|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 through 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the attack on the Nizhnevartovsk oil refinery, Tolkaze stops for a moment to read something. What was it?
(a) Instructions on how to loosen the refinery's valves.
(b) Part of his father's Koran.
(c) A map of the refinery.
(d) A prayer for the people he killed.
2. How long is the Russian military offensive supposed to last?
(a) Seven to nine days.
(b) Six to eight months.
(c) Two to three weeks.
(d) Three to four years.
3. What don't the Americans know about Russia's ability to use nuclear weapons?
(a) Alekseyev sabotaged the bombs so they could not detonate.
(b) The Russians do not have codes for the nuclear missiles and are unable to use them.
(c) The Russians have nuclear bombs, but not the planes needed to use them.
(d) The Russians did not ever plan to use nuclear weapons.
4. What does the Politburo decide after Sergetov's report?
(a) That they need oil, and that they must take it by force.
(b) That they need weapons, and should negotiate with Europe to get them.
(c) That secretly manufacturing weapons will solve their problems.
(d) That they need oil, and that they must purchase as much as possible.
5. What are Edwards and his men told to do once they leave their hiding place?
(a) Hide in a nearby refinery.
(b) Try to regain control of the air base.
(c) Sabotage the Russians' missiles.
(d) Stake out and observe an electrical plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his interview with Calloway, O'Malley says that the Allied troops' ability to survive depends on what?
2. In this section of the book, Sergetov questions a Russian soldier who has returned from the front. How is the soldier related to him?
3. What was Edward's girlfriend's name?
4. The Commander of the USS Pharris receives orders about how to deal with ships he encounters. What are those orders?
5. While Edwards is communicating with command about an attack on the Keflavik airfield, two important areas of the base are destroyed. What are they?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)