|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Edwards and his men do when they realize that they have been located by the Russians on the mountain?
(a) They take defensive positions and wait for the Russians to come close to them.
(b) They retreat to another hill.
(c) They scatter and hide in the mountains.
(d) They radio an Allied helicopter to come shoot the Russians.
2. What does Georgiyevich say his replacement told the Politburo when the war was discussed with the Politburo?
(a) His replacement told the Politburo what they wanted to hear.
(b) His replacement kept silent when asked for his report.
(c) His replacement tried to dissuade the Politburo from going to war.
(d) His replacement tried to talk the Politburo into attacking immediately.
3. Where does First Lieutenant Mike Edwards stay to monitor the situation at the air base?
(a) An abandoned building on the base.
(b) A nearby barn.
(c) Hill 152.
(d) A local man's house.
4. What happens to the military personnel in the Keflavik air base?
(a) They are forced to fight for the Russians.
(b) They are either killed or taken hostage.
(c) They are set free and told to warn the military that Russia is taking over.
(d) They are forced to act as the Russians' servants.
5. At the funeral, Sergetov is enraged by the loss of life that resulted from the explosion. He is also angry because of what reason?
(a) One of the parents of the deceased made a scene.
(b) He feels responsible for the death of the children.
(c) Half of the people who knew about the attack were at the funeral.
(d) The Politburo used the funeral as an excuse to discuss politics publicly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the full name of the author of the article about the importance of the Russian oil fields?
2. An AP Moscow Correspondent publishes a new story about the Nizhnevartovskv oil refinery fire. What does it say caused the explosion?
3. When American forces attack the Keflavik air base, how many American planes do the Russians take down in their counter-attack?
4. Why is this mission to take out the bridges so important in the war against the Soviets?
5. What element of the Russian offensive does Pavel Alekeseyev say is crucial to its success?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)