|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 through 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellington do when he discovers a group of Russian tanks that are gathering to refuel?
(a) He takes out the radar and calls for backup.
(b) He radios headquarters and waits for orders.
(c) He bombs the Russians.
(d) He sabotages the fuel pumps.
2. Alekeseyev is promised that the Russian Navy can achieve a certain goal. What is it?
(a) They can return home soon.
(b) They can defeat the Americans.
(c) They can destroy NATO.
(d) They can "close" the Atlantic.
3. After O'Malley sinks his first live submarine, what does he say about his feelings?
(a) He says that it was the happiest day of his life.
(b) He says that the Russians deserved it.
(c) He says that he's ready to sink more submarines.
(d) He says the submarine sinking was the saddest sound he'd ever heard.
4. Russia does something to indicate that they are reducing their nuclear arms. What do they do?
(a) They take apart Russian rocket-launchers.
(b) They shut down nuclear reactors.
(c) They fill torpedo tubes with concrete.
(d) They dismantle nuclear warheads.
5. What do Edwards and his men do with the bodies of the Russian soldiers that were killed in the farmhouse?
(a) They leave them in the farmhouse.
(b) They put them in their own jeep, push it off a cliff, and set it on fire.
(c) They arrange the bodies to make it look like they were ambushed.
(d) They bury the bodies in the fields behind the farmhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the funeral, Sergetov is enraged by the loss of life that resulted from the explosion. He is also angry because of what reason?
2. The eulogy given at the Russian victims' funeral calls for what action?
3. Sergetov tells a superior officer that the Russians are marching into a trap. What does Sergetov say the Russians must do?
4. How does Alekeseyev plan to compensate for his troops' depleted fuel supply?
5. How many men escape the submarine that the Pharris sinks?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)