|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What element of the Russian offensive does Pavel Alekeseyev say is crucial to its success?
(a) Extensive military action.
(b) Shock and awe.
2. What happened to Edwards's girlfriend?
(a) She left him for another man when he left to go to war.
(b) She was killed by a Russian missile.
(c) She was raped and murdered at her University.
(d) She committed suicide.
3. Four hovercraft are about to land on Iceland's coast. Why weren't they noticed by the Navy sooner?
(a) They flew too quickly to be recognized.
(b) They were disguised.
(c) The Russians caused a diversion.
(d) The Navy's radar did not see them.
4. What are Edwards and his men told to do once they leave their hiding place?
(a) Stake out and observe an electrical plant.
(b) Try to regain control of the air base.
(c) Sabotage the Russians' missiles.
(d) Hide in a nearby refinery.
5. When Toland is recalled to duty and is preparing to leave his home, he hears a news report about something that occurs at the Kremlin. What was it?
(a) There was a riot over the lack of oil.
(b) There was an explosion at the Kremlin.
(c) Another oil refinery is attacked.
(d) An important government official is kidnapped.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Russian Central Committee member who explains to Sergetov how the Politburo organizes reports?
2. Of the people who died in the attack on Russia, how many were children?
3. On the Pharris, Morris realizes that the loss of the Keflavik air base is more significant than he once anticipated. Why?
4. Morris warns the crew of the USS Pharris that the ship's orders have changed. What does he tell them?
5. After McCafferty arrives in Scotland, what does he discover about his skirmish with the Russian convoy?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)