|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 through 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the Russian soldiers are looking for Edwards and his men, what happens to distract them?
(a) They find and shoot a deer.
(b) They are faced with an angry mob of locals.
(c) They are attacked by Allied planes.
(d) They recieve orders to relocate to a different part of the country.
2. What is the code name for the command to which Edwards reports?
(c) Boarding House.
3. Toland believes that the incident in Russia was faked. What reason would Russia have to fake something of this magnitude?
(a) Faking a terrorist attack would justify heightened military activity.
(b) Faking a terrorist attack would make other countries feel bad for Russia and offer them oil.
(c) An explosion would frighten Russians and make them want to go to war.
(d) Faking an attack would allow Russia to declare war on another country.
4. Before Morris sails from New York Harbor, he is joined by a reporter. What is the reporter's name?
(a) Gerald Marzorati.
(b) Patrick Flynn.
(c) William Calloway.
(d) Rick Kogan.
5. What British town houses the USS Nimitz while it is repaired and prepared for service?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Alekeseyev's new battle plan after the attacks on the refueling tanks especially risky?
2. What happens to the military personnel in the Keflavik air base?
3. Edwards and his men are supposed to hike about two hundred miles. How long is their journey supposed to last?
4. While he is awaiting reports, General Andreyev receives a transmission from the Atlantic Fleet. What does it say?
5. One of the officials at the Communist Party meeting lies about his knowledge of the number of Russians killed in Iceland. Why?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)