried.
(c) Why his father left his family.
(d) What happened to his girlfriend.
15. Flynn and Calloway cover a speech by the Russian Foreign Minister. What does the Minister speak about?
(a) Russia's strong military and financial wealth.
(b) A proposal to build more oil refineries.
(c) A proposal for arms reduction.
(d) A plea for other countries to send Russia money and oil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is notable about the "terrorist's" statement that angers Toland's superiors?
2. The Commander of the USS Pharris receives orders about how to deal with ships he encounters. What are those orders?
3. Toland believes that the incident in Russia was faked. What reason would Russia have to fake something of this magnitude?
4. What is Toland's first order of business once he reaches safety?
5. What clue does Toland discover that indicates Russia's instability?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)