|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 through 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political body does the Politburo suggest should be eliminated?
(a) The European Union.
(b) The Russian Council.
(d) The United Nations.
2. Why is the Russian Foreign Minister's speech so significant?
(a) He's trying to intimidate other countries with boasts about Russia's well-being.
(b) He's trying to draw attention away from Russia's weakened state.
(c) He's trying to gain favor with other countries by asking for their help.
(d) He's trying to divert attention from Russia's upcoming offensive.
3. What is the code name for the command to which Edwards reports?
(c) Boarding House.
4. Why do the Allied forces fire missiles at volcanic rock?
(a) To intimidate the Russians into retreating.
(b) To create hotspots that will show up on radar and confuse the Russians.
(c) To create landslides that will bury Russian troops.
(d) To distract the Russians from another, more secretive attack.
5. What does Sergetov note about the Politburo's decision to go to war for oil?
(a) That oil is more important than the lives of Russian citizens.
(b) That the Politburo wants to go to war because they hate other countries.
(c) That it's safer to send Russians to war than to let them live cold and hungry.
(d) That the Russian people want to go to war to make their country richer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellington do when he discovers a group of Russian tanks that are gathering to refuel?
2. After McCafferty arrives in Scotland, what does he discover about his skirmish with the Russian convoy?
3. How many people were killed in the attack in Russia?
4. When McCafferty fires upon the Russian convoy, he saves a submarine crew from which country?
5. What do Edwards and his men do with the bodies of the Russian soldiers that were killed in the farmhouse?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)