|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Russian ship is repainted to look like a merchant ship, but they are not in normal shipping lanes. What does the crew do when the U.S. Navy questions them about this?
(a) They pretend they do not speak English and go on their way.
(b) They say that they fear the heightened government tensions, and say that they are fleeing the country.
(c) They say they fear escalating hostilities, and ask the Navy to help them in the event of an attack.
(d) They insist that they were off-course, and thank the Navy for bringing it to their attention.
2. After McCafferty arrives in Scotland, what does he discover about his skirmish with the Russian convoy?
(a) He frightened the Russians away.
(b) He interupted a Norwegian attack on the Russians.
(c) He damaged three Russian ships.
(d) He managed to sink a Russian vessel.
3. Morris did not receive much warning that the journalist was to join his ship, but he determines that the journalist is professional. Why?
(a) The journalist stays out of the way.
(b) The journalist is very well-spoken.
(c) The journalist has a good reputation.
(d) The journalist only carries one bag.
4. While the American military waits to confirm a plan to down Soviet satellites, something happens that sets back the operation. What happens?
(a) The Soviets attack American forces.
(b) The American government decides to scrap the operation.
(c) The American satellites go down.
(d) The Soviets launch missiles at American warships.
5. When the Russians locate a damaged American submarine, another Allied vessel distracts the Russians and leads them away. What is the name of that vessel?
(a) The Chicago.
(b) The Reuban James.
(c) The Pharris.
(d) The Nimitz.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the Russian soldiers are looking for Edwards and his men, what happens to distract them?
2. What is the name of the ship Toland's commanding officer is in charge of?
3. At the funeral, Sergetov is enraged by the loss of life that resulted from the explosion. He is also angry because of what reason?
4. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
5. When American forces attack the Keflavik air base, how many American planes do the Russians take down in their counter-attack?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)