|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What code name is given to Edwards?
2. The Russians who control the air base are attacked by American planes. What do the American planes fail to destroy?
(a) The base's air terminal.
(b) The air field.
(c) The flight command tower.
(d) Several runways.
3. What is notable about the "terrorist's" statement that angers Toland's superiors?
(a) There are no hard facts available about the attack or the terrorist.
(b) The man's story is full of holes and contradictions.
(c) The terrorist's story is too perfect.
(d) The man is too emotional about his story.
4. Of the people who died in the attack on Russia, how many were children?
5. What kind of vessel does the USS Pharris sink?
(a) A submarine.
(b) A Russian oil tanker.
(c) A warship.
(d) A merchant ship.
6. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
(a) Tampa, Florida.
(b) Quantico, Virginia.
(c) Washington, D.C..
(d) Norfolk, Virginia.
7. After the Russians have gained control of the air base, what is their one significant problem?
(a) Their missiles are damaged by saltwater.
(b) Their ship sank, and they are stranded at the base.
(c) Their commander was killed by a stray bullet.
(d) Some of their weapons were lost during the battle.
8. What boat is Toland on when the Russians attack?
(a) The Lincolon.
(b) The Nimitz.
(c) The Chicago.
(d) The Pharris.
9. At the funeral, Sergetov is enraged by the loss of life that resulted from the explosion. He is also angry because of what reason?
(a) One of the parents of the deceased made a scene.
(b) He feels responsible for the death of the children.
(c) Half of the people who knew about the attack were at the funeral.
(d) The Politburo used the funeral as an excuse to discuss politics publicly.
10. What is the full name of the adviser to the Russian government, who specializes in energy production?
(a) Mikhail Eduardovich Sergetov.
(b) Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.
(c) Alexander Taneyev.
(d) Dmitri Shostakovich.
11. What does the Politburo decide after Sergetov's report?
(a) That they need oil, and that they must purchase as much as possible.
(b) That they need weapons, and should negotiate with Europe to get them.
(c) That secretly manufacturing weapons will solve their problems.
(d) That they need oil, and that they must take it by force.
12. What two areas do the Russians plan to attack during Red Storm?
(a) Cambodia and South Korea.
(b) England and Ireland.
(c) Afghanistan and Jordan.
(d) West Germany and the Low Countries.
13. What is the code name for the command to which Edwards reports?
(b) Boarding House.
14. Russia does something to indicate that they are reducing their nuclear arms. What do they do?
(a) They shut down nuclear reactors.
(b) They fill torpedo tubes with concrete.
(c) They dismantle nuclear warheads.
(d) They take apart Russian rocket-launchers.
15. What does Edwards warn command about the relocation to a safer place?
(a) His men are too exhausted to move.
(b) His men are low on ammunition.
(c) It will take hours to make a short journey.
(d) The new location will be even less safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Chernyavin's men are traveling, they find themselves face-to-face with a tank. They then hear Chernyavin's voice telling them to surrender themselves. Why does this surprise them?
2. After Edwards loses his confidence in himself, he defers all decisions to what man?
3. The night before the attack, a movie was televised throughout Russia. What was the movie about?
4. What was the message of the movie that was televised the night before the attack on the Kremlin?
5. Toland is a reservist and serves his time with the commander of a ship. What is the commander's name?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)