Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Russia says that the explosion was caused by terrorists from which country?
2. What element of the Russian offensive does Pavel Alekeseyev say is crucial to its success?
(a) Shock and awe.
(b) Extensive military action.
3. Sergetov admits that he almost wishes that he had been present at the time of the attack. Why?
(a) He wishes he could have been a hero because of his death.
(b) He thinks death may be preferable to playing along with the government's plot.
(c) He thinks he could have saved some of the children.
(d) He feels that he could have stopped the attack.
4. The Commander of the USS Pharris receives orders about how to deal with ships he encounters. What are those orders?
(a) He is to call for reinforcements any time he encounters enemy ships.
(b) He is to evade any Soviet ships he encounters.
(c) He is to follow any enemy ships he finds, but is not to attack them.
(d) He is to engage any East Bloc warship or merchant ship.
5. The U.S. fires on the Julius Fucik, but are unable to sink the boat. What does the captain of the ship do?
(a) He returns fire until his enemies give up.
(b) He forcefully drives the ship into port.
(c) He blows up the boat to avoid capture.
(d) He flees back to Russia.
6. What is the Russian Politburo?
(a) Ten men who are responsible for Russia's energy production.
(b) Twenty-five men who are in charge of Russia's military.
(c) Sixteen men who comprise Russia's Supreme Court.
(d) Thirteen men who make decisions for Russia.
7. Why is it unsafe for Edwards to stay at his surveillance location?
(a) His location is too close to the Russians.
(b) His location is never really dark because the sun never truly sets.
(c) One of his men betrayed their position to the Russians.
(d) The Russians locate their hiding spot during a security sweep.
8. How many people were killed in the attack in Russia?
9. The night before the attack, a movie was televised throughout Russia. What was the movie about?
(a) Nuclear War.
(b) World War I.
(c) A German attack on Russia.
(d) The Russian military.
10. What is the name of the man who leads a mission that targets thirty-six bridges and Soviet troop support?
(a) Colonel Douglas Ellington.
(b) Seargent Mikhail Barbarossa.
(c) Commander Wilhelm Keitel.
(d) Colonel Richard Sorge.
11. What is Toland's first order of business once he reaches safety?
(a) To return immediately to America.
(b) To report to his commanding officers.
(c) To notify his family that he is safe.
(d) To give an account of the attack to military officials.
12. Of the people who died in the attack on Russia, how many were children?
13. Who discovers the refinery fire?
(a) The American military base in Norfolk, Virginia.
(b) The Satellite Control Facility in Sunnyvale, California.
(c) An unnamed citizen in Franklin, North Carolina.
(d) The Satellite Watchdog Group in Atlanta, Georgia.
14. Before the attack on the Keflavik air base, a Russian ship is secretly carrying Russian infantrymen. What is the name of that ship?
(a) The Delfin.
(b) The Julius Fucik.
(c) The USS Pharris.
(d) The Plavnik.
15. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
(a) Sophisticated fire extinguishers.
(b) A freak snowstorm.
(c) Military helicopters.
(d) Hundreds of firefighters and volunteers.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
2. Where is the air base in Iceland?
3. The execution of four Russian generals has a profound impact on the rest of the Russian military. How do other military officers respond?
4. What two areas do the Russians plan to attack during Red Storm?
5. What is the code name of Russia's military offensive?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)