|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 through 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When American forces attack the Keflavik air base, how many American planes do the Russians take down in their counter-attack?
2. What is notable about the "terrorist's" statement that angers Toland's superiors?
(a) The man is too emotional about his story.
(b) There are no hard facts available about the attack or the terrorist.
(c) The terrorist's story is too perfect.
(d) The man's story is full of holes and contradictions.
3. While the American military waits to confirm a plan to down Soviet satellites, something happens that sets back the operation. What happens?
(a) The Soviets launch missiles at American warships.
(b) The American satellites go down.
(c) The Soviets attack American forces.
(d) The American government decides to scrap the operation.
4. Toland believes that the incident in Russia was faked. What reason would Russia have to fake something of this magnitude?
(a) An explosion would frighten Russians and make them want to go to war.
(b) Faking an attack would allow Russia to declare war on another country.
(c) Faking a terrorist attack would make other countries feel bad for Russia and offer them oil.
(d) Faking a terrorist attack would justify heightened military activity.
5. Command asks Edwards a series of questions to confirm his identity. One question makes him so angry he refuses to answer. What was it?
(a) What happened to his girlfriend.
(b) Where his mother is buried.
(c) Why his father left his family.
(d) Why his wife divorced him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What marking will the Pharris receive that indicates that it has sunk a submarine?
2. What two areas do the Russians plan to attack during Red Storm?
3. What kind of submarine does Morris and the other ship sink?
4. After the Americans attack the Keflavik air base, Edwards announces that he and his men will have to relocate to a third location. Why?
5. An American soldier and Major Chapeyev are shot down in the same area, and Chapeyev attempts to take the American captive. What does the American ask the Chapeyev that dissuades him from doing so?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)