|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sergetov admits that he almost wishes that he had been present at the time of the attack. Why?
(a) He wishes he could have been a hero because of his death.
(b) He thinks death may be preferable to playing along with the government's plot.
(c) He feels that he could have stopped the attack.
(d) He thinks he could have saved some of the children.
2. What are Edwards and his men told to do if they find themselves in danger?
(a) "Bug out."
(b) "Peace out."
(c) "Surrender immediately."
(d) "Retreat and evade."
3. Why is it unsafe for Edwards to stay at his surveillance location?
(a) His location is too close to the Russians.
(b) One of his men betrayed their position to the Russians.
(c) His location is never really dark because the sun never truly sets.
(d) The Russians locate their hiding spot during a security sweep.
4. Toland is a reservist and serves his time with the commander of a ship. What is the commander's name?
(a) William Calloway.
(b) Ed Morris.
(c) Charles Nubuck.
(d) Patrick Flynn.
5. How does Flynn react to the Russian's show of reducing their arms?
(a) He's skeptical about their honesty concerning their disarmament.
(b) He's tense about the reduction of arms in the Russian military.
(c) He's excited to see that the Russians are taking steps toward peace.
(d) He's indifferent about the arms reduction.
6. What is the name of the alleged terrorist who admits to the attack on Russia?
(a) Franz Meinhof.
(b) Horst Mahler.
(c) Gerhardt Falken.
(d) Axel Springer.
7. What boat is Toland on when the Russians attack?
(a) The Nimitz.
(b) The Lincolon.
(c) The Chicago.
(d) The Pharris.
8. What does Edwards warn command about the relocation to a safer place?
(a) It will take hours to make a short journey.
(b) His men are low on ammunition.
(c) His men are too exhausted to move.
(d) The new location will be even less safe.
9. What political body does the Politburo suggest should be eliminated?
(a) The European Union.
(c) The United Nations.
(d) The Russian Council.
10. Once the men have rejoined Chernyavin, they blow up the van they were in. How?
(a) With a hand-grenade.
(b) With dynamite.
(c) With plastic explosives.
(d) With a rocket-launcher.
11. Flynn and Calloway cover a speech by the Russian Foreign Minister. What does the Minister speak about?
(a) A plea for other countries to send Russia money and oil.
(b) Russia's strong military and financial wealth.
(c) A proposal for arms reduction.
(d) A proposal to build more oil refineries.
12. What is the code name for the command to which Edwards reports?
(b) Boarding House.
13. What does the Politburo decide after Sergetov's report?
(a) That they need weapons, and should negotiate with Europe to get them.
(b) That they need oil, and that they must purchase as much as possible.
(c) That they need oil, and that they must take it by force.
(d) That secretly manufacturing weapons will solve their problems.
14. Who discovers the refinery fire?
(a) The Satellite Control Facility in Sunnyvale, California.
(b) An unnamed citizen in Franklin, North Carolina.
(c) The Satellite Watchdog Group in Atlanta, Georgia.
(d) The American military base in Norfolk, Virginia.
15. How many people were killed in the attack in Russia?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Commander of the USS Pharris receives orders about how to deal with ships he encounters. What are those orders?
2. At the funeral, Sergetov is enraged by the loss of life that resulted from the explosion. He is also angry because of what reason?
3. The night before the attack, a movie was televised throughout Russia. What was the movie about?
4. The U.S. fires on the Julius Fucik, but are unable to sink the boat. What does the captain of the ship do?
5. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)