|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The eulogy given at the Russian victims' funeral calls for what action?
(a) Political demonstrations to protest Russian oil shortages.
(b) Retaliation against the alleged terrorist's country.
(c) Increased diplomacy to solve Russia's problems.
(d) Forgiveness and reconciliation with Russia's enemies.
2. Morris did not receive much warning that the journalist was to join his ship, but he determines that the journalist is professional. Why?
(a) The journalist has a good reputation.
(b) The journalist only carries one bag.
(c) The journalist is very well-spoken.
(d) The journalist stays out of the way.
3. The execution of four Russian generals has a profound impact on the rest of the Russian military. How do other military officers respond?
(a) By being more deeply committed to the Russian government.
(b) By being fearful toward the Russian government.
(c) They are pleased that rogue officers were caught and punished.
(d) They are angry that the Russian government interfered with the military.
4. Highly-trained Russian forces begin fighting on the ground in Germany. What is the special title of those forces?
(a) Spezielle Operationen forces.
(b) Spezialkräfte forces.
(c) Spetznaz forces.
(d) Vympel forces.
5. How many men escape the submarine that the Pharris sinks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Toland's response to the news of the generals' executions, and how do his superiors react?
2. What are Edwards and his men told to do once they leave their hiding place?
3. The U.S. fires on the Julius Fucik, but are unable to sink the boat. What does the captain of the ship do?
4. The Commander of the USS Pharris receives orders about how to deal with ships he encounters. What are those orders?
5. Why is O'Malley worried about Morris's ability to captain the Ruben James?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)