|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 through 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Edwards's move away from his location, something happens that makes him ashamed of himself. What is it?
(a) One of his men is killed by a Russian patrol.
(b) He freezes while crossing a road and is nearly discovered.
(c) He executes a Russian patrol that discovers his men.
(d) He loses his temper and slaps one of his men.
2. Flynn and Calloway cover a speech by the Russian Foreign Minister. What does the Minister speak about?
(a) A proposal for arms reduction.
(b) A proposal to build more oil refineries.
(c) Russia's strong military and financial wealth.
(d) A plea for other countries to send Russia money and oil.
3. Russia does something to indicate that they are reducing their nuclear arms. What do they do?
(a) They shut down nuclear reactors.
(b) They dismantle nuclear warheads.
(c) They fill torpedo tubes with concrete.
(d) They take apart Russian rocket-launchers.
4. Alekeseyev is promised that the Russian Navy can achieve a certain goal. What is it?
(a) They can return home soon.
(b) They can "close" the Atlantic.
(c) They can defeat the Americans.
(d) They can destroy NATO.
5. After the Allies fire at the volcanic rock, why do the Russians' missiles only hit a few Allied targets?
(a) They are drawn to the hotspots in the volcanic rock.
(b) They are intercepted by Allied ground-to-air missiles.
(c) The Allied forces are too well hidden.
(d) The Allies are out of firing range.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellington do when he discovers a group of Russian tanks that are gathering to refuel?
2. Alekeseyev realizes that Ellington's attack on the refueling tanks will affect his battle plans. Why?
3. Edwards and his men are supposed to hike about two hundred miles. How long is their journey supposed to last?
4. Where is the air base in Iceland?
5. An AP Moscow Correspondent publishes a new story about the Nizhnevartovskv oil refinery fire. What does it say caused the explosion?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)