|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 through 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political body does the Politburo suggest should be eliminated?
(a) The United Nations.
(c) The Russian Council.
(d) The European Union.
2. What happens to the military personnel in the Keflavik air base?
(a) They are forced to fight for the Russians.
(b) They are forced to act as the Russians' servants.
(c) They are set free and told to warn the military that Russia is taking over.
(d) They are either killed or taken hostage.
3. Sergetov tells a superior officer that the Russians are marching into a trap. What does Sergetov say the Russians must do?
(a) They must veer south and attack the Allies from behind.
(b) They must radio for reinforcements.
(c) They must return to base.
(d) They must take defensive positions immediately.
4. What is Toland's first order of business once he reaches safety?
(a) To report to his commanding officers.
(b) To give an account of the attack to military officials.
(c) To notify his family that he is safe.
(d) To return immediately to America.
5. What happened to O'Malley that makes him relate to Morris's grief about the death of his men?
(a) He knows many other sailors who have lost comrades.
(b) O'Malley has recently lost several family members.
(c) He himself lost two friends in an attack in Vietnam.
(d) O'Malley was on a ship near the Pharris during the attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Calloway interviews O'Malley about sinking the submarine, what does O'Malley point out about the American military?
2. The Russian KGB takes what political body hostage?
3. What is the name of the man who escapes the Keflavik air base and uses a radio to spread news of the attack?
4. Toland observes that the Allied forces are capable of beating the Russians, but they must be able to do what first?
5. What are Edwards and his men told to do once they leave their hiding place?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)