|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 through 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Georgiyevich when the information that led to the war was discussed with the Politburo?
(a) He was visiting relatives in Serbia.
(b) He was home with an illness.
(c) He was on his lunch break.
(d) He was in America on business.
2. What is the name of Georgiyevich's driver?
3. Why do the Allied forces fire missiles at volcanic rock?
(a) To distract the Russians from another, more secretive attack.
(b) To intimidate the Russians into retreating.
(c) To create hotspots that will show up on radar and confuse the Russians.
(d) To create landslides that will bury Russian troops.
4. How many men escape the submarine that the Pharris sinks?
5. The Commander of the USS Pharris receives orders about how to deal with ships he encounters. What are those orders?
(a) He is to evade any Soviet ships he encounters.
(b) He is to engage any East Bloc warship or merchant ship.
(c) He is to call for reinforcements any time he encounters enemy ships.
(d) He is to follow any enemy ships he finds, but is not to attack them.
Short Answer Questions
1. The U.S. fires on the Julius Fucik, but are unable to sink the boat. What does the captain of the ship do?
2. When McCafferty fires upon the Russian convoy, he saves a submarine crew from which country?
3. When Edward and Vigdis encounter an enemy helicopter, how do they avoid detection?
4. What is the name of the ship Toland's commanding officer is in charge of?
5. The eulogy given at the Russian victims' funeral calls for what action?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)