|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important thing does Edwards tell Vigdis about his feelings toward her before they are rescued?
(a) He tells her that he has to leave the country without her.
(b) He tells her that he loves her.
(c) He tells her that she reminds him of his girlfriend.
(d) He tells her that he views her as a sister.
2. What does Morris do to gain information from the Russian prisoners about the whereabouts of other vessels?
(a) He tries to convince the Russians to cooperate.
(b) He witholds food and water until they tell him where other ships are located.
(c) He gives the Russians liquor and bugs their rooms.
(d) He tortures them for information.
3. A Russian soldier named Chernyavin is in Germany. He is disguised as what kind of person?
(a) A Russian diplomat.
(b) A Jewish businessman.
(c) A German entrepreneur.
(d) An Austrian investor.
4. After O'Malley sinks his first live submarine, what does he say about his feelings?
(a) He says the submarine sinking was the saddest sound he'd ever heard.
(b) He says that he's ready to sink more submarines.
(c) He says that it was the happiest day of his life.
(d) He says that the Russians deserved it.
5. As Chernyavin's men are traveling, they find themselves face-to-face with a tank. They then hear Chernyavin's voice telling them to surrender themselves. Why does this surprise them?
(a) They believe that Chernyavin is dead.
(b) They think that Chernyavin is working for the Germans.
(c) They are now under new leadership.
(d) They think that Chernyavin is still in prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Edwards loses his confidence in himself, he defers all decisions to what man?
2. The Russian KGB takes what political body hostage?
3. What is Toland's first order of business once he reaches safety?
4. What honor does Morris receive once he is back on American soil?
5. Who is the Russian Central Committee member who explains to Sergetov how the Politburo organizes reports?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)