|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 through 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who leads a mission that targets thirty-six bridges and Soviet troop support?
(a) Seargent Mikhail Barbarossa.
(b) Commander Wilhelm Keitel.
(c) Colonel Douglas Ellington.
(d) Colonel Richard Sorge.
2. Sergetov tells a superior officer that the Russians are marching into a trap. What does Sergetov say the Russians must do?
(a) They must radio for reinforcements.
(b) They must return to base.
(c) They must veer south and attack the Allies from behind.
(d) They must take defensive positions immediately.
3. In chapters 40-45, Allied forces execute a plan that results in heavy Russian casualties and the loss of many Russian planes. What is that plan called?
(a) Plan Delta.
(b) Operation Hawkeye.
(c) Operation Battleaxe.
(d) Plan Tango.
4. When the Communist Party officials meet to discuss the war after the discovery of the Allied trap, who defends Alekeseyev?
(a) One of Alekeseyev's men.
(b) The younger Sergetov.
(c) One of the Communist Party members.
(d) The elder Sergetov.
5. Edwards and his men are supposed to hike about two hundred miles. How long is their journey supposed to last?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) Two months.
(d) Ten days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Terry Mackell has great success locating tanks with what kind of instrument?
2. Why does Alekeseyev want control of Russia's nuclear weapons?
3. The major to whom Sergetov reports takes no action after he is warned about the trap. Why?
4. Chernyavin picks up a package at a post office. What does it contain?
5. What kind of vessel does the USS Pharris sink?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)