|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens that leads to Chernyavin's discovery and arrest?
(a) He is betrayed and is killed by German police.
(b) He is arrested for having a fake passport.
(c) He is hit by a car.
(d) He is robbed and the package taken from him.
2. As Chernyavin's men are traveling, they find themselves face-to-face with a tank. They then hear Chernyavin's voice telling them to surrender themselves. Why does this surprise them?
(a) They are now under new leadership.
(b) They think that Chernyavin is still in prison.
(c) They think that Chernyavin is working for the Germans.
(d) They believe that Chernyavin is dead.
3. Before the attack on the Keflavik air base, a Russian ship is secretly carrying Russian infantrymen. What is the name of that ship?
(a) The Julius Fucik.
(b) The Plavnik.
(c) The USS Pharris.
(d) The Delfin.
4. At the funeral, Sergetov is enraged by the loss of life that resulted from the explosion. He is also angry because of what reason?
(a) The Politburo used the funeral as an excuse to discuss politics publicly.
(b) One of the parents of the deceased made a scene.
(c) He feels responsible for the death of the children.
(d) Half of the people who knew about the attack were at the funeral.
5. Why is it unsafe for Edwards to stay at his surveillance location?
(a) His location is never really dark because the sun never truly sets.
(b) The Russians locate their hiding spot during a security sweep.
(c) One of his men betrayed their position to the Russians.
(d) His location is too close to the Russians.
6. Highly-trained Russian forces begin fighting on the ground in Germany. What is the special title of those forces?
(a) Spezialkräfte forces.
(b) Spetznaz forces.
(c) Spezielle Operationen forces.
(d) Vympel forces.
7. The mission against the Soviets is successful, but it is a costly victory. Why?
(a) Several planes are lost during the mission.
(b) Many troops are captured by the Soviets.
(c) NATO supply lines are compromised.
(d) NATO forces were ambushed and had to be left behind.
8. Once the men have rejoined Chernyavin, they blow up the van they were in. How?
(a) With dynamite.
(b) With a rocket-launcher.
(c) With plastic explosives.
(d) With a hand-grenade.
9. What political body does the Politburo suggest should be eliminated?
(a) The Russian Council.
(b) The United Nations.
(c) The European Union.
10. What is Toland's response to the news of the generals' executions, and how do his superiors react?
(a) Toland thinks it's important; his superiors don't.
(b) Toland thinks it's important; his superiors have him investigate furthur.
(c) Toland thinks it's trivial; his superiors think it's important.
(d) Toland thinks it's trivial; his superiors agree.
11. What happens to the military personnel in the Keflavik air base?
(a) They are set free and told to warn the military that Russia is taking over.
(b) They are forced to act as the Russians' servants.
(c) They are forced to fight for the Russians.
(d) They are either killed or taken hostage.
12. What are Edwards and his men told to do if they find themselves in danger?
(a) "Surrender immediately."
(b) "Bug out."
(c) "Peace out."
(d) "Retreat and evade."
13. What boat is Toland on when the Russians attack?
(a) The Pharris.
(b) The Lincolon.
(c) The Chicago.
(d) The Nimitz.
14. What element of the Russian offensive does Pavel Alekeseyev say is crucial to its success?
(c) Extensive military action.
(d) Shock and awe.
15. When Toland is recalled to duty and is preparing to leave his home, he hears a news report about something that occurs at the Kremlin. What was it?
(a) There was a riot over the lack of oil.
(b) Another oil refinery is attacked.
(c) There was an explosion at the Kremlin.
(d) An important government official is kidnapped.
Short Answer Questions
1. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
2. The eulogy given at the Russian victims' funeral calls for what action?
3. The Russian ship is repainted to look like a merchant ship, but they are not in normal shipping lanes. What does the crew do when the U.S. Navy questions them about this?
4. Toland believes that the incident in Russia was faked. What reason would Russia have to fake something of this magnitude?
5. Where does First Lieutenant Mike Edwards stay to monitor the situation at the air base?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)