|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When American forces attack the Keflavik air base, how many American planes do the Russians take down in their counter-attack?
2. The mission against the Soviets is successful, but it is a costly victory. Why?
(a) Many troops are captured by the Soviets.
(b) NATO supply lines are compromised.
(c) NATO forces were ambushed and had to be left behind.
(d) Several planes are lost during the mission.
3. What is the code name for the command to which Edwards reports?
(c) Boarding House.
4. Why is O'Malley worried about Morris's ability to captain the Ruben James?
(a) Morris says that he is tired of being in command and wishes to return to port.
(b) Morris is disliked by the other men on the ship.
(c) O'Mally believes that Morris is too inexperienced to captain such a large ship.
(d) He lost men on the Pharris, and may find returning to command too stressful.
5. What is the Russian Politburo?
(a) Twenty-five men who are in charge of Russia's military.
(b) Sixteen men who comprise Russia's Supreme Court.
(c) Thirteen men who make decisions for Russia.
(d) Ten men who are responsible for Russia's energy production.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the full name of the adviser to the Russian government, who specializes in energy production?
2. What is Toland's response to the news of the generals' executions, and how do his superiors react?
3. The U.S. fires on the Julius Fucik, but are unable to sink the boat. What does the captain of the ship do?
4. What new job is Morris given once he is back in the States?
5. What British town houses the USS Nimitz while it is repaired and prepared for service?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)