|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the alleged terrorist who admits to the attack on Russia?
(a) Axel Springer.
(b) Franz Meinhof.
(c) Horst Mahler.
(d) Gerhardt Falken.
2. What happened to O'Malley that makes him relate to Morris's grief about the death of his men?
(a) O'Malley has recently lost several family members.
(b) O'Malley was on a ship near the Pharris during the attack.
(c) He himself lost two friends in an attack in Vietnam.
(d) He knows many other sailors who have lost comrades.
3. Terry Mackell has great success locating tanks with what kind of instrument?
4. Toland is a reservist and serves his time with the commander of a ship. What is the commander's name?
(a) Charles Nubuck.
(b) Ed Morris.
(c) William Calloway.
(d) Patrick Flynn.
5. McCafferty fires three torpedoes at a Russian convoy, but is unable to confirm a hit. Why?
(a) He is commanded to retreat.
(b) The Chicago is fired upon.
(c) His sonar is damaged.
(d) He is detected by the Russians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toland believes that the incident in Russia was faked. What reason would Russia have to fake something of this magnitude?
2. What marking will the Pharris receive that indicates that it has sunk a submarine?
3. What was the message of the movie that was televised the night before the attack on the Kremlin?
4. The mission against the Soviets is successful, but it is a costly victory. Why?
5. The Russian ship is repainted to look like a merchant ship, but they are not in normal shipping lanes. What does the crew do when the U.S. Navy questions them about this?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)