|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Edwards notes that Vigdis does not complain about having to move about in hostile territory. Why is this especially significant?
(a) Vigdis is pregnant.
(b) Vigdis has never left her family before.
(c) Vigdis has a wounded shoulder.
(d) Vigdis' leg is broken.
2. The Politburo divides reports into which three categories?
(a) Yellow, orange, and red.
(b) Best case, middle case, and worst case.
(c) Low importance, medium importance, high importance.
(d) Important, urgent, critical.
3. How does Flynn react to the Russian's show of reducing their arms?
(a) He's excited to see that the Russians are taking steps toward peace.
(b) He's indifferent about the arms reduction.
(c) He's skeptical about their honesty concerning their disarmament.
(d) He's tense about the reduction of arms in the Russian military.
4. Russia does something to indicate that they are reducing their nuclear arms. What do they do?
(a) They take apart Russian rocket-launchers.
(b) They dismantle nuclear warheads.
(c) They fill torpedo tubes with concrete.
(d) They shut down nuclear reactors.
5. What is the supposed occupation of the "terrorist"?
(a) A bomb manufacturer.
(b) A military specialist.
(c) A spy.
(d) A demolition worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapters 35-39, McCafferty scores a hit by sinking which vessel?
2. At the funeral, Sergetov is enraged by the loss of life that resulted from the explosion. He is also angry because of what reason?
3. How does O'Malley try to help Morris deal with the deaths of the men on the Pharris?
4. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
5. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)