|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Russian Foreign Minister's speech so significant?
(a) He's trying to divert attention from Russia's upcoming offensive.
(b) He's trying to gain favor with other countries by asking for their help.
(c) He's trying to intimidate other countries with boasts about Russia's well-being.
(d) He's trying to draw attention away from Russia's weakened state.
2. How long is the Russian military offensive supposed to last?
(a) Seven to nine days.
(b) Two to three weeks.
(c) Six to eight months.
(d) Three to four years.
3. The night before the attack, a movie was televised throughout Russia. What was the movie about?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Russian military.
(c) Nuclear War.
(d) A German attack on Russia.
4. Edwards and his men are supposed to hike about two hundred miles. How long is their journey supposed to last?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A month.
5. When Calloway interviews O'Malley about sinking the submarine, what does O'Malley point out about the American military?
(a) That Calloway can not understand combat because he's a civilian.
(b) The military never uses the word "killing."
(c) The Russians fired on the Americans first.
(d) The military never takes joy in sinking enemy vessels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of vessel does the USS Pharris sink?
2. What happened to O'Malley that makes him relate to Morris's grief about the death of his men?
3. As Chernyavin's men are traveling, they find themselves face-to-face with a tank. They then hear Chernyavin's voice telling them to surrender themselves. Why does this surprise them?
4. What code name is given to Edwards?
5. After O'Malley sinks his first live submarine, what does he say about his feelings?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)