|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Edward's girlfriend's name?
2. After O'Malley sinks his first submarine, Morris asks him when he'll be ready to fly again. What does he say?
(a) He'll never be ready to fly again.
(b) He'll be ready next month.
(c) He'll be ready in maybe a week.
(d) He's ready to go back up now.
3. After McCafferty arrives in Scotland, what does he discover about his skirmish with the Russian convoy?
(a) He damaged three Russian ships.
(b) He frightened the Russians away.
(c) He managed to sink a Russian vessel.
(d) He interupted a Norwegian attack on the Russians.
4. While the American military waits to confirm a plan to down Soviet satellites, something happens that sets back the operation. What happens?
(a) The American government decides to scrap the operation.
(b) The American satellites go down.
(c) The Soviets attack American forces.
(d) The Soviets launch missiles at American warships.
5. On the Pharris, Morris realizes that the loss of the Keflavik air base is more significant than he once anticipated. Why?
(a) It allows the Russians to bring in reinforcements.
(b) It means that the Navy can not contact their ships at sea.
(c) It allows the Russians to attack both by air and by sea.
(d) It means the Navy can not use any air planes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the captain that Morris replaces on his new ship?
2. What kind of submarine does Morris and the other ship sink?
3. McCafferty fires three torpedoes at a Russian convoy, but is unable to confirm a hit. Why?
4. After Edwards loses his confidence in himself, he defers all decisions to what man?
5. After the Americans attack the Keflavik air base, Edwards announces that he and his men will have to relocate to a third location. Why?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)