|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 through 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men that escape the sunken submarine are captured and taken on board the Pharris. How are they treated?
(a) They are locked in a store room and given minimal food and water.
(b) They are executed.
(c) They are tortured for information.
(d) They are well cared for, but they are separated from the rest of the crew.
2. While Edwards is communicating with command about an attack on the Keflavik airfield, two important areas of the base are destroyed. What are they?
(a) The barracks and the terminal.
(b) The airplane hangars and the barracks.
(c) The electric plant and the tower.
(d) The terminal and the supply housing.
3. After Toland's ship is put out of commission by the Russians, where is he sent?
(c) South Africa.
4. What honor does Morris receive once he is back on American soil?
(a) He is thanked by the military for his work as a spy.
(b) A family thanks him for fighting for his country.
(c) He is promoted within the military.
(d) He receives recognition for his efforts on the Pharris.
5. Sergetov tells a superior officer that the Russians are marching into a trap. What does Sergetov say the Russians must do?
(a) They must radio for reinforcements.
(b) They must take defensive positions immediately.
(c) They must veer south and attack the Allies from behind.
(d) They must return to base.
Short Answer Questions
1. What British town houses the USS Nimitz while it is repaired and prepared for service?
2. The execution of four Russian generals has a profound impact on the rest of the Russian military. How do other military officers respond?
3. What do Alekeseyev and Sergetov conclude about the Russian offensive in Germany?
4. Toland observes that the Allied forces are capable of beating the Russians, but they must be able to do what first?
5. What does Edwards warn command about the relocation to a safer place?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)