|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Morris warns the crew of the USS Pharris that the ship's orders have changed. What does he tell them?
(a) Drills will continue to be conducted, but no one is to fire upon enemy ships.
(b) No more drills will be conducted; their new mission is to track all enemy ships.
(c) No more drills will be conducted; all calls to arms will be real.
(d) All personnel are to increase security and report any suspicious activity.
2. While Edwards is communicating with command about an attack on the Keflavik airfield, two important areas of the base are destroyed. What are they?
(a) The terminal and the supply housing.
(b) The airplane hangars and the barracks.
(c) The electric plant and the tower.
(d) The barracks and the terminal.
3. Doghouse tells Edwards and his men are told to "take a little hike." Where are they supposed to go?
(a) A distant Marine outpost.
(b) A town called Hvammsfjordur.
(c) To meet up with another group of stranded Marines.
(d) The nearest American ship.
4. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
(a) He is asked to return to active duty.
(b) He is dismissed from service and told to keep quiet about what he knows.
(c) His two-week reserve status is extended indefinitely.
(d) He is told to go on leave and return to the ship in a few weeks.
5. What is the name of the man who escapes the Keflavik air base and uses a radio to spread news of the attack?
(a) Ed Morris.
(b) First Lieutenant Mike Edwards.
(c) Patrick Flynn.
(d) Commander Daniel Edwards.
Short Answer Questions
1. The U.S. fires on the Julius Fucik, but are unable to sink the boat. What does the captain of the ship do?
2. Toland observes that the Allied forces are capable of beating the Russians, but they must be able to do what first?
3. An American soldier and Major Chapeyev are shot down in the same area, and Chapeyev attempts to take the American captive. What does the American ask the Chapeyev that dissuades him from doing so?
4. What happened to O'Malley that makes him relate to Morris's grief about the death of his men?
5. What is the supposed occupation of the "terrorist"?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)