|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After O'Malley sinks his first live submarine, what does he say about his feelings?
(a) He says the submarine sinking was the saddest sound he'd ever heard.
(b) He says that the Russians deserved it.
(c) He says that it was the happiest day of his life.
(d) He says that he's ready to sink more submarines.
2. What is unusual about McCafferty's kill in chapters 35-39?
(a) The vessel sinks, but most of the crew escapes.
(b) The vessel is not severely damaged, but sinks anyway.
(c) The rescue buoy is deployed, even though all the sailors are already dead.
(d) Three men flee on a recuse raft.
3. Flynn and Calloway cover a speech by the Russian Foreign Minister. What does the Minister speak about?
(a) A proposal for arms reduction.
(b) A plea for other countries to send Russia money and oil.
(c) A proposal to build more oil refineries.
(d) Russia's strong military and financial wealth.
4. What is the name of the man who escapes the Keflavik air base and uses a radio to spread news of the attack?
(a) First Lieutenant Mike Edwards.
(b) Ed Morris.
(c) Commander Daniel Edwards.
(d) Patrick Flynn.
5. While the Russian soldiers are looking for Edwards and his men, what happens to distract them?
(a) They are faced with an angry mob of locals.
(b) They are attacked by Allied planes.
(c) They find and shoot a deer.
(d) They recieve orders to relocate to a different part of the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important thing does Edwards tell Vigdis about his feelings toward her before they are rescued?
2. What is the name of the girl Edwards and his men take with them when they leave the village?
3. Russia says that the explosion was caused by terrorists from which country?
4. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
5. What is the name of the alleged terrorist who admits to the attack on Russia?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)