|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 through 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sergetov tell the Politburo about the state of Russian affairs?
(a) That Russia should feign weakness to gain foreign sympathies.
(b) That Russia is weak and will have to depend on other countries to survive the new year.
(c) That Russia is financially strong and has sufficient resources to survive the new year.
(d) That Russia is financially strong, but will need foreign oil to keep its citizens warm.
2. Why is O'Malley worried about Morris's ability to captain the Ruben James?
(a) Morris says that he is tired of being in command and wishes to return to port.
(b) He lost men on the Pharris, and may find returning to command too stressful.
(c) Morris is disliked by the other men on the ship.
(d) O'Mally believes that Morris is too inexperienced to captain such a large ship.
3. After O'Malley sinks his first submarine, Morris asks him when he'll be ready to fly again. What does he say?
(a) He'll never be ready to fly again.
(b) He's ready to go back up now.
(c) He'll be ready next month.
(d) He'll be ready in maybe a week.
4. What are Edwards and his men told to do once they leave their hiding place?
(a) Stake out and observe an electrical plant.
(b) Sabotage the Russians' missiles.
(c) Try to regain control of the air base.
(d) Hide in a nearby refinery.
5. One of the officials at the Communist Party meeting lies about his knowledge of the number of Russians killed in Iceland. Why?
(a) He is ashamed of how poorly the war is going.
(b) He does not want to reveal the number without revealing Allied casualties.
(c) He does not want to anger the Politburo.
(d) He wants to make himself look good by revealing the number after the war is over.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the attack on the Keflavik air base, a Russian ship is secretly carrying Russian infantrymen. What is the name of that ship?
2. What was the message of the movie that was televised the night before the attack on the Kremlin?
3. Alekeseyev is promised that the Russian Navy can achieve a certain goal. What is it?
4. How does Morris get the Pharris back to land after it is damaged?
5. What is the code name for the command to which Edwards reports?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)