|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 through 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Flynn react to the Russian's show of reducing their arms?
(a) He's skeptical about their honesty concerning their disarmament.
(b) He's tense about the reduction of arms in the Russian military.
(c) He's excited to see that the Russians are taking steps toward peace.
(d) He's indifferent about the arms reduction.
2. During his interview with Calloway, O'Malley says that the Allied troops' ability to survive depends on what?
(a) All parts of the military's defenses working together.
(b) The Allies' ability to unite with other countries.
(c) The Allied forces' ability to keep their plans secret.
(d) All troops working independantly, apart from each other.
3. After the Americans attack the Keflavik air base, Edwards announces that he and his men will have to relocate to a third location. Why?
(a) Edwards and his men are low on supplies.
(b) Their hiding place is under fire.
(c) His men are desperate to get out of enemy territory.
(d) The Russians are too close to their hiding place.
4. Why do Potter and his team search for Russians after they rescue Edwards's group from the mountain?
(a) So they can not retaliate against Edwards and his rescuers.
(b) So they can not alert Keflavik to Allied activity on the coast.
(c) So they can gain information about the Russians' movements.
(d) So they can take them to Germany as prisoners.
5. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
(a) Tampa, Florida.
(b) Washington, D.C..
(c) Norfolk, Virginia.
(d) Quantico, Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he listens to the eulogy for the Russian victims, what does Toland notice about the speech?
2. An American soldier and Major Chapeyev are shot down in the same area, and Chapeyev attempts to take the American captive. What does the American ask the Chapeyev that dissuades him from doing so?
3. While he is awaiting reports, General Andreyev receives a transmission from the Atlantic Fleet. What does it say?
4. The U.S. fires on the Julius Fucik, but are unable to sink the boat. What does the captain of the ship do?
5. While Edwards is communicating with command about an attack on the Keflavik airfield, two important areas of the base are destroyed. What are they?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)