|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 through 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toland believes that the incident in Russia was faked. What reason would Russia have to fake something of this magnitude?
(a) An explosion would frighten Russians and make them want to go to war.
(b) Faking a terrorist attack would justify heightened military activity.
(c) Faking an attack would allow Russia to declare war on another country.
(d) Faking a terrorist attack would make other countries feel bad for Russia and offer them oil.
2. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
(a) Tampa, Florida.
(b) Norfolk, Virginia.
(c) Washington, D.C..
(d) Quantico, Virginia.
3. The U.S. fires on the Julius Fucik, but are unable to sink the boat. What does the captain of the ship do?
(a) He flees back to Russia.
(b) He returns fire until his enemies give up.
(c) He blows up the boat to avoid capture.
(d) He forcefully drives the ship into port.
4. What kind of vessel does the USS Pharris sink?
(a) A submarine.
(b) A warship.
(c) A Russian oil tanker.
(d) A merchant ship.
5. What does Morris do to gain information from the Russian prisoners about the whereabouts of other vessels?
(a) He gives the Russians liquor and bugs their rooms.
(b) He witholds food and water until they tell him where other ships are located.
(c) He tortures them for information.
(d) He tries to convince the Russians to cooperate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the military personnel in the Keflavik air base?
2. What is the name of the ship Toland's commanding officer is in charge of?
3. When the Russians discover the soldiers Edwards's group killed at the farmhouse, what do they decide to do?
4. A Russian military official analyzes the readiness of the Russian military. What is that man's name?
5. Before the attack on the Keflavik air base, a Russian ship is secretly carrying Russian infantrymen. What is the name of that ship?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)