|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 through 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Russians discover the soldiers Edwards's group killed at the farmhouse, what do they decide to do?
(a) Report the deaths and await further orders.
(b) Assume they died in an accident and determine to be more careful.
(c) Search for the band of Allied soldiers that must be nearby.
(d) Bury the Russians and leave the area.
2. Who discovers the refinery fire?
(a) The Satellite Control Facility in Sunnyvale, California.
(b) An unnamed citizen in Franklin, North Carolina.
(c) The American military base in Norfolk, Virginia.
(d) The Satellite Watchdog Group in Atlanta, Georgia.
3. What political body does the Politburo suggest should be eliminated?
(b) The European Union.
(c) The United Nations.
(d) The Russian Council.
4. Why is Alekeseyev's new battle plan after the attacks on the refueling tanks especially risky?
(a) The Allies could intercept his orders and change their own plans.
(b) He could be executed for failure to follow orders.
(c) The interior troops could be trapped and not arrive in time.
(d) His men could revolt and refuse to fight.
5. Why does the captain of the Julius Fucik decide to take that course of action?
(a) The boat is too damaged to dock properly.
(b) The captain plans to return with reinforcements.
(c) The captain is certain that he can destroy the air base alone.
(d) The captain is afraid his enemies will discover Russia's plans for Red Storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapters 35-39, McCafferty scores a hit by sinking which vessel?
2. Why do Potter and his team search for Russians after they rescue Edwards's group from the mountain?
3. How many people were killed in the attack in Russia?
4. When American forces attack the Keflavik air base, how many American planes do the Russians take down in their counter-attack?
5. What is Toland's first order of business once he reaches safety?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)