|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 through 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he listens to the eulogy for the Russian victims, what does Toland notice about the speech?
(a) That Russia intends to go to war.
(b) That Russia intends to continue their arms reduction.
(c) That Russia intends to ask other countries for oil.
(d) That Russia is in desperate need of financial help from other countries.
2. Sergetov tells a superior officer that the Russians are marching into a trap. What does Sergetov say the Russians must do?
(a) They must return to base.
(b) They must radio for reinforcements.
(c) They must take defensive positions immediately.
(d) They must veer south and attack the Allies from behind.
3. What happens to the farmhouse after Edwards and his men dispose of the Russian bodies?
(a) The Russians occupy the house.
(b) Edwards and his men burn it.
(c) It is abandoned.
(d) The fate of the house itself is not mentioned.
4. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
(a) Vice Admiral Richard Pipes.
(b) Commander Raymond Jarvis.
(c) Sergeant Chuck Meyers.
(d) Colonel Keith Oberhausen.
5. Morris decides to treat the prisoners from the sunken submarine in a very unusual way. Why does Morris decide to treat the prisoners this way?
(a) It's the safest way to get the Russians off the Pharris.
(b) It's the best way to gain information from them.
(c) It's to prevent the Russians from spying on the Americans.
(d) It's to avenge the deaths of the soldiers the Russians killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toland is a reservist and serves his time with the commander of a ship. What is the commander's name?
2. What code name is given to Edwards?
3. What kind of submarine does Morris and the other ship sink?
4. In chapters 40-45, Allied forces execute a plan that results in heavy Russian casualties and the loss of many Russian planes. What is that plan called?
5. How many people were killed in the attack in Russia?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)