|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Commander of the USS Pharris receives orders about how to deal with ships he encounters. What are those orders?
(a) He is to call for reinforcements any time he encounters enemy ships.
(b) He is to follow any enemy ships he finds, but is not to attack them.
(c) He is to engage any East Bloc warship or merchant ship.
(d) He is to evade any Soviet ships he encounters.
2. During the attack on the Nizhnevartovsk oil refinery, Tolkaze stops for a moment to read something. What was it?
(a) A prayer for the people he killed.
(b) A map of the refinery.
(c) Part of his father's Koran.
(d) Instructions on how to loosen the refinery's valves.
3. What is the code name of Russia's military offensive?
(b) Red Storm.
(c) Black Night.
(d) Desert Storm.
4. What happens to the military personnel in the Keflavik air base?
(a) They are forced to fight for the Russians.
(b) They are either killed or taken hostage.
(c) They are forced to act as the Russians' servants.
(d) They are set free and told to warn the military that Russia is taking over.
5. Highly-trained Russian forces begin fighting on the ground in Germany. What is the special title of those forces?
(a) Spezialkräfte forces.
(b) Vympel forces.
(c) Spetznaz forces.
(d) Spezielle Operationen forces.
6. Where is the air base in Iceland?
7. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
(a) Washington, D.C..
(b) Quantico, Virginia.
(c) Norfolk, Virginia.
(d) Tampa, Florida.
8. During Edwards's move away from his location, something happens that makes him ashamed of himself. What is it?
(a) He freezes while crossing a road and is nearly discovered.
(b) He executes a Russian patrol that discovers his men.
(c) He loses his temper and slaps one of his men.
(d) One of his men is killed by a Russian patrol.
9. Chernyavin picks up a package at a post office. What does it contain?
(a) Plans for the NATO headquarters.
(b) A map of the office of the Bundestag, or German parliament.
(c) Plans for the Reichstag building.
(d) The blueprint for the German Chancellor's house.
10. At the funeral, Sergetov is enraged by the loss of life that resulted from the explosion. He is also angry because of what reason?
(a) One of the parents of the deceased made a scene.
(b) He feels responsible for the death of the children.
(c) The Politburo used the funeral as an excuse to discuss politics publicly.
(d) Half of the people who knew about the attack were at the funeral.
11. Why is the Russian Foreign Minister's speech so significant?
(a) He's trying to divert attention from Russia's upcoming offensive.
(b) He's trying to intimidate other countries with boasts about Russia's well-being.
(c) He's trying to draw attention away from Russia's weakened state.
(d) He's trying to gain favor with other countries by asking for their help.
12. Toland believes that the incident in Russia was faked. What reason would Russia have to fake something of this magnitude?
(a) An explosion would frighten Russians and make them want to go to war.
(b) Faking an attack would allow Russia to declare war on another country.
(c) Faking a terrorist attack would justify heightened military activity.
(d) Faking a terrorist attack would make other countries feel bad for Russia and offer them oil.
13. What is the full name of the author of the article about the importance of the Russian oil fields?
(a) William Calloway.
(b) Michael Evans.
(c) Patrick Flynn.
(d) Williams Blake.
14. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
(a) He is dismissed from service and told to keep quiet about what he knows.
(b) He is asked to return to active duty.
(c) He is told to go on leave and return to the ship in a few weeks.
(d) His two-week reserve status is extended indefinitely.
15. What boat is Toland on when the Russians attack?
(a) The Lincolon.
(b) The Chicago.
(c) The Pharris.
(d) The Nimitz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
2. What element of the Russian offensive does Pavel Alekeseyev say is crucial to its success?
3. What is the supposed occupation of the "terrorist"?
4. What does the Politburo decide after Sergetov's report?
5. A Russian soldier named Chernyavin is in Germany. He is disguised as what kind of person?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)