|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two areas do the Russians plan to attack during Red Storm?
(a) West Germany and the Low Countries.
(b) Cambodia and South Korea.
(c) Afghanistan and Jordan.
(d) England and Ireland.
2. What is the name of the man who leads a mission that targets thirty-six bridges and Soviet troop support?
(a) Seargent Mikhail Barbarossa.
(b) Commander Wilhelm Keitel.
(c) Colonel Richard Sorge.
(d) Colonel Douglas Ellington.
3. The Russians who control the air base are attacked by American planes. What do the American planes fail to destroy?
(a) Several runways.
(b) The flight command tower.
(c) The air field.
(d) The base's air terminal.
4. As he listens to the eulogy for the Russian victims, what does Toland notice about the speech?
(a) That Russia intends to go to war.
(b) That Russia is in desperate need of financial help from other countries.
(c) That Russia intends to ask other countries for oil.
(d) That Russia intends to continue their arms reduction.
5. Morris warns the crew of the USS Pharris that the ship's orders have changed. What does he tell them?
(a) No more drills will be conducted; all calls to arms will be real.
(b) All personnel are to increase security and report any suspicious activity.
(c) Drills will continue to be conducted, but no one is to fire upon enemy ships.
(d) No more drills will be conducted; their new mission is to track all enemy ships.
6. What boat is Toland on when the Russians attack?
(a) The Lincolon.
(b) The Pharris.
(c) The Chicago.
(d) The Nimitz.
7. What clue does Toland discover that indicates Russia's instability?
(a) Hijacking of oil shipments across the country.
(b) Demonstrations and speeches in the heart of the Kremlin.
(c) Russian battery shortages.
(d) Food riots in Moscow.
8. What is Toland's response to the news of the generals' executions, and how do his superiors react?
(a) Toland thinks it's trivial; his superiors agree.
(b) Toland thinks it's trivial; his superiors think it's important.
(c) Toland thinks it's important; his superiors have him investigate furthur.
(d) Toland thinks it's important; his superiors don't.
9. What kind of vessel does the USS Pharris sink?
(a) A Russian oil tanker.
(b) A warship.
(c) A merchant ship.
(d) A submarine.
10. What are Edwards and his men told to do once they leave their hiding place?
(a) Try to regain control of the air base.
(b) Stake out and observe an electrical plant.
(c) Hide in a nearby refinery.
(d) Sabotage the Russians' missiles.
11. What is the name of the ship Toland's commanding officer is in charge of?
(a) The USS Lincolon.
(b) The USS Ingham.
(c) The USS Pharris.
(d) The USS Davis.
12. A Russian soldier named Chernyavin is in Germany. He is disguised as what kind of person?
(a) An Austrian investor.
(b) A German entrepreneur.
(c) A Russian diplomat.
(d) A Jewish businessman.
13. After Edwards loses his confidence in himself, he defers all decisions to what man?
(a) Commander Evans.
(b) Marine Corporal Davis.
(c) Marine Sergeant Smith.
(d) Navy Captain Booth.
14. What are Edwards and his men told to do if they find themselves in danger?
(a) "Surrender immediately."
(b) "Peace out."
(c) "Bug out."
(d) "Retreat and evade."
15. Chernyavin picks up a package at a post office. What does it contain?
(a) The blueprint for the German Chancellor's house.
(b) Plans for the Reichstag building.
(c) A map of the office of the Bundestag, or German parliament.
(d) Plans for the NATO headquarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What code name is given to Edwards?
2. At the funeral, Sergetov is enraged by the loss of life that resulted from the explosion. He is also angry because of what reason?
3. The U.S. fires on the Julius Fucik, but are unable to sink the boat. What does the captain of the ship do?
4. How many people were killed in the attack in Russia?
5. What is the supposed occupation of the "terrorist"?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)