|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Russians who control the air base are attacked by American planes. What do the American planes fail to destroy?
(a) The air field.
(b) The base's air terminal.
(c) The flight command tower.
(d) Several runways.
2. Morris and his new crew work with another ship to sink an enemy submarine. What is the other ship's name?
(a) The Harpie.
(b) The Audie Murphy.
(c) The Battleaxe.
(d) The Man O' War.
3. What does Sergetov note about the Politburo's decision to go to war for oil?
(a) That it's safer to send Russians to war than to let them live cold and hungry.
(b) That the Russian people want to go to war to make their country richer.
(c) That oil is more important than the lives of Russian citizens.
(d) That the Politburo wants to go to war because they hate other countries.
4. After Morris arrives in Boston, to what city is he sent?
(a) Quantico, VA.
(b) Tampa, FL.
(c) Newport, RI.
(d) Norfolk, VA.
5. The men that escape the sunken submarine are captured and taken on board the Pharris. How are they treated?
(a) They are locked in a store room and given minimal food and water.
(b) They are tortured for information.
(c) They are executed.
(d) They are well cared for, but they are separated from the rest of the crew.
Short Answer Questions
1. In this section of the book, Sergetov questions a Russian soldier who has returned from the front. How is the soldier related to him?
2. Highly-trained Russian forces begin fighting on the ground in Germany. What is the special title of those forces?
3. After Edwards loses his confidence in himself, he defers all decisions to what man?
4. Why is the Russian Foreign Minister's speech so significant?
5. What happens to the Pharris in chapter 27?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)