|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Edwards loses his confidence in himself, he defers all decisions to what man?
(a) Marine Corporal Davis.
(b) Marine Sergeant Smith.
(c) Commander Evans.
(d) Navy Captain Booth.
2. What kind of vessel does the USS Pharris sink?
(a) A Russian oil tanker.
(b) A submarine.
(c) A merchant ship.
(d) A warship.
3. What code name is given to Edwards?
4. What is the name of the alleged terrorist who admits to the attack on Russia?
(a) Franz Meinhof.
(b) Axel Springer.
(c) Horst Mahler.
(d) Gerhardt Falken.
5. The Russians who control the air base are attacked by American planes. What do the American planes fail to destroy?
(a) The base's air terminal.
(b) The air field.
(c) Several runways.
(d) The flight command tower.
6. During Edwards's move away from his location, something happens that makes him ashamed of himself. What is it?
(a) He executes a Russian patrol that discovers his men.
(b) One of his men is killed by a Russian patrol.
(c) He loses his temper and slaps one of his men.
(d) He freezes while crossing a road and is nearly discovered.
7. As Chernyavin's men are traveling, they find themselves face-to-face with a tank. They then hear Chernyavin's voice telling them to surrender themselves. Why does this surprise them?
(a) They think that Chernyavin is working for the Germans.
(b) They are now under new leadership.
(c) They believe that Chernyavin is dead.
(d) They think that Chernyavin is still in prison.
8. When Toland is recalled to duty and is preparing to leave his home, he hears a news report about something that occurs at the Kremlin. What was it?
(a) There was an explosion at the Kremlin.
(b) An important government official is kidnapped.
(c) Another oil refinery is attacked.
(d) There was a riot over the lack of oil.
9. What is the name of the man who escapes the Keflavik air base and uses a radio to spread news of the attack?
(a) Commander Daniel Edwards.
(b) First Lieutenant Mike Edwards.
(c) Patrick Flynn.
(d) Ed Morris.
10. Toland believes that the incident in Russia was faked. What reason would Russia have to fake something of this magnitude?
(a) An explosion would frighten Russians and make them want to go to war.
(b) Faking a terrorist attack would justify heightened military activity.
(c) Faking an attack would allow Russia to declare war on another country.
(d) Faking a terrorist attack would make other countries feel bad for Russia and offer them oil.
11. Where does First Lieutenant Mike Edwards stay to monitor the situation at the air base?
(a) A nearby barn.
(b) An abandoned building on the base.
(c) Hill 152.
(d) A local man's house.
12. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
(a) Norfolk, Virginia.
(b) Tampa, Florida.
(c) Quantico, Virginia.
(d) Washington, D.C..
13. Why is this mission to take out the bridges so important in the war against the Soviets?
(a) If it is successful, the Germans can not move into Russia.
(b) If the mission fails, the Germans will be trapped by the Soviets.
(c) If the mission fails, the Russians can take more oil.
(d) If it is successful, Soviet reinforcements can not arrive.
14. How many Muslims attack the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk?
15. After the Russians have gained control of the air base, what is their one significant problem?
(a) Their missiles are damaged by saltwater.
(b) Some of their weapons were lost during the battle.
(c) Their commander was killed by a stray bullet.
(d) Their ship sank, and they are stranded at the base.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Russian KGB takes what political body hostage?
2. Russia says that the explosion was caused by terrorists from which country?
3. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
4. What is the Russian Politburo?
5. An AP Moscow Correspondent publishes a new story about the Nizhnevartovskv oil refinery fire. What does it say caused the explosion?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)