|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it unsafe for Edwards to stay at his surveillance location?
(a) The Russians locate their hiding spot during a security sweep.
(b) His location is never really dark because the sun never truly sets.
(c) His location is too close to the Russians.
(d) One of his men betrayed their position to the Russians.
2. Why is this mission to take out the bridges so important in the war against the Soviets?
(a) If it is successful, Soviet reinforcements can not arrive.
(b) If it is successful, the Germans can not move into Russia.
(c) If the mission fails, the Russians can take more oil.
(d) If the mission fails, the Germans will be trapped by the Soviets.
3. Russia does something to indicate that they are reducing their nuclear arms. What do they do?
(a) They fill torpedo tubes with concrete.
(b) They dismantle nuclear warheads.
(c) They shut down nuclear reactors.
(d) They take apart Russian rocket-launchers.
4. How does Flynn react to the Russian's show of reducing their arms?
(a) He's tense about the reduction of arms in the Russian military.
(b) He's skeptical about their honesty concerning their disarmament.
(c) He's excited to see that the Russians are taking steps toward peace.
(d) He's indifferent about the arms reduction.
5. What is the name of the man who leads a mission that targets thirty-six bridges and Soviet troop support?
(a) Colonel Richard Sorge.
(b) Commander Wilhelm Keitel.
(c) Seargent Mikhail Barbarossa.
(d) Colonel Douglas Ellington.
6. What was the message of the movie that was televised the night before the attack on the Kremlin?
(a) That Russia's military is ready to fight any country if the need arises.
(b) That Russians must be ready to defend against a German attack.
(c) That Russians must be careful not to involve themselves in foreign affairs.
(d) That Russians must disarm immediately to prevent nuclear war.
7. Toland is a reservist and serves his time with the commander of a ship. What is the commander's name?
(a) Patrick Flynn.
(b) Charles Nubuck.
(c) William Calloway.
(d) Ed Morris.
8. What happens to the military personnel in the Keflavik air base?
(a) They are forced to act as the Russians' servants.
(b) They are forced to fight for the Russians.
(c) They are either killed or taken hostage.
(d) They are set free and told to warn the military that Russia is taking over.
9. An AP Moscow Correspondent publishes a new story about the Nizhnevartovskv oil refinery fire. What does it say caused the explosion?
(a) A technical malfunction.
(b) A leak in the refinery's valves.
(c) A careless employee.
(d) A disgruntled employee.
10. Command asks Edwards a series of questions to confirm his identity. One question makes him so angry he refuses to answer. What was it?
(a) Why his wife divorced him.
(b) What happened to his girlfriend.
(c) Where his mother is buried.
(d) Why his father left his family.
11. What is the name of the alleged terrorist who admits to the attack on Russia?
(a) Gerhardt Falken.
(b) Axel Springer.
(c) Horst Mahler.
(d) Franz Meinhof.
12. During Edwards's move away from his location, something happens that makes him ashamed of himself. What is it?
(a) He freezes while crossing a road and is nearly discovered.
(b) One of his men is killed by a Russian patrol.
(c) He loses his temper and slaps one of his men.
(d) He executes a Russian patrol that discovers his men.
13. What element of the Russian offensive does Pavel Alekeseyev say is crucial to its success?
(c) Shock and awe.
(d) Extensive military action.
14. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
(a) He is dismissed from service and told to keep quiet about what he knows.
(b) His two-week reserve status is extended indefinitely.
(c) He is asked to return to active duty.
(d) He is told to go on leave and return to the ship in a few weeks.
15. The U.S. fires on the Julius Fucik, but are unable to sink the boat. What does the captain of the ship do?
(a) He returns fire until his enemies give up.
(b) He flees back to Russia.
(c) He blows up the boat to avoid capture.
(d) He forcefully drives the ship into port.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Toland's response to the news of the generals' executions, and how do his superiors react?
2. Of the people who died in the attack on Russia, how many were children?
3. During the attack on the Nizhnevartovsk oil refinery, Tolkaze stops for a moment to read something. What was it?
4. As Chernyavin's men are traveling, they find themselves face-to-face with a tank. They then hear Chernyavin's voice telling them to surrender themselves. Why does this surprise them?
5. At the funeral, Sergetov is enraged by the loss of life that resulted from the explosion. He is also angry because of what reason?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)