|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 through 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
(a) He is told to go on leave and return to the ship in a few weeks.
(b) He is asked to return to active duty.
(c) He is dismissed from service and told to keep quiet about what he knows.
(d) His two-week reserve status is extended indefinitely.
2. After the Americans attack the Keflavik air base, Edwards announces that he and his men will have to relocate to a third location. Why?
(a) Their hiding place is under fire.
(b) Edwards and his men are low on supplies.
(c) The Russians are too close to their hiding place.
(d) His men are desperate to get out of enemy territory.
3. What happens to the farmhouse after Edwards and his men dispose of the Russian bodies?
(a) The Russians occupy the house.
(b) It is abandoned.
(c) The fate of the house itself is not mentioned.
(d) Edwards and his men burn it.
4. As he listens to the eulogy for the Russian victims, what does Toland notice about the speech?
(a) That Russia intends to continue their arms reduction.
(b) That Russia intends to ask other countries for oil.
(c) That Russia is in desperate need of financial help from other countries.
(d) That Russia intends to go to war.
5. A Russian soldier named Chernyavin is in Germany. He is disguised as what kind of person?
(a) A German entrepreneur.
(b) An Austrian investor.
(c) A Russian diplomat.
(d) A Jewish businessman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is this mission to take out the bridges so important in the war against the Soviets?
2. What don't the Americans know about Russia's ability to use nuclear weapons?
3. An American soldier and Major Chapeyev are shot down in the same area, and Chapeyev attempts to take the American captive. What does the American ask the Chapeyev that dissuades him from doing so?
4. What does Sergetov note about the Politburo's decision to go to war for oil?
5. What happens when Alekeseyev reports Sergetov's discovery about the Russians marching into a trap?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)