|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 through 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is this mission to take out the bridges so important in the war against the Soviets?
(a) If it is successful, Soviet reinforcements can not arrive.
(b) If the mission fails, the Germans will be trapped by the Soviets.
(c) If the mission fails, the Russians can take more oil.
(d) If it is successful, the Germans can not move into Russia.
2. What is the name of the ship Toland's commanding officer is in charge of?
(a) The USS Pharris.
(b) The USS Ingham.
(c) The USS Lincolon.
(d) The USS Davis.
3. The mission against the Soviets is successful, but it is a costly victory. Why?
(a) Several planes are lost during the mission.
(b) NATO forces were ambushed and had to be left behind.
(c) Many troops are captured by the Soviets.
(d) NATO supply lines are compromised.
4. How many Muslims attack the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk?
5. The Commander of the USS Pharris receives orders about how to deal with ships he encounters. What are those orders?
(a) He is to engage any East Bloc warship or merchant ship.
(b) He is to call for reinforcements any time he encounters enemy ships.
(c) He is to evade any Soviet ships he encounters.
(d) He is to follow any enemy ships he finds, but is not to attack them.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Russians discover the soldiers Edwards's group killed at the farmhouse, what do they decide to do?
2. What is the code name of Russia's military offensive?
3. What happened to Edwards's girlfriend?
4. The Russians who control the air base are attacked by American planes. What do the American planes fail to destroy?
5. What are Ellington's orders concerning the Russian targets he discovers?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)