|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An American soldier and Major Chapeyev are shot down in the same area, and Chapeyev attempts to take the American captive. What does the American ask the Chapeyev that dissuades him from doing so?
(a) He asks the Russian if he can really bear to kill him in cold blood.
(b) He asks the Russian to share his water with him.
(c) He asks the Russian if he has enough shark repellent.
(d) He asks the Russian if captives really matter at sea.
2. What boat is Toland on when the Russians attack?
(a) The Pharris.
(b) The Lincolon.
(c) The Nimitz.
(d) The Chicago.
3. Why is O'Malley worried about Morris's ability to captain the Ruben James?
(a) Morris is disliked by the other men on the ship.
(b) Morris says that he is tired of being in command and wishes to return to port.
(c) He lost men on the Pharris, and may find returning to command too stressful.
(d) O'Mally believes that Morris is too inexperienced to captain such a large ship.
4. When Calloway interviews O'Malley about sinking the submarine, what does O'Malley point out about the American military?
(a) That Calloway can not understand combat because he's a civilian.
(b) The Russians fired on the Americans first.
(c) The military never takes joy in sinking enemy vessels.
(d) The military never uses the word "killing."
5. While the Russian soldiers are looking for Edwards and his men, what happens to distract them?
(a) They find and shoot a deer.
(b) They are faced with an angry mob of locals.
(c) They are attacked by Allied planes.
(d) They recieve orders to relocate to a different part of the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toland observes that the Allied forces are capable of beating the Russians, but they must be able to do what first?
2. What does Sergetov note about the Politburo's decision to go to war for oil?
3. Flynn and Calloway cover a speech by the Russian Foreign Minister. What does the Minister speak about?
4. What new job is Morris given once he is back in the States?
5. The night before the attack, a movie was televised throughout Russia. What was the movie about?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)