|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After McCafferty arrives in Scotland, what does he discover about his skirmish with the Russian convoy?
(a) He damaged three Russian ships.
(b) He frightened the Russians away.
(c) He interupted a Norwegian attack on the Russians.
(d) He managed to sink a Russian vessel.
2. What political body does the Politburo suggest should be eliminated?
(a) The European Union.
(c) The Russian Council.
(d) The United Nations.
3. What is the full name of the adviser to the Russian government, who specializes in energy production?
(a) Mikhail Eduardovich Sergetov.
(b) Dmitri Shostakovich.
(c) Alexander Taneyev.
(d) Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.
4. What is the name of the alleged terrorist who admits to the attack on Russia?
(a) Horst Mahler.
(b) Axel Springer.
(c) Franz Meinhof.
(d) Gerhardt Falken.
5. Morris decides to treat the prisoners from the sunken submarine in a very unusual way. Why does Morris decide to treat the prisoners this way?
(a) It's the safest way to get the Russians off the Pharris.
(b) It's to prevent the Russians from spying on the Americans.
(c) It's the best way to gain information from them.
(d) It's to avenge the deaths of the soldiers the Russians killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In this section of the book, Sergetov questions a Russian soldier who has returned from the front. How is the soldier related to him?
2. The Russian ship is repainted to look like a merchant ship, but they are not in normal shipping lanes. What does the crew do when the U.S. Navy questions them about this?
3. After Edwards loses his confidence in himself, he defers all decisions to what man?
4. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
5. When American forces attack the Keflavik air base, how many American planes do the Russians take down in their counter-attack?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)