|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Politburo decide after Sergetov's report?
(a) That secretly manufacturing weapons will solve their problems.
(b) That they need oil, and that they must purchase as much as possible.
(c) That they need weapons, and should negotiate with Europe to get them.
(d) That they need oil, and that they must take it by force.
2. After Edwards loses his confidence in himself, he defers all decisions to what man?
(a) Commander Evans.
(b) Navy Captain Booth.
(c) Marine Corporal Davis.
(d) Marine Sergeant Smith.
3. During the attack on the Nizhnevartovsk oil refinery, Tolkaze stops for a moment to read something. What was it?
(a) A prayer for the people he killed.
(b) Instructions on how to loosen the refinery's valves.
(c) A map of the refinery.
(d) Part of his father's Koran.
4. What is Toland's response to the news of the generals' executions, and how do his superiors react?
(a) Toland thinks it's important; his superiors don't.
(b) Toland thinks it's trivial; his superiors think it's important.
(c) Toland thinks it's trivial; his superiors agree.
(d) Toland thinks it's important; his superiors have him investigate furthur.
5. The night before the attack, a movie was televised throughout Russia. What was the movie about?
(a) World War I.
(b) A German attack on Russia.
(c) The Russian military.
(d) Nuclear War.
6. Russia does something to indicate that they are reducing their nuclear arms. What do they do?
(a) They dismantle nuclear warheads.
(b) They fill torpedo tubes with concrete.
(c) They take apart Russian rocket-launchers.
(d) They shut down nuclear reactors.
7. Before the attack on the Keflavik air base, a Russian ship is secretly carrying Russian infantrymen. What is the name of that ship?
(a) The Julius Fucik.
(b) The Plavnik.
(c) The Delfin.
(d) The USS Pharris.
8. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
(a) Hundreds of firefighters and volunteers.
(b) Military helicopters.
(c) A freak snowstorm.
(d) Sophisticated fire extinguishers.
9. Highly-trained Russian forces begin fighting on the ground in Germany. What is the special title of those forces?
(a) Spetznaz forces.
(b) Spezielle Operationen forces.
(c) Vympel forces.
(d) Spezialkräfte forces.
10. The Russian ship is repainted to look like a merchant ship, but they are not in normal shipping lanes. What does the crew do when the U.S. Navy questions them about this?
(a) They say that they fear the heightened government tensions, and say that they are fleeing the country.
(b) They say they fear escalating hostilities, and ask the Navy to help them in the event of an attack.
(c) They insist that they were off-course, and thank the Navy for bringing it to their attention.
(d) They pretend they do not speak English and go on their way.
11. What kind of vessel does the USS Pharris sink?
(a) A submarine.
(b) A warship.
(c) A merchant ship.
(d) A Russian oil tanker.
12. As Chernyavin's men are traveling, they find themselves face-to-face with a tank. They then hear Chernyavin's voice telling them to surrender themselves. Why does this surprise them?
(a) They think that Chernyavin is still in prison.
(b) They think that Chernyavin is working for the Germans.
(c) They are now under new leadership.
(d) They believe that Chernyavin is dead.
13. Why is it unsafe for Edwards to stay at his surveillance location?
(a) The Russians locate their hiding spot during a security sweep.
(b) His location is too close to the Russians.
(c) His location is never really dark because the sun never truly sets.
(d) One of his men betrayed their position to the Russians.
14. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
(a) Norfolk, Virginia.
(b) Quantico, Virginia.
(c) Washington, D.C..
(d) Tampa, Florida.
15. What is the name of the alleged terrorist who admits to the attack on Russia?
(a) Gerhardt Falken.
(b) Horst Mahler.
(c) Axel Springer.
(d) Franz Meinhof.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toland is a reservist and serves his time with the commander of a ship. What is the commander's name?
2. What is the code name for the command to which Edwards reports?
3. What was the message of the movie that was televised the night before the attack on the Kremlin?
4. How many people were killed in the attack in Russia?
5. The U.S. fires on the Julius Fucik, but are unable to sink the boat. What does the captain of the ship do?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)