|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toland believes that the incident in Russia was faked. What reason would Russia have to fake something of this magnitude?
(a) Faking a terrorist attack would justify heightened military activity.
(b) An explosion would frighten Russians and make them want to go to war.
(c) Faking an attack would allow Russia to declare war on another country.
(d) Faking a terrorist attack would make other countries feel bad for Russia and offer them oil.
2. What is the name of the man who escapes the Keflavik air base and uses a radio to spread news of the attack?
(a) First Lieutenant Mike Edwards.
(b) Ed Morris.
(c) Patrick Flynn.
(d) Commander Daniel Edwards.
3. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
(a) Tampa, Florida.
(b) Norfolk, Virginia.
(c) Washington, D.C..
(d) Quantico, Virginia.
4. Once the men have rejoined Chernyavin, they blow up the van they were in. How?
(a) With a hand-grenade.
(b) With a rocket-launcher.
(c) With plastic explosives.
(d) With dynamite.
5. Highly-trained Russian forces begin fighting on the ground in Germany. What is the special title of those forces?
(a) Spezialkräfte forces.
(b) Spezielle Operationen forces.
(c) Vympel forces.
(d) Spetznaz forces.
6. What boat is Toland on when the Russians attack?
(a) The Chicago.
(b) The Pharris.
(c) The Nimitz.
(d) The Lincolon.
7. What does Edwards warn command about the relocation to a safer place?
(a) The new location will be even less safe.
(b) It will take hours to make a short journey.
(c) His men are too exhausted to move.
(d) His men are low on ammunition.
8. What happens that leads to Chernyavin's discovery and arrest?
(a) He is hit by a car.
(b) He is robbed and the package taken from him.
(c) He is betrayed and is killed by German police.
(d) He is arrested for having a fake passport.
9. Sergetov admits that he almost wishes that he had been present at the time of the attack. Why?
(a) He wishes he could have been a hero because of his death.
(b) He feels that he could have stopped the attack.
(c) He thinks he could have saved some of the children.
(d) He thinks death may be preferable to playing along with the government's plot.
10. What element of the Russian offensive does Pavel Alekeseyev say is crucial to its success?
(b) Extensive military action.
(d) Shock and awe.
11. The Russians who control the air base are attacked by American planes. What do the American planes fail to destroy?
(a) Several runways.
(b) The flight command tower.
(c) The base's air terminal.
(d) The air field.
12. As Chernyavin's men are traveling, they find themselves face-to-face with a tank. They then hear Chernyavin's voice telling them to surrender themselves. Why does this surprise them?
(a) They think that Chernyavin is still in prison.
(b) They are now under new leadership.
(c) They think that Chernyavin is working for the Germans.
(d) They believe that Chernyavin is dead.
13. Command asks Edwards a series of questions to confirm his identity. One question makes him so angry he refuses to answer. What was it?
(a) Why his father left his family.
(b) Why his wife divorced him.
(c) Where his mother is buried.
(d) What happened to his girlfriend.
14. While the American military waits to confirm a plan to down Soviet satellites, something happens that sets back the operation. What happens?
(a) The Soviets attack American forces.
(b) The Soviets launch missiles at American warships.
(c) The American government decides to scrap the operation.
(d) The American satellites go down.
15. When Toland is recalled to duty and is preparing to leave his home, he hears a news report about something that occurs at the Kremlin. What was it?
(a) There was a riot over the lack of oil.
(b) Another oil refinery is attacked.
(c) An important government official is kidnapped.
(d) There was an explosion at the Kremlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Russians have gained control of the air base, what is their one significant problem?
2. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
3. What are Edwards and his men told to do once they leave their hiding place?
4. Where is the air base in Iceland?
5. What is the name of the alleged terrorist who admits to the attack on Russia?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)