|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Russians who control the air base are attacked by American planes. What do the American planes fail to destroy?
(a) The flight command tower.
(b) Several runways.
(c) The base's air terminal.
(d) The air field.
2. What does Morris do to gain information from the Russian prisoners about the whereabouts of other vessels?
(a) He witholds food and water until they tell him where other ships are located.
(b) He gives the Russians liquor and bugs their rooms.
(c) He tortures them for information.
(d) He tries to convince the Russians to cooperate.
3. Alekeseyev is promised that the Russian Navy can achieve a certain goal. What is it?
(a) They can defeat the Americans.
(b) They can "close" the Atlantic.
(c) They can destroy NATO.
(d) They can return home soon.
4. What does the Politburo decide after Sergetov's report?
(a) That they need oil, and that they must purchase as much as possible.
(b) That secretly manufacturing weapons will solve their problems.
(c) That they need oil, and that they must take it by force.
(d) That they need weapons, and should negotiate with Europe to get them.
5. How does O'Malley try to help Morris deal with the deaths of the men on the Pharris?
(a) He encourages Morris to forget about the Pharris and focus on his new crew.
(b) He recommends that Morris see a psychiatrist.
(c) He asks Morris to write about the details of the attack.
(d) He asks him to have a drink and has him talk about what happened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edwards warn command about the relocation to a safer place?
2. What is the name of Georgiyevich's driver?
3. What do Alekeseyev and Sergetov conclude about the Russian offensive in Germany?
4. Where is the air base in Iceland?
5. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)