|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 through 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Edwards's move away from his location, something happens that makes him ashamed of himself. What is it?
(a) One of his men is killed by a Russian patrol.
(b) He loses his temper and slaps one of his men.
(c) He freezes while crossing a road and is nearly discovered.
(d) He executes a Russian patrol that discovers his men.
2. After McCafferty arrives in Scotland, what does he discover about his skirmish with the Russian convoy?
(a) He interupted a Norwegian attack on the Russians.
(b) He frightened the Russians away.
(c) He damaged three Russian ships.
(d) He managed to sink a Russian vessel.
3. What was the message of the movie that was televised the night before the attack on the Kremlin?
(a) That Russians must be ready to defend against a German attack.
(b) That Russians must disarm immediately to prevent nuclear war.
(c) That Russians must be careful not to involve themselves in foreign affairs.
(d) That Russia's military is ready to fight any country if the need arises.
4. What are Edwards and his men told to do if they find themselves in danger?
(a) "Surrender immediately."
(b) "Bug out."
(c) "Peace out."
(d) "Retreat and evade."
5. What do Edwards and his men do with the bodies of the Russian soldiers that were killed in the farmhouse?
(a) They bury the bodies in the fields behind the farmhouse.
(b) They put them in their own jeep, push it off a cliff, and set it on fire.
(c) They leave them in the farmhouse.
(d) They arrange the bodies to make it look like they were ambushed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before O'Malley sank the submarine, what role did he play as a helicopter pilot?
2. An AP Moscow Correspondent publishes a new story about the Nizhnevartovskv oil refinery fire. What does it say caused the explosion?
3. The mission against the Soviets is successful, but it is a costly victory. Why?
4. How do Alekeseyev and Sergetov leave the scene the helicopter crash?
5. When the Communist Party officials meet to discuss the war after the discovery of the Allied trap, who defends Alekeseyev?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)