|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 through 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An AP Moscow Correspondent publishes a new story about the Nizhnevartovskv oil refinery fire. What does it say caused the explosion?
(a) A careless employee.
(b) A technical malfunction.
(c) A disgruntled employee.
(d) A leak in the refinery's valves.
2. The eulogy given at the Russian victims' funeral calls for what action?
(a) Forgiveness and reconciliation with Russia's enemies.
(b) Increased diplomacy to solve Russia's problems.
(c) Political demonstrations to protest Russian oil shortages.
(d) Retaliation against the alleged terrorist's country.
3. What are Edwards and his men told to do once they leave their hiding place?
(a) Try to regain control of the air base.
(b) Hide in a nearby refinery.
(c) Stake out and observe an electrical plant.
(d) Sabotage the Russians' missiles.
4. What is the full name of the author of the article about the importance of the Russian oil fields?
(a) Williams Blake.
(b) Michael Evans.
(c) Patrick Flynn.
(d) William Calloway.
5. The Politburo divides reports into which three categories?
(a) Important, urgent, critical.
(b) Yellow, orange, and red.
(c) Best case, middle case, and worst case.
(d) Low importance, medium importance, high importance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers the refinery fire?
2. Morris decides to treat the prisoners from the sunken submarine in a very unusual way. Why does Morris decide to treat the prisoners this way?
3. Why does the captain of the Julius Fucik decide to take that course of action?
4. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
5. When Calloway interviews O'Malley about sinking the submarine, what does O'Malley point out about the American military?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)