|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 through 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Alekeseyev's new battle plan after the attacks on the refueling tanks especially risky?
(a) The interior troops could be trapped and not arrive in time.
(b) He could be executed for failure to follow orders.
(c) His men could revolt and refuse to fight.
(d) The Allies could intercept his orders and change their own plans.
2. Toland is a reservist and serves his time with the commander of a ship. What is the commander's name?
(a) Charles Nubuck.
(b) William Calloway.
(c) Patrick Flynn.
(d) Ed Morris.
3. A Russian military official analyzes the readiness of the Russian military. What is that man's name?
(a) Commander Daniel X. McCafferty.
(b) Major Chapeyev.
(c) Ibrahim Tolkaze.
(d) Pavel Alekeseyev.
4. After McCafferty arrives in Scotland, what does he discover about his skirmish with the Russian convoy?
(a) He managed to sink a Russian vessel.
(b) He damaged three Russian ships.
(c) He interupted a Norwegian attack on the Russians.
(d) He frightened the Russians away.
5. When the Russians discover the soldiers Edwards's group killed at the farmhouse, what do they decide to do?
(a) Search for the band of Allied soldiers that must be nearby.
(b) Assume they died in an accident and determine to be more careful.
(c) Report the deaths and await further orders.
(d) Bury the Russians and leave the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the Russian soldiers are looking for Edwards and his men, what happens to distract them?
2. What happens to the farmhouse after Edwards and his men dispose of the Russian bodies?
3. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
4. Why is O'Malley worried about Morris's ability to captain the Ruben James?
5. What does Sergetov note about the Politburo's decision to go to war for oil?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)