|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Chernyavin praise the man who blew up the van?
(a) He is very eager to begin fighting the Germans.
(b) The explosion destroyed their paperwork so the enemy can't get it.
(c) He convinced the others to trust Chernyavin.
(d) He showed bravery by being the last man out of the vehicle.
2. As he listens to the eulogy for the Russian victims, what does Toland notice about the speech?
(a) That Russia is in desperate need of financial help from other countries.
(b) That Russia intends to go to war.
(c) That Russia intends to ask other countries for oil.
(d) That Russia intends to continue their arms reduction.
3. What is the code name for the command to which Edwards reports?
(b) Boarding House.
4. How does Flynn react to the Russian's show of reducing their arms?
(a) He's skeptical about their honesty concerning their disarmament.
(b) He's indifferent about the arms reduction.
(c) He's tense about the reduction of arms in the Russian military.
(d) He's excited to see that the Russians are taking steps toward peace.
5. What is the full name of the author of the article about the importance of the Russian oil fields?
(a) Michael Evans.
(b) Patrick Flynn.
(c) William Calloway.
(d) Williams Blake.
6. Where is the air base in Iceland?
7. Why is the Russian Foreign Minister's speech so significant?
(a) He's trying to draw attention away from Russia's weakened state.
(b) He's trying to divert attention from Russia's upcoming offensive.
(c) He's trying to intimidate other countries with boasts about Russia's well-being.
(d) He's trying to gain favor with other countries by asking for their help.
8. While the American military waits to confirm a plan to down Soviet satellites, something happens that sets back the operation. What happens?
(a) The American government decides to scrap the operation.
(b) The Soviets launch missiles at American warships.
(c) The American satellites go down.
(d) The Soviets attack American forces.
9. What happens to the military personnel in the Keflavik air base?
(a) They are set free and told to warn the military that Russia is taking over.
(b) They are either killed or taken hostage.
(c) They are forced to fight for the Russians.
(d) They are forced to act as the Russians' servants.
10. Highly-trained Russian forces begin fighting on the ground in Germany. What is the special title of those forces?
(a) Vympel forces.
(b) Spezielle Operationen forces.
(c) Spezialkräfte forces.
(d) Spetznaz forces.
11. During the attack on the Nizhnevartovsk oil refinery, Tolkaze stops for a moment to read something. What was it?
(a) A prayer for the people he killed.
(b) A map of the refinery.
(c) Instructions on how to loosen the refinery's valves.
(d) Part of his father's Koran.
12. What code name is given to Edwards?
13. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
(a) He is asked to return to active duty.
(b) His two-week reserve status is extended indefinitely.
(c) He is told to go on leave and return to the ship in a few weeks.
(d) He is dismissed from service and told to keep quiet about what he knows.
14. Alekeseyev is promised that the Russian Navy can achieve a certain goal. What is it?
(a) They can "close" the Atlantic.
(b) They can defeat the Americans.
(c) They can return home soon.
(d) They can destroy NATO.
15. What political body does the Politburo suggest should be eliminated?
(b) The United Nations.
(c) The European Union.
(d) The Russian Council.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
2. Once the men have rejoined Chernyavin, they blow up the van they were in. How?
3. What element of the Russian offensive does Pavel Alekeseyev say is crucial to its success?
4. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
5. Command asks Edwards a series of questions to confirm his identity. One question makes him so angry he refuses to answer. What was it?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)